TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON Sequel gets Kosinski on Board

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: TRON Sequel gets Kosinski on Board

on Wednesday, September, 12, 2007 9:51 AM

Red5 Wrote:No, I didn't, and it doesn't matter. The story is not 100% confirmed, and regardless of what the sub-heading says, I imagine any new Tron film would be a remake.
I think I'm going to go jump off a cliff now.

Haha, no but seriously . . . if I ever want to feel miserable, I know who to talk to now. Thanks for cheering up the thread.

Of course nothing is 100% confirmed, but I don't think automatically forecasting gloom and doom is the right attitude to take. Cautiously optimistic, folks. Cautiously optimistic. Be prepared to be let down, but always hoping for the best. Don't follow Red5's example.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Jeric Hikari
User

on Wednesday, September, 12, 2007 10:13 AM
Well I'm holding out hope at this stage. Guarded, yes, but still hope that it actually goes through this time.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Cheapie TheatreGot five minutes to kill? Want to read a story? Here ya go.

laphtiya
User

on Wednesday, September, 12, 2007 10:31 AM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Red5 Wrote:No, I didn't, and it doesn't matter. The story is not 100% confirmed, and regardless of what the sub-heading says, I imagine any new Tron film would be a remake.

Haha, no but seriously . . . if I ever want to feel miserable, I know who to talk to now. Thanks for cheering up the thread.

Of course nothing is 100% confirmed, but I don't think automatically forecasting gloom and doom is the right attitude to take. Cautiously optimistic, folks. Cautiously optimistic. Be prepared to be let down, but always hoping for the best. Don't follow Red5's example.

I agree with you on that one. I am not for doom and gloom I am just basing my thoughts on how Hollywood is going at the moment. With their "throw CGI at it until it works" attitude. I can easily see them completely CGIing users and program actors. This will allow them to make programs look completely complex and flashy but I think they will lose something big in doing that. The way Tron was shot worked great. The actors looked a part of the world and didnt stand out as much. Unlike modern movies where CGI characters stand out like sore thumbs (just look at the Pirates movies where CGI stunt men just look stupid).

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, September, 12, 2007 11:24 AM
zorbee Wrote:I hope Jessica Alba's in it. she is so smexy.

As long as she has a non-speaking part where she walks by in the background in spandex and glowing lines, I guess that'd be OK with me. Anything more and I will protest, she's a shitty actress.

DaveTRON

CalvinSpiff II
User

on Wednesday, September, 12, 2007 11:51 AM
Holy cow! Really?! YES, I knew this day would come!

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm coming for you, people! You thought you'd defeated me, but I'm still here! I will kill you all! MWAHAHAH *cough wheeze* HAHAHA *hack cough* argh.

Red5
User

on Wednesday, September, 12, 2007 1:39 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

If not wanting to see a sequel, prequel, or a remake of Tron is casting doom and gloom, then fair enough. Any of the above would dilute my image and the preservation of the original. Tron is a unique movie; it cannot be compared to anything else, but no-one has come close. I hope it stays that way.

lurkinghorror
User

on Wednesday, September, 12, 2007 3:01 PM
No new material can ever take away from the source. Barring very rare instances like the original Star Wars trilogy, the source material is unaltered by new material in any tangible or meaningful way.

Qix77
User

on Wednesday, September, 12, 2007 5:56 PM
A lot of things are coming back from the 80's...

Van Halen has David Lee Roth back.
Ghostbusters 3 (CG or Live action? I hope the latter is true)
Transformers movie
G.I. Joe live action movie said to be in pre-production
Consoles are providing retro gaming support
etc...

I just hope all that is a sign that everyone is serious at Disney about making a new Tron movie.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Sora.EXE
User

on Wednesday, September, 12, 2007 6:46 PM
Tron...
...Sequel...?
...OMGWTFLOLBBQ?!?!

I sure they don't f**k it up. Let's hope it's faithful.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Qix77
User

on Wednesday, September, 12, 2007 7:01 PM
Sora.EXE Wrote:Tron...
...Sequel...?
...OMGWTFLOLBBQ?

I sure they don't f**k it up. Let's hope it's faithful.

Aman to that..
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Nikster
User

on Wednesday, September, 12, 2007 7:44 PM
laphtiya Wrote:
Euphemizm Wrote:
The old rasterize graphic look will be easy to recreate in 3d ( I know since I do that for a living) but the temptation for studios to "overdo" the CG and lose the original feel will be highly likely.

More than likely, we've all seen in movies how they just CGI everything until it has lost any real meaning and the studios are basically saying "Look at what we can do with computers!" Tron will suffer from this more than any other movie out to date seeing as alot of Tron takes place inside the digital world I can see directors and producers fighting over there "VISION" of Tron.

I would expect the following:

1) Programs look completely different more "cooler" (as the studio will say) and way more complex looking than they did in the original. Probably using the excuse that this is how programs look now. And I doubt we'll see any original Tron like programs.

I actually think they could do that, and pull it off well. How? Well, remember in Tron 2.0 where Jet had to enter that old mainframe? It would be something along those lines. The main character(s) would have to for some reason venture into an old system, where everything looks like it did back in 1982. Who knows, they could even run into the gang from the original there (and maybe end up bringing some of them into the more modern system). I personally think that would make for an interesting story...I mean, how would a antiquated security program (Tron) handle the modern viruses and such that computers have to deal with today?

The film could be just as much about the old-school programs (Tron, Yuri, et al) dealing with the shock of what the computerworld has become as much as it would be about beating the bad guy(s)

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

CyberBlade
User

on Wednesday, September, 12, 2007 9:53 PM
i jumped on the tron sector the other day to see what was happening.. not too much going as i saw.

come on just yesterday and i turn white as a sheet..

MORE TRON?
bring it!

still waiting for management to hear my proposition on a deal i wish to make with them..
anyways, all quite good

still learning some in's and out's of moving making machinima but getting there..
i just hope by doing this wont 'steal' any plotlines for the movie if its in production.

Signiture
"So, You are a user, Facinating." "Yes" "No"
"Hah, ICP should stand for Incompetant Confused Programs."

Traahn
User

on Thursday, September, 13, 2007 12:00 AM
I hope Jar Jar Binks has a role in the new movie... "Meesa Gungan wanna smashathe bombad MCP!"order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Daddyo
User

on Thursday, September, 13, 2007 2:41 AM
Qix77 Wrote:A lot of things are coming back from the 80's...

Not again!! I guess i'm out another couple hundred for tickets hehe - even though Daves upper voice is pretty much useless. Not to mention a couple days of ears ringing (come on Dave, gimme a break!)
http://www.van-halen.com/news.html
Just wish they'd make a full album, whoever the singer is
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

CyberBlade
User

on Thursday, September, 13, 2007 3:28 AM
Maby im being silly with this thought, but yes we are all fans of the movie. and i could understand thoes skeptical of it.

I will admit i was late getting into tron, i was brought into it through the game.
I for one have really fallen to love the PC game because the story to it was so well done and pannd out and also how emenseful it feels to be in a digital world.

my guess is they did it right so well because well. they were all programmers and for one, they are computer enthusiasts so they know the ins and outs of it all.

while a new director and new cast might seem really bad, (yeah i know there have been some shockers) but there is always an upside to it.. it would be a shame to see a tron movie have mistakes, and ofcourse with everyone a fanatic about it, it would most likely be ripped to shreds about how it mightent stand upto the original.

Im going to attack this with an open mind, i would love to see a movie and would love to see Disney chasing it up.
i spose they might of made a good penny from the 20th anniversary's dvd launch? i know i scored my copy!

It mighent be the original director, but a new one cant be half bad. the original had a mind about what he wanted, now a new one might have a diffrent idea to expand it.
my way of looking at it is (old person will think inside the box, but new kid on the block will think outside the box)
so i dont see it as a bad thing. one would say keep it true to the film. but what about the game?
how it was set in over time and Alan has a kid, kid is in the computer world and the process (somewhat) repeats.
ofcourse with the game, it has unlimited potential in it and the movie world, it can only be limited to the audience (can they all comprehend the idea of the computer?)

I would possibly think otherwise about DIsney (im sure TronFAQ will dig into me for this)
But since the movie, many took it with a grain of salt not thinking too much. ofcourse it set a benchmark for CG and it worked from there.
They later planned a movie, but decided a game. while the game has an odd bug or two (thousand) its still the tron heritage around.. now there are talks of a movie to try and streamline it?

while the cowardness off Buena Vista killed the game almost entirely, Disney has held onto the name. it could be a forgotten memory, but they are persistant to revive it every so often.. well, havent they?

If thoes want it to be original, then maby send off an email about it, i did asking for the source code to the game (call me optimistic) but after little movement, i offered financial compensation to get my hands on it and talks have been happening for sometime, little i will add, but all i wanted was a nudge and a snowball effect has occured.

try it yourself, maby not to critisize it just yet, but put your 2 bobs in for what you want to see in it.. i mean.. what better idea then to hear from the Tron-sector?

-
TJ

EDIT: also for the past few days trying my damnedest to design a level and a cinematic ingame.. making progress but tricky.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Signiture
"So, You are a user, Facinating." "Yes" "No"
"Hah, ICP should stand for Incompetant Confused Programs."

laphtiya
User

on Thursday, September, 13, 2007 5:41 AM
Nikster Wrote:
laphtiya Wrote:
Euphemizm Wrote:
The old rasterize graphic look will be easy to recreate in 3d ( I know since I do that for a living) but the temptation for studios to "overdo" the CG and lose the original feel will be highly likely.

More than likely, we've all seen in movies how they just CGI everything until it has lost any real meaning and the studios are basically saying "Look at what we can do with computers!" Tron will suffer from this more than any other movie out to date seeing as alot of Tron takes place inside the digital world I can see directors and producers fighting over there "VISION" of Tron.

I would expect the following:

1) Programs look completely different more "cooler" (as the studio will say) and way more complex looking than they did in the original. Probably using the excuse that this is how programs look now. And I doubt we'll see any original Tron like programs.

I actually think they could do that, and pull it off well. How? Well, remember in Tron 2.0 where Jet had to enter that old mainframe? It would be something along those lines. The main character(s) would have to for some reason venture into an old system, where everything looks like it did back in 1982. Who knows, they could even run into the gang from the original there (and maybe end up bringing some of them into the more modern system). I personally think that would make for an interesting story...I mean, how would a antiquated security program (Tron) handle the modern viruses and such that computers have to deal with today?

The film could be just as much about the old-school programs (Tron, Yuri, et al) dealing with the shock of what the computerworld has become as much as it would be about beating the bad guy(s)

Yeah thats a good way of putting it, and that would be sweet just like in 2.0. However what I had in mind is that they over complicate the look of the programs so they hardly resemble the originals at all. I think 2.0 did a great job of updating the look of Tron and the characters within the universe but managed to keep that feel and originality that Tron had.

Dont get me wrong I think it would be just as bad to keep it 100% like the original and not update anything. Times have changes computers are more complex than they were. What does a 32 bit program look like? what does a 64 bit program look like?? does this make them more powerful fighters on the game grid? Is Tron an out dated program or does he run the system? as his function described by Alan kind of suggested that Tron would.

lurkinghorror
User

on Thursday, September, 13, 2007 8:32 AM
I've always felt it a mistake to look for a literal upgrade with the characters and universe of Tron. The entire universe as perceived by Flynn is an analogy.

EncomCEO
User

on Thursday, September, 13, 2007 10:47 AM
Qix77 Wrote:A lot of things are coming back from the 80's...
Ghostbusters 3 (CG or Live action? I hope the latter is true)
Transformers movie
G.I. Joe live action movie said to be in pre-production
Consoles are providing retro gaming support
etc...

You may remember these things from the 1980s, but Van Halen formed in 1974. And G.I. JOE dates from 1942.

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Thursday, September, 13, 2007 11:09 AM

I had a couple of problems with the Tron 2.0 storyline to be honest. I didn't like the introduction of the fact that Tron was modified into some rampaging monster of a program and then shelved. I was disappointed that the only original character we saw was Alan. And the closest we came to interacting with Tron was his source code

Of course, by the time this is all said and done we'll probably see this done for TV, starring some child actor from the Cosby Show and put on the Disney Channel right after Kim Possible.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, September, 13, 2007 11:11 AM

As far as getting the look of a sequel right, I think that's the easy part. As long as Mr. Kosinski isn't trying to go off on some bizarre tangent to put his own "personal stamp" on the film's aesthetics, that is.

The Honda commercial from a while back proved that maintaining the look of the original film can be done. And Tron 2.0 proved that updating the style while remaining respectful of the original look, is also possible.

Where my concern lies, is with the story. Steven Lisberger is not being credited as writing it. I don't know whether the writers are going to base their work off one of Steven's treatments for a sequel, or not. This is what concerns me more than anything.

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON Sequel gets Kosinski on Board