Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art 
 First Post - Tron 2.1 ( Continuation of Tron 2.0 )

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 7 PagesNextLast
David1
User

on Thursday, October, 18, 2007 11:00 AM
Hi All, Just played Tron 2.0 again and felt strongly that I didn't like the ending... Tron was magical. As a programmer at the time (or a wannabe at least) I maintained suspension of disbeleif. Not so with Tron 2.0. And the ending sucked, so I added a little bit of (missed) ending and then flowed onto a follow on. I saw a couple of pages from the first comic, but heard it was discontinued, and the urge to write my own continuation hit. Anyway, I thought I would post it so if anyone was interested, please enjoy. Please also go easy on me - It's a first post. But all comments - even flames, welcome. David1.

Click here to go to a list of chapters. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Who hacked my .sig?

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: First Post - Tron 2.1 ( Continuation of Tron 2.0 )

on Thursday, October, 18, 2007 1:51 PM

Hi David1, welcome to Tron-Sector.

I think a lot of people agree that Tron 2.0 had a weak ending, including myself. That's why most of us were hoping for an expansion to the game that continued the story, and would have a better resolution. But it didn't happen. I'll take a look at your new ending, shortly.

As for the comic, it hasn't been discontinued. There are still 2 issues yet to be released, (for a total of 6). The run length of the series has always been up in the air, but lately it was confirmed that there would be 6 issues and we've only seen 4 so far.

You must be thinking of the earlier attempt at a Tron comic from 88mph Studios. Yes, that one was cancelled unfortunately. But a new one has been released in its place, from a different publisher called SLG Publishing.

You can buy all four comics from SLG's web site, if you're interested:
SLG's store

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Cam_the_Man
User

on Thursday, October, 18, 2007 4:23 PM

1 word:
Cool.
I hope you write more.

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

Re: First Post - Tron 2.1 ( Continuation of Tron 2

on Thursday, October, 18, 2007 7:09 PM
David1 Wrote:Hi All, Just played Tron 2.0 again and felt strongly that I didn't like the ending... Tron was magical. As a programmer at the time (or a wannabe at least) I maintained suspension of disbeleif. Not so with Tron 2.0. And the ending sucked, so I added a little bit of (missed) ending and then flowed onto a follow on. I saw a couple of pages from the first comic, but heard it was discontinued, and the urge to write my own continuation hit. Anyway, I thought I would post it so if anyone was interested, please enjoy. Please also go easy on me - It's a first post. But all comments - even flames, welcome. David1.

http://203.13.16.1/tron/tron%202.1.htm

Greetings, David1 and welcome to TRON-Sector!

TRON the film was indeed a magical experience for me (and the rest of us here). We're all pretty much TRON 2.0 fans, but you're not the first to voice disappointment in the ending. Personally I didn't care for the entire story line of TRON 2.0. Didn't like the way Alan was an old, physically worn down guy with back problems, Laura was dead (except for that which remained in Ma3a), didn't care for the name "Jet", and of course, the ending was, for lack of a better way of putting it, kind of lame. Aside from my personal disappointments in the story of the game itself, I thought the game, as a whole, rocked! Perhaps I was more in love with the fact that I had the opportunity play in the TRON universe after more than TWO decades of waiting for such a thrill. The game play was fun, well executed and conceptually awesome (barring the story).

I'm sure you'll get some good feedback for you TRON fan fiction. Sometimes posts are slow to trickle in as we've all got our real world responsibilities to attend to, so be patient if feedback is slow.

A couple of threads you may want to hit are:

What's with your name?

And...

Don't forget to PING in every time you have yourself Another dose of TRON

I think you'll enjoy your time here at The Sector

David1
User

on Sunday, October, 21, 2007 11:27 AM
Thanks for the comments. I've just completed Chapter 2 (small chapters) but there's some anachronistic issues with my timeframes to fix before uploading..

So I'm playing 2.0 again, and this time collecting all the emails...

And remembering to save the final game.

And watching the movie over again to ensure what I remember is correct.

Thanks for the comments, Cam_the_Man. I appreciate it. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks for the suggestions TronFAQ/ReelTodd. I decided to order the comics now since they are going to finish. I was worried they were canned.. That would have sucked, so I wasn't sure whether to order them or not.

David1

Who hacked my .sig?

Cam_the_Man
User

on Monday, October, 22, 2007 4:16 PM

Speaking of writing there's one thing I don't understand. Anything I write, people tell me it's good, but I don't think so. So either they're nice or I'm better at writing than I think I am. I guess my point is, I can be easily impressed by some fan fics, the others just kinda get boring.
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"

David1
User

on Tuesday, October, 23, 2007 8:54 AM
Cam_the_Man Wrote:
Speaking of writing there's one thing I don't understand. Anything I write, people tell me it's good, but I don't think so. So either they're nice or I'm better at writing than I think I am. I guess my point is, I can be easily impressed by some fan fics, the others just kinda get boring.

On a forum like this people are just nice and do tend to say nice things, that is true, but generally, if someone goes to the trouble to comment, they are being genuine. It's pretty easy to just ignore something you don't like and avoid commenting altogether.

So on the balance of it, they probably enjoyed what you wrote. So you probably did write something they liked. Even if you thought otherwise.

Can you post me a quick link to something you've written? I'd be happy to offer a genuine opinion.

To truly evaluate it yourself, put it away for a while and read it later - maybe a year or so. Then you have forgotten what you were thinking when you wrote it and you can get a better idea if it was good.

I've written some stuff I went back to later and said "That's incredible. I can't beleive I wrote something this good" and I've also gone back after a year and said "What utter drivel. What was I thinking when I wrote this".

We are all capable of writing very well and very badly but we are all poor self-critics at the time.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You're probably a good writer. Just enjoy it

David1

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Who hacked my .sig?

David1
User

Chapter 2 online - Correct address -

on Tuesday, October, 23, 2007 10:54 AM
Sorry,

http://203.13.16.1/tron/Tron%202.11.htm

David1where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Who hacked my .sig?

Cam_the_Man
User

on Tuesday, October, 23, 2007 4:10 PM

Actually most of the stuff was little snippets- poems, short stories, et cetera... I think I'll show you a poem I did way back in grade school... if I can find it. It was the first thing that came to mind.
Oh, you're link doesn't work.

laphtiya
User

on Tuesday, October, 23, 2007 6:05 PM
Cam_the_Man Wrote:

I do that in everything I do, drawing, programming, writing. Personally I've decided it is because I am too close to what I am doing to appriciate it. Whenever you do something you always look for what you could have done better and you end up becomming obsessed with the faults.

David1
User

on Tuesday, October, 23, 2007 6:59 PM
The link is a little dodgy... It dropped out last night but is back up this morning.

laphtiya phrased it a lot more concisely that I did. I guess that's why feedback is important. So we can improve what we do.

David1.

Who hacked my .sig?

Jademz
User

on Tuesday, October, 23, 2007 9:46 PM
Thanks for the link, and since you need some constructive criticism, I'll be happy to point some inconsistencies out.

The personal parts in Tron 2.0 are null. It's elemental, not personal, yet it had people in it. mmmk. The intervention of acting was almost gone, it was just data in, data out, with people in it, didn't I already say that? Oh wait, but hate and greed, that's some good acting in it, oh and gimme my disk.. ect.

Then, you take the movie Tron: peculiarly, has a respectful amount of (80's) feel, maybe even disrespectful to a computer society, which made adding the elements more exciting, but it's hard work, so... D'igsney, or the creators cut it down, made what little personal stuff they could add, then, add sports, and the whimsical MCP, delete the suck face stuff. k. so yeah, then it was taken from a truer form!! by d'igsney. So what can I say, I would like a film by Lisberger this time.

There's the "personal" part, so If I continue, it wouldn't help your story, which is a small screenplay at this moment, but your background, and definitions must scream "star-trek", or real science adopted by sci-fi.

Good luck!

Cam_the_Man
User

on Wednesday, October, 24, 2007 4:55 PM

David, can't wait until chapter 3. FanFics like these make TRON seem more than a fandom to me. It feels different.
It feels real.
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, October, 24, 2007 9:58 PM
I realized after I looked through the thread you added the second chapter. So I'll make an effort to wrap my head around that.

It sounds like Jet's characteristics are writing themselves, as if he's imposed in the realm of Tron, and vice versa. I realize you are continuing the storyline, but it sounds like his abilities are bleeding all over, instead of a resolution for his personality.

However, I may not have read correctly (or thouroughly enough), -characters abilities, are they due to the abilities that they have, or because they are instable, and unable to control a concious within machines around them, inside thier minds? (just the right answer will do, sry). (since the connection is severe in Jet, I assume there is also that means there is the hypothetical, even so, the mystery needs work, to pop my nerves into recon mode..)

Like the technical side of the chapter, nice work.

Let me know if thats too much wierdness, or ignore me, that works too lol.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

aldul
User

Re: First Post - Tron 2.1 ( Continuation of Tron 2

on Thursday, October, 25, 2007 1:46 PM
I found that after reading a chapter, I thought "Hey, where's the rest of this?" I think your pacing is good, and there's some original thinking there, like the explanations of how the two worlds are linked together. Not everything is revealed at once, and it moves along nicely. No offense to the SLG guys, but they need to start tying things together before we just lose interest. The issues are too far apart and too short with not enough dialog.

It sounds like the Tron universe would be limited to those machines that sported this unique architecture of optical memory and dynamic recompilers, which is fine. It's an interesting deviation from the game, which posits that pretty much anything with a processor has a Tron world analogue. I would call your explanation "sci-fi plausible" :-)

Criticisms? Not really. The occasional typo or rare awkward sentence, but those are things an editor would polish up. You're also doing this for free, so it's an awesome value for the rest of us, and your style is clear and engaging. I hope you keep it up, and that you don't burn out on it or write yourself into a corner.

I now routinely check this thread for any new posts.

Thanks!

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

David1
User

on Friday, October, 26, 2007 9:32 AM
Thanks Cam_The_Man, Jademz and Aldul,

I downloaded the mod kit and sat down and started writing a plot and I guess you've seen a "first draft" as it came out.

I do appreciate the responses, and I hope you've enjoyed reading the chapters so far. I'm presently working on Chapter 3 and figured I'd sit down at the end of Chapter 3 and decide how seriously I wanted to continue. I guess writing Chapter 1 was therapy for my Tron-starved mind, and two was because I needed to continue.

I am presently writing Chapter 3 - which should have a few suprises and set the plot ball rolling. After that, things should start warming up.

There are 20 chapters planned if I continue to the end, and the plot continues to the finish. There is a mix of real-world plots and issues and a few chances planned for Jet to realise who he is and why things are the way they are, as well as having to make choices of the kind people shouldn't have to. Some real-world hacking coming too (Don't worry - that's not a spoiler) and a few twists to the story.

It's set in the modern era, yet I've drawn the entire concept from the basis of the original movie, updated and taken 2.0 into consideration and treated it all as seamless.

So essentially, I'm trying to return to the feel of the original while respecting 2.0.

The main inspirations for this story/expansion are the unsatisfactory ending for Jet/Mercuty, the lack of Flynn in the sequel, the sad happening to Lora (Should have been a bigger plot mechanism) but especially the discussion between Walter Gibbs and Ed Dillinger, which I beleive gave an insight into the real nature of the other side of the screen - in fact, that one conversation made it possible for me to build a story spanning both TRON and TRON2.0 and combining both elements while attempting to weave in a smattering of modern concepts and ideas.

And even a touch of "Religion" as Ed Dillinger pointed out in Tron.

I also drew on a lot of older ideas such as Optical Loop memory. I won't bore you with details that might show up later in the plot, but I recall discussing such concepts with Romanian engineers a long, long time ago, and I guess that all wove into the final.

Sorry about the typo's. I'm terrible at spotting my own mistakes.

I finally got the comics and now I'm sorry I did, because I can see a similarity in some of the planned plot mechanisms (only mechanisms - not the actual plot). . So I've only skimmed them and I might leave them alltogether until my plot is well underway.

But the art is nice

Aldul - you hit the nail right on the head. I'm trying for "sci-fi plausible" as you put it. So I'm glad it looks that way. And there is a working "model" I am using for each plot mechanism which fits in, in it's own way, with both the original and sequel.

I hope to have Chapter 3 finished this weekend. If I keep going after this, I'll aim at one chapter every 1 to 2 weeks.
(Some are harder and longer than others).

Oh, This is also my first fan-fic so I'm finding the creative constraints of making assumptions about someone else's universe challenging.

Thanks again for the feedback. Feel free to comment on individual chapters - even if you don't like them.

David1.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Who hacked my .sig?

Cam_the_Man
User

on Friday, October, 26, 2007 4:42 PM

W00t 4 more TRON goodness.

David1
User

Fanfic Upgrade - Patch 2.12 ... Online.

on Saturday, October, 27, 2007 10:25 AM
http://203.13.16.1/tron/Tron%202.12.htm

This third chapter brings in the plot elements needed to explain where this story is headed.

I hope you enjoy it...

David1

Who hacked my .sig?

Jademz
User

on Saturday, October, 27, 2007 12:13 PM
this looks like good stuff! The actual activity for a full size story just like this is mind boggling. In essence, that's what I like, and this could be sized to a huge scale Tron novel. Keep up the good work, I can definitely feel where this is going, but the recent elements you've thrown in seem very explosive. That's a whole book, David1.

David1
User

on Monday, October, 29, 2007 9:06 PM
Thanks Jademz, Glad you;re enjoying it.

I've reached my decision gate after Chapter 3 and so far decided I want to continue. I'm at the point that as I'm writing it in realtime, the ideas are flowing in and changing the plot slightly and filling it out.

I know that's normal when writing, but I didn't expect some of the ideas that have come up to have come up and I want to use them.

Chapters 4 and 5 are now complete, but only a very rough draft level, so I'll clean up ch4 by Friday (My time) and upload.

Chapter 6 is underway, as I realised I need to have some in the buffer as I'm starting to realise more and more that I need to make a *slight* change to something I wrote in a previous chapter. Which is going to be combersome for continuity if you've already read a chapter.

By Chapter 6, the action has moved to the digital world, so I'm about to start adding in some Programs.

I might take a ticket from Sora.exe's book here are use some local names, so if anyone would like to add their name, please send it through. I won't intentionally use any names without the user's permission.

I won't ask for all the details as Sora did, although you are welcome to add preferred details about your self (Sex, Appearance, Alliances etc.) but I may not use them as expected so if you do leave a "Program" name, please don't be offended if I use it differently to what you intended, although I will add a comment to this thread if I use it so you know it was used and is attributed.

David1.

Who hacked my .sig?

Page: of 7 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art