Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art 
 First Post - Tron 2.1 ( Continuation of Tron 2.0 )

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 7 PagesNextLast
Cam_the_Man
User

Re: First Post - Tron 2.1 ( Continuation of Tron 2.0 )

on Tuesday, October, 30, 2007 3:29 PM

This is just my opinion, but PLEASE do NOT/ use people from TRON Sector. It's what RUINS almost ALL of the Fanfics I've read. I like the more serious stories like you wrote than those written by others here. (No offence) Such as (no offence) Magic and Machinery.

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

David1
User

Tron 2.13 - Chapter 4 - The story continues.

on Wednesday, October, 31, 2007 8:56 AM
http://203.13.16.1/tron/Tron%202.13.htm

Chapter 4 of this story concludes the initial plot line and begins it's inexorable path towards the other side of the screen.

David1

ps. Again, feel free to make any comments regarding this story as it unfolds.

pps. Cam - Don't worry about "program names". They won't affect the story, and it was more like a "saves me thinking about it" idea. Not that I would have missed weaving in a good plot strategy if the opportunity presented it.

ppps. Chapters 5 and 6 are complete and in the pipeline, Chapter 7 is underway.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Who hacked my .sig?

aldul
User

Re: First Post - Tron 2.1 ( Continuation of Tron 2

on Wednesday, October, 31, 2007 5:40 PM
Just finished chap. 3 and I see you've posted #4. So far, I like it a lot. Thanks so much for continuing the story. Even if you stopped right now, I'm grateful for the stuff you've already written. Keep 'em coming!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Cam_the_Man
User

on Thursday, November, 01, 2007 4:23 PM

Thank you David1.

TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"

David1
User

Tron 2.14 uploaded.

on Saturday, November, 03, 2007 3:37 AM
http://203.13.16.1/tron/Tron%202.14.htm

By the way, you can use http://203.13.16.1/tron/ as a general directory to see the files.

That makes 5 chapters online.

At some point I may have to find a better place to put them.

David1

Who hacked my .sig?

Cam_the_Man
User

on Monday, November, 05, 2007 5:22 PM

Wait.
waitwaitwait.
I haven't played the game in a while so please correct/answer my statements/questions.
1)Wasn't Alan the Guest? He hacked the old TRON arcade game to contact Jet.
2)Who programmed Mercury I forgot.
I'll probably think of more.
In the meantime, great story, love it, just please don't quit halfway through and/or get tired of it and give it a quick crappy ending.
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

David1
User

on Monday, November, 05, 2007 5:36 PM
Cam_the_Man Wrote:
Wait.
waitwaitwait.
I haven't played the game in a while so please correct/answer my statements/questions.
1)Wasn't Alan the Guest? He hacked the old TRON arcade game to contact Jet.

Yes, Alan was Guest in 2.0, but I didn't like the idea of Jet falling in love with his father's program and since your program is supposed to look like you (That's a critical plot device in my story) I can't imagine Mercury looking like Alan... Not even in drag

So the logic was that Mercury must have been programmed initially by someone else, even if Alan used the guest account later.

BTW, in times long past, offering someone a guest account to work on a system they weren't formally entitled to access normally wasn't such an unusual situation.

WARNING: Spoiler for those who haven't read the last chapter.

SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
Oops - no spoiler tags. I'll send it direct.

2)Who programmed Mercury I forgot.

- See spoiler.

I'll probably think of more.
In the meantime, great story, love it, just please don't quit halfway through and/or get tired of it and give it a quick crappy ending.

Who hacked my .sig?

Jademz
User

on Monday, November, 05, 2007 9:08 PM
Nice work David1, I actually am impressed that you used this material, I would have used the same choice in many instances.

My hope is that the nano-digitized guard that is Tron, (now Tron, Flynn, Jet, and Mercury) would have a gov. agenda as well, not that it isn't in your story, but, even though medicine is a logical motive, it's underlying structure is based on allowances argued by trial.

Thus a real situation is is quite bleak for medicine, due to saturation of ignorance, as is politics. In essence, if the microcosm I'm addressing is on one path, the time and place will seem irrelevant.

The same things that made this irrelevant to medicine, is subject to being overturned, but in court, alone. (Oh right, most ppl don't know "the people" sue the gov. in order to make them protect "the people").

David1
User

Tron 2.15 - Continues.

on Tuesday, November, 06, 2007 8:40 AM
http://203.13.16.1/tron/Tron%202.15.htm

or

http://203.13.16.1/tron/ and then click on Tron 2.15.htm

The story continues... OK, it should be starting to get interesting now.

The first six chapters exist as the entire start of the story now and should highlight where the pre-twist plot is going (although most of it was hinted at in the first 5).

I hope you all enjoy it.

David1

Who hacked my .sig?

aldul
User

on Tuesday, November, 06, 2007 1:58 PM
Wow. Terrific. The narrative has enough details in it and I've seen the movie/played the game enough times that I can watch the story unfold in my head. It's nice to be back. If you can find it, the book from the original screenplay has interesting descriptions in it. e.g. the distant hills are described as lo-res (not much information there.)

You're doing a good job maintaining the relationships between the construction/characteristics of the system in our world and the consequences/connections to the digital world. Those constraints help keep the story from running off into the weeds, and you're doing a good job keeping it on track.

Looking forward to the next installments...

Cam_the_Man
User

on Tuesday, November, 06, 2007 5:00 PM

1) What happened to Ma3a at the end of TRON 2.0 I forgot. Last I remembered wasa that she had combined with the TRON code and had become a huge monster intent on destryoing Users.
2) Wasn't the Kernel Derezzed in 2.0 or did he have a bachup of some sort.
3) Excluding the point where she became a monster, wasn't Ma3a a floating ball that had a unrendered yellow face?
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

David1
User

Last Chapter Questions.

on Tuesday, November, 06, 2007 5:36 PM
Hi CTM,

Some answers -

1. The same thing happened to Ma3a as happened to Mercury. Thet were both on the mobile server when it crashed. Some of that I deal with in the coming chapters.
That's clearly a continuity error in the game, but because I already assumed Mercury survived, I can do the same for Ma3a.

2. Flynn defeated the Kernel. But since the defeat of the Kernel wasn't such a big deal in the immediate cutscene following, I've taken it that the Kernel was simply outmatched by Jet at the end of the fight and allowed Jet to continue and question Thorne.

After all, he is the Kernel.

The Kernel is a much under-rated character in Tron 2.0 IMHO. He's not a megalomaniac like the MCP, but he's no-one's friend either - although there are exceptions to this that are hinted at.

I like those kind of loose ends. It provides me with material to work with.

3. Yes, Ma3a was a floating ball. I'm choosing to keep the monster appearance, because it represents one of her last incarnations in the game. Although obviously, someone has corrected her screwed up code....

She still floats though.

-

Aldul,

Thanks for the encouragement. I appreciate it. It's nice to upload a chapter and see comments from the people who have read it the next day

David1

Who hacked my .sig?

Cam_the_Man
User

on Wednesday, November, 07, 2007 4:28 PM

Doesn't she scare the other Programs?
She has legs... aaaaand... she floats.

David1
User

on Saturday, November, 10, 2007 3:47 AM
http://203.13.16.1/tron/Tron%202.16.htm

The next chapter is online.

I should point out that at this point, the story takes a new turn and introduces the first new character.

There is also the element of violence. While this itself isn't abnormal for the tron universe, it is described in detail, so please keep this in mind if this bothers you before you read it. There's no blood, etc, and several key plot elements are introduced (minor spoiler) as a byproduct of this.

Anyway, I won't say anymore at this point. I'm expecting this chapter to be a little on the "controversial" side.

There's more I'd like to say, but I won't say it presently as it would give some things away.

Comments please.

David1

Who hacked my .sig?

Jademz
User

on Saturday, November, 10, 2007 1:29 PM
The detail for specific objects and characters is exellent. I think you've definately got talent!

For the story, I wish it had several instances which concur in the same theatre of the mind, my only comparison, is where the group started putting thier equipment online, and another process control was starting independently, structured to watch the activity outside of Encom 511, and report video, leading to a new adjenda for the team, thus that annoying camera in the end of the Tron 2.0 gets some screenplay.

I feel the real world is being excluded, and should be as subtle, which in Tron 2.0, was the instance with Fcon, but there are elements in it that are great to read/produce.(I'm sure compared to a screenplay, it would take no time to weave into a film just my 2 cents).

Your ability to write does make this experience well worth it IMO.

David1
User

on Saturday, November, 10, 2007 5:16 PM
Hi Jademz,

Jademz Wrote:

I feel the real world is being excluded, and should be as subtle, which in Tron 2.0, was the instance with Fcon, but there are elements in it that are great to read/produce.(I'm sure compared to a screenplay, it would take no time to weave into a film just my 2 cents).

You are correct in your interpretetation at this point, however I can let you know that this does happen and soon (although soon is a subjective term in which chapters come once a week

The real world plays a critical part throughout this story - much more so than it did in Tron or Tron 2.0.

However I've taken a stance at the moment that things happen in the digital world approximately 60 times faster than in the real world. That means there's a little more to happen in the digital world before the real world becomes relevant again.

For an insight into the next big plot factor, think back to the comments made by Flynn in 2.12 - Encom is being shut down. This is a common theme throughout the most recent chapters. Brian also mentions what's going on.

Jet's only got a limited amount of time before things go belly-up for the EN511, and no amount of "user power" is going to save it.

I've been a little tight-lipped about where the plot is going due to several factors.

The main reason is spoilers, but a second reason is that some of the plot unfolds in my head as I hit cetain roadblocks.

While the overall plot is complete through to the end of the story, I sometimes need to sit back at the end of a chapter and think "I've written myself into a corner. How do I write myself out of this".

That changes some chapters and I had to rewrite most of the one you've just read because I needed to create some scope for events in the next 4 chapters.

Anyway, writing this response gave me a good idea. I think I might open a spoilers thread later to discuss the chapters and plot mechanisms.

Or I might open it early so I don't drop any further spoilers in here.

David1

Who hacked my .sig?

David1
User

on Sunday, November, 18, 2007 8:13 AM
No, it's not an update... Something happened to that called "Crysis"...

If only Vista, Crossfire and DirectX could get their issues sorted out

Anyway, yes, the chapter is still on it's way except I need to make another pass on it after realising I was missing a key prot section that needed to be in the chapter.

And there's a HTML front-end so users and programs alike can work out my weird chapter listing format.

http://blackice.com.au/tron/

or Click Here for direct link.

I assume since no-one commented on the level of violence in the last chapter that it's not too offensive? It's not going to get any more controversial than that (I think) so that's about as bad as it will get.

Thanks again to the regular readers for their comments

David1.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Who hacked my .sig?

tron_fanfare
User

on Sunday, November, 18, 2007 5:41 PM
I think your doing fine on the violence level. Im very impressed with your writing style and cant wait for the next chapter

Keep it up

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"How are ya gonna run the universe if you can't even answer a few unsolvable problems?" - Flynn in the real world

David1
User

Tron 2.17 Update

on Tuesday, November, 20, 2007 4:57 AM
Tron 2.17 Update is online.

http://blackice.com.au/tron/

or Click Here for direct link.

I'm not entirely happy with this chapter, but if I rewrite it anymore, I'll lose track of my plot, so please forgive any glaring mistakes.

David1order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Who hacked my .sig?

Cam_the_Man
User

on Tuesday, November, 20, 2007 9:25 AM

Keep up the good work David!

FirstPrevious Page: of 7 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art 
 First Post - Tron 2.1 ( Continuation of Tron 2.0 )