mac rez handler

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
lazor3001
User

mac rez handler

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2008 4:45 PM
are there any rez handlers for mac?

I can't play user error without a rez handler can I?

Jademz
User

Re: mac rez handler

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2008 5:06 PM
The User Error Mod should work.
the hard way -if it's extracted (winrez lt)and dropped into a gameL.rez or something like that.
or extract User error w/7zip, or winrar, and put the .rez into the mods folder, example: "C:/tron/custom/mods" or whatever drive path you use.

Then you should see the link that says "custom" when the first Tron screen comes up on your desktop. Check off User Error, then the singleplayer mod should work fine. note -if you want to play multiplayer to uncheck the mod in the custom screen again, or it won't show most of the servers, if any.

lazor3001
User

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2008 5:13 PM
sorry, where would the gameL.rez be?

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2008 5:19 PM
So, any word on if the Killer App mod will be activated the same way? That'd be nice! on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2008 5:19 PM
I believe you have to extract the file in winrez, then compile it into a .rez, that's the harder way to do it, someone will answer your question who is more familiar with it, I'm sure

but just making a custom/mods/usererror.rez in your tron folder is easier.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2008 5:23 PM
I believe Tronfaq said January 18th if I'm not mistaken.

lazor3001
User

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2008 5:23 PM
alright, hold up. I know this sound dumb, but I'm not smart at all about modding and I'm trying to figure out how to get user error to work. any help at all would be appriceated, but keep in mind i am very in the dark. thanks

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2008 5:36 PM
my bad, yea my experience with Winrez LT was limited, so disreguard that, I use a modified batch file to compress the uncompressed .rez files. originally it was found in deedit.

The Mac users have to extract the files, and use this method, adding it to the above mentioned gamel.rez. I dont think custom/mods folders work for mac users.. sorry I forgot... and I'll stop, answering off the top of my head, since someone else will help you, but I can't answer with the proper sequence for your situation, and someone's probably jumping up and down with the answer.. lol

I haven't tried Rez handler 2.0, but you may look at the beta to see if it works for mac.

lazor3001
User

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2008 5:38 PM
it's cool bro

thanks

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2008 5:40 PM

lazor3001 Wrote:are there any rez handlers for mac?
Nope, there isn't one for the Mac Version of Tron 2.0. I'd like to try making a Mac version some day. But without owning a Mac myself, it will probably never happen.

Jademz Wrote:The User Error Mod should work.
No, it doesn't. At least, not fully.

Ocelot and I already tried to get it to work, a long time ago. He was never able to get it working completely. The maps would load and he could play, but the text would not appear no matter what he tried. Which made it hard to play User Error: when you can't read the text in order to find out what to do.

Then you should see the link that says "custom" when the first Tron screen comes up on your desktop. Check off User Error, then the singleplayer mod should work fine.
The Mac version doesn't work like that. It doesn't have a game launcher. There's nothing you can check or uncheck.

Lazor, visit this page for some instructions on how you can sort-of get User Error to work. If you're willing to put up with no text, that is.

http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2006/04/finally-how-to-use-custom-maps-on-mac.html
Copy your original gamep6.rez file somewhere safe, rename UserError.rez to gamep6.rez, and replace the original file with the new one.

TRON.dll Wrote:So, any word on if the Killer App mod will be activated the same way?
Not sure I understand the question. You mean can you check and uncheck it, to activate and disable it? Yeah, it will be like that. But the mod will be for the PC version only. Sorry.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

lazor3001
User

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2008 5:48 PM
sorry, I'm still a bit confused. I switched usererror.rez with gamesp6.rez and I don't know how to make it work.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2008 5:55 PM

Well, if you did it right, that's all there is to it. Just run the game, start a new Single Player mission, and the levels should all be different now.

Sorry that it's confusing, but the Mac version wasn't designed to support custom maps and mods. The community has had to work their way around it, with some "hacks" if you want to call them that.

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2008 6:07 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:
No, it doesn't. At least, not fully.

Ah, bummer. Sorry if I got your hopes up Lazor3001. Also, I believe he meant to read the faq, but if you copy gamep6.rez, to a safe folder, then merge usererror.rez onto the gamep6.rez in the tron folder, you will see the result for the mac.

And thanks for the correction Faq!order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2008 6:15 PM

Jademz Wrote:then merge usererror.rez onto the gamep6.rez in the tron folder
Not merge. Replace. Once he's already made a backup of the original gamep6.rez file, that is.

Geez, I feel like I've been talking in a chat room. Look at all these posts in the last few minutes.

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2008 6:24 PM
yeah, sorry, I haven't used a mac for this application, heh.

Someone get the mop! lol (jk)order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

lazor3001
User

on Thursday, January, 17, 2008 11:28 AM
so you're saying if I replace gamep6.rez file in the regular tron 2.0 folder with usererror.rez, then it should work? and if it does "work" how do I get to user error once I'm at the main tron 2.0 screen?

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, January, 17, 2008 2:07 PM
Jademz Wrote:
Then you should see the link that says "custom" when the first Tron screen comes up on your desktop. Check off User Error, then the singleplayer mod should work fine. note -if you want to play multiplayer to uncheck the mod in the custom screen again, or it won't show most of the servers, if any.

Just guessing, but that's probably it. on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

lazor3001
User

on Thursday, January, 17, 2008 2:35 PM
I don't think the mac version works quite the same way as the pc
version(yet another reason to buy a pc, even though I love this mac)

lazor3001
User

on Thursday, January, 17, 2008 2:35 PM
Jademz Wrote:yeah, sorry, I haven't used a mac for this application, heh.

Someone get the mop! lol (jk)

haha yeah seriously

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, January, 17, 2008 2:41 PM

lazor3001 Wrote:so you're saying if I replace gamep6.rez file in the regular tron 2.0 folder with usererror.rez, then it should work?
If you move/copy gamep6.rez somewhere else, rename the UserError.rez file to gamep6.rez, and put the new gamep6.rez in the old one's place . . . then it will work. Sort-of.

When you run Tron 2.0 and start a new Single Player game, you'll see that it worked. The only problem is (according to someone else who tried this), you won't get any text to tell you what to do. You'll have to figure out how to complete the missions without any advice.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 mac rez handler