Ricochet

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Jazz Ad
User

Ricochet

on Sunday, January, 27, 2008 7:10 PM
Anybody tried this ?

It's a Valve mod for Half-Life. I got it as a part of a pack on Steam. You can buy it standalone for $9.
It's basically a Discs of Tron game with online multiplayer mode. Unfortunately, there aren't many people on the servers.
It shows its age and looks quite ugly compared to Tron 2.0 for example. Mostly black backgrounds, 16bit textures.

The game itself is fun to play. Movements between the platforms are limited, discs respond very well. The deal is to push enemies off their platforms with your discs. There is also a combo attack that lets you chop your opponent's head.

Not the best adaptation but still a funny app.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: Ricochet

on Sunday, January, 27, 2008 9:40 PM

I gave Ricochet a whirl, a while back. The graphics aren't anything to write home about by today's standards, but the gameplay has some novel ideas.

While the Disc Arena mode in Tron 2.0 certainly looks great, I'm not a huge fan of the gameplay. I don't remember Tron bunny-hopping around like mad when he fought Sark. I wish Monolith could have found a way to make that mode more like the film.

Discs of Tron is probably the best adaptation of the film, by far.

What I like about Richochet is that jumping occurs less frequently, and there's less chance of missing a platform and falling off. Also, you start with a low-powered disc weapon but can receive temporary powerups to increase your chance of a kill shot. Like I said, some nice ideas.

Apparently, some people are updating Ricochet to use the Source engine. Interesting . . .

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Daddyo
User

on Sunday, January, 27, 2008 9:43 PM
Is this the original half-life?where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Jazz Ad
User

on Monday, January, 28, 2008 7:51 AM
Yes it's a mod for HL1.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games 
 Ricochet