TRON 2.0: KILLER APP Mod

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 10 PagesNextLast
TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, March, 16, 2008 7:36 PM

Q: What is the Killer App Mod?

A: The Killer App Mod is a modification for the PC version of the game TRON 2.0.  It adds many new features, and even fixes some problems in the game.  It was partially inspired by the Xbox version of the game, called TRON 2.0: Killer App.

New to Version 1.1a of the mod is compatibility with the Steam version of TRON 2.0, easier installation, v1.1 bug fixes, and restored Multiplayer support in-game on both the CD/DVD and Steam versions.

TRON 2.0 Killer App Mod Download

TRON 2.0 Killer App Mod Documentation

TRON 2.0 Killer App Mod Screenshots

The mod has been tested and verified to work on Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 (both 32-bit and 64-bit in all cases). It should also work on 98, Me, and 2000, but was not tested on those versions.

A list of feature highlights for the mod can be found here.

A list of improvements from v1.1 to v1.1a can be found here.

Q: Does the Mod expect higher system specifications than the original game?

A: Yes.  Here are the recommended (not required) system specs.

- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 1GHz or better
- 512MB RAM or better
- nVidia GeForce FX 5200 or ATI Radeon 9200 128MB or better
- Approximately 1.5GB of Hard Drive space when installed
- Approximately 1GB of additional temporary Hard Drive space during installation

Though you may be able to run the mod with lower system specs, the mod is not guaranteed to have smooth performance.

Q: Will there be a Mac OSX version?

A: Sorry, no.  A Mac OSX version isn't possible.  If you have an Intel Mac, you can install Boot Camp and play the Windows version of the game.

Q: How do I use the Mod?

A: The mod comes in the form of an executable installer.  It will automatically install itself to the right place in your TRON 2.0 directory, and activate itself right away.

The mod also comes with a Mod Manager application.  This program is necessary in order to enable and disable both the mod, and some of its features.  The documentation that comes with the mod will explain how the Mod Manager works.

Before you install the mod, you must install the v1.042 Patch.  This is essential.

Download the v1.042 Patch from here

Installing the mod after the Unofficial Patch is applied, allows for languages other than English to be supported.  The mod installer allows you to choose from English, Deutsch, Français, Español, and Italiano.

If you want to use Xistence's Ancient Disc Mod, you also must install it before installing the Killer App Mod.

Q: Does everyone else I play against, need the Mod too?

A: Yes, everyone must be using the mod in order to play together online.  Even the server hosting the game must have the mod enabled.

If you have the mod but someone else does not, you will not be able to play against that person until you disable the mod or they download, install, and enable the mod.

If there are no servers running the mod: you will need to contact the server operators and request that they start using the Killer App Mod, or host your own server.

Q: Is v1.1a of the Mod compatible with the older v1.1 for online Multiplayer?

A: No. Everyone (including the server hosting the match) must be using the newer v1.1a to play together. Please uninstall any older version of the Killer App Mod and update to the most recent version, in order to play online.

Q: What happens if I leave the Mod enabled all the time?

The Mod has been designed for you to "install and forget".  It enhances both Multiplayer and Single Player, so you are encouraged to leave the mod enabled at all times.

When the mod is enabled, you cannot load any older Single Player games.  They will no longer work, until you disable the mod again.  Since the mod fixes some issues in the Single Player campaign, you may want to start over again from the beginning in order to partake in the improved experience.

If you are using the Official Patch, the number of custom map packs you can use will be reduced to 4 at once while the mod is installed. The Unofficial Patch raises this number to 11. This is why I recommend the Unofficial Patch instead.pill for abortion online read order abortion pill

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: TRON 2.0: KILLER APP Mod

on Saturday, March, 22, 2008 9:03 AM
The mod has been released, the download link for it is at the very top of the previous post.

I'm opening up this thread to allow discussion and feedback about the mod. Please post in this topic if you have any questions or comments about the KILLER APP Mod.

I'll be posting a video trailer later, so you can see what it looks like before you download it. But in the meantime, you can see screenshots at the ModDB page.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/8816/killer-app/imagesorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

MutoidMan
User

on Saturday, March, 22, 2008 9:31 AM
Downloading now...order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Layer.dll
User

on Saturday, March, 22, 2008 10:42 AM
Great Job guys - Glad you all are still pumping out some TRON stuff.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Saturday, March, 22, 2008 3:42 PM
Well, now that I can talk a little more openly about the mod - first let me congratulate the fine work of the LDSO team and contributors of the mod. Awesome work!

I haven't had gotten in to all the new options of the mod yet, but what I've seen and experienced so far is a real treat! It's like an injection of new TRON greatness in to the game!

I know a lot of blood and sweat went in to this and wanted to let you know you all did fine work.

I hope everyone starts running the mod on the multiplayer game grid. I can't see why anyone would want to go back to the limited options of the original game now. I'm a light cycle junkie myself - the new cycle options are frickin' sweet!

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, March, 22, 2008 8:46 PM
I have to run TRON 2.0 at almost all lowest settings and it usually runs smoothly. However, no matter what settings I'm running on, I cannot run Vman's DMworld map.

I meet all requirements except:

RAM: I have around 300MB
Graphics Card: I've been using a 64MB nVidia card from 2001-2002

Do you think it'll work?

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Jademz
User

on Saturday, March, 22, 2008 11:27 PM
I dug 4 1998 486s with a 64bit vcards out of a dumpster - to play this game, in august 2003. It worked fine, since an 8088 wouldn't cut it.

I did however never stop upgrading from that point. I instantly had to have a great Vcard to see what this game looked like in the proper way... needless to say, I had to upgrade my internet speed, with a 240 ping a year later. go figure. I got pwned for a year and a half untill the internet here was affordable. =D but I just love the game..

Jademz
User

on Sunday, March, 23, 2008 11:54 AM
Actually, I made a mistake, the card was 16 bit lol... but you get the point, I hope. now that I remember I did go buy a cheapo vcard to play Tron 2.0.. ah nvm completely off topic.

CalvinSpiff II
User

on Sunday, March, 23, 2008 1:40 PM
Brilliant! I'll definitely get round to playing the mod sometime around the holiday, it sounds good!

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm coming for you, people! You thought you'd defeated me, but I'm still here! I will kill you all! MWAHAHAH *cough wheeze* HAHAHA *hack cough* argh.

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, March, 23, 2008 1:59 PM
Awesome job!

I love the new character skins! Unfortunately, I didn't get around to the LC grid yet. I did check out the new LC skins, tho, and they rock! Nice job on the reflections, too!

I think the fact that the game runs the same WITH the mod enabled on my machine is incredible. The new Derez weapons are great, and nice job with the LDSO logo, there! Thought it was pretty funny how you replaced the logos on the autorun with LDSO and TronFAQ's site.

Awesome job guys!

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Jazz Ad
User

on Sunday, March, 23, 2008 9:09 PM
Bummer.
It all looked so great. The install, wonderful options, interesting readme, beautiful splash screen at startup.
Then I loaded a game and blam, both LDSO and MFC crash.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, March, 23, 2008 9:24 PM

Jazz Ad Wrote:Bummer.
It all looked so great. The install, wonderful options, interesting readme, beautiful splash screen at startup.
Then I loaded a game and blam, both LDSO and MFC crash.
Sorry, but you can't load older saved games with the mod enabled. You either have to disable the mod again or start a new game.

From the very first post in this thread and the readme:When the mod is enabled, you cannot load any older Single Player games. They will no longer work, until you disable the mod again. Since the mod fixes some issues in the Single Player campaign, you may want to start over again from the beginning in order to partake in the improved experience.

Jazz Ad
User

on Sunday, March, 23, 2008 9:54 PM
I guess I'm just gonna do a fresh install.
Oh yeah I would have loved seeing new screen resolutions available, especially for wide screens. I know it's been discussed ad not easy. Maybe for a later patch.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, March, 24, 2008 2:28 AM

TRON.dll Wrote:I think the fact that the game runs the same WITH the mod enabled on my machine is incredible.
I'm surprised to hear that. Even though you mentioned that you run the game at the lowest settings, I still expected you to have some slowdown. I noticed it a little on an old PC I have, though I had all the settings cranked up full.

Thought it was pretty funny how you replaced the logos on the autorun with LDSO and TronFAQ's site.
Well, the tron20.net site is gone so that link is completely useless now. And Monolith doesn't have any special support for Tron 2.0 on their site, either. So, may as well make those links useful again.

Jazz Ad Wrote:I guess I'm just gonna do a fresh install.
Sorry, I thought you meant the game was crashing because you tried to load an old saved game. Hmm. You're the first person to report any problem like that.

Oh yeah I would have loved seeing new screen resolutions available, especially for wide screens. I know it's been discussed ad not easy. Maybe for a later patch.
Yeah, it's hard to do without the source code. Maybe we'll find a way without it, but it will be quite tough. Having the source code would make things so much easier.

Compucore
User

on Monday, March, 24, 2008 6:18 PM
If we had the source code avilable it would make things a lot eaiers to get it working properly. Even if it oculd be ported ontoother systems like Linux. ducking for cover behind a wall of some sort. Since we could debug it for windows and get other fans intoit as well. Would be always interesting to be able to fix and patch it up all the time.

TronFAQ Wrote:

TRON.dll Wrote:I think the fact that the game runs the same WITH the mod enabled on my machine is incredible.
I'm surprised to hear that. Even though you mentioned that you run the game at the lowest settings, I still expected you to have some slowdown. I noticed it a little on an old PC I have, though I had all the settings cranked up full.

Thought it was pretty funny how you replaced the logos on the autorun with LDSO and TronFAQ's site.
Well, the tron20.net site is gone so that link is completely useless now. And Monolith doesn't have any special support for Tron 2.0 on their site, either. So, may as well make those links useful again.

Jazz Ad Wrote:I guess I'm just gonna do a fresh install.
Sorry, I thought you meant the game was crashing because you tried to load an old saved game. Hmm. You're the first person to report any problem like that.

Oh yeah I would have loved seeing new screen resolutions available, especially for wide screens. I know it's been discussed ad not easy. Maybe for a later patch.
Yeah, it's hard to do without the source code. Maybe we'll find a way without it, but it will be quite tough. Having the source code would make things so much easier.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

CalvinSpiff II
User

on Thursday, March, 27, 2008 2:25 PM
Well, the whole thing is good all in all, but there's just one problem: the Custom Play Light Cycles doesn't seem to work - I'm at the game grid, but I'm stuck to walking like in the other mode and everything...it works alright in Multiplayer, but not in Singleplayer..do you know what this might be?

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm coming for you, people! You thought you'd defeated me, but I'm still here! I will kill you all! MWAHAHAH *cough wheeze* HAHAHA *hack cough* argh.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, March, 27, 2008 2:59 PM

CalvinSpiff II Wrote:the Custom Play Light Cycles doesn't seem to work - I'm at the game grid, but I'm stuck to walking like in the other mode and everything...it works alright in Multiplayer, but not in Singleplayer..do you know what this might be?
That's nothing new. It's the same way without the mod. You can't play the custom Light Cycle maps in Single Player mode, because they weren't designed for it. They have to be played in Multiplayer.

I put together a guide on how to play the custom Multiplayer Light Cycle maps by yourself, a while back.

http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2007/02/how-to-install-and-use-multiplayer-maps.html
Don't expect for there to be anything to do, though. Again, like I said, the custom Light Cycle maps weren't really designed for you to play by yourself.

I know you said you'd already played the maps in Multiplayer, but I'm writing all this for the benefit of people who aren't aware of this issue.

death-program
User

on Sunday, March, 30, 2008 4:45 PM
Gaa! You released it while I was on vacation!

I'll download it next time I'm on my PC. I'm on my laptop now.

------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 kinds of people: Those who understand trinary and those who don't. And those who confuse it with binary.

The is THE TRUTH ZOMGWTFBBQ

Tronzilla
User

on Tuesday, April, 01, 2008 10:26 AM
Can any of these mods be used for Macs? If not, is there anyway that we can make it that way?

Tron, Back to the Future, Clockstoppers, Bionicle, Wallace and Gromit,
It's All Good
O o
/¯/___________________________
| IM'MA FIRIN' MY PRANKSTAR!!!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Sunday, May, 11, 2008 6:50 PM
Admin error - DOH!

I accidentally deleted this post by TronFAQ. Here is the contents of it as it was:

4/2/2008 7:41:17 AM
TronFAQ Wrote:As I already stated in the first post of this thread:

Q: Will there be a Mac version?

A: Sorry, no. A Mac version isn't possible to do.

That is, unless someone is willing to lend me a Mac, for as long as it takes to figure out a way to make the KILLER APP Mod work on the Mac. Of which there is no guarantee.

As for User Error, there's a way you can get it to work on the Mac version of Tron 2.0. Sort of. Read this entire thread:

http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?do=top&id=358330
I'll repost this bit in the User Error thread.

And now I'm off to computer school to learn how to use a computer and not delete the wrong stuff.

Page: of 10 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0