Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Game Grid 
 you know you've watched too much tron when...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 22 PagesNextLast
LIT
User

RE: you know you've watched too much tron when...

on Saturday, May, 05, 2012 4:43 PM
When you catch a frisbee in the classic Tron pose.

(a big thx to FlynnOne for the awesome pic)

Defending The Grid Against All Viruses And Rogue Programs

Minecraft Server: mcthegrid.no-ip.org

anonymouspunk89
User

on Saturday, May, 05, 2012 5:19 PM
LIT Wrote:When you make an air lightcycle out of your air baton and everyone around you is like 0.o
Done it..... many times. On the plus side, never been beaten in an air lightcycle match/

J
User

on Saturday, May, 05, 2012 9:16 PM
Another one...

I have three Microsoft OS certifications. So, when I was updating my resume (I do this every 6 months, even if I have a good job), I listed my certifications.

I'm a Microsoft Certified Professional.

Fun with acronyms, folks.

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

Kat
User

on Saturday, May, 05, 2012 11:02 PM
When you're looking for music to use for a choreography and are surprised to find that one of the ones you listen to inexplicably has, near the beginning, the MCP saying "end of line" (in "Scottish techno," really??) and you're heartbroken that the track kinda sucks because you really wanted to use it for that reason alone...abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

PixelatedProgram
User

on Sunday, May, 06, 2012 1:38 PM
... Your digital story presentation for tech steps in English is about when you watched Tron for the first time. ( for me it was Tron legacy. I watched it before I watched the original. I haven't got a grade on it yet so wish me luck!! I worked very hard on it!! )order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

http://kingnates.tumblr.com

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, June, 01, 2012 1:58 AM
When you get hit in the head with a Frisbee and completely freak out the kid who threw it by laughing and saying: "Nice shot, program!" (The kid then noticed my "Flynn's Arcade" shirt and smiled uncertainly before running off.)where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

Traahn
User

on Friday, June, 01, 2012 2:25 AM
You pull into a parking spot at work after a nice vacation and after watching Tron: Legacy a bunch of times, and just as you are about to get out of your car, you subconsciously let out a big *sigh* and say under your breath, "Okay, back to the real world..." (Seriously happened last year, lol. I laughed after realizing what I had just said out loud to myself.)

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Kat
User

on Friday, June, 01, 2012 7:26 PM
I was on a different message board* the other day and saying something like "surely someone can write a program who could..."

I caught it before I posted and changed it to "surely someone can write a program that could..."

Wow. That's sad. It totally came out of my fingers without me even thinking about it. I'm surprised I caught it, actually...

*I know. There are other message boards??? Did I just lose some of my street cred around here? where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

LIT
User

on Wednesday, June, 13, 2012 11:57 AM
When you are helping your friend to throw a Tron Legacy Frisbee and you say "It's all in the wrist". Double !!!!

LIT
User

on Wednesday, June, 13, 2012 11:57 AM
Double post.

EXODUS
User

on Wednesday, June, 13, 2012 2:38 PM
LIT Wrote:When you are helping your friend to throw a Tron Legacy Frisbee and you say "It's all in the wrist". Double !!!!

Don't be so FOUL! where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

LIT
User

on Wednesday, June, 13, 2012 3:14 PM
EXODUS Wrote:
LIT Wrote:When you are helping your friend to throw a Tron Legacy Frisbee and you say "It's all in the wrist". Double !!!!

Don't be so FOUL!
What do you mean?

trekking95
User

on Thursday, June, 14, 2012 4:56 AM
I think he means foul as in "foul ball", like in baseball. Since the discs are a sport in Tron the term foul might be used there.

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

LIT
User

on Thursday, June, 14, 2012 9:17 AM
trekking95 Wrote:I think he means foul as in "foul ball", like in baseball. Since the discs are a sport in Tron the term foul might be used there.
OH.... ok, thank you Trekking.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

EXODUS
User

on Thursday, June, 14, 2012 11:25 AM
Actually, I meant the phrase "It's all in the wrists" makes it sound like your (ahem) enjoying yourself too much with your hands, if you know what I mean.

I've got such a dirty mind.....abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

ShadowSpark
User

on Thursday, June, 14, 2012 11:56 PM
EXODUS Wrote:Actually, I meant the phrase "It's all in the wrists" makes it sound like your (ahem) enjoying yourself too much with your hands, if you know what I mean.

I've got such a dirty mind.....

*whacks EXODUS on the back of the head w/ disk* There are children here, you bit-brain! Keep your mind posts out of the gutter! There's only room here for one of us.
----

When you actually wish you could borrow Clu1 for help locating your files after you dealt with an extremely nasty virus. 6 days of file-hunting and I'm nowhere near close to finding all of what I needed. And one I finish searching my hard drive, I have to go through all my back-up drives as well. *sigh* I really wish I could borrow Clu1. And if I could find out who wrote the virus that caused this mess, I'd go punch him on the nose. Hard. I wouldn't soil my disk by using it on such scum.

When you spend your free time figuring out how to play the Tron Legacy theme on your ocarina.

When the Tron Legacy fanfic you're writing has reached 62,506 words and is nowhere near done.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

EXODUS
User

on Friday, June, 15, 2012 10:46 AM
^^^^^^^^^ "Ooooowww! (rubs head).....sorry sir, wont happen again. I'll be on my best behaviour from now on (Scouts honour)".

Kat
User

on Friday, June, 15, 2012 9:46 PM
EXODUS Wrote:Actually, I meant the phrase "It's all in the wrists" makes it sound like your (ahem) enjoying yourself too much with your hands, if you know what I mean.

I've got such a dirty mind.....

Oh good, I don't have to be the first one to admit to thinking that.

ShadowSpark Wrote:*whacks EXODUS on the back of the head w/ disk* There are children here, you bit-brain! Keep your mind posts out of the gutter! There's only room here for one of us..
It would take tear gas and a tow truck to get my mind out of the gutter. But you knew that already. And I'll let you share.

ShadowSpark Wrote:When you spend your free time figuring out how to play the Tron Legacy theme on your ocarina.
Hrm. I'm not sure I've ever done it on whistle, but I'm certain I have on violin/viola.

For me it gets worse, though-- I not only remix some of the themes (all orchestral though; I just can't work in electronic unfortunately), but I write my own.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, June, 16, 2012 8:33 PM
EXODUS Wrote:^^^^^^^^^ "Ooooowww! (rubs head).....sorry sir, wont happen again. I'll be on my best behavior from now on (Scouts honor)".

*sigh* Female, remember? It's right there in my signature.

Kat Wrote:
ShadowSpark Wrote:*whacks EXODUS on the back of the head w/ disk* There are children here, you bit-brain! Keep your mind posts out of the gutter! There's only room here for one of us..
It would take tear gas and a tow truck to get my mind out of the gutter. But you knew that already. And I'll let you share.

Yes, but there are alpha-build Users here. If we don't keep our posts out of the gutter, the alpha-builds won't compile correctly.

Kat Wrote:
ShadowSpark Wrote:When you spend your free time figuring out how to play the Tron Legacy theme on your ocarina.
Hrm. I'm not sure I've ever done it on whistle, but I'm certain I have on violin/viola.

For me it gets worse, though-- I not only remix some of the themes (all orchestral though; I just can't work in electronic unfortunately), but I write my own.

You write your own? As in new harmonics and such?

Tron Lives!

Kat
User

on Sunday, June, 17, 2012 5:33 PM
LIT Wrote:When you make an air lightcycle out of your air baton and everyone around you is like 0.o
But if they know what you're doing, then that means they're geeks too, right?

ShadowSpark Wrote:[
Yes, but there are alpha-build Users here. If we don't keep our posts out of the gutter, the alpha-builds won't compile correctly.

Other peoples' alpha-builds aren't my user's responsibility. If they're unable to compile on their own, they shouldn't be in the Grid unsupervised by their user...

And if they're old enough to understand the innuendo, then they're old enough to see it.

ShadowSpark Wrote:
You write your own? As in new harmonics and such?

Yeah, you knew that already. It's just very slow-going, in part because I have way too much on my musical plate, and in part because I have pretty much no patience for messing around with orchestration (It's probably why I write largely for choir or, at most, string orchestra).

Mostly I've just got bits and pieces. I have parts of a "Rinzler" theme (all original except a short sample of the melody of the T:L theme at the end for a tie-in, with original accompanying harmonies), an idea for a re-work of the Son of Flynn theme (as a sort of elegy; based on my Elise story & you know what happens to Sam at the end of that) though I haven't really started it, did some messing around with a vocal version of Solar Sailor.

Also based on my Elise story I started work on an "Elise Theme" incorporating the T:L theme (working in vocals and bagpipes) but that hasn't gotten very far either, in part because of the pipes-- the playback bagpipes on my MuseScore suck royally; and pipes are very difficult to write for because of pitch issues (they don't generally play at A-440 except with special "concert pitch" chanters) and a relatively small range, and quite frankly I haven't decided if I should write it orchestrally or actually authentic to music I would write that pipes could play.

(Actually, having just gone and messed around with it... silly of me never to have tried the theme on whistle before. Not for Elise's sake, but the Flynns must be Irish, after all... and it's lovely, esp. with some ornamentation added to give it that Celtic feel.)

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

FirstPrevious Page: of 22 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Game Grid 
 you know you've watched too much tron when...