New Lightcycle images

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
ed keefe
User

New Lightcycle images

on Friday, August, 15, 2008 3:46 AM
Greetings all

I know I haven't posted for a while but I just watched the TR2N trailer and WOW, it blew me away. I had to get straight to work on a model of the new Lightcycle. So here are my first attempts. I will keep improving as and when I am able to figure out more detail.

I also have a new website with both TRON comics and some of my fan art on so please take a look.

Hope you like

http://web.me.com/edmundkeefe/edmundkeefe/TRON/TRON.html
ed

Hikaru.EXE
User

Re: New Lightcycle images

on Friday, August, 15, 2008 5:00 AM
HOLY CRAP! That's amazing! I'm very surprised that it was possible for someone to make such a great model out of a bootleg trailer! Simply amazing. What did you use to render it?

ed keefe
User

on Friday, August, 15, 2008 6:37 AM
Hikaru.EXE:

thankyou for the good feedback, I use 3D Studio Max. I will be posting more images and the 3D model soon. I will try to get a blender version out too.

edon line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

ShadowDragon1
User

on Friday, August, 15, 2008 6:39 AM
Not bad, the proportions are off a bit I think. There's a little too much glow on it, and the glowing "engine core" isn't translucent.

Here's a screen cap from the bootleg..

As you can see the body of the cycle is not as elongated, and the front wheel is not quite that large. It could be the angle of your still shots of your render maybe?

Sorry for nitpicking, overall it's pretty damn good, and way *way* better than I could do.
I'm frak-tarded when it comes to 3-D rendering...I'm still learning and trying to improve..LOL *sigh*

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

ed keefe
User

on Friday, August, 15, 2008 8:24 AM
ShadowDragon1

Thanks for the feedback, you are right on all your points, and thankyou for the screengrab, that will help a great deal. I am still playing arond with the model so any imput is welcome. I tweaked my model of the TRON lightcycle for years

edwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

ed keefe
User

on Friday, August, 15, 2008 9:15 AM
ShadowDragon1:

based on your screengrab, I've just updated the cycle model. I still have to sort out the stripe on the rider, but I think the proportions are almost there

ed

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Friday, August, 15, 2008 9:41 AM

Very nice renderings! I like it!

laphtiya
User

on Friday, August, 15, 2008 10:19 AM
Very nice, I like it. Nice work imagine what you could do with an actual clear screen shot? Would be nice to see this rendered in Tron 2.0

Cam_the_Man
User

on Friday, August, 15, 2008 11:20 AM

10 Buildpoints for you!

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Friday, August, 15, 2008 4:08 PM
Cool!

Nice work, ed keefe!

I'm looking forward to your more polished version(s).

It's too bad there's only a blurry, limited detail image to use as reference. You're doing pretty damn good with it though.

Prankster bit
User

on Friday, August, 15, 2008 4:10 PM
wow, that's very impressive.

i'm a little confused about the "mechanics" of this new lightcycle.

to me, it looks like the rider is fused into the bike, or as if the bike is part of the rider.

it this is the case, it's a damn cool addition, and makes a lot of sense to me.

words of wisdom from...

PranKsTeR BiT V2.0

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, August, 15, 2008 4:17 PM
Nice.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Friday, August, 15, 2008 4:18 PM
Prankster bit Wrote:wow, that's very impressive.

i'm a little confused about the "mechanics" of this new lightcycle.

to me, it looks like the rider is fused into the bike, or as if the bike is part of the rider.

it this is the case, it's a damn cool addition, and makes a lot of sense to me.

Yes, it looks like the rider is somehow attached or fused with the bike. I think it's based on the original light cycle concepts by Syd Mead. Check your TRON 20th anniversary DVD when you have the time. They show the early light cycle concept imagery on the special features DVD. They talk about it too, and why they chose a different LC design.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

ShadowDragon1
User

on Saturday, August, 16, 2008 1:50 AM
" Originally we envisioned the riders wearing costumes that had segments, much like a lobster lets say, and when they would crouch over in the seat and match up to the windshield part, their bodies would then become part of the bike....
..... that's why the lightcycles form, and in a flash they go over the rider's head and it all becomes an enclosed shape. "

Some things I spotted while freeze-framing and taking snapshots of the new Light Cycles...

A slightly more defined look at the structure of the bike.

Here's some of Syd Mead's concept designs for the Light Cycle, some elements of these seem to be incorperated into the TR2N new Light Cycles...

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Hikaru.EXE
User

on Saturday, August, 16, 2008 4:04 AM
I just noticed there that the yellow program has segments like a porcupine while the blue program has none.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Hikaru.EXE
User

on Saturday, August, 16, 2008 4:10 AM
Also that lightcycle shapes anatomy video was cool. That's interesting how you managed to figure that out too. Definite props Ed abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

ed keefe
User

on Saturday, August, 16, 2008 5:13 AM
excellent screen grabs. They give me a lot more information to work with. I also noticed the cycle has some sort of air-brake that pops out of the upper rear wheel and a foot rest attached somehow to the rear wheel and maybe a screen with a map on it on the 'dashboard'. I really like the way that the Syd Mead original ideas for the new cycle have been kept. I read some time ago that the original cycle was just too much for the computers back then to render. I think also that the rider does become part of the cycle and vice versa, as this was also a suggestion by Syd Mead for the original. Notice also that the stripe around the centre of the front wheel is also retained. What more can I say, it's a very cool cycle.

ed

ed keefe
User

on Saturday, August, 16, 2008 8:43 AM
I've updated the images, incorporating some more of the detail obtained from the screen grabs. I still have to sort out the riders suit and glowing stripe, but the bike is getting closer to the one from the preview. I might also have the rear wheel a bit wide, but it's hard to tell!

http://web.me.com/edmundkeefe/edmundkeefe/TRON/Pages/TR2N.html

ed

wwwmwww
User

on Saturday, August, 16, 2008 11:16 AM
NICE!!!! Keep up the great work Ed.

A quick request... I just caught this thread today and I see you've already edited things since you posted yesterday. Could you keep up the earlier pics too? I would really enjoy seeing how this design evolves and not just the final product. I enjoy the process of getting there just as much.

Thanks,
Carl

ed keefe
User

on Saturday, August, 16, 2008 3:30 PM
Carl it is done

I am going to spend a bit of time trying to reproduce the cycle trail. It looks like it flows like water so I'm going to play around with 3D studio max's particle systems and see if I can get close.

ed

Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 New Lightcycle images