TRON: LEGACY 
 Daft Punk To Score TR2N

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
Avi
User

Daft Punk To Score TR2N

on Thursday, March, 05, 2009 4:16 PM
Nevermind...read it in the TR2N News...but I was so excited about it that I figured it was worthy of it's own thread.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/daft-punk-score-tr2n-soundtrack-1003947855.story

xalener
User

Re: Daft Punk To Score TR2N

on Thursday, March, 05, 2009 5:57 PM
Oh this movie is f*cked...

You know what? It's not actually that bad now that I visualize it...

I CAN'T MAKE UP MY DAMN MIND!!!

Alan: I was paged last night. Came from your dad's arcade
sam: So?
Alan: the number's been disconnected for 20 years!
Sam: THEN WHO WAS PAGER

Jademz
User

on Thursday, March, 05, 2009 6:54 PM
Hey Avi, long time no see!

I'm stoked. I really like Daft Punk - The whole experience is quite an amazing thing(live). although I've never seen them live, I like the music and videos. Daft Punk
Although the repetitious nature of that type of music does get annoying, The extraordinary visionary adventure of Daft Punk is their trademark. Huge hi-tech shows are amazing!!! If I had never seen them or Pink Floyd on DVD I would be missing out.

In simpler words, borrowing a term I heard David1 use:
They and artists in that genere have serialized thier music.

While it varies, volumizes and blends, it still sounds the same after you've heard it, it's serialized. But alot of music is.. You really have to have a passion for art to get past that, and I can say I have a pov that tolerates it, because they are very theatrical, which is atleast as good as the musical talent. The feeling of the mechanical drive through a dance floor is the feeling, if you don't get that, or see yourself drive a crowd nuts inside that helmet, you're missing out on the memory.

Edit: Plus, this is international news, this is great news! order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Cyberwolven
User

on Thursday, March, 05, 2009 10:44 PM
Let's not be too negative. This isn't particularly directed at anyone,lol. We have yet to see the real trailer. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

isMetaClass
User

on Thursday, March, 05, 2009 10:55 PM
Deadly Disks Wrote:Why did I just KNOW that they were going to contract a techno group to do the score?

So much for innovative. They're going to go with the obvious when it comes to the music, which means we may just see the obvious in the story...plot...characters...and so on...

as much as i hate to say it, i agree

i guess we can look forward to DancePop™ w/ Guest Vocalist

i was hoping they'd pick, ya know, a composer

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Legion Of The Disney-raised, proud member

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, March, 05, 2009 11:24 PM
isMetaClass Wrote:
Deadly Disks Wrote:Why did I just KNOW that they were going to contract a techno group to do the score?

So much for innovative. They're going to go with the obvious when it comes to the music, which means we may just see the obvious in the story...plot...characters...and so on...

Can't be THAT bad.. Queen did the soundtrack for Flash Gordon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2QJj3Nbyb0

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

isMetaClass
User

on Friday, March, 06, 2009 10:00 AM
are you comparing Daft Punk and Queen?
whippersnappers!

Legion Of The Disney-raised, proud member

Nikster
User

on Friday, March, 06, 2009 12:30 PM
isMetaClass Wrote:

Considering it's a Disney movie, we should probably just be glad they didn't decide to have the Jonas Brothers do the soundtrack or something. Daft Punk is really not that bad of a choice, IMO.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Cyberwolven
User

on Friday, March, 06, 2009 6:27 PM
Nikster Wrote:
Considering it's a Disney movie, we should probably just be glad they didn't decide to have the Jonas Brothers do the soundtrack or something. Daft Punk is really not that bad of a choice, IMO.

That's so true. I think you deserve some sort of cookie or slice of chocolate cake.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, March, 06, 2009 7:58 PM
isMetaClass Wrote:are you comparing Daft Punk and Queen?
whippersnappers!

No, you said that you wish they chose "an ACTUAL composer" as opposed to a band, and Queen's another band that did the soundtrack for a movie.

PSN - TRON-dll

Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

on Friday, March, 06, 2009 8:46 PM
After doing some research for Tron Wiki, Thomas Bangalter (one-half of Daft Punk) composed a soundtrack for some controversial movie back in 2002 called Irréversible. I found some of the songs from the movie on Imeem:

Thomas Bangalter - Outrun
Thomas Bangalter - Extra Dry
Thomas Bangalter - Paris by Night
Thomas Bangalter - Stress
The first song is probably the best one out the whole set that I could find. I wouldn't mind listening to that during a lightcycle race. However the rest pretty much sucks. But...but...this is music from 2002, technology's changed and this was written for some low-budget indie movie. And from watching Joseph Kosinski's awesome commercials I think he has a a great choice of music so if he doesn't think that the music is good enough he can tell Daft Punk to rewrite the music.

Almost all of the tracks utilize the Roland TR-808/TR-909 drum machine. Now, I know this drum machine pretty much helped create techno and mainstream electronic dance music and therefore will always be revered in the history of electronic music, but as an electronic musician, I'm getting bored with it. The TR-909 came out in 1984...this is 2009, I think it's time to move on.

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

"what the hell is a limux.."

- Gattorcar (a user on YouTube) April 17, 2007

test

Alan1
User

on Friday, March, 06, 2009 9:13 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:
isMetaClass Wrote:are you comparing Daft Punk and Queen?
whippersnappers!

No, you said that you wish they chose "an ACTUAL composer" as opposed to a band, and Queen's another band that did the soundtrack for a movie.

Yes, and TOTO did the score for DUNE, and Tangerine Dream did the score for Legend, and....Oh the humanity!!!

"This isn't happening, it only thinks it's happening"-Kevin Flynn
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LightEars/935720649794384

TechFalcon
User

on Friday, March, 06, 2009 11:29 PM
For all those who think that it's all fast drums and stereotypical house music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcs4qE6JFc

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, March, 07, 2009 1:03 AM
TechFalcon Wrote:For all those who think that it's all fast drums and stereotypical house music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcs4qE6JFc

Didn't really sound techno-ey enough, but I think I understand what this group is capable of now, and I'm looking forwards to seeing hearing what they come up with for the film.

Now I'm just hoping that it somewhat resembles the original film, sort of like how TRON 2.0's soundtrack was.

Nickster Wrote:Considering it's a Disney movie, we should probably just be glad they didn't decide to have the Jonas Brothers do the soundtrack or something. Daft Punk is really not that bad of a choice, IMO.

I don't think Disney is that daft (LOL SEE WUT I DID THER) to let them do an entire movie soundtrack. They at least know a little about proper theming.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/attractions/monsters-inc-laugh-floor/
Wait, they replaced a futuristic-themed attraction with THAT?

Nevermind, then...

PSN - TRON-dll

Jademz
User

on Saturday, March, 07, 2009 1:07 AM
Cool video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkp9bDGDd1w&feature=relatedorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Cyberwolven
User

on Saturday, March, 07, 2009 1:44 AM
Jademz Wrote:Cool video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkp9bDGDd1w&feature=related

Neato. Look at all that music tech, that DS, and Data gloves. You can't go wrong with data gloves, lol.

I finally found some of their recent music and listened to "Human After All". Very fun and groovy.

Avi
User

on Saturday, March, 07, 2009 2:57 PM
As a jazz composer, veteran electronic musician, punk rock bassist, eclectic electric guitarist, saxophone player, and on and on and on ad nauseum...I'd like to officially give my two thumbs up on Daft Punk landing the gig. I know a thing or two (possibly three, and maybe four) about hearing what people are capable of doing...not judging by what they have done in the past for their own projects...to understand how they might have been considered for the role. I, personally, would have liked to have seen Tom Jenkinson (aka Squarepusher) get the gig, but the world isn't ready for that yet. Daft Punk, I am sure, will do a fine job scoring the film.

Rock, Robot Rock.

Dakota Bob
User

on Saturday, March, 07, 2009 3:38 PM
YES! apart from Wendy Carlos, I can't think of anybody better to compose this film!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Jademz
User

on Saturday, March, 07, 2009 3:39 PM
Avi Wrote:As a jazz composer, veteran electronic musician, punk rock bassist, eclectic electric guitarist, saxophone player, and on and on and on ad nauseum...I'd like to officially give my two thumbs up on Daft Punk landing the gig. I know a thing or two (possibly three, and maybe four) about hearing what people are capable of doing...not judging by what they have done in the past for their own projects...to understand how they might have been considered for the role. I, personally, would have liked to have seen Tom Jenkinson (aka Squarepusher) get the gig, but the world isn't ready for that yet. Daft Punk, I am sure, will do a fine job scoring the film.

Rock, Robot Rock.

That's pretty cool Avi, I hope they understand the theatre of Tron's environment.. but I always say how could they screw up Tron? It's not going to happen.

I really like your music as well. I'm very impressed with your range in music.

I haven't forgotten about tha vid. btw.

I found a link to some discography of Daft Punk: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:r3ge4j876wae
interview from 2007
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/feature/46039-interview-daft-punk

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, March, 08, 2009 1:08 AM

Since the announcement of Daft Punk is obviously a controversial development, it's probably best that the news has its own separate thread (this time). It's better to have any discussion and debate here, rather than making up the bulk of the latest posts in the main TR2N News thread.

Mr. Sinistar Wrote:The first song is probably the best one out the whole set that I could find.
Really? I thought that "Stress" was probably the best. Or, at least, the most TRON-ish.

However the rest pretty much sucks.
In terms of being TRON-like, yeah. They all suck. But on their own, they're okay. Not great, but okay.

Unlike most of the comments I've seen on the internet, I'm still not thrilled by the news. Even after listening to more of Daft Punk's work.

Don't get me wrong. I LIKE Daft Punk. I've enjoyed their compositions. But I think Kosinski and company could have found a better fit for the sequel.

Regardless, it doesn't matter what I or anyone thinks. The decision has been made. They've set up a studio in LA, and they're beginning work on the soundtrack already. Nothing anyone says or does is going to change anything, at this point.

I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope that they can pull off the kind of ambient themes that a TRON film should have. Like I said before, if they stretch their wings a bit and break out of their dance/house music mold . . . then what they do could be really, really good. I hope.

I just wish I knew whether or not they composed that theme used in last year's Comicon trailer. If that was them, it would put my mind at ease. Like TechFalcon said, it probably wasn't them. I bet Kosinski just got somebody to do it on short notice. But maybe he asked Daft Punk to do it as a favor back then?

It would also be nice if perhaps Daft Punk wasn't doing ALL the music. That way, we'd get more variety. But the reports stated that Daft Punk was "composing the soundtrack". As in, all of it.

You know who I personally think would have been a great choice to work on the sequel's soundtrack? (Other than Wendy Carlos, of course! Or even Kraftwerk?)

tomandandy.

Never heard of them? Well, they've done some kickass movie soundtracks. My favorite was the one they did for the film Mr. Stitch.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Daft Punk To Score TR2N