TRON: LEGACY 
 Daft Punk To Score TR2N

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
Prankster bit
User

Re: Daft Punk To Score TR2N

on Sunday, March, 08, 2009 10:34 AM

it seems i'm one of the small group that thinks this is a pretty decent idea. i've been a fan of theirs for about 7 years now, and i think it's quite a good choice.

there seem to be some people who immediately assume Daft Punk's music is all thumpy & dancey. while i'm not going to deny that the majority of their work does fit into this mould, i think, with examples of "nightvision","veridis quo" and to a lesser extent "Something about us", that Daft punk have proved themselves to be able to create material that breaks free of their stereotype.

their music does remind me a little bit of the TRON OST, and i think Daft Punk have the ability to bring the type of music we saw in the first film into the 21st century, if they choose to take that option.

this news has made me look forward to the new movie more than ever, and i think updated music from Daft Punk will add to the updated World & atmosphere that we're going to experience from the film.

words of wisdom from...

PranKsTeR BiT V2.0

Alan1
User

on Sunday, March, 08, 2009 9:33 PM
I'm just looking forward to "2090's Theme" by Journey

"This isn't happening, it only thinks it's happening"-Kevin Flynn
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LightEars/935720649794384

Avi
User

on Sunday, March, 08, 2009 10:41 PM
Prankster bit Wrote:
it seems i'm one of the small group that thinks this is a pretty decent idea. i've been a fan of theirs for about 7 years now, and i think it's quite a good choice.

there seem to be some people who immediately assume Daft Punk's music is all thumpy & dancey. while i'm not going to deny that the majority of their work does fit into this mould, i think, with examples of "nightvision","veridis quo" and to a lesser extent "Something about us", that Daft punk have proved themselves to be able to create material that breaks free of their stereotype.

their music does remind me a little bit of the TRON OST, and i think Daft Punk have the ability to bring the type of music we saw in the first film into the 21st century, if they choose to take that option.

this news has made me look forward to the new movie more than ever, and i think updated music from Daft Punk will add to the updated World & atmosphere that we're going to experience from the film.

Those are my thoughts exactly. I've been listening to them ever since their Discovery album came out. I get the feeling that a lot of people (but not everyone) here just want to chime in without really knowing that much about the band, which is fine...that's what forums were created for. Those people will be able to come back here after the movie's release date and edit their posts so that it looks like they were on the bandwagon with us the whole time.

But we'll know, won't we Prankster Bit?...heh heh heh...

P.S.
Does everyone think that if Daft Punk just threw together some club thumpin', four on the floor, TR808 abusing dance track, Disney would just paste the thing all over their movie? Do you think Disney is still a little wet behind the ears when it comes to adding a score to a film? Go check their batting average out for movie soundtracks on the Billboard charts...not too shabby, I'd say.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, March, 08, 2009 11:11 PM
Alan1 Wrote:I'm just looking forward to "2090's Theme" by Journey

It was actually "1990's Theme", unless you're mentioning some newer song I've never heard of.. lol

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

achilles
User

on Monday, March, 09, 2009 9:07 AM
never thought i would post this just out of embarrassment but what the hell - this was a project i did in school a few years back - had to make a level for a game and i wanted to do something tron themed.

tron - school projekt (just need a flash-enabled browser to play - use your arrow keys)

i had just gotten a rip of a john digweed - transitions mix and that track was just awesome - remix of john holden "i have put out the light" - always made me think of what it might be like to go light-boarding...

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TechFalcon
User

on Monday, March, 09, 2009 8:18 PM
Psht, who says Daft Punk won't work as a soundtrack to a Disney film. This sells it pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaDAiv0cYU4

(P.S.: I actually do think they're going to do a really good job and am a big fan of Bangalter and Homem-Christo, but this was just too goofy to pass up on, haha)

Jademz
User

on Monday, March, 09, 2009 9:22 PM
TechFalcon Wrote:Psht, who says Daft Punk won't work as a soundtrack to a Disney film. This sells it pretty well.

(P.S.: I actually do think they're going to do a really good job and am a big fan of Bangalter and Homem-Christo, but this was just too goofy to pass up on, haha)

Instant classic! hahahaa

Jademz
User

on Monday, March, 09, 2009 9:47 PM
achilles Wrote:never thought i would post this just out of embarrassment but what the hell - this was a project i did in school a few years back - had to make a level for a game and i wanted to do something tron themed.

tron - school projekt (just need a flash-enabled browser to play - use your arrow keys)

i had just gotten a rip of a john digweed - transitions mix and that track was just awesome - remix of john holden "i have put out the light" - always made me think of what it might be like to go light-boarding...

That's cool! It took me a few minutes to figure out how to beat the puzzle, very cool Tron themed mini-game Achilles.

I kept clicking on the tank to pause it hah..

Alan1
User

on Monday, March, 09, 2009 9:50 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:

It was actually "1990's Theme", unless you're mentioning some newer song I've never heard of.. lol

Just planning ahead!!

"This isn't happening, it only thinks it's happening"-Kevin Flynn
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LightEars/935720649794384

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, March, 09, 2009 9:50 PM
TechFalcon Wrote:Psht, who says Daft Punk won't work as a soundtrack to a Disney film. This sells it pretty well.

Makes me think of this:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/6/935396_79596_front.jpgorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

PSN - TRON-dll

achilles
User

on Tuesday, March, 10, 2009 4:15 PM
Jademz Wrote:
I kept clicking on the tank to pause it hah..

waat!! howz you hacxzored my game gridz!!?!! lol

Jademz Wrote:
very cool Tron themed mini-game Achilles.

thanks - total cheese...i was so noob. but since i dug it up i have been leaving it on my desktop just to jam the song

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, March, 10, 2009 4:59 PM
Alan1 Wrote:
TRON.dll Wrote:

Just planning ahead!!

Ah, I see what you did there. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

PSN - TRON-dll

achilles
User

on Thursday, March, 26, 2009 1:26 PM
hahah check it out!!!!!!!!!

http://www.najle.com/idaft

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Jademz
User

on Thursday, March, 26, 2009 6:49 PM
hahaha man that's fun!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

achilles
User

on Friday, March, 27, 2009 4:50 PM
awesome - paris hilton and her boyfriend fight for daft punk

epic lulz

Cyberwolven
User

on Friday, March, 27, 2009 5:55 PM
Music Kombat

Paris Hiltan Vs. Daft Punk

FIGHT!

Paris hiltan uses T.V. Ad commercial.

Hero Robot 2 is badly wounded.
Hero Robot 1 uses Twin neck guitar.
Hero Robot 1's move missed.

Hero Robot 2 used Light Bright pwnage.
Light Bright pwnage failed.

Paris Hiltan uses Call for BF.
BF appears.

BF uses Falcon Pawnch.
Super Effective!

Hero Robot 2 Fainted!

Hero Robot 1 uses Aerodynamic.

BF ran away!
Paris Hiltan used Lolz.
Paris Hiltan is fully recovered
Paris Hiltan uses Modeling AD.
Hero Robot 1 is paralyzed.

Hero Robot 1 is unable to move...

Hero Robot 1 uses seft destruct sequence.

Fatalitiewhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

achilles
User

on Monday, March, 30, 2009 1:57 PM

compscareme
User

on Tuesday, June, 16, 2009 3:58 PM
I'm really bummed that most of ya'll are not excited about Daft Punk doing the score. When I learned they were I freakin almost woke up my neighbors. (It was around 12am)

Another electronic artist that would have been a good choice is Danger. His stuff can be repetetive (ex: 7h46) but not not always. (88:88)

I thought I would be really funny if Daft Punk got a cameo shot in the movie, b/c of their robot costumes. Those would be sweet to see in the Tron Universe!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

All that is visible must grow beyond itself, and extend into the realm of the invisible.
(Dumont)

Jademz
User

on Tuesday, June, 16, 2009 4:13 PM
Take a vote, I think you'll find alot more people for, than against.

Most people just want to see some TRON news!!

Nobody here knows if the film will be good, just what Olivia makes public.

I know better, since nobody could or would screw Tron up after such a long time waiting to see more silver screen action.

xalener
User

on Wednesday, June, 17, 2009 2:16 PM
Jademz Wrote:Take a vote, I think you'll find alot more people for, than against.

Most people just want to see some TRON news!!

Nobody here knows if the film will be good, just what Olivia makes public.

I know better, since nobody could or would screw Tron up after such a long time waiting to see more silver screen action.

It willbe ok with them... I just don't want them doing it alone. THe whole thing that made the first score so badass is that it har orchestra as well as synth. Now that DP (lol) is doing it, I can't see the epic orchestra parts coming back.

Alan: I was paged last night. Came from your dad's arcade
sam: So?
Alan: the number's been disconnected for 20 years!
Sam: THEN WHO WAS PAGER

FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Daft Punk To Score TR2N