TRON: LEGACY 
 Daft Punk To Score TR2N

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
isMetaClass
User

Re: Daft Punk To Score TR2N

on Wednesday, June, 17, 2009 4:33 PM
xalener Wrote:It willbe ok with them... I just don't want them doing it alone. THe whole thing that made the first score so badass is that it har orchestra as well as synth. Now that DP (lol) is doing it, I can't see the epic orchestra parts coming back.

and it will only be in 4/4 time
and it will have sidechain compression pumping
and it will have vocoding/over autotuning and "guest vocalists"

i know these things aren't problems for everyone but it's why i was a little disappointed.

it will be ok

Legion Of The Disney-raised, proud member

xalener
User

on Tuesday, June, 23, 2009 12:05 AM
If radiohead did it, it'd get the mix it deserves. :P

Alan: I was paged last night. Came from your dad's arcade
sam: So?
Alan: the number's been disconnected for 20 years!
Sam: THEN WHO WAS PAGER

Cyberwolven
User

on Tuesday, June, 23, 2009 1:49 AM
xalener Wrote:
Jademz Wrote:Take a vote, I think you'll find alot more people for, than against.

Most people just want to see some TRON news!!

Nobody here knows if the film will be good, just what Olivia makes public.

I know better, since nobody could or would screw Tron up after such a long time waiting to see more silver screen action.

It willbe ok with them... I just don't want them doing it alone. THe whole thing that made the first score so badass is that it har orchestra as well as synth. Now that DP (lol) is doing it, I can't see the epic orchestra parts coming back.

hmmmm. :^]
Don't worry, I know for a fact that they can't do the music direction by themselves, it just doesn't work that way with movies. There's always a different group for each area in sound direction and there's always at least one or two head honchos overseeing the sound direction and music. When the music department makes anything, they have to get approval(or dis-approval) and guidance from their project leaders(If the group is large and has one. It really depends on the size of the department. Most larger companies do have them though.), then the project manager goes to the head honchos and gets direct input of what they want and their approvals(disapprovals).where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

Jademz
User

on Tuesday, June, 23, 2009 5:19 AM
I think some people assume two guys make all that noise.

For example: Discovery

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_(Daft_Punk_album)]From wikipedia:"* Daft Punk – sequencers, samples, synthesizers, vocals, vocoders, drum machines, programming, production, concept, art direction
* Romanthony – lyrics, vocals on "One More Time" and lyrics, vocals, co-production on "Too Long"
* DJ Sneak – lyrics on "Digital Love"
* Todd Edwards – lyrics, vocals, co-production on "Face to Face"
* Nilesh Patel – mastering
* Alex & Martin – concept, art direction
* Cedric Hervet – concept, art direction
* Gildas Loaëc – concept, art direction
* Simon Scott – concept, art direction
* Daniel Vangarde – concept, art direction
* Pedro Winter – concept, art direction
* Mitchell Feinberg – liquid metal photos
* Luis Sanchis – piano photo
* Tony Gardner & Alterian – bionics engineering
* Tamiyuki "Spike" Sugiyama – Tokyo connector"

I think they'll be fine. if they used Wendy it would be interesting.. ..why not? I'm sure there's alot of knowledge and talent they could use with the additional crew member. But it will be really cool anyway. 8)

compscareme
User

on Tuesday, June, 23, 2009 10:47 PM
Kavinsky!
http://www.myspace.com/kavinsky

His stuff sounds very 80s, to bad TR2N isnt taking place then. haha

All that is visible must grow beyond itself, and extend into the realm of the invisible.
(Dumont)

Avi
User

on Friday, July, 24, 2009 8:33 AM
Daft Punk to tour for Tron Legacy soundtrack:

http://www.thedailyswarm.com/headlines/daft-punk-tour-support-itron-legacyi-soundtrack/

If you dig the music, this might be a show worth catching.

The PimpDragon
User

on Friday, July, 24, 2009 6:03 PM
While I'm disappointed in the lack of Wendy Carlos, I do think Daft Punk is an...interesting choice for the score and I'm willing to give it a shot.

They create electric music, which could very well serve the setting/mood/look of this film. My main hope is that they will incorporate Carlos' iconic themes for the film within their work.

I can't see them just ignoring it since Carlos' music is an important part of the feel of the original.

It's so weird now to refer to Tron as "the first one" or "the original!" Weird...but exciting!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Logansneo
User

on Friday, July, 24, 2009 10:25 PM
If you're interested in getting an actual sample of just what Daft Punk has up their sleeves for Tron Legacy, listen to the background music on this Light Cycle Reveal clip from the Flynn arcade at Comic Con! It has been confirmed that the same music was heard during the panel discussion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrew4XtbjrU

Cyberwolven
User

on Saturday, July, 25, 2009 1:10 AM
I've never listened to raidohead before, but I heard they're quite popular.

What I've heard from that Flynn's Arcade video has impressed me, because of what I remember in Daft Punk's early works.

I rarely listen to radio anymore and I've never bought a music cd in my life(no joke. I never had to the time for it.), so it's really hard for me to keep up with mainstream and know what's going on these days.

Although, I have discovered live internet streams and radio, so I'm starting to learn. I mostly listen to independent commercial free stuff. There's a lot undiscovered talent/non mainstream stuff out there. I found this group called Soundhacker and they're pretty good at what they do. I'm not sure if it is "Tronish" enough to work with the movie though.

Logansneo
User

on Saturday, July, 25, 2009 1:40 PM
"Hmmm....interesting..."where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Hale-XF11
User

on Saturday, July, 25, 2009 5:34 PM
I was hoping for Wendy Carlos, but I'd definitely settle for Daft Punk remixing the original theme. Hope it turns out as memorable as the original soundtrack.

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

Daddyo
User

on Saturday, July, 25, 2009 11:15 PM
Jademz Wrote:Although the repetitious nature of that type of music does get annoying,

I did some listening to this band, they've got a nice sound on a number of their tunes. But it's not quite got the uniqueness, variety, and originality of the original soundtrack. Hopefully this'll push them hard to generate something beyond what they've accomplished already, maybe put them at their peak.

SweatyPyro
User

on Sunday, July, 26, 2009 8:27 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:
Can't be THAT bad.. Queen did the soundtrack for Flash Gordon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2QJj3Nbyb0

Mind you, Queen also did music for Highlander.

*ahem*
Oh right. Daft Punk and Tron Legacy.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

\o/

FusionAddict
User

on Monday, July, 27, 2009 2:22 AM
bigbangbilly.exe Wrote:What happened to Wendy Carlos?
I am not against daft. Punk being the music composers, in fact I welcome them with open arms.

DP are better suited to the true multimedia presentation that Disney are going for. Their music is both experimental and wildly popular and their image lends itself to the world of TRON.

That and Wendy probably wanted to much money for his services.

Not a typo, by the way.

The Clu abides, man...

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, July, 27, 2009 2:44 AM
FusionAddict Wrote:
bigbangbilly.exe Wrote:What happened to Wendy Carlos?
I am not against daft. Punk being the music composers, in fact I welcome them with open arms.

DP are better suited to the true multimedia presentation that Disney are going for. Their music is both experimental and wildly popular and their image lends itself to the world of TRON.

That and Wendy probably wanted to much money for his services.

Not a typo, by the way.

LOL

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, July, 27, 2009 1:33 PM

Now that we have access to last year's trailer in high quality, and after hearing the music at Flynn's Arcade when they reveal the Light Cycle . . . it seems clear to me that the music in the trailer IS from Daft Punk.

Based on that, I'll say that the music in the trailer is very good. It's a nice ambient theme, that fits the scene and is pretty much what I'd expect from a Tron film.

For the music in the arcade, I dunno. It's got a great retro electronica kind of sound to it, and they've snuck in some bleeps and blips that are reminiscent of the environmental sounds from the original film. But it has kind of a hard edge to it that I'm not sure is appropriate.

Still, so far, what we've heard sounds pretty good.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, July, 27, 2009 9:45 PM

I found a pretty awesome reworking of the Daft Punk Flynn's Arcade theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5h8p__g_HM

And don't forget our own Mr. Sinistar's version, which is also very cool.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kowzxmzotm2

Daddyo
User

on Monday, July, 27, 2009 10:47 PM
Sinistars has more accurate notes & timing... Getting the sounds right is a real science, and sometimes impossible unless you know what they used I think. Dafts sound was engineered pretty good (or they had some really nice presets haha) and it's hard to get it all on recordings I've heard so far.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, July, 27, 2009 11:11 PM

Daddyo Wrote:Sinistars has more accurate notes & timing
Well, this was a reworking/cover of the tune, so the artist didn't follow the original theme exactly. While Mr. Sinistar was attempting to re-create the original, note for note.

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Cyberwolven
User

on Tuesday, July, 28, 2009 3:08 AM
TronFAQ Wrote:

I found a pretty awesome reworking of the Daft Punk Flynn's Arcade theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5h8p__g_HM

And don't forget our own Mr. Sinistar's version, which is also very cool.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kowzxmzotm2

Those are cool. Nice job Sinistar.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Daft Punk To Score TR2N