Daft Punk To Score TR2N

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
FusionAddict
User

Re: Daft Punk To Score TR2N

on Tuesday, July, 28, 2009 3:18 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Now that we have access to last year's trailer in high quality, and after hearing the music at Flynn's Arcade when they reveal the Light Cycle . . . it seems clear to me that the music in the trailer IS from Daft Punk.

The "trailer" was made long before they had committed to being part of the film. I don't think it's Daft Punk in the VFX Test, though I could be wrong. I sincerely doubt it though.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

The Clu abides, man...

Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, July, 28, 2009 4:36 PM
Cyberwolven Wrote:
TronFAQ Wrote:

I found a pretty awesome reworking of the Daft Punk Flynn's Arcade theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5h8p__g_HM

And don't forget our own Mr. Sinistar's version, which is also very cool.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kowzxmzotm2

Those are cool. Nice job Sinistar.

Thanks for the compliments!

FusionAddict Wrote:
TronFAQ Wrote:

Now that we have access to last year's trailer in high quality, and after hearing the music at Flynn's Arcade when they reveal the Light Cycle . . . it seems clear to me that the music in the trailer IS from Daft Punk.

The "trailer" was made long before they had committed to being part of the film. I don't think it's Daft Punk in the VFX Test, though I could be wrong. I sincerely doubt it though.

I agree with FusionAddict. I never heard any Daft Punk songs with a major amount of strings like the one in the trailer. All their music is basically French house with 4-to-da-floor beats and samples from obscure disco records. I'm thinking that the sound designer/editor for the trailer wrote the music or Disney hired a writer or asked one of their in-house musicians to write a tune. Either way, after listening to both musician's work for the movie, I'm sure that the music for Tron Legacy will be absolutely great. abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

"what the hell is a limux.."

- Gattorcar (a user on YouTube) April 17, 2007

test

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, July, 28, 2009 7:05 PM

@FusionAddict and Mr. Sinistar:

Well, I was thinking Kosinski could have asked Daft Punk for a demo before being formally commissioned to the project, and the music in the trailer is the result.

Sure, I could be wrong. Just thinking that perhaps Daft Punk cranked out that music very quickly, before really having a chance to sit down and think about what they wanted to do.

Something else I was pondering, is whether the theme from Flynn's Arcade sounds like a reworked, slowed down version of the Solar Sailer theme from the TRON Soundtrack with a driving beat to it.

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

FusionAddict
User

on Tuesday, July, 28, 2009 7:24 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:Well, I was thinking Kosinski could have asked Daft Punk for a demo before being formally commissioned to the project, and the music in the trailer is the result.

Sure, I could be wrong. Just thinking that perhaps Daft Punk cranked out that music very quickly, before really having a chance to sit down and think about what they wanted to do.

The music was probably commissioned from a trailer composer. There are musicians who make their living making stock music or commissioned pieces specifically for movie trailers. This is likely the case, especially since Daft Punk were not announced as composers until March of this year, a full 6 months after the "trailer" was shown.

And that is something else to remember...the trailer is only a trailer as of THIS YEAR. Last year, it was nothing more than an effects test that Kosinski's team put together as a proof of concept. It was already finished long before it was shown to the SDCC crowd in '08, as it was what was used to get Disney to officially greenlight the project, which did not happen until AFTER the reel was shown.

The Clu abides, man...

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, July, 28, 2009 10:53 PM

@FusionAddict:

Sure, I was already aware of all those things you said. Doesn't change the possibility that it could be Daft Punk.

Likely? Probably not. Still possible? Yes. Just because their involvement was announced much later, didn't mean they weren't asked early on to provide a demo to go with the test footage. Then there were probably negotations, a contract was signed, and finally a public announcement months later.

It's just a guess on my part. One day we'll find out what the story is.

Logansneo
User

on Wednesday, July, 29, 2009 12:03 PM
I personally like the music from Flynn's Arcade, though it is NOT Wendy Carlos in any way it does lend itself to early 80's Mod / Synth type music. In fact I dare say it almost sounds like DP was trying to mimic John Carpenter because after watching Escape from New York I was stunned at the similarities!

As far as DP being more experimental next to Wendy Carlos, um, have you really listened to the original TRON soundtrack? Have you EVER heard anything that was released from any composer, film, or band AT THE TIME or BEFORE TRON that even remotely resembles those pieces?

TechFalcon
User

on Wednesday, July, 29, 2009 12:20 PM
As far as DP being more experimental next to Wendy Carlos, um, have you really listened to the original TRON soundtrack? Have you EVER heard anything that was released from any composer, film, or band AT THE TIME or BEFORE TRON that even remotely resembles those pieces?

Ummm, Vangelis' compositions for Blade Runner?

Logansneo
User

on Wednesday, July, 29, 2009 12:51 PM
True....and they both came out the very same year, as a matter of fact they were released within a week of each other. I remember that summer well because I went to see TRON here in San Jose on the old Cinema 150 70mm screen at Century Theaters.

And maybe my claim was a bit bold, but you must admit there isn't really anything that sounds like TRON.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

TechFalcon
User

on Wednesday, July, 29, 2009 1:08 PM
I will agree with you on that, Wendy/Walter Carlos' work on Tron was, and is, definitely unique, and it suits it quite well. But that's not to say that Thomas Bangalter and Guy Manuel de Homem Christo won't do something equally unique. Just because Daft Punk is known for house music doesn't mean they're restricted to that. They've experimented in other forms (the sound on Discovery, their second album, is rather diverse at times), and even in film. Check out Electroma if you get the chance, it was directed by them and has NO music by them in it. They know what they're up to when it comes to both music and film.

Logansneo
User

on Wednesday, July, 29, 2009 2:22 PM
I'm sure they will do an excellent job on the picture, as I said the music heard in the Flynn's Arcade light cycle reveal was pretty awesome and hinted at a retro synth/electronica style that would suit the film well.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

FusionAddict
User

on Wednesday, July, 29, 2009 4:32 PM
TechFalcon Wrote:

Ummm, Vangelis' compositions for Blade Runner?

Everything John Carpenter has ever done?

Tangerine Dream's NEAR DARK score?

STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE (featuring gratuitous use of the BLASTER BEAM~!)

The Clu abides, man...

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, July, 29, 2009 11:28 PM

There's a guy on YouTube claiming that this is Daft Punk's actual theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUVD99WiXPU
Nice try, but it's not the real deal. Still not bad, though.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

mastercilinder
User

on Thursday, July, 30, 2009 12:31 AM
Why couldn't they get Wendy Carlos again? (sigh)

And will Daft Punk even keep those themes that she wrote?

FusionAddict
User

on Thursday, July, 30, 2009 2:16 AM
Wendy Carlos is SO 8-bit. Sound cards are so much more powerful now.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

The Clu abides, man...

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, July, 30, 2009 11:42 AM
FusionAddict Wrote:Wendy Carlos is SO 8-bit. Sound cards are so much more powerful now.

8-bit is cool, though.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

mastercilinder
User

on Friday, July, 31, 2009 1:05 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:
FusionAddict Wrote:Wendy Carlos is SO 8-bit. Sound cards are so much more powerful now.

8-bit is cool, though.

Agreed 8-bit=awesome

Wendy Carlos=awesome No matter what bit she uses!

TechFalcon
User

on Friday, July, 31, 2009 9:47 AM
mastercilinder Wrote:
TRON.dll Wrote:

8-bit is cool, though.

Agreed 8-bit=awesome

Wendy Carlos=awesome No matter what bit she uses!

Pretty sure she uses analog bit.

So who's amped about a Daft Punk tour for the soundtrack? (raises hand)

Tron 3.0
User

on Friday, July, 31, 2009 7:56 PM
you guys DO know Daft Punk has their own Myspace page, right? Why not message them there about the music clip?

"You won, ok? IT'S JUST A GAME!!!"

"...not anymore..."

THE GAME HAS CHANGED

Tron Legacy- In Disney Digital 3-D and IMAX 3-D December 17, 2010!!!!!!!!

PSN: halo101

TechFalcon
User

on Friday, July, 31, 2009 8:57 PM
Tron 3.0 Wrote:you guys DO know Daft Punk has their own Myspace page, right? Why not message them there about the music clip?

Yeah, been there done that. I don't think they check that page very often, or their actual website (http://www.daftpunk.com).

Daddyo
User

on Friday, July, 31, 2009 9:13 PM
I think you guys like the name "Daft Punk" more than anything...

FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Daft Punk To Score TR2N