The game

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
TRON.dll
User

Re: The game

on Thursday, May, 28, 2009 1:33 AM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Propaganda could have more than one project in development at once. Monolith was making both NOLF 2 and Tron 2.0 at the same time. NOLF 2 got released first, Tron 2.0 a while later.

But I think I would breathe a sigh of relief, if I knew for sure that Propaganda won't be making the next Tron game.

Good point. It had actually crossed my mind as I was typing that post, but considering that I'm not too knowledgeable about Propaganda in terms of staff size and capabilities as a developer, I wasn't sure if they could afford to be working on two games at the same time.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Traahn
User

on Thursday, May, 28, 2009 9:03 PM
Judging by what they did to the latest version of Turok, I'm scared if they have "TR2N the video game." TronFAQ shares my sentiment.

Granted, I haven't played Turok since Turok 1 and 2... but I just know the PS3 version was, well, a tough game to stick with and play through to the end Turok 1 is still the best, imo. They were supposed to be getting back to the Turok roots or vibe more with this new one. I'd say they failed.

Ugh, with Propaganda being in Vancouver, with TR2N being filmed in Vancouver, and with Disney Interactive Studios using Propaganda as their presence in Vancouver... it seems one might infer Propaganda would probably be doing the TR2N game. *sigh*

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Jademz
User

on Thursday, May, 28, 2009 9:37 PM
Well, my opinion is that if they have the technology to make a killer movie, and with the game engines out these days, you'd have to be extraordinarily..... how should I word this.. anyway, I think they have every opportunity to make a better game than the movie, so I'm not worried too much. It just takes a good team.

So if the in-house developers - Propaganda Studio or Black Rock Studio show the game the attention it deserves with due diligence, it seems to me they should be an inseparably good combination. (movie+game)

I don't see propaganda doing it, and black rock is/was hiring for a racing game. Coincidence? I think someone brought that point to the forum here.

adding more to what's probably been stated...

I read a report from variety that DIS implied they may use a outside game developer. -feb. 2 2009

With the potential they had for Tron 2.0 I think they'll make a good one, but will they support it? order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, May, 28, 2009 10:16 PM
I think Black Rock does racing games, and they're already busy enough with Split Second (I think that's what it's called). If Black Rock were to develop a TR2N movie game, it'd likely be mostly Lightcycle races.

PSN - TRON-dll

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, May, 29, 2009 6:43 AM

Never underestimate Disney's power of FAIL.

They didn't give Tron 2.0 the support it deserved, they didn't give the Tron comic the support it deserved, and they might not give the next Tron game the support it deserves. They'll expect the movie to sell the game, no matter how good or bad the game is.

Look at the reviews the Terminator: Salvation game is getting. Piss poor. Halcyon (who owns the rights to the Terminator franchise) said they were developing the game in-house in order to "raise the quality" since most movie-based games have a reputation for being bad. What happened? The game still sucks.

I really, really pray the next Tron game is handled better. Tron 2.0 was an exceptionally good movie-based game, but Disney has fumbled the ball too many times.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Master-cylinder
User

on Sunday, May, 31, 2009 6:25 PM
The best thing for disney to do with movie game? Let an outside developer who knows what they're doing help. I also hope that the Wii version has some decent controll mechanics compared to other Wii games (I.E. no waving your arms around like an idiot during disc battles.)

Hurray for our side. . .

Cyberwolven
User

on Sunday, May, 31, 2009 9:47 PM
Master-cylinder Wrote:The best thing for disney to do with movie game? Let an outside developer who knows what they're doing help. I also hope that the Wii version has some decent controll mechanics compared to other Wii games (I.E. no waving your arms around like an idiot during disc battles.)

But I've always wanted to swing my arms around madly while playing video games(person without Nintendo Wii or has ever played it).

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

Compucore
User

on Sunday, May, 31, 2009 10:31 PM
I know this is very much wishful thinking over here. It would be nice to see the next tron game being able to play it on a linux computer. Like what I have here. I know at least two machines here that are capable of running linux well with full graphics under Nvidia drool on it. And there are some decent games out under linux that come close to the games that you pay for as well. Don't get me wrong both the windows and MAC OS's do have their good points as well. Jut wanted to have a game like Tron playable in a linux only environment like ubuntu linux. Which is using a distro of Dabian as it's main thing for the kernel and the GUI interface.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Master-cylinder
User

on Sunday, May, 31, 2009 11:19 PM
Cyberwolven Wrote:
Master-cylinder Wrote:The best thing for disney to do with movie game? Let an outside developer who knows what they're doing help. I also hope that the Wii version has some decent controll mechanics compared to other Wii games (I.E. no waving your arms around like an idiot during disc battles.)

But I've always wanted to swing my arms around madly while playing video games(person without Nintendo Wii or has ever played it).

Well its fun at first . . . then you hit people, pets, mailman, guys living on the next block etc.

Hurray for our side. . .

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, June, 01, 2009 12:35 AM

Wii Sports Resort has a somewhat promising looking frisbee game on it. That E308 demo sure looked pretty promising.

lol, it even looks like a TRON frisbee.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

PSN - TRON-dll

Master-cylinder
User

on Monday, June, 01, 2009 2:53 AM
Well it's promise. Thanks now I have a reason to buy Sports Resort (rolls eyes)abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Hurray for our side. . .

xalener
User

on Monday, June, 08, 2009 8:20 PM
Jademz Wrote:I guess IGN wanted to make sure we know it's not coming out on some obscure console...

And what about Mac?

LOL!!!

The irony!

If you wanted to play games, then why do you have a mac? loljk

Also, Tr2n might not ba bad on the WII. If fact, it seems perfect for it. The graphics are limited, sure but do they have to be balls out gorgeous? This is TRON we're talking about! If anything, I'm woried about the console/ PC versions. Sure they've got the graphics, but I can see any game dev going "Game grid? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! MINIGAMES MINIGAMES MINIGAMES!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!" It can all go down real fast. Then again, the same could happen to the Wii, but it would actually FIT with the Wii.

I just imagine this becoming some repetetive brawler with some locked doors thrown in there for challange's sake. This could happen in the wrong hands.

What it SHOULD be is a third person shooter. Not Gears of War, but Destroy all Humans. Kind of a mix between the agility and speed of a platformer, and the accuracy of a shooter.

The tron 2.0 style of weapons are cool, with many different permutations of one main weapon. The RPG elements from 2.0 could stay too.

I hope the basic visual design of Tron 2 will be like the proof of concept trailer, with the frosted glass look to everything. It's what the first tron was supposed to look like according to the concept art. I don't know if the look would work on consoles though, because of the lack of power to sustain Real time reflections on most systems. Cubemaps would just look wron with so much reflective surfaces..... God, when will I shut up?

Alan: I was paged last night. Came from your dad's arcade
sam: So?
Alan: the number's been disconnected for 20 years!
Sam: THEN WHO WAS PAGER

Jademz
User

on Monday, June, 08, 2009 10:21 PM
xalener Wrote:
LOL!!!

The irony!

If you wanted to play games, then why do you have a mac? loljk

Well, I don't but it would be nice to.

xalener Wrote:
Also, Tr2n might not ba bad on the WII. If fact, it seems perfect for it. The graphics are limited, sure but do they have to be balls out gorgeous?

It's my opinion that a wii version of Tron could be cool, not in the sense that I want to experience in my "dream game".

I said in this thread earlier, if they make a mod for a wii it would be cool. The wii as it is just doesn't make me think of tron, since I think it should be a step above the current technology on the wii. I can think of very exciting visual game play, but in a dark 3D more virtual environment.

I don't even want to hear about wii unless they get serious with TRON as a very interactive visually profound 3D game.

xalener Wrote:
This is TRON we're talking about! If anything, I'm woried about the console/ PC versions. Sure they've got the graphics, but I can see any game dev going "Game grid?

xalener Wrote:
I just imagine this becoming some repetetive brawler with some locked doors thrown in there for challange's sake. This could happen in the wrong hands.

What it SHOULD be is a third person shooter. Not Gears of War, but Destroy all Humans. Kind of a mix between the agility and speed of a platformer, and the accuracy of a shooter.

Fisrt, I disagree with your use of the visual you think of when you say "game grid".

I think that could be the coolest sh&^ in the gameplay. It could be a puzzle you have to connect to make a systems work, just like a 3D tactile map with panels that you click your cursor on and it syncs up within parameters set in your programming, used to get you through areas that are specialized and communicate with a team. You just think it's some term for a scene where a solar sailor flies over a fake looking landscape or something. I guess you'd just have to be a Tron addict to care.
edit: or maybe it's more accurate to think it's analogy to describe more minigames, instead of a real game.. perhaps.

I also believe the treatment of using the words "game grid" should be treated traditionally from the point of view it was known for, don't get me wrong..

My main concern with TRON is the visual arts it has brought the world.

Second would be simulating technology scaled to view into 3D digital landscape unlimited in interaction that we experience in our mind's eye, similar to the look of Tron 2.0, or games better than it visually, and maybe with a few more genres of gameplay built in. first person and third person, and fully comprehensive digital exploration.

Third is having fun in a multiplayer structured environment.

xalener Wrote:
I hope the basic visual design of Tron 2 will be like the proof of concept trailer, with the frosted glass look to everything. It's what the first tron was supposed to look like according to the concept art. I don't know if the look would work on consoles though, because of the lack of power to sustain Real time reflections on most systems. Cubemaps would just look wrong with so much reflective surfaces..... God, when will I shut up?

I guess I'd have to agree with the looks, but I have a different opinion on the complexity structurally, if the aesthetics look too minimalistic it will look lame if they make it do some knight rider move out of nowhere. I just like the look of code and circuitry, representing the capability of it's "user", like what's seen in any computer, and it's a part of the movie, each suit is unique. Yeah I can babble all night about it too...

xalener
User

on Monday, June, 08, 2009 11:00 PM
I didn't say I wanted the game to be a nightmarish torrent of minigames, I meant that's probably what the average game dev would do if unchecked.

xalener
User

on Monday, June, 08, 2009 11:01 PM
I didn't say I wanted the game to be a nightmarish torrent of minigames, I meant that's probably what the average game dev would do if unchecked.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Jademz
User

on Monday, June, 08, 2009 11:09 PM
rgr, I'm not a "minigame" fan either. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, June, 09, 2009 3:02 AM
Yeah, the only Wii owners who aren't tired of minigame collections now are the casual crowd and the people who are completely new to the system.

If there's a TR2N movie game, I want the Wii version to be as much of a port as possible. Sure, they'll strip down some features in the Wii version, but at least Wii owners will be able to play it. Call of Duty World at War was released on the Wii as a port of the 360/PS3/PC versions, albeit with many missing features. But it still became extremely popular with many Wii gamers.

World at War is also a good example of how a Wii port will not ruin the PS3/PC/360 versions, for those who were mentioning that.

But also, let's try not to turn this thread into a flamewar about how bad the Wii is. It'll cause bitter hate on a website where we're supposed to show our love for our favorite movie, TRON.

PSN - TRON-dll

Jademz
User

on Tuesday, June, 09, 2009 6:32 AM
Tron.dll, who flamed the wii?

I said my piece. take a hard look at the reasons we brought the wii into the discussion. I stated I'd like to see the jdome promoted with the consoles, and wii should be playable in the dark for a game like tron, if they used alot of 3D for the wii version it would look better that way. how harsh is that?

if you think it's a flame to say that it would be nice if TRON merchandise had an upgrade for the consoles, in my opinion, and if you saw how I worded the description of said modifications, you would deduct that I have no intention to hate a wii, or an xbox ect.

You're admitting you don't like thought of minigames in your own post, so where's the hate?

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, June, 09, 2009 5:54 PM
Technically, the Tron arcade game was a game with four or five mini games. >.>where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

djmousie
User

on Saturday, June, 13, 2009 11:18 AM
Wait the Wii version of GhostBusters is different from the other systems. I have both 360 and Wii, which version is better?

FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 The game