Tron 2.0 
 TRON 2.0 keeps resetting my keys

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Oniell Ford
User

on Monday, June, 08, 2009 11:32 AM
I look under options and I saw that every single key was "unassigned". I binded them to the correct keys again and again, and they keep being reset to "unassigned".

What's going on here?

My username on TRON 2.0 is VWrath.User
If you want to play, PM me on this site or contact me on Steam.

"Tron is the jesus of breakfast cerials" - Ticklemetastic (A TRON fan on Steam)

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: TRON 2.0 keeps resetting my keys

on Monday, June, 08, 2009 4:56 PM

Assuming the game is installed to the "C:\Program Files\Buena Vista Interactive\Tron 2.0" default location, go inside the Tron 2.0 folder.

Look for the file "autoexec.cfg" and click the right mouse button after highlighting it with your mouse pointer. Click Properties. Look at the bottom of the window that pops up, and see if there's a checkmark in the Read-only box. If there is a checkmark, get rid of it and click OK.

Now go inside the "Profiles" folder. The default profile would be named "Player.txt" unless you created a new profile in the game. Whichever one is your current profile, click the right mouse button while it's highlighted and then click Properties again. Look at the Read-only box once more. Get rid of the checkmark if there is one.

If that doesn't help, then I'm not sure what's causing the problem. Maybe the game is crashing on exit, and not saving the changes you make.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Oniell Ford
User

on Tuesday, June, 09, 2009 9:57 PM
I've done exactly what you said, there's nothing wrong with the game's settings. It has been crashing on exit, but manages to save the changes I make.

But still... It's very odd. I even bind them back to the original keys, go back to playing the game and they are unbound again.

Jademz
User

on Tuesday, June, 09, 2009 10:47 PM
have you tried reinstalling? This happened to me when I used to play battlefield 2 but I don't think I fixed it the first go around, I replaced the whole pc.

One thing you can try is go to systernals.com and download filemonitor and process explorer.

run it then play tron, run your settings options then exit. save the log file then look it over to see if something doesn't look right. you may be able to trace it back to the source, but in all likelihood it could be something wrong with one or two things..

You could have a process that conflicts with the game, such as a out of date version of drivers, or a combination of software that is overriding the game its-self.

Do you use any external software to manage your keys or mouse other than microsoft? that's one place I'd start, perhaps a game you have can also cause the conflict, I've heard of that on a few occasions. Google the problems you are experiencing and the games you have such as steam or whatnot.. maybe you'll find it's something simple..

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, June, 09, 2009 11:24 PM
Oniell Ford Wrote:I've done exactly what you said, there's nothing wrong with the game's settings. It has been crashing on exit, but manages to save the changes I make.

But still... It's very odd. I even bind them back to the original keys, go back to playing the game and they are unbound again.

I'm not too good with technical issues, but if worse comes to worse you may want to reinstall the game, just so you can play it.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, June, 10, 2009 12:56 AM

Oniell Ford Wrote:I've done exactly what you said, there's nothing wrong with the game's settings. It has been crashing on exit, but manages to save the changes I make.

That is very weird. I haven't encountered this before, and I don't think I've heard of anyone else having this problem either.

A couple more things you can try:

1) Delete your profile in the "Profile" folder. Which is probably "Player.txt". The game will create a new profile when you run it again. Yeah, it sucks because it means you'll have to re-enter all your settings. But you're pretty much doing that already, anyway. Perhaps the profile became corrupted somehow, and maybe that will cure it. Doubt it, but who knows.

2) If that doesn't work . . . after you've binded all the keys while still in the game, hit Alt-Tab (hold down the Alt key and keep holding it while you press the Tab key) to get back to the Windows desktop. Open the Windows Explorer and navigate to the Tron 2.0 folder. Remember before how you right clicked on a couple of files and checked if their Properties were Read-only? This time, set "autoexec.cfg" and "Player.txt" to Read-only on purpose. Put the checkmarks in the boxes and click OK each time. This might act as a temporary fix to keep the game from always resetting the key bindings.

Failing that, I'm not sure what's causing the problem or an easy solution to fix it. Short of re-installing the game. Though, honestly, I don't think that will be a cure for the issue either. It's like some other program or process is interfering with the game. Like a keyboard or mouse utility, as Jademz suggested. Just a guess.

Oniell Ford
User

on Saturday, June, 20, 2009 4:50 PM
So far, everything you guys have suggested are not working. TRON.dll suggested that there might be another game or program that is messing with the TRON 2.0 settings.

He seems to be correct, but I recently re-did everything you guys said just to make sure I didn't mess up. I even re-installed the game 3 times! And soon enough, I think I found the problem.

The "player.txt" folder is not there. It's not in the designated location as to where it should be. I even did a search and there is no such file.

I am nearing the end of the rope with this. As of last night when TRON.dll was trying to help me, I do not think I ever lost my tempor so badly. I mean, how hard is it to get a game working correctly??! This is absolute Bull****! Someone, for the love of God, help me!

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, June, 20, 2009 5:28 PM

Oniell Ford Wrote:The "player.txt" folder is not there. It's not in the designated location as to where it should be. I even did a search and there is no such file.
Well, that is . . . truly bizarre. It sounds like the game attempts to create that folder and file, but is somehow blocked from doing so. So the next time you start up the game, all the settings are lost because they weren't saved.

There are many different possible causes for this. It could be what type of Windows account you're using and whether or not you're running in Administrator mode. It could be that something is screwy with the permissions of the Tron 2.0 folder or its parent folders. It could be that an Anti-Virus or Firewall is somehow blocking it, or some other program that's running. It's really not easy to pin this down to something obvious.

What I can suggest is:

1) Make sure you're running the game in Administrator mode in your Windows account. And turn off UAC, at least temporarily, if it's turned on.
2) Check the permissions of the Tron 2.0 folder, and the folders above it. Make sure they're not somehow accidentally set to Read-only.
3) Download and run a program like Process Explorer. It will show you all the programs that are running on your computer. Take screenshots of the list of programs, and post them here. So we can see what's running on your computer, that might interfere with the game. Do you have an Anti-Virus and Firewall (not the Windows Firewall, but any other Firewall) running while playing the game?

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Jademz
User

on Saturday, June, 20, 2009 6:47 PM
What's strange is that you were playing a month ago, and I don't know if you had any problems up to that point or not..

what has been installed or seemed broken during the past month?

I had problems with Left 4 Dead, seemingly relearning my keyboard while in game so that if I minimized the screen, I would type gibberish sometimes. I had to restart steam for the problem to go away.

Please describe your setup again, not sure if you have or not. All I know is that you're running Vista.

also, list software installed if you don't mind, also any software supporting your PC outside of windows, such as downloaded nvidia stuff, or applications for your KB, ect.

Does your keyboard and mouse work in the background, say, if you minimize Tron2.0 does it work?

edit: also, if you associated your Tron game in steam, you may want to see if there's a command line you can use in steam such as "-safe mode", while you're launching Tron 2.0.

Oniell Ford
User

on Saturday, June, 20, 2009 8:51 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Oniell Ford Wrote:The "player.txt" folder is not there. It's not in the designated location as to where it should be. I even did a search and there is no such file.
Well, that is . . . truly bizarre. It sounds like the game attempts to create that folder and file, but is somehow blocked from doing so. So the next time you start up the game, all the settings are lost because they weren't saved.

There are many different possible causes for this. It could be what type of Windows account you're using and whether or not you're running in Administrator mode. It could be that something is screwy with the permissions of the Tron 2.0 folder or its parent folders. It could be that an Anti-Virus or Firewall is somehow blocking it, or some other program that's running. It's really not easy to pin this down to something obvious.

What I can suggest is:

1) Make sure you're running the game in Administrator mode in your Windows account. And turn off UAC, at least temporarily, if it's turned on.
2) Check the permissions of the Tron 2.0 folder, and the folders above it. Make sure they're not somehow accidentally set to Read-only.
3) Download and run a program like Process Explorer. It will show you all the programs that are running on your computer. Take screenshots of the list of programs, and post them here. So we can see what's running on your computer, that might interfere with the game. Do you have an Anti-Virus and Firewall (not the Windows Firewall, but any other Firewall) running while playing the game?

That did it! You just solved my problem! Running it in Administraitor mode worked!! EVERYTHING IS BACK TO NORMAL!!!!

Do you know what this calls for?? EPIC BILL NYE THEME SONG HARDCORE REMIX!!!!!! WOOOHHOOOOO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89AxAgpYz58&feature=PlayList&p=3A47121354F92689&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=24
I owe so much to you guys... wait, I already do. NOW I OWE MORE!!! I don't know if I can thank you enough!

FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS, HERE I COME!! abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Jademz
User

on Saturday, June, 20, 2009 9:12 PM
Cool, yeah I hear that is a very problematic issue with vista. Glad you're back on!

We were wondering if there were pieces of your PC on the floor last night.

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, June, 21, 2009 2:35 AM
Oniell Ford Wrote:
TronFAQ Wrote:

What I can suggest is:

That did it! You just solved my problem! Running it in Administraitor mode worked!! EVERYTHING IS BACK TO NORMAL!!!!

Do you know what this calls for?? EPIC BILL NYE THEME SONG HARDCORE REMIX!!!!!! WOOOHHOOOOO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89AxAgpYz58&feature=PlayList&p=3A47121354F92689&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=24
I owe so much to you guys... wait, I already do. NOW I OWE MORE!!! I don't know if I can thank you enough!

FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS, HERE I COME!!

lol@vistaabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, June, 21, 2009 4:39 PM

Oniell Ford Wrote:That did it! You just solved my problem! Running it in Administraitor mode worked!! EVERYTHING IS BACK TO NORMAL!!!!
Really? Heh . . . I actually wasn't expecting it to be that. Usually you expect it to be some weird, complicated thing that's going to be hard to pin down. Nice when it turns out that the solution is pretty simple!

The reason I didn't think it would be an Administator mode problem right away, is because usually a game doesn't work at all unless you run it in Administrator mode. So for it to run but then start acting up, is a bit unusual.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0