Tron 2.0 
 Pure, great Disney game with poor support

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, July, 30, 2009 3:05 PM

Kinda off-topic, but I thought it was interesting nevertheless.

Pure sequel was actually stopped
Disney Interactive released Pure last year, from their Black Rock studio (aka Climax Racing, they changed the name when they bought it). It received great reviews, and apparently even the PC version was well done. (Unlike the PC version of Turok.) Shock.

But in typical Disney fashion, even though the game was great, it received poor marketing and support. So the game bombed. Well, bombed according to their expectations, anyway. It sold 300,000 copies across the three versions. (PC, 360, PS3.)

Will they never learn? Come on Disney, don't keep repeating the same mistakes over and over. Don't let this happen to the TRON Legacy game. And do a good PC version, like you did with Pure. Hell, release a proper editing SDK for the game with prefabs and the lot, and I swear I'll never say a bad word about you again!

Then again, with the movie serving as one big advertisement, it probably won't fail unless they do a really bad job on the game. That was the problem with TRON 2.0. No movie to go with it. So nobody knew about it, without heavy advertising. Which wasn't done.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

TRON.dll
User

Re: Pure, great Disney game with poor support

on Thursday, July, 30, 2009 3:20 PM
Amen.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

SweatyPyro
User

on Thursday, July, 30, 2009 4:59 PM
Maybe we should find their multiplayer community and reassure them that there are those betrayed by Disney out there in Tron 2.0? Lol.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

\o/

Traahn
User

on Thursday, July, 30, 2009 5:14 PM
Based on the amount of time, resources and marketing for the Tron Legacy movie so far, I'd be surprised if the video game version will get neglected.

With Tron being 'all about' the computer world and being based on 'programs acting games and stuff out inside the computer', and given everything else we've seen with Tron Legacy, I think we will see a tremendous Tron Legacy video game coupled with strong pre- and post-launch marketing support of it; including SDK things to help keep the community alive.

I feel it would be a perfect marriage to have an awesome Tron Legacy movie right alongside an awesome video game based on the movie, and hope (and trust) Disney feels the same.

This is not the type of movie to have a video game that is shoddily put together, like what happens with most any other movie-related video game. Maybe I'm biased, but this movie just seems to be going down a great path that is not like your typical movie; and I feel hype is growing. I hope the Disney marketing machine can get more and more new people on-board with this awesome movie being created.

They have so much going for them with Tron Legacy the movie, that pairing it up with a killer video game would make perfect sense and be great for the franchise. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, July, 30, 2009 6:00 PM

Can't say I share your optimism, Traahn. Of course, as always, I'll be glad to be proved wrong.

Disney won't need to heavily push the game (this time), the movie will do that for them. They can stick a notice somewhere in the promotional materials for the film, that the game exists. Or better yet, show a trailer in front of the film advertising the game. (Like they were supposed to do with TRON 2.0 on Disney films.)

So all they need to do is focus on the quality of the game. But with the title in Propaganda Games' hands (still not 100% confirmed, but extremely likely), and based on their track record, I have my reservations. Turok (by Propaganda) sucked. (Link not safe for work.)

Sure, that doesn't mean they can't rebound and do a great title next time. I hope the pressure on them, causes them to regroup and focus on making the game great.

Another bad Tron game would really hurt Disney's reputation, especially if the movie is as good as we're expecting it to be. Tron games are supposed to be great. (And when I say "bad Tron game", I'm definitely not including the original arcade games or TRON 2.0 on the PC. The GBA game also wasn't bad.)

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Cyberwolven
User

on Thursday, July, 30, 2009 7:14 PM
This reminds me of when I originally heard rumors of a Tron 2.0 game being developed. I saw one video ad for it online and then "boom, bam" I never heard of it again. There was never enough promotion for that game and I ended up thinking that it got canceled until years after it was released.

A couple of years after I got a laptop, I finally realized there was an actual Tron 2.0 game and got excited. I bought a copy of the game and found out Disney didn't even support the game anymore(and the laptop didn't support the game). "What a bummer." I thought to myself.

This better not happen again if they make a TRON Legacy PC game.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

iGame3D
User

on Friday, July, 31, 2009 8:58 PM
TRON 2.0 actually got tons of press coverage in the video game magazines prior to being released. I might even have a pair of Game Developer magazines where it was featured for its high tech (now common as sand) glow effects.

If you aren't a video game enthusiast then sure it passed right by you, just like the 800,000 other video games you probably don't know about because the $7 'hype the hell out of it" magazines fly under your radar.

Keep your eyeballs on the magazine racks for the next year, sooner or later the glowing video warriors will be showing up again. Uh, that's assuming there are any video game magazines left, a whole slew of them went belly up in the past twelve months or so.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, August, 02, 2009 2:47 PM

TRON 2.0 did receive pretty good coverage in the games press, but nowhere else. That's where Disney blew it.

I remember DaveTRON saying how at the time the game was released, the film was being shown at various theaters in a sort of mini-revival. When he attended the showing at one theater, he was not allowed to take any demos of the game with him to be handed out to the audience.

Can you believe that? It would've been the perfect opportunity to help promote the game. They had a ready made audience there who would have been excited to get their hands on a new TRON game. Not to mention the word of mouth they would have provided. But no, this simple concept somehow eluded BVG's marketing department.

Found another article about Disney Interactive's current woes.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=24644
So to cut back on expenses, they reduced their marketing efforts. No wonder Pure suffered, as a result.

I can only hope that all the decisions made about how to handle Pure, were set into motion before the management shake-up (where Walt Disney Internet Group merged with and basically took over Disney Interactive). And that in the future, more savvy business decisions will be made.

Cyberwolven
User

on Monday, August, 03, 2009 12:52 AM
@iGame3D_

I think my problem is the fact that I don't have any gamer or developer magazines and I really can't afford to buy more than one or two games a year. I miss out on a lot, and I mean a lot of games(not to mention I miss out on a lot of other life sectors). There's no way I'm going to let myself miss out on Tron Legacy though!

I've seen a pretty awesome feature on Tron 2.0 in Gamasutra. You're definitly right that in the future we'll be seeing a lot of Tron Legacy in gaming magazines.

@TronFAQ_

It sucks that some game companies and company secters have had to cut back in areas. It kind of Tees-me-off because of layoffs and lack of job openings.

...But on the other hand it might give smaller studios(or studios that now have a better balance of workers) a chance to focus on their work(and hire good talent that was let go from other groups).

*sigh*....I dunno...... :[where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

KiaPurity
User

on Monday, August, 03, 2009 5:13 PM
If Disney somehow screws up the support on Tron Legacy games, I'll be very upset--

I mean, why should we even bother supporting that division if they're apt to screw over really good games without actual support? It's just a smack in the face.

Just because certain games can sell themselves does not mean that it is the same for all other games. They must stand behind their product and give the support it deserves.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0