Server hosting problem again!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
Denniske1976
User

on Tuesday, August, 18, 2009 2:52 AM
Hi all,

Been some time ago since I've last been here... but I have a problem that seems a bit weird to me:

Last weekend my DSL modem went crazy and now it's "kaputt" :-) Changed the modem to another one I had lying around, a Zyxel 2602R. A lot nicer than my old Thompson SpeedTouch 546.

Anyhoo, I've opened all the ports in my firewall to get things running like SMTP and of course my TRON Servers. I have opened 27888, 27999 etc for every Server that I run. That's what always made it work when I was using my SpeedTouch.

Now every Server I start comes with a message:

GameSpy error: Unable to query the server. You may need to open port 12746 for incoming traffic.

And then this port is different for every Server, mostly about 50 higher of lower (so the others report port numbers: 12655, 12695 and 12721).

I can't remember having to open up anything else except for the UDP port that your server is running on??

Anybody have an idea? Any help would be appreciated :-)

Void(EN12-82)abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

European Dedicated LC Server:
www.EN12-82.net

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: Server hosting problem again!

on Tuesday, August, 18, 2009 4:07 AM

Is your modem/router the one on this page?
That one is a bit more complex than usual, since it has VOIP and QoS features. I'm not sure if those features could somehow be interfering or not.

Regardless, the Port Forwarding site has a page for FEAR showing how to set up ports on that modem/router. The same instructions apply to Tron 2.0. The only difference is that you need to open 27889 in addition to 27888.

On ZyXEL's site they mention something about needing to set the Default Server IP on the Port Forwarding page, or else packets on those ports may be ignored.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Denniske1976
User

on Tuesday, August, 18, 2009 4:07 AM
Obviously the port number is random, everytime I restart a Server it comes with the above error and a different port (i.e. 10017 or 10221).

So maybe opening UDP port 27xxx isn't sufficient for running TRON 2.0 on my router? (have to admit that I can't see the difference between opening a port on my LinkSys or opening it on my Zyxel).

www.EN12-82.net

Denniske1976
User

on Tuesday, August, 18, 2009 4:15 AM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Is your modem/router the one on this page?
That one is a bit more complex than usual, since it has VOIP and QoS features. I'm not sure if those features could somehow be interfering or not.

Regardless, the Port Forwarding site has a page for FEAR showing how to set up ports on that modem/router. The same instructions apply to Tron 2.0. The only difference is that you need to open 27889 in addition to 27888.

On ZyXEL's site they mention something about needing to set the Default Server IP on the Port Forwaring page, or else packets on those ports may be ignored.

Well, the default Server doesn't make any difference. I was thinking about that setting, but normally it opens up everything to your default IP (DMZ?). At least that's what it used to do on the old SpeedTouch modems from Alcatel. If you had set a default server there would be no more security or firewall protection unless you'd set up some firwewall behind the modem (of course with the inbuilt firewall of the Zyxel that won't be the problem). But that don't cure it.

The extra port won't be the problem either since I've opened up a range (too laze to make 4 rules). I have just put the range 27666 to 27999 in one rule to open them up. So that includes any other port in that range in UDP. (right?).

www.EN12-82.net

Denniske1976
User

on Tuesday, August, 18, 2009 4:16 AM
Ow BTW:

1. It's the D1A version of the router.

2. You awake already? :-)

www.EN12-82.net

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, August, 18, 2009 4:16 AM

Okay, never mind what I wrote in this message a moment ago. And yes, I just got up a short while ago and decided to check my e-mail, some sites, etc.

I'll reply in a bit after giving the problem some thought.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, August, 18, 2009 7:52 AM

After skimming through the manual for that modem/router from ZyXEL's site, there are a couple of things I thought might be causing the problem.

It looks like you may have to add a new rule to the built-in firewall in addition to forwarding the ports. From the main menu screen of the modem, go to Security > Firewall > Rules.

Add a new rule, then choose Edit/Modify. On the editing screen, look for the Edit Customized Services link and click on it. Click number 1 and edit the settings. You can make the Service name something like "TRON 2.0 Dedicated Server". Then set the protocol (UDP) and ports (whichever range you used before).

If that doesn't help, then maybe the problem is being caused by Universal PnP (UPnP) being turned on. If it is, you might want to disable it.

Denniske1976
User

on Tuesday, August, 18, 2009 4:25 PM
Well, what can I say:

I did add those custom services already because that's the only way to get them in. Predefined are only things like HTTP/HTTPS and SMTP/POP3 (those are open because I need them). Ports for eMule, uTorrent and also TRON are as a custom service.

I downloaded the portscanner from portforwarding.com and that says 27666, 27777, 277888 and 27999 are open in UDP.

uPNP is always disabled as it poses a security risc, so I never enable that anyway ;-)

I hope it isn't the whole Dell TrueMobile story from 5 years ago all over again... I never got it working on that router. Surely it has to be possible with a Zyxel router, I believe they're quite nice, not completely rubbish?? order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

www.EN12-82.net

Jademz
User

on Tuesday, August, 18, 2009 5:44 PM
Ok, starting with software.. you've tried everything, but have you shut off your software firewall's .exe's to see if there's a gamespy message afterward?

Since I have run a server recently, I'll state my settings here:

I use a cable-modem, and have no settings for that from this machine, plain and simple..

I took some screenshots so you may be able to study any similarities with how yours is setup, maybe try something different:

incase you can't read the ports I have open(which work always) for multiple servers -

UDP - 27700, 27800, 27888, 28700, 28900, 54131
UDP - 28800, 28300, 28400, 28500, 29900, 29901, 29910
TCP - 13139, 28900, 29901, 54131

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, August, 18, 2009 9:44 PM

So you've forwarded the ports, created a new firewall rule, turned off uPnP, and it still doesn't work. Hmm.

There's a remote chance that the QoS feature on the modem could be affecting things if the priority for the "services" you've created have been set to low. But, I doubt it.

And nothing else has changed in your setup? Just swapped the modems, and that was it? No changes in your software firewall or anything else?

You're not using a separate router, right? It's just the one modem/router combo? In my case I have a separate modem and router, even though my modem is capable of being a router. The modem is set to bridged mode, and I let the separate router take care of the rest.

Very odd. You've already done pretty much everything. It should just work.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Denniske1976
User

on Wednesday, August, 19, 2009 7:10 AM
Nope, nothing changed... just swapped my old SpeedTouch 546 for a Zyxel.

Weird thing is all other ports work, so my HTTP sites are available, my SMTP works, eMule works, uTorrent works and also RDP works... So you can say every port works except my TRON Server ports.

I am right about just opening 27xxx as UDP right? Because I had that before as well, not that it needs to be both UDP and TCP??

And no, there's not a single software firewall in my network. As opposed to other people running TRON servers off their XP or Vista computers, mine is an HP Proliant ML330 G3 with Windows Server 2003 on it (so no Windows Firewall in there).abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

www.EN12-82.net

Denniske1976
User

on Wednesday, August, 19, 2009 7:13 AM
Or maybe: Could there be some other port that needs opening? Because it says it's unable to query the server. I've had that before but that was whenever 27xxx was not open as UDP. It would also say than that "You may have to open port 27xxx".

So maybe some general query port that my Zyxel won't let through to the LAN???

www.EN12-82.net

Denniske1976
User

on Wednesday, August, 19, 2009 8:45 AM
OK here's an update:

Changing the port range I used to 4 single ports (27666, 27777, 27888 and 27999) results in no change, still no Server is able to communicate with GameSpy.

So I tried another thing: I opened up a port range a lot wider, 27000 to 28000. Result: Now my Servers on ports 27777 and 27888 will work without a problem, the Servers on ports 27666 and 27999 still won't communicate with GameSpy. Tried widening the ringe to 26000-28000 but to no avail (because the 2 Servers not working report I have to open 26355 and 26356 for incoming connections, so I thought adding 26000 to 26999 to the range would solve this).

Weird weird weird... also, when I change the ports on my Servers to i.e. 27100, 27200, 27300 and 27400 (as to the old 666, 777, 888 and 999) none of the Servers work anymore. So are 27777 and 27888 the magic portnumbers???

Oh yeah, the only way I even got those two Servers to communicate with GameSpy is by adding another firewall rule that allowed "ANY" service as UDP to the internal host IP.

www.EN12-82.net

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, August, 19, 2009 11:06 AM
glad you found a solution. I've pulled my hair out a few times to get the ports config'd since there's a few that work. I just need a server or I'd host again.

I just tried to get my teamspeak up, and I think there's something up with it. I opened the required ports and nothing... I need to get a real server.

Denniske1976
User

on Friday, August, 21, 2009 12:21 PM
Well, seems that it doesn't work at all...

Weird thing is: now that I added the "ANY-UDP" service to the firewall rules, those servers "in the middle" port range (so 27777 and 27888) come up with the "unable to query the gamespy server" error after a longer time than the other two. So the servers at port 27666 and 27999 come up with this after about 15 seconds but the other two only after about a minute or 5.

This just keeps getting stranger and stranger ;-)

www.EN12-82.net

Denniske1976
User

on Sunday, August, 23, 2009 8:30 AM
OK, been fiddling again with the firewall today...

Next weird thing is: Now I have ONE Server working, it's also visible from the TRON Server list. All other three come up with the good old "unable to query gamespy server, you need to open port blablabla" error.

So could there be that the first Server is blocking some port the others need as well??? I have now opened the ports in the firewall/NAT and also added "ANY (TCP)", "ANY (ICMP)" to the services list...

I really don't get this. Is there anyone else with a Zyxel modem that has this working with some game?? Surely getting UDP port ### open can't be that hard?

www.EN12-82.net

Denniske1976
User

on Wednesday, August, 26, 2009 1:17 PM
OK now this is REALLY WEIRD:

I have just reset the router to it's factory defaults and only added a PORT FORWARD in the NAT section for WWW, SMTP and POP3... and they WORK! Without adding ANYTHING in the firewall section.

Alas, this does not go for the TRON Server ports... now NONE of them is working anymore, not with firewall rules and not without them :-( Strange thing is also, for uTorrent and eMule you DO have to make firewall rules, just a port forward in the NAT section isn't enough.

But for now I am offline I guess, since I can't get any of the Servers online. The won't work with only a NAT forward, not with NAT and firewall and not with only firewall.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

www.EN12-82.net

Denniske1976
User

on Monday, October, 26, 2009 5:22 AM
OK, just one last update...

My servers will be offline for the time being until I get another DSL router, I guess.

Have been trying for ages now and I had 2 of the 4 servers working until a few weeks ago, I ended up with none of them working... nothing changed, didn't install anything, didn't reboot the server (host), didn't reboot the router, only thing I did was shut down the TRON servers (because they were up 12 days) and when I fired them up again I got the "Unable to query GameSpy server" again.

I can't for the love of God figure out what's going on, only replaced my broken DSL modem from a SpeedTouch 546 to this d*mn Zyxel P-2602R and everything stopped working. And the weirdest thing is that POP3, SMTP, RDP, FTP, eMule, uTorrent are all working without any poblems.

So there must be some port I'm missing... is there any general QUERY PORT for GameSpy that I need to open? All I can find out for TRON 2.0 is that 27888 is the default gameport and no other port is needed (as for UT you need to open gameport+1 as well). Tried UDP, tried TCP/UDP, tried TCP, nothing working with the portnumbers I use. Tried using default 27888 for one server, not working, tried 6500 (the one that works for eMule), not working either.

So I guess, unless anyone has a brilliant solution on how to get this ZyXel thingie working I'll be offline until I get another router or maybe when people pick up on the game after the movie... no use in getting another router if nobody ain't playing the game anyhoo.

Void(EN12-82)where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

www.EN12-82.net

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, October, 26, 2009 5:53 AM

Denniske1976 Wrote:All I can find out for TRON 2.0 is that 27888 is the default gameport and no other port is needed
No, not true. Tron 2.0 is just like UT, you need gameport and gameport+1 open for every server. The defaults are 27888 and 27889.

But since you had a whole range of ports open, it should have sufficed. The fact that the servers worked, and then suddenly don't work when you didn't do anything except restrart them (without touching anything else), is just weird.

I've already gone over the manual for that router, and made all the suggestions I can make. I have nothing more to add at this point.

The only thing I might point out, is that Gamespy's service has been spotty for the last year. For example, a few weeks ago their master server was completely down again for a short time. So it's possible you tried running your servers during a moment when their service was having trouble.

Sorry to hear about your continued problems, but thanks for running the servers for as long as you have. The Tron 2.0 server list is looking a bit empty without them. They'll be missed.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Denniske1976
User

on Saturday, November, 07, 2009 12:03 PM
Well, just one more slight update:

Today I received another Thompson SpeedTouch 546 modem and tried to set it up again. Configured the modem for my ISP (it does bridged mode) and connected a Belkin router to it.

Same problem here: not one TRON server would connect to GameSpy. And also, this router resolves my domain names to the IP of the router, so even though I could see my webpages etc from "the outside", browsing to www.en12-82.net from my LAN resulted in giving me the homepage of the router (as it did for every other domain registered to my IP). Mail etc didn't work from the inside either... it's rediculous that Outlook can't connect to mail.en12-82.net when I'm at home!!!!

Anyhoo, a new modem with another router gives me obviously the same problem: everything works (from the outside) but TRON won't :-(

www.EN12-82.net

Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0