Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Awesome Idea

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
tron_man_63304
User

Awesome Idea

on Saturday, August, 22, 2009 2:52 PM

I had an awesome idea yesterday what if we could play single player maps in multiplayer as a team. I made a map with the mo2-2 level map (only one I had access to) and started a server with the first rough copy i sent to my friend, and he was very slow even though he had only 83 ping. My guess was the moving blocks in the main section so I removed them and put in power-ups and lots of permissions in archive bins but he had to go so I did not get a chance to try it.

I want to have the permissions in the archive bins because I want to leave the permission requirements on the elements in the level so it is more like it is in the single player game. I would appreciate input on this idea, and has anyone tried this already?

Edit: Apologies for my younger self being illiterate and over excited about this. But I remember working on building levels fondly, and greatly appreciate all the help that was given me, though I clearly never deserved it. Thinking back on this post has haunted me. So I wanted to edit it. I hope this does not push this back to the top of the forum. If so, sorry again.

P.S. I am sure someone noticed other than me, but it seems we were all hacked to advertise for things after our old messages.

Back by Unpopular Demand.

xalener
User

Re: AWSOME IDIA

on Saturday, August, 22, 2009 5:21 PM
tron_man_63304 Wrote:I HAD AN AWSOME IDIA YESTERDAY WHAT IF WE COULD PLAY SINGLE PLAYER MAPS IN MULTY PLAYER AS A TEAM SO I MADE A MAP WITH MO2 2 MAP (ONLY ONE I HAVE) AND STARTED ASERVER WIT THE FIRST ROUGFH COPY I SENT TO MY FRIEND VIA E MAIL AND HE WAS VARY SLOW EVAN THO HE HAD ONLY 83 PING MY GUESS WAS THE MOOVING BLOCKS IN THE MAIN SECTION SO I REMOVED THEM AND PUT IN POWERUPS AND LOTS OF PERMISIONS IN ARCHIVE BINS BUT HE HAD TO GO SO NO CHANCE TO TRY IT AND I WAS WOUNDERING IF YOU CAN PUT PERMISION POWERUPS LIKE YOU WOULD MAKE THOSE ONES IN OLDSCHOOL MAP OTHER THAN THAT IT WORKS AND JUST THE PERMISIONS PROBLM I WANT TO LEVE THE PERMISIONS ON THE STUFF THO SO IT IS MORE LIKE THE GAME I WOULD APRICIATE INPUT ON THIS IDA HAS ANYONE TRYD THIS ALREADY ? AND WHAT DO YOU THINK

Check your caps. Don't forget punctuation either.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Alan: I was paged last night. Came from your dad's arcade
sam: So?
Alan: the number's been disconnected for 20 years!
Sam: THEN WHO WAS PAGER

Compucore
User

on Saturday, August, 22, 2009 6:15 PM
shaking my head from the screaming of the discussion that tron man is asking. Tron man please check the caps no caps please you screaming in everyones ears here including mine. Not to blow ou out of the water there. We'll try and help you there if we can. Just avoid the noid on the caps there.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, August, 22, 2009 7:08 PM

Trying to play Single Player maps in Multiplayer is not a new idea. It's been tried before. (I remember CyberBlade coming up with the same idea, for example.) A lot of the stuff in SP maps will work in MP.

But not everything will. If there's too much stuff in a SP map that moves, it will cause severe lag for the players and make the map almost unplayable.

Also, cutscenes in SP maps make for a very bizarre experience in MP.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

tron_man_63304
User

on Saturday, August, 22, 2009 10:48 PM
sorry bout caps key bord being wired. im taking out the moving blocks and, puting in staionary ones for less moving parts. only one rez point so players start at begining of map, trying to do some thing with moring apps switch to make it do some thing like make a sound or somthing.

also how do you make transports.

tron_man_63304
User

on Tuesday, August, 25, 2009 10:00 AM
woohooo its done its on my filefront page

http://www.filefront.com/user/tronman63304

or use direct links

transport_station_dm1.3.dat
http://www.filefront.com/14391919/transport_station_dm1.3.dat/

transport_station_dm1.3INFO.TXT
http://www.filefront.com/14391931/transport_station_dm1.3INFO.TXT/

my server will be runing with AI all day and map will be on there with all other DM maps

tailmister.exe
User

on Thursday, August, 27, 2009 12:48 AM
I wasn't able to play it when you were hosting, but I did download it and tried it out.

The ability to play single player maps on multiplayer sounds like a good idea. The First part of the Primary digitizing level, from the I/O start point to the primary area with all those energy pools comes to mind.

Constructive Criticisms:

- Try to figure out how to give subroutines and the disc primitive to the player at start.
- Scatter the powerups instead of having one spot.

I know its a first try, and a fairly good one, so keep it up.

btw, I just finished my first lightcycle map. How can I get other players to download and try it?abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

tailmister.exe
User

on Thursday, August, 27, 2009 2:09 AM
Never mind, I found out.

http://www.filefront.com/user/tailmister

So...anybody who wishes to try it out is happy to.

tron_man_63304
User

on Friday, August, 28, 2009 4:03 PM
i did have disc wen u start did you get the INFO file i dident put them in a zip file guess i should im having problms with my comp creating new zip folders so i have to take an old one and rename it and put the fies i want in there so thats anoying

the reson i put all the power ups in one spot was be couas i was only going to have one rez point so you start at begining but im going to have 2 versions of it soon one with power ups every whare and dif rez points like it is now and one with only the one spot of power ups and muliple rez points in the start room i found out if you are standing in rez point and dont move from it you die wen somone rez it after you
does any one know bout the permisions in a power up instead of a archive bin

i was thinking bout only puting power ups in the area of the archive bins they are in wen u play the game what do you think bout that

ps:did you find the secrets in my map thats y i wanted to play with every one so i can show the one that is totaly awsome but still have some secrets in it for others to find

hint: look up heres another hint for ya bout how to get there [|    |]*_*[    |]
by the way my server is back upon line

Nar78
User

on Friday, August, 28, 2009 7:38 PM
Hey Tailmister, I downloaded your LC map, however, I wasn't able to install it. Its not a REZ file my REZHandler can execute. It was merely a DAT file instead. Any clue how to install this by manual means?

GG btw! where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

"So, nice-looking ship you got here ."

tailmister.exe
User

on Friday, August, 28, 2009 7:58 PM
Yep.

Just put it your Customs/Worlds/Retaillightcycle folder in your tron directory, or create the folders if you don't have it

tailmister.exe
User

on Friday, August, 28, 2009 8:04 PM
Gr...

and someone will have to host my own map. Gamespy won't let me host again.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

tailmister.exe
User

on Friday, August, 28, 2009 8:15 PM
Oh...whoops...

I meant Custom/Worlds/Retaillightcycle, not customs

Nar78
User

on Friday, August, 28, 2009 9:27 PM
Darn, my apologies. I had to leave the room for a while. I successfully installed your map and ran it. I also hosted the map for a few minutes. abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

tailmister.exe
User

on Friday, August, 28, 2009 11:03 PM
I believe I've fixed a problem on my map, so redownload from www.filefront/users/tailmister, delete the old one (if you have one), and it should work.

Nar78
User

on Friday, August, 28, 2009 11:07 PM
Ok

This is the actual address BTW, for anyone who wants to install this map.

http://www.filefront.com/user/tailmister

The one above has the letter "s" in the word "user". Make sure its singular.

Nar78
User

on Friday, August, 28, 2009 11:13 PM
Well... for some reason filefront is acting up and not letting me download anything. :/ I hope this is only temporary. where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

tailmister.exe
User

on Friday, August, 28, 2009 11:33 PM
I've made yet one more version and hopefully this one will work, if not, try this link...

http://www.filefront.com/14420575/T.Basicv.1.01.dat

That's all I can think of. Delete older versions and download this one (sorry)where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Nar78
User

on Friday, August, 28, 2009 11:38 PM
no problem. I'll check it out right now. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Nar78
User

on Friday, August, 28, 2009 11:47 PM
Damn... every time i click the download button, it gives me a blank white page. I don't get the downloader pop up to come on. :/

I wonder what's wrong. hmmm.

Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Awesome Idea