Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Spike TV Teasing Tron:Legacy The Videogame!!!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
ShadowDragon1
User

on Tuesday, November, 24, 2009 1:12 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tron-teaser-spike-tv/59382

So it appears that the full teaser trailer for the game may be shown during the Spike TV Videogame Awards on Dec 12th.

Looking pretty kick ass so far.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

achilles
User

Re: Spike TV Teasing Tron:Legacy The Videogame!!!

on Tuesday, November, 24, 2009 1:30 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:

Tron 3.0
User

on Tuesday, November, 24, 2009 4:11 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tron-teaser-spike-tv/59382

So it appears that the full teaser trailer for the game may be shown during the Spike TV Videogame Awards on Dec 12th.

Mmmmm....Tron Video Game FOR PS3.....*DROOOOOOOLLLLLL*

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Science/Images/drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

"You won, ok? IT'S JUST A GAME!!!"

"...not anymore..."

THE GAME HAS CHANGED

Tron Legacy- In Disney Digital 3-D and IMAX 3-D December 17, 2010!!!!!!!!

PSN: halo101

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, November, 24, 2009 4:26 PM
Preordered.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, November, 24, 2009 4:41 PM

Way too brief . . . interestingly, one of the characters strongly resembles a Rectorscript.

At any rate, it's way too early for me to get excited over this. A split-second trailer doesn't really tell me anything. Wake me when there's a demo or the game is finally out. And no PC version equals no sale. I'm not buying another console just for one game.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

ShadowDragon1
User

on Tuesday, November, 24, 2009 5:02 PM
Um I think some people here are missing the fact that the actual teaser trailer for the Tron Legacy videogame is going to be aired during SpikeTV's Video Game Awards 2009 on December 12th.

The video I posted was just the short commercial teasing that their going to show the trailer during the show.....
*sigh*

The game's visuals will give us a much better idea if how the world and characters of Tron Legacy is going to look like.
I don't understand why some ppl here don't seem excited to see this...

Also, I just don't understand some PC gamers and their anti-console attitude...

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, November, 24, 2009 5:19 PM

ShadowDragon1 Wrote:Um I think some people here are missing the fact that the actual teaser trailer for the Tron Legacy videogame is going to be aired during SpikeTV's Video Game Awards 2009 on December 12th.
Yeah, I understand that. Just commenting on this trailer.

What anti-console attitude? I just want a PC version. I don't have any of the current consoles, and I don't feel like spending $200-$300 extra just for one game. Even if it is a Tron game. And I'm interested in the modding possibilities, which is something you still can't do on a console. That's all.

Jademz
User

on Tuesday, November, 24, 2009 5:31 PM
Hmmm. I know that was a teaser, and as mentioned very brief, but it was low quality.

My opinion - If it's for consoles and not for a PC I will be - nvm.

I don't have a bad attitude, I have this view point that when they build a console that costs them more money to sell, then spam us dedicated to PC -whom most mod up, spend alot of time and learn things that matter - on games founded and funding these now console games, where my hard earned money goes to a game for console gamers, that's the joy I feel for those who may not have a computer capable of playing the latest stuff. Sorry.. it's not a rant, in many cases it's all true. Maybe not in TL, but it's true, and coincidentally, it's very annoying that the successor of my favorite game may never be played by me.

The game publishers are being completely arrogant trying to make a quick buck by hosting servers and support for only one or more consoles, but not for PC.

Glad you found that ShadowDragon1, nice work! I'm keeping my hopes high for TL the game.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Tuesday, November, 24, 2009 6:18 PM
Previous licenced Disney IP's have been typically been released for PC and all the consoles.

I am pretty sure the game will make it to PC too.

FYI There are some people, like myself that don't care to, or have the funds to upgrade their PC yet again,
nor have the funds to buy a whole new, higher spec PC just to run 1 or 2 new PC games where even minimum system requirements are surpassing their current 4+ yr old PC's specs...

I am more concerned about the TL videogame having good, above average gameplay, great controls, and isn't too generic and is not executed in a mediocre way. order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, November, 24, 2009 8:09 PM

Holy cow, he updated his site!

http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2009/11/brief-video-preview-of-upcoming-tron.html
I took screenshots from the trailer so that we can look at it more closely. This teaser zips by so fast you don't even have a chance to process the imagery.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Tuesday, November, 24, 2009 8:50 PM
Good screen shots. Interesting comparisons.

I am pretty sure the game will be released on the PC and not just the consoles.
My main concern is that the game has great gameplay and awesome controls etc etc...

Thanks for giving me credit on your blog.

Cyberwolven
User

on Tuesday, November, 24, 2009 11:36 PM

*Flops over and has seizure due to teaser trailer’s frame rate*

I hope they make a PC version of this game, and I hope the game turns out good.

I don’t own any new consols besides the DS-lite (and only have four games for it). I also don’t have my own laptop or computer anymore (I borrow my mom’s for work lol). The laptop (motherboard) I owned was really old and died on me. It could barely run Tron 2.0 at the lowest res (and other stuff I had to go in and manually turn off). With this new game, I wish I could afford to buy a decent computer. I’m hoping I’ll get lucky this winter or next spring and pull off some money to buy at least a cheap replacement laptop.

Now, from what I see here in this trailer it looks like they have some bugs to work out. The user programs look noticeably different…not sure. Also the lighting and texturing in some of the shots look a little unfinished (something I expected at this time rate).

Now, I did like the shot with that violet city.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, November, 25, 2009 12:11 AM
Well I have a Xbox console and 6 computers over here 2 of which are running linux over here. Mind you they are not up to speed as for using dual quad cores from Intel or the latest six or eight core processors from AMD either Shadowdragon1. Do you see me complaining about things like this. I could have easily complained with TronFAQ for not having the original Tron 2.0 or Tron legacy being available under the Linux platform. Thanks for the updated there on the other site there TronFaq I'll take a look at it as well for the trailer too. Don't have that much times these days for posting with the job that I have at nights over here.

ShadowDragon1 Wrote:Um I think some people here are missing the fact that the actual teaser trailer for the Tron Legacy videogame is going to be aired during SpikeTV's Video Game Awards 2009 on December 12th.

The video I posted was just the short commercial teasing that their going to show the trailer during the show.....
*sigh*

The game's visuals will give us a much better idea if how the world and characters of Tron Legacy is going to look like.
I don't understand why some ppl here don't seem excited to see this...

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

MutoidMan
User

on Wednesday, November, 25, 2009 8:53 AM
I sincerely hope they do this game justice and produce an all-out version for the PC that runs on Windows XP.

On another note:

Anybody besides myself notice that the light cycle featured in the teaser trailer teaser trailer - repetition intentional - is Flynn's personal light cycle v2.0, the fastest of all light cycles?

I'm guessing that we can take both the showcasing of Flynn's light cycle v2.0 and the login screen to mean that we play as Flynn. That works for me!

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, November, 25, 2009 12:42 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!

Here's a tweet (from June) that I had with the software manager from Disney Interactive. Basically, all we know that it's definitely for PS3.

http://twitter.com/artshek/status/2233681905

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

"what the hell is a limux.."

- Gattorcar (a user on YouTube) April 17, 2007

test

Tron 3.0
User

on Wednesday, November, 25, 2009 12:51 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

I took screenshots from the trailer so that we can look at it more closely. This teaser zips by so fast you don't even have a chance to process the imagery.

About time you updated you site, man! Btw, whatever happened to that analysis of the test footage trailer with screencaps you were planning? I still want to read that!

"You won, ok? IT'S JUST A GAME!!!"

"...not anymore..."

THE GAME HAS CHANGED

Tron Legacy- In Disney Digital 3-D and IMAX 3-D December 17, 2010!!!!!!!!

PSN: halo101

Overmind
User

on Wednesday, November, 25, 2009 1:15 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Looks great.
It also gives us a good idea on how the film will look.
I will dare to say that apart from the quality this looks more interesting filmwise than the testfootage. Depends on how much the game will be based on the movie though..
Its the closest thing we have to clips for now....
.....hmmm eight months to the Con aint it...?

---------------------------------------------
That would be all!

Cyberwolven
User

on Wednesday, November, 25, 2009 1:39 PM
Overmind Wrote:
TronFAQ Wrote:

Looks great.
It also gives us a good idea on how the film will look.
I will dare to say that apart from the quality this looks more interesting filmwise than the testfootage. Depends on how much the game will be based on the movie though..
Its the closest thing we have to clips for now....
.....hmmm eight months to the Con aint it...?

Better get your tickets reserved!

Playing as Flynn? That sounds like an awesome idea.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

MutoidMan
User

on Wednesday, November, 25, 2009 1:41 PM
Mr. Sinistar Wrote:AWESOME!!!!!!

Here's a tweet (from June) that I had with the software manager from Disney Interactive. Basically, all we know that it's definitely for PS3.

http://twitter.com/artshek/status/2233681905

Personally, I feel this would've been much more welcome news if it had concerned a PC or XBOX version; now I'm concerned that the chances of a poorly-executed port for the PC are higher. where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, November, 25, 2009 5:09 PM

MutoidMan Wrote:Anybody besides myself notice that the light cycle featured in the teaser trailer teaser trailer - repetition intentional - is Flynn's personal light cycle v2.0, the fastest of all light cycles?

I'm guessing that we can take both the showcasing of Flynn's light cycle v2.0 and the login screen to mean that we play as Flynn. That works for me!
Yeah, I noticed that too. But the Light Cycle both is and isn't Flynn's. It's like something of a cross between his 2nd generation and the so-called 5th generation up-to-date Light Cycle.

Flynn's Light Cycle encloses the rider like the classic Light Cycle does. While the 5th generation one is open. Unless, Flynn's cycle can transform itself and open up. Or maybe these prerenders aren't final yet.

Still, I think you're on to something. You probably play as Flynn at some point during the game. Most of the time, even. Or maybe that's Sam's Light Cycle. Or maybe even CLU?

Tron 3.0 Wrote:About time you updated you site, man!
Haha, yeah I know. I'll try to do some more updates before the end of the year.

MutoidMan Wrote:Personally, I feel this would've been much more welcome news if it had concerned a PC or XBOX version; now I'm concerned that the chances of a poorly-executed port for the PC are higher.
Well, they won't ignore the 360, so a good version for both the 360 and PS3 is definite. It's other platforms like the PC, Mac, and Wii that are question marks right now.

I have a feeling that Disney will probably release a PC version. The sales of Windows 7 and new graphics cards has exploded, and the PC market is starting to come out of its slump. But if the TRON Legacy game is another half-assed port like most PC games seem to be these days, I'm going to get extremely angry. Look at Borderlands. Gearbox promised the PC version would play to all the PC's strengths and be a really good port. But they lied.

I'd almost rather there wasn't a PC version at all, if that's going to be their attitude. Do it right, or don't do it at all. I don't want the next game to flip the coin and trade problems upon its release. Last time, the game was great but the marketing and support sucked. If this time the marketing and support is great but the game itself sucks, then that's no better. They need to execute well on both fronts.

Am I being a whiny gamer? Yeah, maybe. But I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a product that performs really well on your preferred platform, and receives good support. It can only lengthen the life of a game title, and generate positive word of mouth. Which is way more effective (and cheaper, as in free) compared to advertising. If you're pissing off a significant number of customers, then you're doing something wrong.

Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY