TRON: LEGACY 
 New Legacy Poster and Image

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 1:22 PM
Just saw this pop up on Ain't It Cool News.

Talk amongst yourselves.

Personally, I hate the suits.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43328

DaveTRON

ShadowDragon1
User

Re: New Legacy Poster and Image

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 1:40 PM
Way too early to leak out these images.

There's still 12 months of VFX/CGI/digital FX work left to be done on the movie.

The pic of Garrett and Olivia seems to me like it may be an early snap shot with digital VFX missing. These have got to be raw, early production stills

Sort of like those old production stills of Jeff, Bruce, et all in their white costumes with the backlighting/layered painting and glow effects missing...

I will await until images from the final movie come it with all the CGI/digital VFX finished and incorperated into everything.

I am sure these pics are not fully representative of the final look of the film.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 1:41 PM
I should note that the poster is pretty darn cool. I like it.

If you go to the site linked from AICN you can find a super hi-res version too.

I just can't get past my disappointment in the look of the suits. They look like something you can buy off a rack in a store, not like the circuitry is a part of them. Really hope there is more to it than what I see here.

Darn. first time so far that my hype meter has taken a dip downward.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 1:45 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:Way too early to leak out these images.

There's still 12 months of VFX/CGI/digital FX work left to be done on the movie.

The pic of Garrett and Olivia seems to me like it may be an early snap shot with alot of digital VFX missing.

I will await until images from the final movie come it with all the CGI/digital VFX finished and incorperated into everything.

I am sure these pics are not fully representative of the final look of the film.

I would say there is probably less than 10 months at this point since it needs to be in theaters 12 months from today.

Letting this image out is a huge mistake because it doesn't do anything to raise an already high bar for this film. It doesn't have that "zing" factor that everything else has. It's a real let down for me personally, and I do believe I am not alone there. I would have expected a better first image of this part of TRON Legacy.

DaveTRON

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 1:47 PM
ah they're gonna light up or something right? lol.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 1:48 PM
The pic of Garrett and Olivia still seems to me like it may be an early snap shot with digital VFX missing.

These have got to be raw, early production stills

Sort of like those old production stills of Jeff, Bruce, et all in their white costumes with the backlighting/layered painting and glow effects missing...

The shot is kind of too dark too.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 1:49 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:The pic of Garrett and Olivia still seems to me like it may be an early snap shot with digital VFX missing.

These have got to be raw, early production stills

The shot is kind of too dark too.

I agree and hope that to be the case, because if this is what I will see in theatres.....meh.

DaveTRON

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 2:16 PM
A tell-tell sign the photo is an early production shot, is that the trace lines are white, and in the movie poster, the trace lines are blue.

It's a bit of an underwhelming, and way too dark of a photo.

I'm sure 10 months from now with all the finished VFX and CGI overlayed and put into the movie, that the digital world and characters suits will look alot better than this early production photo.

I refuse to believe this a shot of the final look of the film.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 2:24 PM
Got VERY HIGH RES images here:

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/images/2009/12/Tron-1_edit.jpg
http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/images/2009/12/Tron-2_edit.jpg
I think the costumes are awesome. I do miss the circuitry designs but the minimalistic design is really cool IMO. I think they want to show that modern programs have really evolved, compared to '80s programs.

I really love how Sam and Quorra light up the hallway. And, I'M LOVING the fact that they don't wear helmets through out the movie.

EDIT: Also, I'm really happy that the actors are not completely CGI, which I was afraid of at first.

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

"what the hell is a limux.."

- Gattorcar (a user on YouTube) April 17, 2007

test

tronprogram
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 2:35 PM
Personally, I'm not keen on the costumes. Their not electronic enough for me and missing to much circuitry. And I'm not a fan of seeing hair either. I would have prefered these guys to be wearing helmets. But lets see what appears in a years time on the screen. I'm hoping the costumes will have more added to them in VFX within the next year.

The poster does look great though I want one.

"Like the man said, there's no problems, only solutions"-Kevin Flynn, prior to his entry into the electronic world- 1982

Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 2:45 PM
Posted an article on the front page. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

test

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 2:58 PM
Mr. Sinistar Wrote:Posted an article on the front page.

'bout time I got the scoop on something around here.

DaveTRON

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 2:59 PM
ShadowDragon, I believe it's dark because they've probably wandered into that mountain hideaway occupied or built by Flynn, formations appearing on the cave wall looks like something from inside a digital mountain. However, I don't like the thought of the mountain not being man made, because it would have to be volcanic to produce the layering, so... ancient aztec like man forged the cave? built on a whim? The french panel placed on the door doesn't give me a sense of modern architecture aesthetically up against a cave. Looks cheap... (minus the cave) sorry.

dunno man.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 3:23 PM
Who knows what form junk data takes in the digital world.
Maybe the rock formations are old, non utilized, junk data gobbledygook that layers upon itself and forms those rocky formations.

Old structures are just lines of code I think,
so maybe a form of entropy has set in, and the formations from the original topography of the Encom system's digital world has "eroded" away/detoriorated over time and those layered rocky/mountian formations are the result.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Tron 3.0
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 5:04 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:Just saw this pop up on Ain't It Cool News.

Talk amongst yourselves.

Personally, I hate the suits.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43328
F***. YES. How can you NOT love that poster, man? You MUST be high on drugs or something!abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"You won, ok? IT'S JUST A GAME!!!"

"...not anymore..."

THE GAME HAS CHANGED

Tron Legacy- In Disney Digital 3-D and IMAX 3-D December 17, 2010!!!!!!!!

PSN: halo101

Tron 3.0
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 5:04 PM
Also, that image is kind vague, yeah, but I hope the suits will look cool. So far, so good, programs!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"...not anymore..."

THE GAME HAS CHANGED

aldul
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 5:07 PM
I have to agree with DaveTRON on the costumes. However, there's so little context that I don't know what to think. There's room in the blank spots on the costumes for circuitry to be added post. The existing traces are big enough to have things flow and move inside them. Heck, they could be removed altogether and are just there for proper ambient lighting on the faces and environment and for mo cap.

We'll see...

Now that we have 25-30 inch displays with crazy resolution, you can bet we're gonna tear this apart frame by frame. I can't wait.

Tron 3.0
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 5:10 PM
btw, you think this might lead us into getting the first teaser soon, possibly this weekend?

"...not anymore..."

THE GAME HAS CHANGED

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 5:26 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:I should note that the poster is pretty darn cool. I like it.

I do like the poster, they've also changed the lightcycle's nose, it has a slot in front.

The suits are a full departure from what I expect, minus luminosity emitted from within.

-no visual plates meant to look like reliefs on skin tight glow, used in something called combat - this shield is used to block projectiles and various hand held weapons .

Don't get me wrong, leather suits don't look bad, but leather suits with a huge glow worm slime trails maybe a pebble or two here and there, doesn't look like a costume I'd ever wear to represent Tron.

I fear it's going to look like The Matrix.

Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 5:36 PM
Tron 3.0 Wrote:btw, you think this might lead us into getting the first teaser soon, possibly this weekend?

I personally wouldn't say this weekend, but hopefully this spike in publicity will mean that a trailer (other than the game trailer on the 12th on Spike TV) will be out in the very near future.

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

test

Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY