TRON: LEGACY 
 New Legacy Poster and Image

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: New Legacy Poster and Image

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 5:55 PM

I have to agree that I hope that isn't the final look of the costumes, and they're still going to add some kind of VFX to the suits in post-production.

They look exceedingly bland in this shot. Like they could have come from almost any futuristic science fiction movie. There are no detailed circuitry patterns. Also, why do the existing patterns on both costumes match so closely? Quorra and Sam are two very different programs. I mean, one is a User-Program. They shouldn't look so much alike. (Yeah, I know Users can imitate the appearance of other programs. Maybe that's the explanation.)

On the plus side, at least this shot pretty much confirms that characters won't be all-CGI in the film. If they'd simply done mo-cap and pasted the actors' faces onto CGI bodies at all times, that would have been another disappointment.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 6:25 PM
They're both wearing black boxes on their lower back, I pointed this out while discussing the pics with ShadowDragon on FB, he suggested they're probably battery packs, and should be edited out. Hope so.

And thanks for the head's up Dave.

Olivia's hair style resembles that of an old friend from the grid. on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

xalener
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 6:58 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:Just saw this pop up on Ain't It Cool News.

Talk amongst yourselves.

Personally, I hate the suits.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43328

I'm pretty sure it's just the angle, man.

Alan: I was paged last night. Came from your dad's arcade
sam: So?
Alan: the number's been disconnected for 20 years!
Sam: THEN WHO WAS PAGER

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 7:01 PM
It seems if this was true to film, that they only glow at certain times, so I'm wrong about some of my previous ramblings. (minus the leather look) They may activate the light traces around the armor on the suits during a fight or lightcycle scene..

Maybe these suits are camoflage for what they really look like? :Iorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 7:20 PM
It's just a bad, overly dark, murky photo.

I'm pretty sure that some digital VFX overlays and digital editing is missing. I'm pretty sure it'll have more "umph" and look pretty good once all the digital VFX and CGI is applied.

Live Planet seems to be jumping out too soon to generate some buzz because of the trailer for the videogame is being shown on Saturday on Spike TV's 2009 VGA's.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Cyberwolven
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 7:29 PM
Gets up.

Makes tea and goes to turn on computer.

Goes and get tea while browser is loading up Tron-Sector front page.

Comes back while sipping tea.

Sees front page, spits out tea all over screen, haz heart attack.

@Jademz_Sometimes I wonder about that. What if they know that we are always looking at their leaks and tid-bits? They could have spiez lurking for all we know.

*paranoid-shifts eyes at other users.*

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 7:59 PM
Cyberwolven Wrote:What if they know that we are always looking at their leaks and tid-bits? They could have spiez lurking for all we know.

*paranoid-shifts eyes at other users.*

Of course. I don't think they'd be so subtle to come here as data miners in real life, it does seem conscionable.

More than one person in here may wonder if the release of this particularly dark photo is really just to lure us into this debate? I think that's an interesting possibility.

That's what the media is for, I guess.

But for our sake, my response was right on target. I'm more interested in seeing the atmosphere in each detail, than the sculpted coal mine with a french panel door, and lack of cyber-warfare attire. I realize it's white light, it's pre-production work by the looks of it.. so what? hehe.. I get a kick out of the thought that it may or maynot represent the movie anyway.

deadly_cookie
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 8:49 PM
I like the poster.. Im pretty sure now that they will be wearing real costumes (and no CGI over it).. However, I preferred CGI costumes (I liked the leathery look from the first trailer), throughout (with the exception of the faces being real), whether they are in digital CGI world or real world locations within tron universe. I like CGI, and Tron makes one think they they would focus on CGI aspects and potential (but you guys kept on insisting on using real costumes). Maybe they'll switch over from real to CGI when they step into the CGI world (I can't see them wearing real costumes in a digital world)..

I'm not a fan of the front part of the cycle, the previous headlight had more style (and I'd be disappointed if they changed the overall design of the cycle).. It does come over a bit as kubrick/frenchy/artsy compared to style (esp. the backdoor looks matrix zion).. I'm a bit in the middle.. it has a bit of the Alien 3/resurrection syndrome (of doing things different), straying too much from that what makes tron tron (and Kosinksi original advert stuff)..then again, tron universe is big.. there's locations of all sorts.. but i do like it so far.

null_unit
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 9:18 PM
deadly_cookie Wrote:.. I'm a bit in the middle.. it has a bit of the Alien 3/resurrection syndrome (of doing things different), straying too much from that what makes tron tron (and Kosinksi original advert stuff)..then again, tron universe is big.. there's locations of all sorts.. but i do like it so far.

Agreed. I hope that we will see that even though the technology has advanced, and the computer world with it, some of the original style comes through. For example, much like old style cars were retrofitted rather clumsily with newer technology in Blade Runner to show a "used" universe.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

I still have power... Sark doesn't know that.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 9:51 PM
I e-mailed a short e-mail letter to the PR/Communications at Digtal Domain
here: tenstice@d2.com
(put Please Forward to Eric Barba. He's the Visual Effect Supervisor on Tron Legacy according to IMDB.com)

and the contact e-mail at Josephi Kosinski's site

michaeld@anonymouscontent.com

I recommend otherd here send short, polite e-mails to these addresses voicing our concerns. Maybe they might take what we say into consideration, and improve upon things. There is about 10 months left to improve the suits , and enviromental visuals. So people here should e-mail them.

Here's mine

To whom it may concern,

I recently have seen the currently released photo from "Tron Legacy" http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/4/2009/12/tronstill.jpg

As an long time fan of the original film "Tron", I am very concered about the underwhelming look of the character's outfits.

Many fans on www.tron-sector.com that have loved "Tron" for 27 years are feeling a bit underwhelmed and disappointed in the visual look of Sam Flynn's and Quorra's suits.

The lack of glowing circuitry patterns, the lack of Syd Mead and Jean Giraud style armor aesthetics. Why are there no intricate, glowing and pulsing circuit patterns?

Why are there no ceramic, metalic, or shiny crystaline or glassy surreal textural aesthetic elements on the suits, or the enviroments? Many wish to see such aesthetic elements incorperated into the costumes and enviroments in Tron Legacy.

If the above, recently released photo is missing digital VFX elements that would make the suits, and the enviroment of the world of "Tron Legacy" more visually stunning; it would be nice if us fans were informed that that is so.

Sincerely,

A concerned Tron Fan.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

HooDooMan
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 11:08 PM
Very cool poster! I wish I could get a nice big glossy print of it!

The Quorra/Sam image is interesting. It's got a lot of noise in it due to the low light levels. It's almost as if somebody shot it with their digital camera during filming and then cropped it against a black matte. I'm thinking this is a production still from the set and it's just the raw footage prior to VFX post-production. If I remember correctly, I thought I read somewhere, possibly an interview with Olivia, that the suits they wore do light up, but that additional VFX will be added to them in post. I'll wait and see what else leaks out before dismissing it.

Another thought I had is, what if what we're seeing is JUST lightcycle gear? Maybe it's just "protective gear", so to speak, for only riding lightcycles. Their "normal" suits may look different with more glowing circuitry patterns. That's probably not the case, but it's just something that occurred to me.

The cool thing is that next year's Halloween costumes are gonna be pretty awesome! LOL! Take all-black motorcycle racing gear, add lots of EL tape, maybe some custom-cut EL sheets, and possibly some EL wire in tight places, and you've got yourself a TRON suit! LOL!abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 11:18 PM
If I somehow miracoulously lost 50 lbs, and *if* if I had the money to spare (unfortunately I really don't) I'd buy this, cover over the logo, and stitch on some El-Wire onto it:

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 11:24 PM
I am guessing sending an email is not necessary. I would guess someone is charged with checking in here and seeing the reaction.

I also think we're getting onto the far edge of over analyzing this.

While I am disappointed in the image and not feeling very positive at this point, I still have a wait and see POV.

As I have said, I think it was a mistake to put this particular image out because it has no WOW factor to it. That doesn't mean that the next leaked image won't.

Have you noticed that it has us all talking about TL again though? Perhaps it is serving its purpose?where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 11:49 PM
I think that people that have some input they'd like to express to the Visual Effects Supervisor/Digital Domain and to the Director should send letters.

Just don't be rude or billegerant. I mean, if there's a chance, even slim that they might improve the visual look of the costumes and enviroments, and that they might take our views into consideration then I think people should e-mail a brief letter.

I'm not going to cross my fingers and hope someone from Digital Domain or Joseph Kosinski himself regularly lurks or pops in to silently read posts in this forum or this thread to see how we feel about the suits in Tron Legacy.

I see nothing wrong with being a little proactive.

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 11:54 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote: If I somehow miracoulously lost 50 lbs, and *if* if I had the money to spare (unfortunately I really don't) I'd buy this, cover over the logo, and stitch on some El-Wire onto it:

Nice!

Make's me want to gear up in a tron suit and make some propaganda already!! hehe. jk.

Jademz
User

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 11:56 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:I am guessing sending an email is not necessary. I would guess someone is charged with checking in here and seeing the reaction.

I also think we're getting onto the far edge of over analyzing this.

Not. hehe..

We're all light hearted here, I think.

Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

on Thursday, December, 10, 2009 12:03 AM
DaveTRON Wrote:I also think we're getting onto the far edge of over analyzing this.

Took the words out of my mouth, Dave.

The fact that Sam and Quorra don't have blue circuitry automatically tells me that this image isn't the final product that we'll see in theaters.

I've been meaning to say this for a while now. Personally, as a fan and as a moderator, I don't like how every time something Tron Legacy-related comes out everyone complains about something whether it be the casting, costumes, special effects, music, video game, etc. We're lucky that a sequel's being made, period.

I don't mean to start a ruckus or anything; I just want the community in general to be more positive on these topics. It'll make everyone's lives less stressful.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

"what the hell is a limux.."

- Gattorcar (a user on YouTube) April 17, 2007

test

Cyberwolven
User

on Thursday, December, 10, 2009 12:29 AM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote: If I somehow miracoulously lost 50 lbs, and *if* if I had the money to spare (unfortunately I really don't) I'd buy this, cover over the logo, and stitch on some El-Wire onto it:

You'd need a full suit though, wouldn't you? Xd

Can't imagine myself only using the jacket/torso part of a Tron costume. (Jeans with a el wire jacket, lol!)

Yeah....gear can be quite expensive.

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

Jademz
User

on Thursday, December, 10, 2009 6:10 AM
Mr. Sinistar Wrote:I've been meaning to say this for a while now. Personally, as a fan and as a moderator, I don't like how every time something Tron Legacy-related comes out everyone complains about something whether it be the casting, costumes, special effects, music, video game, etc. We're lucky that a sequel's being made, period.

I don't mean to start a ruckus or anything; I just want the community in general to be more positive on these topics. It'll make everyone's lives less stressful.

I do agree, there's a time and a place. I think more outside the box than inside, and if my humor comes across as stress, or if what's being discussed got drawn out, it's just how I think.. I don't mean to sound rude... but it's not like we're just disgusted, and can't agree to some extent.

I'm happy to see this stuff. I'll try not to sound like I'm shooting from the hip next time.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, December, 10, 2009 11:26 AM
Mr. Sinistar Wrote:
DaveTRON Wrote:I also think we're getting onto the far edge of over analyzing this.

Took the words out of my mouth, Dave.

The fact that Sam and Quorra don't have blue circuitry automatically tells me that this image isn't the final product that we'll see in theaters.

I've been meaning to say this for a while now. Personally, as a fan and as a moderator, I don't like how every time something Tron Legacy-related comes out everyone complains about something whether it be the casting, costumes, special effects, music, video game, etc. We're lucky that a sequel's being made, period.

I don't mean to start a ruckus or anything; I just want the community in general to be more positive on these topics. It'll make everyone's lives less stressful.

Forgetting of course that I registered the first complaint.

My main problem with the image is that if this is the first look at the TRON world they want to give us, it's not the best choice. It took away WOW! and replaced it with WTF?

Not a good call for something that has been spot on in making me salivate with each new revelation.

DaveTRON

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 New Legacy Poster and Image