Tron 2.0 
 Installing the latest service pack?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
neomanga
User

on Saturday, August, 14, 2010 2:47 PM
Sorry if this may seem like a "I should have known" question, but I've just recently have gotten my hands on Tron 2.0 PC and downloaded the latest update for it (not killer app though) and I don't know how to install it. It's basicly the first game that I ever really had gotten for PC. I know this update is needed for playing online, so if anyone can help, I'll greatly apreciate it. ^^

Edit: Or would it be better to download the killer ap mod?where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: Installing the latest service pack?

on Sunday, August, 15, 2010 6:31 AM

Installing the patch to the game is pretty straightforward, actually.

After the patch is finished downloading, you double-click the icon to start the patch program. As long as Tron 2.0 has already been installed properly beforehand, it just does its thing and finishes automatically.

As for the KA Mod, it relies on the patch being installed beforehand, so you'll still need it anyway. If you try to install it without having already installed the patch, it will tell you.

You can think of the mod as another sort-of patch, that adds more new stuff to the game. But the servers you try to connect to online also have to be using the mod, too. There's a way to temporarily disable the mod if you need to, though.

You might want to watch this video, it shows how to install the patch and mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMEgAseBzfg
Even if you're using Windows XP, the video still applies. You just skip step number 3 with XP, because games always run in Administrator mode on XP by default.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

neomanga
User

on Monday, August, 16, 2010 10:31 PM
Thank you! I had to find another partch that worked though, the first one I had gotten seemed to have been broken.

As for the KA Mod, I havent patched it in yet, I'm wanting to beat the game before adding that mod, I guess it's kinda like trying to beat the game before using a Gameshark. But I'll be sure to install that ap. And for the extra's, I've seen some of them and they look great. But, once I do install the KA mod, how can I disable it for when I need to? And thanks for the video. ^^ I'll refer to it quite a bit when I'm installing, and I'll remember that I can skip part three.

And once again, thank you for the help. ^^

neomanga
User

on Thursday, August, 19, 2010 2:41 PM
Now that I've downloaded and installed the KA mod, nothing has changed accept the intro when I start up the game for my PC. But as I was installing KA, it asked for the unofficial 1.042 Patch, so i'm figuring I need that one to have the KA mod work properly.That, the unofficial patch, was the first patch I downloaded that did not work, and I used the first mirror from the TronFAQ blogsite to download it. I've been trying to down load from the second mirror from the same site... But I'm still fighting the download to try and get it to finish. The highest it had gotten to was 9%.

So I'm at a bit of a loss here, can anyone help with this?

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, August, 19, 2010 3:03 PM

Actually, you wouldn't have been able to install the mod if the game wasn't already patched. Don't install the patch now, or else it will mess things up. The mod needs to be the last thing that gets installed.

Don't worry about Unofficial vs. Official too much. The Unofficial patch has some advantages, but it's not necessary to have.

neomanga Wrote:
nothing has changed accept the intro when I start up the game for my PC.
So when the game loads, the menu screen looks a lot like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FEWxw7egww
If so, the mod has been installed successfully. And there are a lot more changes than that, believe me. But most of them are in Multiplayer. They're not that obvious in Single Player.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

neomanga
User

on Thursday, August, 19, 2010 3:39 PM
Oh, alright, Then I'll leave the unofficial 1.042 patch alone then, since it's not necessary since the mod was able to load on the official patch.

And the intro does look like that, plus the LSDO intro, but, afterwards, when I was checking out the multiplayer, there's no Sark, kernal, or anyone else from the KA mod showing up, nor is any of the colors, and all the lightcycles are locked. The gold cheat works though, but I have no clue how to disable the hud as well. Even looking in the options, it doesn't say how to disable the hud. And I saw nothing for a God mode either.

So I'm not sure if I did something wrong or what. And I believe you that there's a lot more content then I'm seeing , but nothing has shown up accept the gold cheat.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, August, 19, 2010 7:05 PM

neomanga Wrote:there's no Sark, kernal, or anyone else from the KA mod showing up, nor is any of the colors, and all the lightcycles are locked.
I realize now that it can be confusing, and easy to think the Light Cycles are all locked or that the new characters aren't there. It's something I'm going to change in the next version.

The new Light Cycles and characters are there, trust me. It's just that they don't show up early on in the list. You have to move way down the list to find them. An easier way is to just click the left arrow at the start of each list. That way you wrap around to the end. Then you'll start seeing the new Light Cycles or characters.

I have no clue how to disable the hud as well. Even looking in the options, it doesn't say how to disable the hud. And I saw nothing for a God mode either.
That stuff is handled by a separate program, called the Mod Manager. There will be a new shortcut to it in your Start Menu.

I would love to integrate all of that directly into the game menus, if I could. But it's not possible without something called source code.

neomanga
User

on Thursday, August, 19, 2010 7:57 PM
Oh! when do you have a planned date for the release of the new mod version?

And I have cycled through the list, starting from Jet, but the last character before going back to Jet, is Tron 1.0. And I cycled through the list going both left and right. Still no new colors or characters. So it's confusing me why it's not working.

As for the God mode, I need another program for it? Where on the start menue will it be, the short cut that is? As for not being able to integrate the manue's, that's a bummer, But even making the mod itself is still quite wonderful. ^^

But I'm wondering, would a video card also have any influence how the mod would work? Because after looking through my web about my card, it apparently is not the best one to use for gaming, which is quite ironic since my computer is supposed to be compatable with higher end games. Oh, and I'm also asking this because after Jet throws the disk and you hear the derez sound, you don't see his circuitry, instead, he's glowing almost all whitish-blue. So i'm wondering if that's meaning something.

Edit, this is what I mean about Jet on the start up.

NX11592
User

on Thursday, August, 19, 2010 8:16 PM
As for the God mode, I need another program for it? Where on the start menue will it be, the short cut that is? As for not being able to integrate the manue's, that's a bummer, But even making the mod itself is still quite wonderful.

There should be a program called Tron 2.0 Killer App Mod Manager. Where you can enable god mode.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

neomanga
User

on Thursday, August, 19, 2010 11:13 PM
NX11592 Wrote:
As for the God mode, I need another program for it? Where on the start menue will it be, the short cut that is? As for not being able to integrate the manue's, that's a bummer, But even making the mod itself is still quite wonderful.

There should be a program called Tron 2.0 Killer App Mod Manager. Where you can enable god mode.
Ah, but, on what site? On TronFAQ's as well? I'm still new to computer gaming, so I'm not familier on what possibilities computer games hold. Or places for downloadable content, as well. ^^;

NX11592
User

on Friday, August, 20, 2010 8:32 AM
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Buena Vista Interactive\Tron 2.0\Custom\Mods\Retail\ModManager.exe"

or look in program files that doesn't have the X86 by it.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, August, 20, 2010 8:37 AM

neomanga Wrote:Ah, but, on what site?
You already have the Mod Manager program, it gets installed as part of the mod. There's a new icon shortcut to it in your Start Menu, under "All Programs".

Oh! when do you have a planned date for the release of the new mod version?
Not any time soon. It will be a long way off.

Oh, and I'm also asking this because after Jet throws the disk and you hear the derez sound, you don't see his circuitry, instead, he's glowing almost all whitish-blue. So i'm wondering if that's meaning something.

Edit, this is what I mean about Jet on the start up.
Hmm, yeah something isn't right. The Jet model is missing the textures, so it looks all white in that screenshot.

Oneill Ford had a similar problem. I'm not sure how he eventually ended up fixing it, but I think he had to uninstall the mod and then install it again.

It kind of looks to me like maybe you ran out of hard disk space while installing the mod, so some stuff in the mod is missing. The mod needs 1.5 GB (gigabytes) of space, plus an additional 1 GB of temporary space during the install (which you get back when it's finished). 1.5 GB + 1 GB = 2.5 GB total space needed to install.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

neomanga
User

on Friday, August, 20, 2010 2:15 PM
Didn't realize that I should have already had it for god mod. ^^; And NX11592, I'll be sure to look in my files.

And TronFAQ, oohh, alright, Hope everything goes well in thee making of the new mod.

Also, if my problem is that I'm missing stuff from the mod, then, how do I uninstall, then reinstall the mod? And Memory on the hard disk shouldn't be a problem. I still have over 700 GB on it.

Edit: Found the uninstall folder, and if the uninstall button just says "uninstall", then I can't uninstall it. My computer can't read a DAT file.

And if I do have to uninstall then reinstall, should I just uninstall the entire game, then start all the reloads from scratch? (and adding in the unnoficial patch, but I still can't get a hold of one that will work for me. {and I know I don't need it since I loaded the official one, but it's to be on the safe side for adding KA if I need to start from scratch again.})where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, August, 21, 2010 8:02 AM

neomanga Wrote:Edit: Found the uninstall folder, and if the uninstall button just says "uninstall", then I can't uninstall it. My computer can't read a DAT file.
You can uninstall the mod the same way as you would other programs, through the Windows Control Panel. There's an Add/Remove Programs icon there in Windows XP that will give you a list of all your installed programs. Or, again, there's an icon shortcut in your Start Menu called "Uninstall TRON 2.0 Killer App Mod" in the same place where you'll find the Mod Manager.

should I just uninstall the entire game
Nope, that's not necessary. But if you want to: after uninstalling the mod, you can then install the Unofficial patch before installing the mod again.

neomanga
User

on Saturday, August, 21, 2010 6:34 PM
Alright, I uninstalled the KA mod through the Windows Control Panel, but for some odd reason, there was things left behind. And I couldn't find what files where related to it. so unfortionently, I did have to uninstall the whole game. But I did make backup files that I needed for at least certain things.

And after reinstalling everything, accept an unnoficial 1.042 update because I still can't get ahold of one that will activate itself for updating Tron 2.0, the KA mod finally loaded all the skins and other things that was missing in my original installation of it.

Now all that's really left is loading in all the modded Multi Player maps. But thanks again for all the help with the instalations. ^^

Edit: well, I've tried using the REZ Handler, but it's not working. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled it, but it keeps saying:

"Failed to load control 'CommonDialog' from COMDLG32.OCX. Your version of COMDLG32.OCX may be outdated. Makesure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application."

So I don't know what to try to fix it at this point.

NX11592
User

on Saturday, August, 21, 2010 6:55 PM
Run the rez handler in admin mode what os do you have?

neomanga
User

on Saturday, August, 21, 2010 7:02 PM
I have Windows XP, and I'll see if I'm in Admin mode.

Edit: Well, there's only one user, and it's "Owner" on my XP, I think to get to admin, I'd have to run in safe mode. (unless owner can still quallify as admin)

Edit: Even tried it on safemode admin. Didn't work there either.

Isn't there a manual way of doing it, and how can it be done?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, August, 22, 2010 7:41 AM

First off, sorry to know you had to uninstall everything and start over. But glad to hear both the game and the mod are working properly now.

As for the problem you're having with REZ Handler. I know what's causing it and how to fix it. The problem you're having happens pretty rarely, especially on XP. But when it does, it's unfortunately kind of complicated to fix.

You can read about it here:
http://www.ldso.net/tronforum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=677
I know it talks about Vista, but the same fix applies in XP.

If you don't want to try the fix, then yeah you'll have to install the map packs manually. Too bad, because REZ Handler makes it much easier to install and keep track of all the map packs.

Your Tron 2.0 folder is probably located at "C:\Program Files\Buena Vista Interactive\Tron 2.0". In the Tron 2.0 folder, you need to create a folder called "Custom". Then, inside that folder, you create another one called "Resources". Then inside that second folder, is where you put the map packs after you unzip them.

The only problem is, the game has a limit as to how many map packs you can use. If you put too many in that folder, the game goes bonkers. That's what REZ Handler was meant for, to let you know when you have too many map packs.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

neomanga
User

on Sunday, August, 22, 2010 4:37 PM
Thank you. ^^ It's alright that I had to restart everything, it's not a big deal. And I'm glad I can finally enjoy what you helped to make. ^^

Also, the fix for the REZ handler wasn't complicated at all, at least for me. I just went to the specific folder in my windows system, and compy-pasted the needed file. And the most ironicly funny thing about fixing it was, it WAS an outdated file! I had a COMDLG32 file from 1997. o_O

But it's also good to know how to do it the manual way, incase the program failed even by doing that. And it also does bite that you wouldn't know how many file maps you could add with out the program. But after switching out the old for the new COMDLG file, the program is working fine now, and it looks like I can only hold four map packs at a time. I guess a safety net number would possibly be three if someone doesn't know how many they could hold on the game.

But thank you! You've been a big help. ^^ And maybe I can see you on the Tronathon sometime later!

But again, thank you. ^^

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0