TRON: Evolution 
 3.0 vs Evolution

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
Tron Fanatic
User

Re: 3.0 vs Evolution

on Friday, October, 01, 2010 1:29 AM
The beam race thing seems like it'd be cool on the big screen, but taking into account the limitations of gaming peripherals, how would it have been made practical as a video game? What could you do besides slash away at the opponent next to you?order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

'>

CaptainCR
User

on Friday, October, 01, 2010 1:32 AM
some really friggin awesome concept art!

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

IsoLine
User

on Friday, October, 01, 2010 12:00 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:Character Designs:

I really like the second design. Would love to see that in a film.

Yeah, that purple glow inside the warrior reminds me of the old "Pulsar" and "Visible Man" toys where you could see the blood vessels through their transparent skin.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

IsoLine
User

on Friday, October, 01, 2010 12:04 PM
Though I like the idea of a mono wheel lightcycle (My fan film script for a Tron-like movie had one for the main character) I don't know if I really like the "Lightspear". It kinda reminds me of a squid with no tentacles. The "Beam Race and Beam Combat" portions are cool concepts though.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, October, 01, 2010 12:12 PM
It might have been an interesting game, I just don't know if it would have been as TRON as people might have liked. Not sure where they intended to take the storyline so far into the future.

It certainly wasn't aimed at continuing the current TRON worlds, nor was it aimed at creating something viable for a franchise, it was just veering off for a game idea.

While some cool concepts came out for it, I am glad it never came to fruition. I like where TRON is going now.

I just have to wonder if any of this work inspired TRON Legacy/Evolution considering the similarity in some of the designs.

Fun to consider anyway.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

Tron Fanatic
User

on Friday, October, 01, 2010 2:29 PM
IsoLine Wrote:Though I like the idea of a mono wheel lightcycle (My fan film script for a Tron-like movie had one for the main character) I don't know if I really like the "Lightspear". It kinda reminds me of a squid with no tentacles. The "Beam Race and Beam Combat" portions are cool concepts though.

I don't really mind the way it looks or that it's one-wheeled. (though it seems way too distant from the original design to even be considered an upgrade of the same vehicle)

My biggest issue with that is the size. Based on the scale to rider. If anything it looks like it'd be some kind of ultra-fast long range aerial vehicle. Doesn't seem suited to combat at all. It also looks like it'd be 2 or 3x as long as the Supercycle, and I usually wouldn't drive that on the grid just because it was harder to use in the tight spots. This thing would just amplify the problem further.

I wouldn't mind seeing it in the skies though, possibly riding the trans beams.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

'>

Darth Tronage
User

on Sunday, October, 03, 2010 4:42 PM
IsoLine Wrote:The "Beam Race and Beam Combat" portions are cool concepts though.

I agree. They could have it so that you use weapons when you are too far apart, but then allow the player to jump onto enemy beam vehicles for close up combat. Add in moments were a person could change beams and fight along the same beam. Kind of like a train changing tracks. And if you have multi-player co-op, one person would control the vehicle and the others on the same team would fight. Throw in some obstacles to avoid and you'd have some high energy game-play.

Jet Lives!

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

RE: 3.0 vs Evolution

on Wednesday, October, 06, 2010 6:46 PM

To be honest, when you showed me that 3.0 concept artwork some time ago DT, I didn't like the direction they were heading with it. I'm almost glad it was cancelled. Maybe there were certain things about it that were cool, but there was also a lot not to like.

It's pretty obvious that Tron Evolution used 3.0 as a starting point, taking what they liked from it and incoporating that into the new game. But at least in terms of art direction, I much prefer where Legacy/Evolution is going vs. 3.0.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

DaveTRON
User

on Monday, November, 15, 2010 4:19 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

To be honest, when you showed me that 3.0 concept artwork some time ago DT, I didn't like the direction they were heading with it. I'm almost glad it was cancelled. Maybe there were certain things about it that were cool, but there was also a lot not to like.

It's pretty obvious that Tron Evolution used 3.0 as a starting point, taking what they liked from it and incoporating that into the new game. But at least in terms of art direction, I much prefer where Legacy/Evolution is going vs. 3.0.

I do not disagree with you on everything but the look of the characters. I am sitting here staring at my Clu and Rinzler action figures right now who stand next to my TRON 2.0 ICP character, and the suits just seem blah to me. It's the one thing I am still not happy with in the new TRON world. After so many conversations with Steven about the circuitry being part of the body and not a suit, I am sorry they went that route in Legacy.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

jonwes
User

on Monday, November, 15, 2010 6:58 PM
Love all the concept art! It's fascinating to see what might have been. It looks a wee bit dated just the way Tron 2.0 or Tron does now. I like that Tron Legacy has a slightly more sleek look. It feels much more on target as far as where design is at the moment and feels a bit more timeless in its simplicity

The important thing is that there are some really fun and cool ideas at the core of these and they are bursting with an admirable energy.

Discuss it on tron-sector.com here.

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, November, 17, 2010 4:46 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:How cool would this have been?

Beam Race

Beam Battle

I find it very interesting that Flynn has a BEAM RIDER in the TRON: Betrayal comic book.

There is now absolutely no doubt in my mind. 100% of the concepts for TRON 3.0 were reworked for Legacy.

DaveTRON

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, November, 17, 2010 5:03 PM
I actually love that many themes, elements, aspects, and concepts from Tron 2.0 and Tron 3.0 Concept art and game design docs/story concepts were researched and utilized in the universe of and tie-in stories to Tron Legacy.

It's all pretty dang awesome IMO. While it sucks that Tron 3.0 wasn't put into development, it kinda awesome that parts of it were incorperated into T:E, the new comic/graphic novel, and into Tron Legacy...

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, November, 17, 2010 5:13 PM
I am glad they used the concepts, but also glad TRON 3.0 didn't happen the way it was planned.

I am still not happy that TRON 2.0 is being left out at this point, but it also occurs to me that there is no reason that Jet, Mercury and the ICPs cannot exist in another system. TRON's world is all inside of two isolated computers. TRON 2.0 took place in a network of varying systems in a connected world. Perhaps Mercury will live again in another film.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, November, 18, 2010 4:26 AM

DaveTRON Wrote:
I do not disagree with you on everything but the look of the characters. I am sitting here staring at my Clu and Rinzler action figures right now who stand next to my TRON 2.0 ICP character, and the suits just seem blah to me. It's the one thing I am still not happy with in the new TRON world. After so many conversations with Steven about the circuitry being part of the body and not a suit, I am sorry they went that route in Legacy.
You'll get no argument from me on that. The suits stink. I think I've said it many times before that they're bland, boring, generic . . .

Programs in the original film had unique, detailed circuitry patterns and a multitude of color shades to set them apart. Now, you can barely tell one program apart from another sometimes.

But I'll be sitting in the theater and enjoying Legacy, just the same. The Tron Night preview convinced me that Kosinski and the entire Legacy team will not disappoint.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

ShadowDragon1
User

on Thursday, November, 18, 2010 7:38 AM
Sorry to say, I strongly disagree with both you and Dave. I think the suits look amazingly unique and very finely detailed. The contours and grove lines in the suit and even in Sam's helmet when v iewed up close are very close to the shape and contours of the suits in the original film, the underlying body suit is a pattern semi-glossy hexagons nicely compliment the body armor pieces. While the suit may lack glowing circuit patterns, the real electroluminecent trace lines that do light up and when seens front on and from the back do evoke a a simple, but still elegant glowing circuit trace pattern. The suit over all is very much in-line with many of Syd Mead's sleek, early concept designs for the suits and armor of the digital warriors he has drawn. Even the design of Rinzler is seemingly very inspired by some of the digital warrior concept art from "Tron 3.0" as was posted in this thread.

I see nothing "generic" or "bland" about them. I admire the amazing design work that Neville Page put into the suits and the outfits of the players in the games, the Iso's cyber-punk urban wear style suits,and the silver and white suits of the other factions of Programs. They all look outstanding to me. Could they maybe of had a few more glowing circuit patterns? maybe... But only so many batteries can be fit into the battery pack on the back of each suit.

High res, Digital rotoscoping (having to be doubled for 3-D) I think would of taken longer and cost even more. Tron Legacy might not of come out until 2012 if they did that I think.
Perhaps in the sequel to Tron Legacy, with a bit more to the budget and a bit more time given for VFX and CGI the suits will be a bit updated with a few more glowing details perhaps. I understand that the new suits may seem a bit too different from Jean Giraud's designs, and are lacking in glowing circuit patterns.

But those may of clashed a bit with the somewhat "dark" overtone of The Grid and it's current situation in the film... Maybe once "The Grid" is freed, it may be transformed to a more bright, glowing wonderland with Programs that have more glowing circuit traces upon them...perhaps.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, November, 18, 2010 9:20 AM
I'd expect nothing less from ShadowDragon.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

ShadowDragon1
User

on Thursday, November, 18, 2010 11:03 AM
I was just giving my opinion and my point of view on it. Not saying or implying other's can't give their opinion. I can understand some of why a person may not like the new suits... Just expressing my view on the suits is all. Nothing more. Peace, man.

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, November, 18, 2010 11:35 AM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:I was just giving my opinion and my point of view on it. Not saying or implying other's can't give their opinion. I can understand some of why a person may not like the new suits... Just expressing my view on the suits is all. Nothing more. Peace, man.

Nor am I saying you can't state yours. I just know that it's always going to be the far opposite side is all. We appear to be polar opposites for the most part.

DaveTRON

typicaltronname
User

on Thursday, March, 31, 2011 1:26 AM
Interesting designs, there are a good amount of similarities, though.

I for one, am glad 3.0 wasn't made.

Something about Tron jumping into the future just seems off to me. Tron is futuristic enough, if you ask me.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

CorrupTron
User

on Thursday, March, 31, 2011 5:21 PM
3.0 looks too Star Warsy and by that I mean Prequel Star Warsy.

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 3.0 vs Evolution