TRON: Evolution 
 NYCC TRON: Evolution Pics and Stuff

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
GameKraze
User

on Monday, October, 11, 2010 1:59 PM
Surfing the web for TRON: Evolution and found this.... check it out.

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-news/video-games/nycc-disneys-tron-evolution-panel-spoilers/

After viewing this, my confidence in this game has skyrocketed.

End of Line.

TRON.dll
User

RE: NYCC TRON: Evolution Pics and Stuff

on Monday, October, 11, 2010 2:44 PM
Awesome article, thanks!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

CaptainCR
User

on Monday, October, 11, 2010 3:37 PM
friggin awesome article!!!!
and even more awesome screen shots!
they are really gonna help me with some artwork i have been working on..

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

CaptainCR
User

on Monday, October, 11, 2010 3:59 PM
awesome:

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

GameKraze
User

on Monday, October, 11, 2010 4:11 PM
CaptainCR Wrote:awesome:

Yeah, I know. I'm so happy knowing that the versions I'm getting is different from each other.

IsoLine
User

on Tuesday, October, 12, 2010 4:11 AM
LoL....That pic of Radia looks like Arcana from "Spartakus and The Sun Beneath The Sea" cartoon.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, October, 12, 2010 5:15 PM

Hmm, some of the information on that page is actually a bit questionable in accuracy.

The team then went on to discuss various elements of the TRON Universe beginning with the color palette. In the original film, you were pretty much either blue or red, but by the time TRON: Legacy hits the screens, there’s a rainbow assortment of trim colors as easily spotted in the trailer. As with the original film, each color means something different and they are gradually added into the TRON timeline as events occur. Although they declined to mention specifics at the panel regarding the colors, I dare mention that many of them represent different factions that have built up in the Universe as a result of the ongoings.
That's bull. If anything, compared to what we've seen so far of Legacy/Evolution, the original Tron film had just as much color variation. If not more so. There were all sorts of programs with various colors, and the landscapes were also a rainbow of colors. Not to mention Tron 2.0, which went into greater depth defining the different factions and their colors.

The player takes on the role of Anon (that’s short for Anomaly)

Radia comes from the world of the ISOs and can tap into the system. She is the world’s historian, aware of every event that has ever happened, and can even see into the immediate future.
This sounds like shades of the Oracle from The Matrix . . .

we meet our first virus in the form of Abraxus
Simple typo, but would've been nice if the author got this right.

Overall a good article, but I don't think whoever wrote it did all their homework.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

gkarris
User

on Sunday, October, 17, 2010 11:07 PM
GameKraze Wrote:Surfing the web for TRON: Evolution and found this.... check it out.

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-news/video-games/nycc-disneys-tron-evolution-panel-spoilers/

End of Line.

A slight upgrade - from the Intellivision versions... I guess...

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

CaptainCR
User

on Sunday, October, 17, 2010 11:33 PM
gkarris Wrote:
GameKraze Wrote:Surfing the web for TRON: Evolution and found this.... check it out.

End of Line.

A slight upgrade - from the Intellivision versions... I guess...

i honestly don't see what some "tron fans'" problems are with the new game

Traahn
User

on Sunday, October, 17, 2010 11:49 PM
Some Tron fans may just see room for improvement.

Much of the graphics and effects, including weapon effects, make it look like this game is on par with games that came out maybe or 10 years ago. Not looking too impressive from a technical, creative, or design standpoint. I'll enjoy at least my first playthrough, exploring the universe. Beyond that, since this game isn't really meshing well with my personal tastes for games, I fear I won't get much replayability out of this title. Maybe it'll surprise me, so let's check back in after I've played it, but it sounded like you were genuinely curious now, so I'm sharing.

What types of games don't you like, CaptainCR? Surely you can't like every game that's ever made. What graphics were you impressed with 5 years ago, but are no longer impressed by them? What game developers are you not impressed with? Now imagine Tron Evolution was fitting that mold, and was being made by the developer that hasn't impressed you in the past. That's why some Tron fans aren't completely on-board with how this is shaping up to be.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

ShadowDragon1
User

on Monday, October, 18, 2010 12:59 AM
IMO it's unfortunate that some people (not refering too or addressing anyone one specific) are prematurely, negatively pre-judging the game way too soon without having played the finished game and experiencing the storyline that the game presents.

Visually I think the game looks excellent and seems to have solid gameplay (i dont mind that it's derivative of the Prince of Persia games in some ways).

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Traahn
User

on Monday, October, 18, 2010 10:51 AM
True, not usually good to pre-judge... just being honest on what we've seen, though.

These aren't just early screenshots or concept art... this is near-final gameplay we're seeing. And I played some of the game at SDCC and wasn't overly impressed. Even though it was an earlier build of the game there, I got a sense for it. And I get a sense through these videos. Surely, you can get a feel for what it would be like by watching the vids, right?

If I remember correctly, I think you maybe pre-judged Clash of the Titans based on the 300-esque trailers and uninspired Kraaken before ever seeing it. Or pre-judged a list of '80s movie remakes, or movies-to-be, before seeing anything on them? So I'm hoping you can maybe relate at least a smidgen...order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

CaptainCR
User

on Monday, October, 18, 2010 1:05 PM
clearly nobody has looked at my post in the other thread sooo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxmZ9gSjDZw

GameKraze
User

on Monday, October, 18, 2010 1:53 PM
CaptainCR Wrote:clearly nobody has looked at my post in the other thread sooo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxmZ9gSjDZw

Sweet vid, man. Thanks!

ShadowDragon1
User

on Monday, October, 18, 2010 3:40 PM
1) there's a difference between what are movie re-makes of some 80's tv show or 80's movie that has *no* involvement from the original writers/actors/director, where the remake nearly entirely scraps the *lore* of the original film/tv show, and adds in really cheesy material or greatly alters the characters way too much.

IMO a videogame that being made by people that actually love the original film TRON, whom visited the set of Tron Legacy and incorperated many elements of the TL into Tron Evolution, they *get* Tron, respect the lore of the Tron universe. Heck they even incorperated 90o angle turns for the Light Cycles...

The developer didn't twist things to make Tron himself some cocky a**h**** with a shaven head, or give Quorra blonde hair and make her a vapid bimbo, and neither did they make the "Tron World" look like wheat and corn filled fields with farms and wood cabins with speeding around "Light Cows." They didn't make Kevin Flynn some 14 yr old hipster cowboy with black hair, two revolvers riding a white horse while a slim witman tune plays in the background and call the game "Tron: Blue Bad Bart Redemption".
There's basing something on established lore and *respecting it*, and then there's basterdization. It's ill conceived basterdization in some of these remakes that I think is really really ridicuolous.

Stuff like the remake of Clash of the Titan's which I had saw a pre-release screening of some time ago, and it showed me that it *didn't* respect the *lore* of the original and that it twisted and misrepresented major elements of ancient Greek lore.

2) the DEMO of T:E at SDCC 2010 was the training section of the game and not the full game.
I thought that while it seemed a little "rough" in some ways, but it seemed was going in the right direction. Reports from NYCC and PAX which had a newer demo based on a closer to finished build of the game, well those reports have for the most part been very positive from what I've read. It looks like the game is shaping up to be a pretty good, solid game.

But for gamers that don't like Prince of Persia type gameplay, I think they aren't really going to enjoy it. Just like I find Halo series, CoD games. and Modern Warfare games to me are very unimpressive, uninteresting, and bore me out of my mind when I try to play them!
The best FPS type games ive played have been the Metroid Prime games, Tron 2.0 and although I haven't played it, I hear Bioshock is really good.
I enjoyed PoP: Warrior Within, and T:E reminds me of that so i find the gameplay fun, and the Light Cycle and tank sections help switch things up it seems.

When I refer to people that pre-judge the Tron Evolution, I am for the most part talking about those that see the latest trailers which IMO show amazing look sections of the game, and what are IMO great looking visuals, and some of the polished up gameplay and yet still say " this sh** sucks" or " game = sh** " or "this sucks because Disney made it" etc etc, like they know for certain the game is "aweful", like Uwe Boll himself was making some low-budget shovelware tie-in thrown together in a month. Which IMO T:E isn't.

It's fine if the gameplay isn't one's "cup o' tea", but dang, these guys have been developing this game for about 2 years, and it sure seems like they are pushing to make a really good, solid game.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

GameKraze
User

on Monday, October, 18, 2010 9:16 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:1) there's a difference between what are movie re-makes of some 80's tv show or 80's movie that has *no* involvement from the original writers/actors/director, where the remake nearly entirely scraps the *lore* of the original film/tv show, and adds in really cheesy material or greatly alters the characters way too much.

IMO a videogame that being made by people that actually love the original film TRON, whom visited the set of Tron Legacy and incorperated many elements of the TL into Tron Evolution, they *get* Tron, respect the lore of the Tron universe. Heck they even incorperated 90o angle turns for the Light Cycles...

The developer didn't twist things to make Tron himself some cocky a**h**** with a shaven head, or give Quorra blonde hair and make her a vapid bimbo, and neither did they make the "Tron World" look like wheat and corn filled fields with farms and wood cabins with speeding around "Light Cows." They didn't make Kevin Flynn some 14 yr old hipster cowboy with black hair, two revolvers riding a white horse while a slim witman tune plays in the background and call the game "Tron: Blue Bad Bart Redemption".
There's basing something on established lore and *respecting it*, and then there's basterdization. It's ill conceived basterdization in some of these remakes that I think is really really ridicuolous.

Stuff like the remake of Clash of the Titan's which I had saw a pre-release screening of some time ago, and it showed me that it *didn't* respect the *lore* of the original and that it twisted and misrepresented major elements of ancient Greek lore.

2) the DEMO of T:E at SDCC 2010 was the training section of the game and not the full game.
I thought that while it seemed a little "rough" in some ways, but it seemed was going in the right direction. Reports from NYCC and PAX which had a newer demo based on a closer to finished build of the game, well those reports have for the most part been very positive from what I've read. It looks like the game is shaping up to be a pretty good, solid game.

But for gamers that don't like Prince of Persia type gameplay, I think they aren't really going to enjoy it. Just like I find Halo series, CoD games. and Modern Warfare games to me are very unimpressive, uninteresting, and bore me out of my mind when I try to play them!
The best FPS type games ive played have been the Metroid Prime games, Tron 2.0 and although I haven't played it, I hear Bioshock is really good.
I enjoyed PoP: Warrior Within, and T:E reminds me of that so i find the gameplay fun, and the Light Cycle and tank sections help switch things up it seems.

When I refer to people that pre-judge the Tron Evolution, I am for the most part talking about those that see the latest trailers which IMO show amazing look sections of the game, and what are IMO great looking visuals, and some of the polished up gameplay and yet still say " this sh** sucks" or " game = sh** " or "this sucks because Disney made it" etc etc, like they know for certain the game is "aweful", like Uwe Boll himself was making some low-budget shovelware tie-in thrown together in a month. Which IMO T:E isn't.

It's fine if the gameplay isn't one's "cup o' tea", but dang, these guys have been developing this game for about 2 years, and it sure seems like they are pushing to make a really good, solid game.
I feel you, man. But the way I see things is if I buy this and its awesome, and others won't even give it the light of day just because of blah, blah, blah,... then that is their lose. I don't try to justify my gaming choices to others, not anymore. But yeah on the lighter side, this game is totally going to rock.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

CaptainCR
User

on Monday, October, 18, 2010 11:37 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:1) there's a difference between what are movie re-makes of some 80's tv show or 80's movie that has *no* involvement from the original writers/actors/director, where the remake nearly entirely scraps the *lore* of the original film/tv show, and adds in really cheesy material or greatly alters the characters way too much.

Amen brotha

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, October, 19, 2010 12:32 AM
Ahh, good, SD1, you're not referring to me then. I don't have a foregone conclusion that the game will be awful. I just have a feeling it won't be one of my favorite games to play. As for the lore of T:L versus the original, there are some things that weren't respected... but fortunately, there is a lot they did respect. I'm thankful for that.

But for gamers that don't like Prince of Persia type gameplay, I think they aren't really going to enjoy it.
I would fall into that category. But I still plan to buy it at launch, mainly because it is a new Tron world to explore, I kind've want to visit the places we'll see in the movie... and to fill in the story gaps between Tron and T:L. I look forward to exploring and seeing what's there... experiencing the universe firsthand. Bouncing off of walls, jumping 20 feet in the air and having wave after wave of guys come at me, however, are not the parts I'm particularly looking forward to.

I'm not sure I want to play it before watching the movie. Do I want to risk having some of the cool places in the movie spoiled by seeing them in the game first?

What is everyone's plans? Playing the game before seeing the movie? If so, are you worried it might spoil some areas, characters or other things you would otherwise experience for the first time during the film? For example, I like the pure energy source pool area in Tron. Tranquil. Unique. If we had seen it in a video game before seeing in the movie, running there from a different part of a contiguous "level", would that have spoiled a bit of the wonder and solitude that's felt there? Sometimes I don't like the dots connected... sometimes I want my imagination to connect the dots.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Tuesday, October, 19, 2010 4:55 AM
I hope my Nvidia GeForce 8600GT and 1 gig of Ram are enough to run the game. I can upgrade RAM if needed.

I'm thinking I might run into trouble if I have to buy another graphics card, since the 8600 GT only has 256 MB (video memory) I worry that it may not be enough to run Tron Evolution.

I'm unsure what better Graphics card I could get that's cheap, doesn't use two slots and doesn't require me to buy and install a new Power supply...

I have a PCI-E x16 slot with the 8600GT in it now. Any recommendations would really help...on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

GameKraze
User

on Tuesday, October, 19, 2010 7:43 AM
Traahn Wrote:Ahh, good, SD1, you're not referring to me then. I don't have a foregone conclusion that the game will be awful. I just have a feeling it won't be one of my favorite games to play. As for the lore of T:L versus the original, there are some things that weren't respected... but fortunately, there is a lot they did respect. I'm thankful for that.

But for gamers that don't like Prince of Persia type gameplay, I think they aren't really going to enjoy it.
I would fall into that category. But I still plan to buy it at launch, mainly because it is a new Tron world to explore, I kind've want to visit the places we'll see in the movie... and to fill in the story gaps between Tron and T:L. I look forward to exploring and seeing what's there... experiencing the universe firsthand. Bouncing off of walls, jumping 20 feet in the air and having wave after wave of guys come at me, however, are not the parts I'm particularly looking forward to.

I'm not sure I want to play it before watching the movie. Do I want to risk having some of the cool places in the movie spoiled by seeing them in the game first?

What is everyone's plans? Playing the game before seeing the movie? If so, are you worried it might spoil some areas, characters or other things you would otherwise experience for the first time during the film? For example, I like the pure energy source pool area in Tron. Tranquil. Unique. If we had seen it in a video game before seeing in the movie, running there from a different part of a contiguous "level", would that have spoiled a bit of the wonder and solitude that's felt there? Sometimes I don't like the dots connected... sometimes I want my imagination to connect the dots.
Me, I will play the game once it comes out. It was said that it will not spoil the movie. As long as the plot or ending isn't going to be shown in-game, I'm good to play through. I see 'playing the game before' as getting deeper into the story just right before you finish off with the main course.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution