New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
KiaPurity
User

Tron Legacy costume design

on Monday, November, 08, 2010 11:36 PM
Alriiiight, a good deal of you guys may have already seen this:

So I've adapted the classic circuity to this:

I am debating on if I should go with a short jacket (long sleeves) or a short vest with separate sleeves-- but I am currently leaning towards the jacket idea. x_X

***Great, I can't resize the first image properly with BBcode because it decides that it's a html code or something ***

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

KiaPurity
User

RE: Tron Legacy costume design

on Monday, November, 08, 2010 11:37 PM
*boots this to the first page and aughs at the image*

Testing with color

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, November, 09, 2010 12:18 AM
Adding Jacket and Vest test doodles done in photoshop

(Personally, I'm leaning towards the jacket-- partially inspired by Tron: The Betrayal and Tron Evolution.)

neomanga
User

on Tuesday, November, 09, 2010 1:16 AM
I think that both the jacket and vested sleve looks go well either way. The jacket gives your character a more laid back look, as if she was about to visit the End of Line Club. While on the other hand, the vest and sleeves give her a bit more of a fighter's type look, like quorra in the scenes we've seen her in. But that doesn't mean that the looks can't be interchangable with different activities.

But I'm also liking the full jacket as well personally, and just as a suggestion, what if she was just wearing the vest with out the sleeves?

C:/N4M3LE5S
User

on Tuesday, November, 09, 2010 2:05 AM

Halloween was last monthon line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, November, 09, 2010 3:25 AM
How many days ago was it? U know, maybe she's planning for Tron Legacy premiere, or next Halloween, or cosplay conventions like she's done before, or just for fun.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, November, 09, 2010 12:15 PM
Yeah, it's for TL premeire(sp?)... and I was planning on going with classic circuity but realized I was running out of time so I decided to go for TL version which I was designing fr about two or three hours yesterday?

I'm planning on making both the jacket and the vest

neomanga
User

on Tuesday, November, 09, 2010 1:41 PM
Wait, this is a costume design? Haha, I'm sorry, I thought it was a character design, my bad. But, that is actually a good costume design. And considering you'll be wearing this for the premier, go with the Jacket, It may be cold in the theatre and you can always take the jacket off if needed easier then a vest and sleeves. But both items will be cool to see once you are done.

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, November, 09, 2010 10:38 PM
Yep. The problem is the lighting for circuity.

Glow in dark paint would be the eaisest choice for me.
Silver thinks I should do EL tape but lol I don't know how to soldier stuff and I am not sure where I would put the battery pack D:
Reflective tape is another possiblity but I'm still researching on all the possiblities!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

KiaPurity
User

on Thursday, November, 11, 2010 10:41 PM
Looks like it's going to be EL Tape but it seems that almost all places are sold out of them (ha ha ha, oh Tron Legacy.)

Got any alternative ideas, everyone? :X

HooDooMan
User

on Thursday, November, 11, 2010 11:01 PM
Kia,

I love your design! I think it's going to look fantastic! If you're looking for blue EL tape, have you tried Glowhut.com? Here's the link:

http://www.glowhut.com
I'm not sure if they can offer custom cut ready-made pieces for you, but you can email them to find out.

Another site you might want to look at is http://www.electroluminescence-inc.com. They offer a custom cuttable EL sheet that you can cut with scissors to just about any shape (or strip) you want as long as you leave two leads exposed. They do offer custom services, but I don't know how much they charge.

Well, I hope that helps. Good luck on getting it put together. I'm sure it's going to look awesome! abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, November, 17, 2010 11:47 PM
Thanks!

I've been looking for EL tape locally but no such luck, looks like it's TO THE INTERNETS for EL stuff now.

I already have the fingerless gloves and boots. Although, I have plenty of knit fabric for jacket/vest/separate sleeves, just that I haven't gotten my unitard in to really figure things out @_@where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

MCPcomputer
User

on Thursday, November, 18, 2010 1:10 AM

Wow that is a great costume Kia!
I wish you were going to the same Premier I was!
I'm only going to have a Tron Shirt and a home made
Identity Disc.

I sure hope there are a lot of BabeTron's when I go see the movie!
We need more Babe Tron's in the world!

End of Lineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Compucore
User

on Thursday, November, 18, 2010 2:02 AM
Looks good to me Kia. When you drew them by hand did you use a digital tablet like what Sketch has to do it on the computer itself or just scan it in via a scanner itself. And use like GIMP or Adobe Photoshop to clolour it in afterwards?

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

KiaPurity
User

on Monday, November, 22, 2010 6:35 PM
Pencil, scanned in, colored with photoshop XP

I got my unitard in (woot) and picked up the pattern I'm using for my jacket so the work will begin.

So, I guess that means I have to start ordering the EL stuff now :P

Traahn
User

on Monday, November, 22, 2010 8:00 PM
I got two EL Wire 10-foot coils from BeWild.com (through Amazon) and I would like to leave my review here: BeWild's product sucked. A waste of $30. I might suggest avoiding BeWild's EL Wire until they figure things out. I'd be careful about any EL product they have. http://www.bewild.com/newpoeleledl.html

They were pretty cool for the 15 total minutes each worked. Not nearly as long as I was thinking they would last.

I had blue and orange. Blue started getting these weird black imperfections in the glow (after only like 10 minutes of use) which got worse and worse very quickly, literally as the seconds and minutes passed. Then in gently fidgeting with the wire near the power module, the wire there broke entirely. CHEAP! I couldn't re-splice, either, because the wires were so thin. So I then switched to orange/red. (I thought I ordered red, but it looks orange. Maybe I ordered orange.) At any rate, the orange worked fine for a while... no black splotches... but then it just died on me after 15-20 minutes of total use.

Not only that, but each of the power modules eminated this high-pitched (annoying) electrical whine/hum. Very easily audible in my home. Probably not as noticeable outdoors with ambient noise around.

My experience was with EL Wire, not sheets. But before you go all out with stitching that stuff in, make sure you find good, reliable, long-lasting EL sheets... if any exist. I was stitching the blue wire into a shirt, only to have it start failing literally half-way through stitching it in. I didn't think it would get worse, but it progressively did. By the time I was done, the glow looked awful. So that's when I tried messing with the wire and it popped out of the wire sheating that was holding it in near the power module. So I gently pulled the entire EL wire out of the stitching and slid the orange one in its place (yeah, my stitching wasn't very good so I could do this, THANKFULLY).

After my experiences, I recommend designing an exit strategy so if you ever need to replace your EL sheet designs after it has been stitched in, you can easily do so without ruining your clothes and without having to re-stitch everything again.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

KiaPurity
User

on Monday, November, 22, 2010 8:07 PM
Noted, thank you for the warning. I'm gonna be using glowhut.com for now.

ETA: Silver gave me a better idea of how to do the chest-- instead of a solid design, a segmented version like this:

ETA, part two: Ordered EL tape from glowhut, gonna start making the jacket this week.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, November, 24, 2010 11:06 PM
Silver and I are still talking about figuring out how to get the disc mounted onto the back of the jacket in such a manner that it'd be easily removable.

Still gonna be a while, phew x_x

ctellis156
User

on Friday, November, 26, 2010 10:53 AM
for easy removal you could get some of that self adhesive(peel and stick) strips of velcro in black. cut a piece to attacth to a black spot on the disk and the other on your back. Possibly with just a couple tiny stitches into the back to hold that one on better

KiaPurity
User

on Saturday, November, 27, 2010 10:36 AM
I'm just worried that the disc might be too heavy for the velcro since I'm using the deluxe disc (lights up) considering it's much smaller and would fit on my back better than the other one. x_Xabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art 
 Tron Legacy costume design