TRON: Evolution 
 Evolution for XP?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
ShadowSpark
User

Evolution for XP?

on Saturday, November, 20, 2010 2:07 AM
Any idea if it's going to come out for Windows XP? Or will I have to upgrade to Vista or 7?where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

RE: Evolution for XP?

on Saturday, November, 20, 2010 5:24 AM

The game will work on XP as well. Disney and Propaganda would be crazy not to do that, at this point in time.

XP still has a couple of years to go before most people switch to a later version of Windows.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

cirlin
User

on Saturday, November, 20, 2010 9:48 AM
According to the D2D website:
------------------------------------------------------------------
TRON: Evolution Download Minimum System Requirements

* Microsoft® Windows® 7 / Vista® SP2 / XP® SP3
* 3.0 GHz Intel® Pentium® D processor or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 3800+ or equivalent processor
* 1.5 GB RAM (Windows® 7 / Vista®) / 1.0 GB RAM (Windows XP®)
* 10 GB free hard drive space
* 256 MB DirectX® 9.0c-compliant, 3D video card supporting Shaders 3.0 (NVIDIA® 8800 GT or higher, ATI Radeon™ HD 3870 or higher)
* 16-bit DirectX® 9.0c-compatible sound card
* DirectX® 9.0c (included)
* Internet connection
--------------------------------------------------------------------
So XP should be fine.

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, November, 20, 2010 10:34 AM
Nice.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Compucore
User

on Sunday, November, 28, 2010 3:38 PM
Well there goes my main rig. I would have to shut down one of my servers to get it to work for the game. But none of my video cards are half height cards for the computer itself. Since it si a small form factor dell that I have over here.

cirlin Wrote:According to the D2D website:

* 3.0 GHz Intel® Pentium® D processor or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 3800+ or equivalent processor
* 256 MB DirectX® 9.0c-compliant, 3D video card supporting Shaders 3.0 (NVIDIA® 8800 GT or higher, ATI Radeon™ HD 3870 or higher)
* Internet connection
So XP should be fine.
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Sunday, November, 28, 2010 4:16 PM
Great.. I hope I didn't just pre-order/purchase T:E from Best Buy for nothing... I haven't the funds to upgrade my PC with a new graphics card just to play 1 game.. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, November, 28, 2010 5:35 PM

@ShadowDragon: Wait . . . I thought you wanted to upgrade your card? What happened to that? Not that Evolution won't run on your 8600GT. It will. Just that a newer card would make it run a bit better.

Hell, do what I did . . . grab the Nvidia GT240. It's $40 after rebate. It's cheap, and performs better than a 9600GT. It also has low power consumption so it should work on your computer. Just make sure it's a DDR5 version of the card. Stay away from the DDR3 versions of the GT240.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130533

I didn't actually need to upgrade my card for Evolution. I had an ATI 3870 which would have run it just fine. In fact, the GT240 wasn't even an upgrade for me because it's not faster than the 3870.

I only grabbed it because: 1) It was dirt cheap with the rebate ($50 CDN for me), 2) I've never owned an Nvidia card before and wanted to see what it was like, 3) When I can afford it I'll upgrade to the card I really want (ATI 6870) and then use the GT240 as a dedicated Physx card.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Sunday, November, 28, 2010 8:29 PM
I hope i can run it at least on minimal settings.. I may get 1 GB of Ram as x-mas gift... but i can't afford a new graphics card just yet.

Maybe if I get employment again and can save up some, maybe...abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, November, 30, 2010 9:04 AM

Shadow, take a look at this . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3baq1snQNwY

That's someone running Batman: Arkham Asylum on an 8600GT at 1440x900 with all settings maxed, but anti-aliasing turned off. I believe he even has the same processor as you do, or at least close. The only difference is that he has more system memory. While more is always nice, 1GB is the requirement for Evolution.

Anyways, check out how well Batman runs. It uses the same Unreal engine as Evolution.

It's like I said before, your 8600GT is good enough for Evolution.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

ShadowSpark
User

on Thursday, December, 02, 2010 12:36 PM
cirlin Wrote:According to the D2D website:

* Internet connection
So XP should be fine.

So, if I get the PC game from Amazon.com ('cause the thing on there says the platform is Vista), it will work on XP? order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Tron Lives!

cirlin
User

on Thursday, December, 02, 2010 12:45 PM
That's what the specs say. And I've yet to find ANY new PC game that is not compatible with XP. In fact the only OS related problems I've been hearing about recently is Windows 7 having issues with older (i.e. 1 year or more ) games. Though Vista had it's share of issues in that regard as well. 7 was supposed to be better about it, but it sounds like it just introduced different problems.

I have XP and I'm not worried about it running on mine. If you like I can post if it works or not as soon as I install it on tuesday (Come on Amazon old buddy, don't fail me now!)

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, December, 02, 2010 12:53 PM

ShadowSpark Wrote:
So, if I get the PC game from Amazon.com ('cause the thing on there says the platform is Vista), it will work on XP?

Amazon is being stupid/lazy and not listing XP. (They're not listing Windows 7 either, for that matter.)

cirlin
User

on Thursday, December, 02, 2010 12:58 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

ShadowSpark Wrote:
So, if I get the PC game from Amazon.com ('cause the thing on there says the platform is Vista), it will work on XP?

Amazon is being stupid/lazy and not listing XP. (They're not listing Windows 7 either, for that matter.)

LOL. Yeah, I somehow doubt they specifically designed it to work on only one version of windows, and the 3 year old (4?) version at that

ShadowSpark
User

on Thursday, December, 02, 2010 10:13 PM
My dad suggests that I wait to get it until I read the reviews of others who play it on XP.

Tron Lives!

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, December, 04, 2010 3:09 AM

Amazon updated their page for Evolution to show that it works on XP and 7.

ShadowSpark
User

on Sunday, December, 05, 2010 2:33 AM
Will someone who gets it for XP please post a review here once they've played it? Dad says he won't let me get it 'til I've read the reviews.

Tron Lives!

cirlin
User

on Monday, December, 06, 2010 10:50 AM
I got the game a bit early, and it definitely works fine in XP. I've got a Geforce GTX 260 which is a fairly old card, and it runs pretty smoothly.
The only visual problem I'm having is that I haven't figured out how to force anti-aliasing yet. It's been really aggravating because I know the game can look great, but my eyes are just really bothered by all the jagged edges.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, December, 06, 2010 4:27 PM

I also got the game a little early, and I figured out how to get anti-aliasing working. Most Unreal engine game don't support AA by default, but it can be forced.

I'm also hearing that the game won't let you set the resolution higher than 1680x1050 without doing a tweak, which is idiotic. (But I can't check that because my current monitor is 1680x1050.)

I posted my findings here.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

cirlin
User

on Monday, December, 06, 2010 4:51 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

I also got the game a little early, and I figured out how to get anti-aliasing working. Most Unreal engine game don't support AA by default, but it can be forced.

I'm also hearing that the game won't let you set the resolution higher than 1680x1050 without doing a tweak, which is idiotic. (But I can't check that because my current monitor is 1680x1050.)

Thanks very much for the tips. I can't wait until I get home to try them out. The lack of AA has been driving me nuts.

I'm also glad you found the resolution entries. It's limiting me to something like 1260x845 or something (that's not the right numbers, but it's something weird that I've never used before. Normally I'm either 1440x960? or 1024x768). It'll be nice to get it to match my desktop resolution.

One thing I've really wanted to tweak is the camera though. It's not too bad, but it is often so far away from my character that I start to loose the intensity that being closer to the action gives me. I don't know how doable that is though as it seems to be a very dynamic camera that changes depending on the situation.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

cirlin
User

on Monday, December, 06, 2010 8:34 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

I have a question TronFAQ. I'm trying to adjust the .exe file used for the evolution profile from gridgamelauncher.exe to GridGame.exe but I keep getting the message "this application executable is already assigned to another profile!" Any idea what might be causing that?

I was previously working with Nhancer and messed around a bit (I imported a Bioshock 2 profile and assigned GridGame.exe to it, for instance) but have since uninstalled it and reinstalled the driver (though I did not delete the driver first).

Any ideas?
Thanks
---------------------------------------------------
Yay! I uninstalled/reinstalled the driver and that allowed me to select GridGame.exe. I entered in the AA compatibility number and was worried when it still didn't work, but then realized that the AA setting were not set. After that it finally started working. Woot!
Thanks so much for the tips.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 Evolution for XP?