Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 Anyone get Battle Grids for the Wii yet?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
TRON.dll
User

RE: Anyone get Battle Grids for the Wii yet?

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 7:11 PM
JamesTRON Wrote:
ctellis156 Wrote:as far as im aware u can only play locally in multi as in spit screen tv. i dont think it can multi play over the net, i havnet cracked into the game all the way yet even tho ive had it since day one but i think im right

This is correct - Battle Grids is built for local multiplayer, and there's no online multiplayer component to it. I work with Disney Interactive, and we built it from the ground up for local multiplayer - that's a big reason why the controls are so streamlined (so that anyone can jump in to the game without having to spend hours acclimating themselves to the controls). If anyone has any other questions about TRON: Evolution: Battle Grids, I'm happy to help answer them!

I noticed Toys R Us has a "Championship Edition" that includes Gibson's 3-wheeled light runner. Is there anything else in that version that's different from the standard version?

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

getaclu
User

on Friday, January, 14, 2011 1:43 AM
I love Battle Grids, it feels so much like both TRON films it's silly. Hyperball and Lightcycles are my absolute favorite games on it! I've wanted to play Hyperball since I first seen TRON so you can imagine how satisfied my inner fanboy is.

I started a discussion about the championship edition with the lead designer on youtube. Us Tron Wii fans should hound him for more cheats. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OotO71XAPFo

I also uploaded a 100% save for battle grids on Wiisave. You can change the name of the character, the gender, and the look if you desire. Download if you like, that is if you don't care about your own stats, but all 150 unlockables are available.

http://www.wiisave.com/index.php?dlid=4175

I've also been collecting cheat codes and submitting them to Gamefaqs.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/998127-tron-evolution-battle-grids/cheats

I'm dying for a code to be CLU for this!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TriggerEXE
User

on Saturday, January, 15, 2011 11:29 PM
I really enjoy playing hyperball and light cycle racing myself. Thats really cool that you started a discussion with the lead designer. I hope there are more than just the two codes for it. So far, that's all I've seen. Seems like there should be more.

"The dark can embrace the light, but never eclipse it."

Compucore
User

on Saturday, January, 15, 2011 11:58 PM
Will there be a book eventually for Tron Evolution for all the systems combined. So that way it would be complete for PC, Wii, PS/3/ XBox 360 as well? Would be cool to see the difference between the consoles and the pc version as well. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Compucore
User

on Saturday, January, 15, 2011 11:58 PM
Will there be a book eventually for Tron Evolution for all the systems combined. So that way it would be complete for PC, Wii, PS/3/ XBox 360 as well? Would be cool to see the difference between the consoles and the pc version as well.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

getaclu
User

on Sunday, January, 16, 2011 5:24 AM
what would make the Wii version even more fun than it is, is if it had both versions of CLU, a staduim light cycle arena with the spiral track like in LEGACY, The upside-down disc battle level that SAM fights ....ahem..... RINZLER in, and a secret LIGHT JET level where you could dog fight with the single man light jet, the 3 man light jet, and CLU's special one man light jet!

Not that I'm complaining about the game in any way! I love it!

Compucore
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 7:32 PM

I think that is already in there somewhere. I remember seeing it when I played it the other day. Let me take a look at the name they called it over here. I do remember I had unlocked it here when playing it about a 2week or so ago over here. Its the same one that looked like in the movie itself for the light cycles.

getaclu Wrote:what would make the Wii version even more fun than it is, is if it had both versions of CLU, a staduim light cycle arena with the spiral track like in LEGACY, The upside-down disc battle level that SAM fights ....ahem..... RINZLER in, and a secret LIGHT JET level where you could dog fight with the single man light jet, the 3 man light jet, and CLU's special one man light jet!

Not that I'm complaining about the game in any way! I love it!

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

recognizerpilot
User

on Tuesday, January, 18, 2011 2:18 AM
I am seriously contemplating purchasing this, we don't use the Wii enough and my fiancee seems keen to get into disk wars in oe way or another, she has been known to play the iPhone light cycle app on occasion also.

So, in terms of disk wars and hyperball, is it button-based or does the motion-sensing for which Wii is so popular come into play? Playing Evolution (and when watching Legacy) I felt a massive urge to play a TRON game where you actually use the controller something like a disk, or maybe even a Kinect title (although I thing a remote/Move wand would work better).

I will have to do some research and watch gameplay footage, read reviews etc. I am still loving Evolution and finding it a great challenge that I WANT to beat, rather than give up.

Zac in NZ

getaclu
User

on Tuesday, January, 18, 2011 6:54 AM
recognizerpilot Wrote:I am seriously contemplating purchasing this, we don't use the Wii enough and my fiancee seems keen to get into disk wars in oe way or another, she has been known to play the iPhone light cycle app on occasion also.

So, in terms of disk wars and hyperball, is it button-based or does the motion-sensing for which Wii is so popular come into play? Playing Evolution (and when watching Legacy) I felt a massive urge to play a TRON game where you actually use the controller something like a disk, or maybe even a Kinect title (although I thing a remote/Move wand would work better).

I will have to do some research and watch gameplay footage, read reviews etc. I am still loving Evolution and finding it a great challenge that I WANT to beat, rather than give up.

Hyperball is done with motion. You have to flick the Wii remote up to launch the ball at the ceiling grid. You can twist the Wii remote left or right to angle the ball off the ceiling. The A button and B buttons put forward and backspin on the ball after it hits the ceiling. To walk around you move the Nunchuks stick. To catch the ball in your scoop you use A or B. Note> (Do not play this without the nunchuck or with movement assist on, you'll never catch the ball!) This feels just like the first TRON film and is the only game to have it!

Lightcycles is also done with motion. Think of the Wii remote as the baton they use in both films to rez the cycles. You hold just the Wiimote horizontally and tilt the mote to steer. You can use the cross pad to do 90 degree turns left or right, speed boost into a wheelie, and drift turn! Button 1 is the airbrakes and 2 is the gas pedal. There are several different bikes to use including ones used in LEGACY.

Disc Battles are fun as well, but there is no motion except a flick when you get a powerup to activate it. you can block with A and throw your disc with B. (Also use the nunchuk with this game) If you jump into the air you can hit A and B together to throw a bomb disc! You can run on walls, slide across the tops of tiles, and flip and twirl in the air like RINZLER, all while the level reforms into different configurations!

Light Runner is another fun one, where you can use different light runners to have a demolition derby with different weapons on your runner to derezz each other. This uses motion to turn like the light cycles. This feels alot like the game TWISTED METAL that was on playstation. Yes you can use the light runner from LEGACY!

Tanks plays pretty much how the original game did in the arcade. The twist is you can use the Wii remotes IR tracker to point at your target on screen and shoot. This is by far the most easiest game included in BATTLE GRIDS.

Then there are the races. You can race either cycles or runners, but you can't mix and match. The control scheme is the same with the 90 degree turns on the cycles being replaced by short cut-off walls to derezz racers behind you.

There is also the ability to play on teams in this game so you can have 4 people versus each other or 2 vs. 2 battles.

I play this game alot and still haven't gotten sick of it. It feels like TRON and TRON LEGACY, but the most important part is that it's fun!

For footage of each game just go to youtube and type in TRON BATTLE GRIDS, and then the name of the game you want to see footage for i.e. TRON BATTLE GRIDS HYPERBALL.

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, January, 18, 2011 8:14 AM
Adding to getaclu's post, concerning the light runners:

Toys R Us has a special Championship Edition that comes with an exclusive 3-wheeled light runner that is used by Gibson in the singleplayer story mode. It's the same price as the standard version and that is the only difference.

PSN - TRON-dll

gkarris
User

on Wednesday, March, 30, 2011 8:17 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:Adding to getaclu's post, concerning the light runners:

Toys R Us has a special Championship Edition that comes with an exclusive 3-wheeled light runner that is used by Gibson in the singleplayer story mode. It's the same price as the standard version and that is the only difference.

I just got a copy at Gamestop close-out ($20).

I saw at TRU about the "Championship Edition" - is the 3W-LR a download?

Thanks....

itom
User

on Wednesday, April, 20, 2011 10:30 PM
Walmart.com and Amazon currently has the Wii Battle Grids game for $15!

Just ordered!order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, April, 20, 2011 10:37 PM
gkarris Wrote:
TRON.dll Wrote:Adding to getaclu's post, concerning the light runners:

I just got a copy at Gamestop close-out ($20).

I saw at TRU about the "Championship Edition" - is the 3W-LR a download?

Thanks....

The game doesn't have any online connectivity, so I'm assuming it's on the disc.

PSN - TRON-dll

ety3rd
User

on Monday, April, 25, 2011 5:04 PM
I have an odd question: when I'm modifying my profile, I'm unable to choose certain colors (dark red, dark blue, etc.) for my armor. Why is that? Are they unlockable, too?

basserandstuff
User

on Thursday, June, 09, 2011 6:45 PM
After reading this thread, I might also be tempted to buy this game now. Definitely sounds interesting enough, just wasn't sure of the game play. Might still look up some videos first though. xD

nerdgirl1122
User

on Thursday, June, 09, 2011 6:53 PM
ety3rd Wrote:I have an odd question: when I'm modifying my profile, I'm unable to choose certain colors (dark red, dark blue, etc.) for my armor. Why is that? Are they unlockable, too?

Well, I think the darkened colors means that another profile on the disk already took that color so you can't choose it. I don't know WHY you can't choose the same color as another profile, but I guess you can't.

<3 Re-Rez RAM! <3
The inner mechanisms of my brain are an enigma.

aldul
User

on Friday, June, 17, 2011 2:53 PM
I've been having a lot of fun with this game. It has a bunch of arcade style games that only take a few minutes to play. It kind of reminds me of the original arcade game updated for home consoles. It's very different in looks and play from the PC Evolution game, so having both will give you two different experiences.

Edit: I'm about half way through story mode now. There is a lot of variety in the games. Lots of fun light cycle races, and grid bugs! The sets are more colorful and bright than Evolution. I'm really liking it!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 Anyone get Battle Grids for the Wii yet?