Collector 
 Custom Tron Legacy Figure Resource

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 41 PagesNextLast
Straker
User

on Thursday, December, 23, 2010 1:48 AM
So, I'm new here and I found this site because I love Tron and with the new film there are new toys. Thing is they aren't all they could be and I am working on customizing them to be without helmets and such. I did a little looking about and naturally people have the same idea. I have seen some amazing customs but I was wanting to make a resource thread where people can look up parts for their own customs and see how some of us did it.

Currently I'm starting with Sam Flynn. Now I haven't gotten far but I wanted to show my plans here for him and a few others. Sorry for the quality of the pictures i took, I usually don't try too hard with WIP's

Sam:

So I bought the figure and i have to say it's a good base toy. I removed the head and checked out his build quality and it's decent if not as refined.

A few fixes. One is the hands that hold the Identity Discs. They DON'T hold them very well or at least not enough to look natural. Well folks good news because the plastic is VERY responsive to heat and will soften and be remolded easily with the use of a hairdryer. Check it out:

MUCH better, yeah? I think this will work with any Tron Legacy figure including Rinzler. To do it, just put the hot dryer to it and place the disk in his hand and hold it in place with the fingers in the new shape and carefully put it under COLD water for a minute till the plastic cools off. Remember, plastic conducts temperatures poorly so don't stop applying heat or cold too soon or the plastic might just relax back into place. I've had this figure with the disc in place for the last 6 hours no problem.

The head...yeah still working on that one I had seen a few Star Wars figures used but I never though they had quite the right look to me. I'm going to raid my local Toys R Us for their Marvel DC Star Wars Star Trek and other 3 3/4" figures for a head. Hopefully I can find something before Christmas. I got 2 days to look.

Quorra.

I found THE perfect head i think in the Indiana Jones lineup with Irina Spalko.

Check it out:

Quorra:

Irina's figure:

She's even got the right HAIR! Well shape anyway. I think some black paint and less dramatic eyebrows and she'll look VERY close.

Still need to find a good head for Tron and Clu. Tron is easier I feel as he can have a slightly more neutral face and his hair is pretty basic but Clu for me will be a bit harder as Jeff Brides has a more...rounded off jaw. His hair is also very specific so that will have to be looked at more closely since I'd hate to have to resculpt him.

Anyway, this is my fist post here ever and I hope i can help some people find some good parts for customizing their figures a bit. Now come on guys! Join in and add to the resource!

Straker
User

RE: Custom Tron Legacy Figure Resource

on Thursday, December, 23, 2010 2:54 AM
Yeah she's going to need some work. the one I have looks actually pretty good. I think there was a slight variation in the paint applications depending on where it was made. What I mean is different factories. She'll need some black hair and eyebrows for sure as well as black for the eyeliner as well.

I DID find an alternative but her hair on one side is wrong as it's tucked behind her hear and she'll still need a repaint. Check this one out here: http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TLC/Evolutions/RebelPilots3/LC-423.jpg It's still not quite right but it's close.

As for Tron himself I have two choices. One being Wedge Antillies from this Star Wars Comic Pack:
http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCcomicpacks14.asp Though I think he doesn't look as set in the face or stern like Bruce can pull off as Tron.

And this figure of a random pilot from a Star Wars Evolutions pack:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TLC/Evolutions/RebelPilots2/TLC-2290.jpgThough I'm not liking how his hair looks.

Still looking though Rebel Scum's photo archives though to see what might work.

WildWill
User

on Thursday, December, 23, 2010 5:03 PM
I seem to recall that there's a custom 1/18th head maker somewhere around who has some nice resin heads that aren't too expensive...wish I could recall where though...

BlueTronWarrior
Sector Admin

on Thursday, December, 23, 2010 9:55 PM

Straker
User

on Friday, December, 24, 2010 12:30 AM
WildWill Wrote:I seem to recall that there's a custom 1/18th head maker somewhere around who has some nice resin heads that aren't too expensive...wish I could recall where though...

Yeah i had seen some but I didn't want to have to do all the painting myself. Still if you find out who it is and can supply a link then go for it! I'm sure someone will want to make use of it ^_^abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Straker
User

on Friday, December, 24, 2010 12:41 AM
BlueTronWarrior Wrote:Mine are here, posted back in Oct.

http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=388800

Oh those are VERY nice! I like the Corran Horn head you used for Tron. Not bad at all. Not as sure about the Clu head though. Love your paint work for the Tron figure BTW! One of the cleanest paint applications I've seen.

Now I've looked about and I think I found a head that will work OK for Sam Flynn.

http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/File:Marcuswright3.playmates.jpg
That's right! Marcus from Terminator Salvation. It's generic enough and with the exception of the hair might just be passable to Sam. Unfortunately he's actually GONE in stores so I'm going to have to order him. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

WildWill
User

on Friday, December, 24, 2010 12:50 AM
Try discounter stores like ROSS and TJ MAXX, I've seen Termiantor Salvation there, also some TRUs still have them.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Straker
User

on Friday, December, 24, 2010 2:37 AM
WildWill Wrote:Try discounter stores like ROSS and TJ MAXX, I've seen Termiantor Salvation there, also some TRUs still have them.

Yeah I did actually Ocean State Job Lots may be the last place to try but TX Maxx is dry as is Wal Mart, Target, and Newbury Comics and unfortunately Ross doesn't exist here in MA. Funny thing is that Toys R Us had the figure I wanted until recently but I guess Christmas managed to wipe them out. Oh well. I guess I should have tried all this sooner I'll have Sam at least finished after the New Year with Quorra to follow as soon as she arrives in the mail.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

CB2001
User

on Friday, December, 24, 2010 4:50 PM
WildWill Wrote:Try discounter stores like ROSS and TJ MAXX, I've seen Termiantor Salvation there, also some TRUs still have them.

If you happen to live in an area where there is a store called "Fred's", I know they have some "Terminator: Salvation" toys (I don't know if they've got any of the action figures, but I remember spotting some toys from when I first entered the store). I think "Big Lots" may have some too, but I can't be sure.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

GGemini
User

on Wednesday, December, 29, 2010 2:51 AM
Here are my custom Kevin, Sam (helmet-less) and Tron. Tron was based on BlueTronWarrior's version. Sam based on gridrunner's figure... and Kevin.. my own

Sinje
User

on Wednesday, December, 29, 2010 8:56 PM
hey just wondering how you went about putting the anakin head onto the body. been meaning to use the other anakin head but wasn't sure how i wanted to go about it so figured i'd have to ask =Dorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

griduser117
User

on Wednesday, December, 29, 2010 10:15 PM
wow whos heads are tron and samsorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

There are no problems only solutions

typicaltronname
User

on Wednesday, December, 29, 2010 10:16 PM
I think an old obi-wan would be better for Flynn. He had the white hair and the beard to boot, but I like this, myself.

Good work

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

typicaltronname
User

on Wednesday, December, 29, 2010 10:25 PM
Sounds like a better idea than mine, Tron Unit.

Hope to see some pictures of the end resultwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

gridrunner
User

on Thursday, December, 30, 2010 12:16 AM
GGemini Wrote:Here are my custom Kevin, Sam (helmet-less) and Tron. Tron was based on BlueTronWarrior's version. Sam based on gridrunner's figure... and Kevin.. my own

Awww. Thanks for the reference! I'm happy you saw the Sam in the Custom to the point to make your own. Great Custom work man!! I must follow suit and make a Kevin like yours! Your Tron rocks too! Way better than my first attempt.

ctellis156
User

on Thursday, December, 30, 2010 4:56 PM
funny how u claim the black flynn repaint as your idea, i posted one a couple weeks ago here that ive done, only diff is that i didnt do a cloth jacket

cirlin
User

on Thursday, December, 30, 2010 5:10 PM
ctellis156 Wrote:funny how u claim the black flynn repaint as your idea, i posted one a couple weeks ago here that ive done, only diff is that i didnt do a cloth jacket

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to come up with the idea of painting a character black.

GGemini
User

on Thursday, December, 30, 2010 6:38 PM
ctellis156 Wrote:funny how u claim the black flynn repaint as your idea, i posted one a couple weeks ago here that ive done, only diff is that i didnt do a cloth jacket

Just saw your custom too... well, there's another difference: my Kevin is not barefooted. I used the legs of a Sentry.

For reference, the cloth jacket is the cloak of an Emperor Palpatine (cut to look like a jacket). The white lines were made with white tape.

Looking forward to see the customs based on Obi-Wan abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

GGemini
User

on Thursday, December, 30, 2010 6:42 PM
Sinje Wrote:hey just wondering how you went about putting the anakin head onto the body. been meaning to use the other anakin head but wasn't sure how i wanted to go about it so figured i'd have to ask =D

The peg for the head in the Tron figures is smaller than the one used in the Star Wars figures, so I used modeling putty to fill the space. I put a bit of baby's oil on the peg so that the putty doesn't get stuck. That allows the head to turn.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

BlueTronWarrior
Sector Admin

on Thursday, December, 30, 2010 7:13 PM
Come on now guys, this thread was started as a reference for making custom figures, not to argue about who did what first. We'll all make figures as we see fit. Everyone's customs look good.

Page: of 41 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector