Collector 
 Custom Tron Legacy Figure Resource

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 41 PagesNextLast
ctellis156
User

RE: Custom Tron Legacy Figure Resource

on Thursday, December, 30, 2010 4:56 PM
funny how u claim the black flynn repaint as your idea, i posted one a couple weeks ago here that ive done, only diff is that i didnt do a cloth jacket

cirlin
User

on Thursday, December, 30, 2010 5:10 PM
ctellis156 Wrote:funny how u claim the black flynn repaint as your idea, i posted one a couple weeks ago here that ive done, only diff is that i didnt do a cloth jacket

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to come up with the idea of painting a character black.

GGemini
User

on Thursday, December, 30, 2010 6:38 PM
ctellis156 Wrote:funny how u claim the black flynn repaint as your idea, i posted one a couple weeks ago here that ive done, only diff is that i didnt do a cloth jacket

Just saw your custom too... well, there's another difference: my Kevin is not barefooted. I used the legs of a Sentry.

For reference, the cloth jacket is the cloak of an Emperor Palpatine (cut to look like a jacket). The white lines were made with white tape.

Looking forward to see the customs based on Obi-Wan

GGemini
User

on Thursday, December, 30, 2010 6:42 PM
Sinje Wrote:hey just wondering how you went about putting the anakin head onto the body. been meaning to use the other anakin head but wasn't sure how i wanted to go about it so figured i'd have to ask =D

The peg for the head in the Tron figures is smaller than the one used in the Star Wars figures, so I used modeling putty to fill the space. I put a bit of baby's oil on the peg so that the putty doesn't get stuck. That allows the head to turn.

BlueTronWarrior
Sector Admin

on Thursday, December, 30, 2010 7:13 PM
Come on now guys, this thread was started as a reference for making custom figures, not to argue about who did what first. We'll all make figures as we see fit. Everyone's customs look good.

Thinktank
User

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 1:26 AM
I heard Tamiya acryllic paints do well on these toys.
Any advice?

"People in this world look at things mistakenly,
and think that what they do not understand
must be the void.

This is not the true void. It is bewilderment...”

Niten Doraku / [ Miyamoto Musashi ]

Straker
User

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 6:57 PM
CB2001 Wrote:
WildWill Wrote:Try discounter stores like ROSS and TJ MAXX, I've seen Termiantor Salvation there, also some TRUs still have them.

If you happen to live in an area where there is a store called "Fred's", I know they have some "Terminator: Salvation" toys (I don't know if they've got any of the action figures, but I remember spotting some toys from when I first entered the store). I think "Big Lots" may have some too, but I can't be sure.

Nope, no Fred's I'm afraid

Straker
User

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 6:59 PM

Straker
User

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 7:11 PM
OH! And while I'm at it someone here asked about Tamaya Colors paint. I've usd some of their paint here and there and for a flesh tone base they have some great paint however some of the primary colors have a hard time hardening enough to be durable like the Testors paints. For this reason I try to use Testors paints more often as I fond them to be more durable.

Thinktank
User

on Friday, December, 31, 2010 7:59 PM
Thanks for the tip on testors acryllics.

"People in this world look at things mistakenly,
and think that what they do not understand
must be the void.

This is not the true void. It is bewilderment...”

Niten Doraku / [ Miyamoto Musashi ]

ender9492
User

on Saturday, January, 01, 2011 1:43 AM
I use the "Games Workshop" acrylic paints for all my custom figures. The local comic book shops in my area carry them. Plenty of colors and they work great!

++My Custom Figures++

Straker
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 8:33 AM

ender9492
User

on Sunday, January, 02, 2011 1:57 PM

++My Custom Figures++

Straker
User

on Monday, January, 03, 2011 10:41 PM
ender9492 Wrote:No worries. I just use the Games Workshop stuff because that is more abundant in my area than the testors stuff. I do have some testors acrylics though, and they do work well when i need them. They seem to be a bit harder to shake/mix than the GW ones though.
For those interested in what they look like, the GW paints can be found on their website here: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1095435&_requestid=9111
The paints are mainly used for Warhammer 40k, and other games of that sort, but they work great for figures. Here's a couple of examples of customs i've done with the paint:

And here's a preview of a couple of programs i'm working on...

Hey those look really nice! I like the new Programs there. Is that second one a custom Kevin with a sculpted hood? They look amazing so far!

ender9492
User

on Monday, January, 03, 2011 11:52 PM
Thanks! The program on the left is planned to be a virus, and the one on the right will be a hooded sentry (kind of a "Gibson" style character).

++My Custom Figures++

binaryzero
User

on Tuesday, January, 04, 2011 1:11 PM
for those really looking for a mess of options for custom legacy figures:

http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/
unless you're handy with a dremel what you're looking for is the 25th anniversary style joe heads. those are the kind that pop onto the ball of the spinmaster bodies.

i've been highly tempted to make a few likeness sculpts in zbrush, send em off to get 3d printed, then mold em up. problem is i know i'd want to make them availible to you guys, and how fast would spinmaster/disney come down on me? would they be as cool/tolerable with custom figure parts as marvel and dc has been?

Kuzeh
User

on Monday, January, 10, 2011 1:59 PM
Here are my customized figures, still work in progress:

First Kevin, using a SW Obi Wan Kenobi head...

Sam, using an Anakin Skywalker head:

And Quorra, using a SW EU Bultar Swan,

And the whole gang!!

Errex
User

on Monday, January, 10, 2011 3:46 PM
Excellent work so far!

The use of the Kenobi head is inspiring!

Looking forward to your finished figures.

ender9492
User

on Tuesday, January, 11, 2011 11:34 AM
Kuzeh,
I really like the lights/bases that you used to display your figures; How did you do it?

++My Custom Figures++

Kuzeh
User

on Tuesday, January, 11, 2011 3:13 PM

FirstPrevious Page: of 41 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 Custom Tron Legacy Figure Resource
You Are Not Online

Not Logged In