Collector 
 Custom Tron Legacy Figure Resource

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 41 PagesNextLast
Boba Fettuccini
User

RE: Custom Tron Legacy Figure Resource

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 2:55 AM
GGemini, do you think you could show some photos of the neck area on your custom maskless Tron? I want to see how you attached the head. I've read text tutorials and such, but I don't feel comfortable attempting things like that without a little visual aid.

-==[ www.boba-fettuccini.com ]==-

typicaltronname
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 4:50 PM
ender9492 Wrote:PROGRAMS! I GIVE YOU, "ravag3.exe!"

The basic breakdown of the "ravag3.exe" virus figure is this:
Head: Tron Legacy - Quorra
Torso/ Hip Balljoints: Tron Legacy - Clu (dremeled)
Upper Arms/ Shoulders: GI Joe ROC - Snake Eyes
Upper Forearms: Star Wars Legacy Collection - Darth Maul
Lower Forearms/hands: Spiderman - Monster Claw Carnage
Thighs: WWE Build 'N Brawl - Cane
Lower Legs/Feet: Marvel Universe Secret Wars Comic Two-Packs - Black Costume Spider-Man

All of this was repainted using Games Workshop Acrylic paints, with a dusting of Krylon Gloss Acrylic Clear Finish. The torso was dremeled to allow the light-up feature to be retained.

KILLER!!! That looks SO cool!
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Errex
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 5:14 PM
That virus program looks so awesome. Most impressive custom!

armorrekka
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 6:46 PM
Holy Crap that looks freaking awesome.

Change the scheme! Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Monday, January, 17, 2011 9:49 PM
That's inspiring. If I had more figures I could cut up, I'd love to try something like that... as it stand, I have half a CLU sentry, and a Mustafar miner right now.

So, by 'dremeled' I assume you mean you used a dremel tool to remove the details on the torso?

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Tuesday, January, 18, 2011 12:16 AM
I've already got a leftover corded Craftsman dremel from my parents. I had to buy some new bits for it, as they only had the very basic, and none of the spherical burs, but I've got just about everything I need to start doing customs now.

I've been messing with sculpy, and made some hair...

I'm going to get another Sam Flynn and attempt to create this.

If anyone knows of any good figures to get bare arms from, I'm all ears. The one I had that I was thinking about using is too close to my heart, and the arms are too short for the tron body abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Tuesday, January, 18, 2011 10:38 AM
Thanks! I was amazed that I was able to do that on my first try, heh.

I love that mon cal custom, that is awesome. Mine's not directly a Star Wars crossover per se, but the main character in my webcomic Blown Out Of Proportion wears a recolored Boba Fett mask. This would just be my first attempt at creating an action figure of my online identity. Tron figures are easier to manipulate than any of the others I have messed with, so I figure it's a good starting place.

I plan on getting some of that stuff in the future, assuming I stick with the whole figure modding thing. For now, though, my money is limited, and I already have a few bricks of sculpy. Kinda need to save what I have to get the figures I need for pieces, which at current prices would be around $30... difficult to hack for the jobless :P

So the Flint you're referring to... I would assume this to be it?

Alrighty then. Checklist time:

Sam Flynn
CLU
Flint
Boba Fett

My wallet's gonna kill me. I hope and pray that I get one of the jobs I've applied for this week >.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Errex
User

on Tuesday, January, 18, 2011 11:03 AM
Whoa!

That Tron Calamari blew my mind!, it opens up so many possibilities...

Most impressive!

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Tuesday, January, 18, 2011 2:46 PM
binaryzero Wrote:for those really looking for a mess of options for custom legacy figures:

http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/
unless you're handy with a dremel what you're looking for is the 25th anniversary style joe heads. those are the kind that pop onto the ball of the spinmaster bodies.

i've been highly tempted to make a few likeness sculpts in zbrush, send em off to get 3d printed, then mold em up. problem is i know i'd want to make them availible to you guys, and how fast would spinmaster/disney come down on me? would they be as cool/tolerable with custom figure parts as marvel and dc has been?

I doubt they'd be able to crack down if you just sold em through the forum via PM or something. I dunno. if you did it, I'd be willing to buy, cost-depending.

In other news:

http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=379
Bottom half of the face looks like a great CLU... upper half ruins that idea.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Sinje
User

on Tuesday, January, 18, 2011 9:27 PM
i took a couple leads from you guys and also did a bit more. managed to get them all to be able to hold their discs correctly. basically just shaved that inner area out and cut a sliver out of the area between the palm and thumb. not too much, just enough to make a "shelf" or a "notch" for the edge of the disc to latch onto. also, painted them a bit so that i didn't have to keep hitting the button for them to look snazzy. and on tronzler, i removed and repainted those side areas on his chest so they light up. i'm thinking if that redeemed tron figure doesn't come out, i'm cracking apart an extra rinzler, casting the front torso in clear plastic, and replacing the inner lights.

armorrekka
User

on Tuesday, January, 18, 2011 10:11 PM
Here are some of the customs that I just finished up.

Group Shot

My Virus

Tron Evolution monitor Ver 2.0 (ressurected Anon from evolution)

Tron

Change the scheme! Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

armorrekka
User

on Tuesday, January, 18, 2011 10:20 PM
I used a black guard as a base with the lightcycle clu head. Anon was also known as the montier since he was one of the system montiers the flynn created. Zuse also calls anon montier in the end of line club sceneabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

typicaltronname
User

on Tuesday, January, 18, 2011 10:23 PM

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

armorrekka
User

on Tuesday, January, 18, 2011 10:26 PM
Also all the blue on tron glows in the dark.

The young flynn is made from a solo since my daughter though he looked like flynn. He does have a disc installed on his backorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 12:38 AM
Here's a thought: Has anyone tried dremeling out the inside of one of these heads to make a removable helmet?

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 3:38 AM
It really depends on whether you truly want them or not. As an action figure guy since age 2, I love em. They're cool toys I would've loved as a little kid, and now they give me great joy. But at around $10 a pop, with 8 figures available, 5 vehicles, and the hopeful promise of another wave, it really depends on what means more, money, or shelf/desk space... as I see it.
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

binaryzero
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 3:55 AM
ender9492 Wrote:@binaryzero: With so many sculpts out there, I don't think anyone would bat an eye if you started making heads for the tron figures. In fact, you could probably even submit your sculpts to Brokenarrowtoys or SlayerDesignStudios, and they could probably get it out to the masses for you! Just make sure you don't break likeness copyrights by using the real character or actor names. Call them "The User," or "Program-1,2,3,etc." or something like that.

i even debated on being a cheapass and importing the head models from evolution and in z-brush converting them to a 3d printable mesh. i quite like the model for tron in it and i can't see myself sculpting one any more accurate than what they nailed.

i just wish we knew what was coming so i don't spend a ton of time and money on something we'll end up with officially. i'd rather expand a person's collection.

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 9:22 PM
I'd assume it would be good to wait until the next wave. If it gets cancelled after wave 3, then print em. If we get real ones, no need. If we get real ones that suck, print em. I'd definitely buy em.

As to Ender's comment, ooooh man. I wish I had the ability to cast too. I have a pretty good idea that it wouldn't be too hard to make a mold of the front section of the tron figure bodies, and then fill it with clay, make new details, and make a mold of the new one, thus allowing us to create all sorts of crazy awesome custom programs. For instance, a Gem if we don't get one... I saw some heads on those custom sites that would work, and a modified Quorra body with the mentioned front piece... we could conceivably keep the series going DIY long after it's discontinued.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Wednesday, January, 19, 2011 11:44 PM
So I sanded down a Sam for my custom.

Anyone else see potential for '82 Tron figure customs?

I do.

EDIT:

In keeping with the trends of making viruses with our spare parts, I started my own.

Upper arm: Sam
Forearms: Chopped arms from Star Wars Mustafar Sentry figure (currently held together by rubber cement until I can find my my model glue)
Body: Dremeled CLU's Sentry
Legs: Kevin
Feet: Mustafar Sentry

Still looking for a good head. I managed to remove the clear screen from my second Sam, so I may use the face and give him a hair sculpt. I also want to give him a Jedi robe from an Episode 1 Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan. Local figure shop had a few used ones for $2, I'll buy one and cut a hole in the back for the disc light switch.

Other info, this particular virus is a trojan, Paris.exe. It's a Tron er, Troy reference.
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Errex
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 9:14 AM
Looking good, although I'm not entirely sold, on the Mustafarian arms yet. I'm really looking forward your finished piece.

FirstPrevious Page: of 41 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 Custom Tron Legacy Figure Resource