Collector 
 Custom Tron Legacy Figure Resource

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 41 PagesNextLast
Boba Fettuccini
User

RE: Custom Tron Legacy Figure Resource

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 11:38 AM
They're more for the hands. I'm going to attempt adding some custom sculpt to it. If that fails, I';; take em off and save em for something else. Just messin with it cuz that all I have to cut up right now :P

-==[ www.boba-fettuccini.com ]==-

recognizerpilot
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 9:21 PM
This is a fascinating thread to follow! I'm keen to get a couple of figures and accurize them, but I'm yet to find any down here in NZ. Some of the work you guys are doing is superb! Has anyone done any work with the vehicles?

Zac in NZ

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Friday, January, 21, 2011 12:05 AM
The paint is sloppy, but here's an update.

Scrapped the Kevin legs, they really weren't working. The head is made out of the CLU sentry head with lots of changes... I'd rather do a human head sculpt, but the one that does what I want it to is out of scale... and still looking for suitable legs. That might be awhile.

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Friday, January, 21, 2011 2:26 AM
well, initially, I was going for smoothness. But then i slipped with my dremel sander tip, made a gouge, and said "to hell with that, i'm going for a corrupted file, here". Leg-wise, the Mustafar sentry's legs would be perfect, but unfortunately, they have NO articulation at ALL. My next thought was General Grievous legs, but they would have to be heavily modded to attach to the ball hips, and I don't have any spare ones (except the clone wars one... i have no idea why I bought that, I hate the clone wars molds) Other possibilities I'm looking at: modding the neck ball to be a tad bigger and using an Iron Man 2 Ivan Vanko head, or using a pirate head from the POTC 3 figure line. The local figure store has a few of those loose prices about $2 apiece, so it would be safe on my funds.

EDIT: Wow, those custom lightcycles are cool. When the massive quantities of them on the shelves imminently go on clearance, I'm gonna have to try some repaints. Maybe a Batmobile lightcycle.

CaptainCR
User

on Friday, January, 21, 2011 5:03 AM
ender9492 Wrote:PROGRAMS! I GIVE YOU, "ravag3.exe!"

The basic breakdown of the "ravag3.exe" virus figure is this:
Head: Tron Legacy - Quorra
Torso/ Hip Balljoints: Tron Legacy - Clu (dremeled)
Upper Arms/ Shoulders: GI Joe ROC - Snake Eyes
Upper Forearms: Star Wars Legacy Collection - Darth Maul
Lower Forearms/hands: Spiderman - Monster Claw Carnage
Thighs: WWE Build 'N Brawl - Cane
Lower Legs/Feet: Marvel Universe Secret Wars Comic Two-Packs - Black Costume Spider-Man

All of this was repainted using Games Workshop Acrylic paints, with a dusting of Krylon Gloss Acrylic Clear Finish. The torso was dremeled to allow the light-up feature to be retained.

BADASS!!!!!
think u could make Abraxas and Anon?!

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Friday, January, 21, 2011 11:03 AM
The pins go side-to-side though. I'm not sure how that would actually work. I'm also not sure I wanna go out and buy a WWE figure. Once I get my new card so I can process my order on Disney (getting another Quorra, Jarvis, and the light jet) my action figure budget will be essentially shot until I can get a job.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Friday, January, 21, 2011 6:01 PM
Haha, yup. I've already read through all that stuff, very informative.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Obi-Wan Murrow`
User

on Friday, January, 21, 2011 9:04 PM
I started working today on a Blue Tron/Rinzler Redeemed by using the front half of Rinzler's torso with the back half of Sam's.

So far, it's working with a bit of dremelling.

When you press the disc button, the translucent orange parts glow white.

The articulation is still good as well.

The Sam torso graphics will need some modding to make it match Tron's armor, of course.

I'll post a picture later.

My only issue now is figuring out how to make those orange elements look blue while the light is off.

I had thought I would dremel and drill them out and then fill them with droplets of hot glue.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Saturday, January, 22, 2011 12:06 AM
Obi-Wan Murrow` Wrote:My only issue now is figuring out how to make those orange elements look blue while the light is off.

I had thought I would dremel and drill them out and then fill them with droplets of hot glue.

Thinned out light blue paint? It MIGHT work... maybe...

armorrekka
User

on Saturday, January, 22, 2011 4:06 PM
Here is another custom virus that i did up last night.

Corruption.exe is a Metamorphic code virus that rewrites it self each time it infects a system. It takes on the abilities and talents of programs that it infects.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Change the scheme! Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

binaryzero
User

on Sunday, January, 23, 2011 2:58 AM
Wheeee!

so for the first 3d print project i started tackling the Gen 3 lightcycle from the psp version of Tron Evolution.

thanks to tomy, neca, spin master, and sideshow collectibles i have every other generation
of 'canon' designs in 3 3/4" scale in front of my TV.

the plan:

using screencaps layout an orthographic blueprint of the bike to be handed off to
a friend of mine who will model the bike in maya.

the mesh gets tossed over to me to fine tune any details in z-brush and decimate it for 3d printing.

the returned print gets sanded and polished to a high gloss and molded in silicone with a fiberglass jacket .

parts will be cast in resin, debating trying to actually imbed LEDs into the plastic itself.

it won't be able to hold a figure, not that you'd see one anyhow as the cockpit for the Gen. 3 looks much like the 1st.

the model i'll throw up in a variety of formats for free in the fan art section probably next month.

figured this would get me working on custom tron stuff spin master more than likely won't be making and gets me better acclimated to getting 3d work printed up for castings.
(mainly because as an fx artist, i'm used to sculpting organics. monsters, zombies, wounds, etc.)order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

binaryzero
User

on Monday, January, 24, 2011 10:09 AM
i'm not sure what the psp version was built in, and more than likely the models are too low poly to work with effectively.

pulling models out of pc version is easy enough due to it being done in the unreal engine.
and as i was typing that out it hit me i could actually do the tank.
man. a major personal flaw is i always find some way to add workload or increase difficulty.

Errex
User

on Monday, January, 24, 2011 10:11 AM
Obi-Wan Murrow` Wrote:...My only issue now is figuring out how to make those orange elements look blue while the light is off.

Try painting over them with very thinned out light blue/white paint. Try mixing about 1/3 of PVA glue (Elmer's or whatever local brand you have available), 1/3 water and 1/3 in the selected paint color.

Apply in very thin coats and let each dry thoroughly before applying the next. The end result should look like the new color at simple sight, but still let enough of the torso light through when the action feature is on.

Try it on a smaller segment first and see if you like the effect. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Errex
User

on Monday, January, 24, 2011 12:13 PM
Very interesting. I am really curious about seeing how you attach those legs to the body. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Errex
User

on Monday, January, 24, 2011 1:00 PM
Yes, I can see that. Although, Maybe you can dremel some folds in the Kevin legs?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Monday, January, 24, 2011 1:14 PM
So essentially what I'm seeing here is that GI Joe 3 3/4 seem to be the best source of parts. I also need to get some of the epoxy sculpt... the sculpy I've been using doesn't look near as clean as that.

Errex
User

on Monday, January, 24, 2011 1:30 PM
Well, you have to sand it with the finest grit paper you can find to get that smooth surfaces.

I prefer plumber's putty, the one that comes in two colors and then you mix them so they begin hardening. This putty can be smoothed using a moist paintbrush before it sets.

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Wednesday, January, 26, 2011 1:04 AM
My personal Boba Fettuccini program...

I'm pleased with the arms and head, but the torso isn't doing it for me. I'm not that good at body sculpts, it would seem.

Got the head I'm going to use for my Quorra...

Some bald Rebel pilot from an Entertainment Earth exclusive set... kinda gives me a sick pleaseure to know I'm mutilating a desirable collector's item for science. Just gotta recolor the eyebrows and eyes, sculpt hair (should be easy for her) and mix a flesh tone to match the head and paint the neck/shoulders. Whee!

Not one to waste a nice body, I sanded down the ball joint on the pilot, and put on my Mara Jade head with a new hair paintjob (Books/comics say she's redhead. The figure was a weird brown.) Not TRON, but I had the pictures anyway, so hey.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

recognizerpilot
User

on Wednesday, January, 26, 2011 1:17 AM
Boba Fettuccini Wrote:My personal Boba Fettuccini program...

Dude! Boba is looking wicked cool! Have you contemplating butchering another Fett figure to do a more comic-accurate head? ;-) Seriously though, I love what you've done with him! Will he be poseable when complete, or will you choose a post and fix him in it?

Also......will he have the fedora?

If only I could get figures here, I'd love to get in on this!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Zac in NZ

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Wednesday, January, 26, 2011 1:25 AM
He'll be completely posable. I'm modding the ball joint for the head so that it can pop off with the head and attach to another figure (I'm making a street clothes version as well).

So I take it you've seen my webcomic, then? As to comic accuracy, I'm not sure I could actually make a helmet that's all squashed up like I draw it. I'd love to attempt fitting a fedora, but making one fit on the helmet would be pretty hard, and sculpting custom items is proving to be fairly difficult. =/abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 41 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 Custom Tron Legacy Figure Resource