Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 Using PS2 gamepad on a USB adapter for TRON Evolution (PC)

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Nar78
User

on Monday, January, 03, 2011 10:32 PM
Greetings programs!

I have a question here that may not get an answer yet, but I will cross my fingers and ask anyways.

I'm using a PS2 controller on a USB adapter to play this game on my Windows Vista PC.

I had to install a small config file within my binaries to get it recognized by the game itself because without it, the game has no clue my game pad is connected.

Here's my problem. The game pad config files I'm using is made with an XBox360 controller layout. While they share similar button layouts as the PS2-PS3 game pads, I was hoping the game would allow me to map my action buttons around to my own liking, rather than forcing me to use the XBox layout.

Every time i accidentally press the left joy stick, it clicks the start menu while I'm playing. If I could only adjust it so that when I click the stick by accident, nothing happens, I would have a much easier time playing this game. I don't really have the bucks to shell out for an Xbox360 USB controller right now... I was hoping maybe one of you would know if there's a legitimate PS3 game pad config file out there i can use for my PC?

I searched on Google and found two sites offering PS3 and XBOX360 game pad recognizer files, but I'm a bit cautious about them. Not sure if they're legitimate or not.

Any who, if anyone has any idea, please let me know.
End of line.

"So, nice-looking ship you got here ."

Nar78
User

RE: Using PS2 gamepad on a USB adapter for TRON Evolution (PC)

on Tuesday, January, 04, 2011 4:35 PM
K here's another question. Will the regular XBox360 controller with USB work right off the bat once it's connected, or do I need to install drivers?
My machine is a Windows Vista Premium operating system.
Thank you programs! on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 9:53 PM

An Xbox 360 controller should just work on Vista as soon as you plug it in, as long as it's wired. The wireless version won't work unless you buy an extra receiver that you plug into the computer instead.

As for configuring the PS2 controller, it all depends on exactly what software you're using with it. Is it something that came with the adaptor, or something else you downloaded?

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

IsoLine
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 9:57 PM
Nar78 Wrote:K here's another question. Will the regular XBox360 controller with USB work right off the bat once it's connected, or do I need to install drivers?
My machine is a Windows Vista Premium operating system.
Thank you programs!

It should. If you get a corded or the Wireless XBOX 360 Controller for Windows (which comes with the reciever) the computer should automaticly recognize it and download the appropriate drivers for it. The controllers for the PC however also come with a driver disc. The other cool thing about using the wireless XBOX 360 controllers is the reciever will work with more than one control and you can also use the XBOX 360 wireless headset with the reciever.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

Nar78
User

on Saturday, January, 08, 2011 1:57 PM
Ok,thank you. I'm going to try and grab a corded Xbox 360 controller and use that to finish the rest of this game.

The software i used to support my PS2 game pad was one i downloaded online. I scanned it for viruses and such but it seems to be a safe little patch. The only thing is, it maps all buttons to Xbox's360 controller layout. So the start button on my PS2 game pad is located on the joystick for some odd reason.

Im just going to buy the xbox gamepad. Unless theres a PS3 gamepad support file for this game, i wont mess with it anymore.
Thank you fellas.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Nar78
User

on Tuesday, February, 01, 2011 11:40 PM
Hey everyone, I just found out how to reprogram all the command buttons correctly onto my PS2 game pad! Looks like I won't be needing that Xbox controller.
If anyone is having issues using a PS2/dual shock game pad on a USB adapter, let me know and I can post up the configuration keys and the Xbox360 game pad support files, so you can copy and paste them to your PS2 game pad layout. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution