TRON: Evolution 
 What console is best?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
ShadowSpark
User

What console is best?

on Wednesday, January, 05, 2011 8:56 PM
OK, other than PC, which is the best console to get Evolution for? PS3, PSP, Nintendo DS, Wii, or Xbox? I get to buy a new game console, and since the main game I'll be playing on it is Tron Evolution, I want to know which console is best. Thoughts?

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

typicaltronname
User

RE: What console is best?

on Wednesday, January, 05, 2011 9:30 PM
CONSOLE WAR!!!!!! YEAH!!!!

I'm kidding. Myself, I have LOVED the PS3. I read that X-Box users have to pay for internet access (or something like that) and the PS3's access was free. That's what sold me on it at first, then I got a really good deal on my Console off Amazon.

I like that you can play a PS1 game on it, but you can't play a PS2 game on it, which kinda stinks, but I can live with it. I have a PS2.... and a PS1...

I had the PS1 growing up, so I was always used to its controller layout. When the X-Box came out, it had a controller format I wasn't familiar with that honestly confused me, but I liked Project Gotham Racing on it. It was pretty fun.

This is just my own opinion, and I am in no way bashing other consoles or forcing others to accept my viewpoint. I am a firm believer in respecting other people's opinions and decisions, and I will never bash people for making a decision I don't agree with.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

ShadowSpark
User

on Wednesday, January, 05, 2011 9:37 PM
Any other opinions?where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

TriggerEXE
User

on Wednesday, January, 05, 2011 9:50 PM
I pretty much agree with that, but if you're wondering which console to get just to play Evolution, it really depends on what you want from the game. If you want a great single player game with awesome graphics and a very good online multiplayer mode, then go with the PS3 or 360. If you want to just play the grid games with friends and family (not online) then go for the Wii version. If you want that, but on the go, then go with the PSP or DS version.

But if you're comparing consoles, the 360 has the powerhouse that is Microsoft behind it, and thus a few more loyal companies that make games JUST for it. However, the PS3 is gaining more and more loyal companies, is true HD, and it can play Blu Ray movies as well as 3D stuff. I'm not sure about a fee for internet on the 360, but I wouldn't really use a console to browse the Internet unless I had no PC.

The PSP has better and sharper graphics than the DS, but the DS has touch screen. So...it just depends on what you want out of it really.

"The dark can embrace the light, but never eclipse it."

IsoLine
User

on Wednesday, January, 05, 2011 10:01 PM
Coming from someone who doesn't own any of the newer consoles, just a PC, I would probably go with an XBOX 360. Why, well because some of its peripherals are swappable with the PC. That is my only real criterion. Other than that I prefer PC, because when a console gets obsolete I won't have to shell out for another one to be in the top echelon.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

typicaltronname
User

on Wednesday, January, 05, 2011 10:04 PM
By the way, and this if off topic, I just made popcorn, so advise everyone to DON'T ASK ME FOR ANY!!

End Of Line

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

CaptainCR
User

on Wednesday, January, 05, 2011 11:32 PM
if the main game you'll be playing is TRON EVOLUTION then get it for PS3.

free to play online as opposed to paying for online play like the 360. And when i was trying to decide which system to get it for propaganda games themselves recommended the PS3 version, so that's what I went with.

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

Gyro458
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 4:02 AM
The Xbox360 costs you £40 a year to play online, not that big of a fee, really. It also has better exclusives like Halo or Gears of War. I doubt you will only play Tron, so I thought it was worth pointing out

NickyTea
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 9:31 AM
Gyro458 Wrote: I doubt you will only play Tron ..

Oh, Ye of little faith.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

ShadowSpark
User

on Thursday, January, 06, 2011 9:18 PM
NickyTea Wrote:

Oh, Ye of little faith.

Exactly. Tron is pretty much the only game I'll be playing, probably.

Tron Lives!

Aurrius
User

on Friday, January, 07, 2011 8:17 PM
ShadowSpark Wrote:
NickyTea Wrote:

Oh, Ye of little faith.

Exactly. Tron is pretty much the only game I'll be playing, probably.

What about Mass Effect, Killzone, Dragon Age...etc....?abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Compucore
User

on Saturday, January, 08, 2011 1:28 AM
Myself I got used to playing the original Xbox for the tron 2.0 over here and switched over to the Wii system myself. Cause I tried it out on my kid bro place when I had visited him in Toronto. And got the game for the wi. Didn't take me that much time to switch over. Now I play both over here from time to time when I get a moment of peace and quietness over here.

And thats around midnight over here when I get home it's abot 1 am over here depending on my shift work over here.
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

WiseHacker
User

on Tuesday, January, 11, 2011 10:27 PM
Given that you are only planning to play Tron, I do not see how the console you pick will matter. In theory, if a game is made well, it should matter if it is played on 360, PS3, PC or Atari 2600.

Speaking as one who has all three units, allow me to lay down the pros and cons of each platform.

First up, the PS3.

Game wise, the PS3 often gets the short end of the stick. For the most part, the PS3 did not get many exclusives that justified the its existence - the Lion's share went to the 360. There is also the matter of the game ports to it - on more than one occasion there have been games that were released on PS3 only to find they were worse than the 360 and PC versions due to poor porting.

Those issues aside, the PS3 has a sound track record in terms of hardware and upgrading its hard drive is cheap and painless.

Now for the XBox 360.

Let's get the obvious out of the way. Yes, it has a checkered past in terms of hardware reliability and I am not going to dispute it. What I will point out is that there are those out there that have been running launch editions of the 360 and they have never missed a beat so it all comes down to the luck of the draw. Accessories tend to be a bit expensive for the 360, especially their hard drives.

Game wise, the 360 is off to a running start. The 360 has a wide library of exclusive games - those some have since gone multiplatform by now. And unlike the 360, it has a sound backwards compatibility - even though they have stopped adding titles to it.

As far as I know, the 360 has the largest member base in terms of online play. However, there is a fee. The over all attitude of players on XBox Live I know nothing of - mostly because I am a casual gamer and prefer to play alone.

Online play aside, Xbox Live - even the free edition there of - have a rather extensive market place of games, demos, add-on and even movies.

Finally the Wii.

Being a Nintendo console and sorting full backward compatibility with Game Cube games, you are bound to find a good number of enjoyable games if you ever get tired of Tron. A large number of previous Nintendo games for the NES through to the N64 and even other consoles like the Sega Mega Drive are also available for purchase online.

Another attractive feature is the Game Cube is cheap and (again, as far as I am aware) it has sound hardware - even though it is at most a 480p console.

However, being a Nintendo console it has notoriety with international releases, especially if you live in Australia. The Wii is tightly region locked while the 360 and PS3 are made optional - and most developers don't seem to care about using it.

If you only plan to play Tron, then it should not matter which console you get. What I would recommend is if you change your mind and plan to play other games, try and research as much as you can about the consoles and then make a decision. I cheat this and just simply own all current gen consoles and then research the game to find the own with the best support and least bugs.

Araym
User

on Wednesday, January, 12, 2011 6:50 AM
go with the PS3, it displays in true 1080p wheras the X360 only displays in 720p, also the new TRON: Legacy will be coming out on BluRay soon and ofcourse the PS3 has it's own BluRay Player built in, with it being built in and connected to the internet at all times it can also update on it's own making sure it's firmware never goes obsolete making it the better BluRay Player on the market... as to how important this is heres an example: this xmas my little brother got the new Family Guy movie "It's a Trap" we tried to play it on his BDPlayer and it would not play due to it's firmware being out of date for that particular release, i poped it into my PS3 and within 5 minutes it was updated and we were watching the movie with no problems... oh and the PS3 version of TRON : Evolution is in 1080p and does for a fact look sharper than the X360 version which is in 720p, a PS3 and a Sony Bravia is the perfect setup...

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, January, 12, 2011 7:35 AM
The "main" version of Evolution is the PC/360/PS3 versions. If you're buying a console just for Evolution, I'd say get a PS3. The Wii version doesn't really focus too much on story, but is a great local multiplayer game. The DS version plays like the DS Zelda games (to an extent), and the PSP version is identical to the $.99 iPhone version.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, January, 12, 2011 7:51 AM

Araym Wrote:
go with the PS3, it displays in true 1080p wheras the X360 only displays in 720p

oh and the PS3 version of TRON : Legacy is in 1080p and does for a fact look sharper than the X360 version which is in 720p

Sorry, but this is not true. Neither console version is 1080p. They're both 720p. Proof here. The 360 and PS3 versions are pretty much identical, visually, in every way.

Only the PC version can do 1080p, with a little effort (hacking a config file).

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Araym
User

on Wednesday, January, 12, 2011 1:14 PM
icee, i should have said looks sharper to me, but still the back of the box sells it as 1080p even though eurogamer says it's 720p... i have a few cross-platform games on the PS3 that clearly state 720p except for TRON & FFXIII which both claim on their packaging to be 1080p... so who to trust the publisher or eurogamer?..where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

JamesTRON
User

on Wednesday, January, 12, 2011 7:26 PM
Both consoles definitely have their advantages, but if you're specifically looking for a system to play TRON: Evolution on, keep in mind that the PS3 version gives you a few more options as far as accessories you can use - for instance, the PS3 version supports 3D TVs and allows you to use the PlayStation Move controller during the light cycle sections. If you've got a TV that can handle it, the 3D support is really something to behold - I actually work with Disney Interactive and the 3D support was one of the aspects of TRON: Evolution which impressed me the most! Really, though, there's no wrong answer - just pick the system most of your friends use so that you can take full advantage of multiplayer.

WiseHacker
User

on Wednesday, January, 12, 2011 9:47 PM
JamesTRON Wrote:the PS3 version supports 3D TVs

Huh? Why did they not put the same feature in the 360 version? If they can get Avatar to Play in 3D on a 360, there should be no issue with Evolution.

Also regarding the output resolution, are you guys talking about the game or the console's ability to output a 1080p signal?

As far as I am aware, both are able to output a 1080p signal though - if memory serves me correctly -however the 360 will only output 1080p via HDMI. On the component cable, the limit is 1080i.

I could be wrong though as 1080p was added to the 360 later via a firmware update.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 What console is best?