TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 MAME32 configuration for Mouse input Discs of Tron

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
chesspupil
User

on Wednesday, January, 12, 2011 8:09 PM
I am looking for a CFG file or something a bit more detailed as how I can configure MAME to accept the mouse as the spinner / paddle input
such as mouse left = spin left, mouse up = aim up

The FAQs for MAME suggest the ini file which my MAME (MAME32ui file) shows no mouse line at all yet the FAQ states setting mouse 0 to mouse 1.

I do know enough about how to change so that my spinner is W,A,S,D and the controls are the arrows, but its a real pain to aim with even with the speed changed.

There are customizeable CFG files for controller inputs but I have not found info on them either.

THanks for your time.

Another MAME emulator would be fine if you can suggest one (link please)

mst3kpimp
User

RE: MAME32 configuration for Mouse input Discs of Tron

on Thursday, June, 23, 2011 10:12 PM
1st be sure you have mouse support enabled in your mame option, when your game starts up you hit the tab button and this brings up the menu go to 'input this game'. you go down to the dial and press enter which will make the field blank until you press a button or move a stick to assign it to that function. you'll need to move your mouse so it knows you want it to perform that function. I've noticed that the default on most games that use a dial is to share the function with joystick which causes a conflict and I have to go in and change it to just mouse function. After you have it set to mouse you go to the analog options and change the sensitivity to your liking. seems that every game has different physics so you'll be doing some testing for each game.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade