on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 12:11 PM
Disney: "Do you think we've grossed enough money to make a sequel, Bit?"

Bit: "Yes"

Kuzeh
User

RE: TRON: LEGACY Sequel Close To Being Green Lit

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 12:15 PM
I really hope so!!!
Make it happen Disney!!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

~* Quorra *~
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 12:20 PM
Yaaay! I read the news on io9 just a short while ago and it really made me happy. TL deserves a sequel and they've nicely set up all the elements for a great movie. Hopefully Daft Punk will return to do the score and maybe make another memorable appearance at a new club. lol

CorrupTron
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 12:24 PM
Boba Fettuccini Wrote:Other than that, though, I doubt the presence of Tron in the next one. I'm pretty sure he's dead. Sea of simulation, no discs, no batons, miles away from anything. It would take some reeeeeallly good story writing to have him be alive and not feel like uninspired fanservice.

He's a program and can be restored quite easily. I expect Boxleitner will play a bigger role in the sequel. It's a movie called TRON therefore it must have TRON in it.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

cool83
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 12:26 PM
Tron, and a few needed programs, are safely stored in the device Sam wears on his neclace. I believe Encom OS-12 will be the reincarnation of the MCP. Ed Dillinger and his son are the key. Who do you think Ed jr. Was on the phone with, after Sam let OS-12 out? Why do you think Ed jr. Was not at all upset with the release. I can imagine a reboot of the original film, but with a deeper story, more action, and lots lots more. Kevin Flynn won't be coming back, but Ed Dillinger will. I wonder what David Warner is doing now?

~* Quorra *~
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 12:29 PM
cool83 Wrote:Tron, and a few needed programs, are safely stored in the device Sam wears on his neclace. I believe Encom OS-12 will be the reincarnation of the MCP. Ed Dillinger and his son are the key. Who do you think Ed jr. Was on the phone with, after Sam let OS-12 out? Why do you think Ed jr. Was not at all upset with the release. I can imagine a reboot of the original film, but with a deeper story, more action, and lots lots more. Kevin Flynn won't be coming back, but Ed Dillinger will. I wonder what David Warner is doing now?

Last I heard, David might be voicing Shockwave in the next Transformers film.

I've been wondering who Ed jr. was talking to on the phone after the OS got released and your idea makes as much sense as others I've heard.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Pilgrim1099
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 12:31 PM
cool83 Wrote:Tron, and a few needed programs, are safely stored in the device Sam wears on his neclace. I believe Encom OS-12 will be the reincarnation of the MCP. Ed Dillinger and his son are the key. Who do you think Ed jr. Was on the phone with, after Sam let OS-12 out? Why do you think Ed jr. Was not at all upset with the release. I can imagine a reboot of the original film, but with a deeper story, more action, and lots lots more. Kevin Flynn won't be coming back, but Ed Dillinger will. I wonder what David Warner is doing now?

I expect Dillinger senior in the wheelchair, all senile, arguing with Kevin Flynn like grumpy old men about whose code is better.

While Sam and Dillinger Jr have a beer, figuring out what to do with their grumpy father's grudges.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 12:32 PM
Kite Wrote:Legacy was made for a sequel IMHO. There was so much left over at the end of the film that needs to be looked into.
What's going on with Tron.
What's going to happen with Quorra.
Dillinger's son, ect.

And is Kevin really alive? (Of course he is! He has to be)

Flynn? Actually this time, the new moniker is CLU LIVES!!!!

Kite
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 12:38 PM
^ True that.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

What's a battering ram to some is a logic probe to others.

CB2001
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 1:06 PM
Traahn Wrote:
CB2001 Wrote:So, now here's the question I have to ask: If and when the project is greenlit, do I start a "Jet Lives" movement, in hopes of getting the character included in the next film, or not?
No... I prefer to keep the video game story in the Tron 2.0 video game

Hope we get a new movie!

I didn't say that the story of the game be involved with the story. I said have Jet involved with the story of the film, big difference.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

ShadowDragon1
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 1:10 PM
AICN Talkbacker Section; you will never find a more wretched hive of trolls and idiocy...abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Wugmanmax
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 1:15 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:AICN Talkbacker Section; you will never find a more wretched hive of trolls and idiocy...

HAHA! So very true... It's so bad that Kevin Smith made a movie about it.

http://www.10mfh.com, a great place to read nerdy stuff!

tecknoshaman
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 1:28 PM
okay a few things you all forgot which is Sam had his dad's disc which you you remember is the master key and has all of Kevin's memories and his code and when Sam went through the the portal it got stored in the memory stick. We all do not what Kevin did to make the new grid and what type code he came up with. And since Kevin was genius hacker and software engineer he probably had fail safe programs or codes that make him resurrect" within the Grid. So many possibilities can happen just by that info alone.

Fygee
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 2:00 PM
It's going to happen, guaranteed.

I hope that they do something new and interesting with the story. Now that we've had Legacy to reestablish the franchise and give us new versions of what we were familiar with in the first movie, it would be great if they carved their own path for what we expect to see instead of following a similar formula. It doesn't always have to be "Real world, tron world, light cycle fight, disc fight, good guy wins, back to the real world."

I'm sure the script will be better overall this time around as well.

cool83
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 3:02 PM
Fygee Wrote:It's going to happen, guaranteed.

I hope that they do something new and interesting with the story. Now that we've had Legacy to reestablish the franchise and give us new versions of what we were familiar with in the first movie, it would be great if they carved their own path for what we expect to see instead of following a similar formula. It doesn't always have to be "Real world, tron world, light cycle fight, disc fight, good guy wins, back to the real world."

I'm sure the script will be better overall this time around as well.

I'm sure there will be a better story, but it will closely match the original on a larger, more action packed, scale. Expect MORE disc and lightcycle action, due to the lower advertising budget needed for sequel. The new plot could also be as simple as Ed jr. Selling time on the game grid. Take another look at the Comi-con footage. Notice what the rider says before CLU kills him.

Fygee
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 3:18 PM
I really hope it's not just all about the action. I really hope they expand on the cerebral bits in Legacy, and have it be a movie that makes you think as well as entertain. It would be nice to see some of the things Flynn talked about with Quorra really have an impact and matter, rather than it just being side filler to things derezzing and moving fast.

And I want something different. I don't want a copycat of the same story and structure of the first two.

typicaltronname
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 3:21 PM
Fygee Wrote:I really hope it's not just all about the action. I really hope they expand on the cerebral bits in Legacy, and have it be a movie that makes you think as well as entertain. It would be nice to see some of the things Flynn talked about with Quorra really have an impact and matter, rather than it just being side filler to things derezzing and moving fast.

It would be cool if it went the same route as "At World's End" and "Revenge of the Sith" and become a PG-13 movie, but I don't see that happening.

A PG-13 Tron? Not likely. It not that type of movie. Then again, Star Wars wasn't either.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

psyence53
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 3:58 PM
DotPdf Wrote:Daft Punk better get to work!

This.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

DarthMeow504
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 4:15 PM
I read a while back that if a sequel was greenlit, the plan would be to do two back-to-back to save on production costs. It really is significantly cheaper and easier to do one large production that results in two films than it is to do two separate productions. Here's hoping that's how they do it, it makes financial sense.

Here's how I would handle things.

DAVID WARNER / SARK 2.0: Possibly a cameo as the elder Dillinger, little else. His major contribution would be in the form of the gift he gives his son, an enforcer program that is essentially a fascist version of TRON, focused on eliminating hackers, rogue programs, and pirated software. He's had a long time to think about the events of the first movie, and a reason to despise hackers with a passion. He would be a strong advocate of a tightly controlled system, an almost Apple-esque walled garden approach where anything unapproved is judged as malware and eliminated.

The original Dillinger wasn't evil, and it wasn't his idea to take over the world. He was more your typical corporate executive, ruthless and willing to do whatever it took to get ahead, but he was clearly frightened by what he'd created in the MCP. I see him as a firm believer in rigid pragmatism and tightly-managed efficiency, where raw creativity is distrusted and shackled to an orthodoxy of methodical, incremental progress and stringent testing to make sure nothing has unintended effects. He's seen the results of uncontrolled creation before, and it only reinforced his inner control freak. He's almost certainly rationalized his original theft of Flynn's games as "what was necessary" to impose control on what he viewed as chaotic and in need of a firm guiding hand, and he'd be eager to impose such a control system again. He'd view the Flynns as dangerous and in need of being placed under control, and see Sam's takeover of the company as a four-alarm threat. He'd certainly advise and assist his son in taking "his rightful place" and putting the rogue elements under control.

SARK 2.0 would be the primary role Warner would play, and his actual screen time can be minimized by doing most of his role as Dillinger by phone or teleconferencing where his physical damands are minimal and he can literally "phone in" his role. Similarly, the new SARK would be designed to put minimum physical demands on an aging actor. He would take a page from the playbook of Darth Vader, incorporating a full face mask into his iconic helmet with glowing, menacing red electronic eyes and a deathmask sort of facial design. His physical presence would be beefed up with samurai armor style design elements, mixed with the red glow patterns on blacklight white color scheme and visual cues from the original SARK, cutting an imposing warrior figure. Thus, he could be portrayed entirely by a mixture of CGI and costumed stuntmen, with Warner supplying his iconic voice to the character the way James Earl Jones was the voice of the otherwise faceless and inhuman Vader.

This SARK would be an absolute menace, deadly and seemingly unstoppable. His mere presence should inspire paroxysms of fright in lesser programs, and he should be shown to fight like a demon-possessed Terminator. I can see a scene were Sam lies in wait as SARK stalks down a hallway, and Sam pops out and throws his disk with all his might... and SARK simply catches it, and tosses it aside and keeps walking forwards. Sam blinks, stares, says "oh, -crap-!", and they run. He should be shown in combat several times, and dominate with ruthless brutality. He is an enforcer and destroyer, a walking weapon. He takes orders from the junior Dillinger's programmed alter-ego, playing the role of war general when necessary but mostly just being a killing machine.

In all, SARK 2.0 would provide the return of an iconic villain from the first film (thus pleasing the fans of the original) and providing a Vader-esque memorable screen villain to frighten and thrill audiences. SARK's role would be much like Rinzler's was in Legacy, just dialed up to 11 on the badass meter.

TRON 2.0: Much like SARK, TRON would be faceless so as to provide the ability for his aging actor to provide voice work while CGI and stuntmen shoulder the physical demands of the role. He'd retain the basic look he had as Rinzler, but with the blue glow elements and iconic chest circle and T-shaped pattern of square blue lights that are hallmarks of the original costume. Momentarily, for example when he wants to show Sam he can be trusted, he can project his face on the helmet's visor, which would be done in CGI and look deliberately computer-generated. Otherwise, he's in that helmet full time. As a helmeted, athletic figure in friendly colors performing a heroic role, he'd cut a Power Ranger sort of figure, and he'd counterbalance SARK's methodical, walking stalking tank style with a lot of acrobatics and martial arts that showcase speed and skill over brute strength. He'd serve as the loyal knight to Sam's boy king, and of course will face SARK in a climactic battle in the end that will bring the wow. After all, in the end they're both security programs but with very different philosophies behind them, so it's natural that the action come down to a battle between them.

KEVIN FLYNN: If not gone entirely, his role would be reduced to an Obi-Wan style cameo, a digital projection sought for advice. The hologram Kevin could easily be entirely CGI, allowing Jeff Bridges to need only do voice work. Again, this reduces the physical demand on an aging actor and it also reduces cost as hiring an Oscar-winning actor of Bridges' caliber and clout can't be cheap. A cameo, especially a voice-only one, would provide a sense of continuity by acknowledging the elder Flynn while clearly passing the torch to the younger generation of hero in the form of his son.

SAM FLYNN, QUORRA, and ED DILLINGER, JR. would all reprise their roles from Legacy. GEM might also make a return.

The overall plot would be about a struggle within both the company and it's internal Grid over the future of it's software offerings and the future of the Internet itself. Flynn's side would be all about keeping the digital frontier as free and open as possible, and taking a Google-esque approach of free distribution, open source software that makes it's money on the back end with minimal intrusion of the user, while Dillinger's side (influenced by his father) would be all about imposing control and eliminating all rogue elements, in the name of safety, security, and monopoly. The hacker information freedom philosophy vs the top down control approach. This plot provides the opportunity for not only great character conflict and epic battles, but also a computer-savvy commentary on the issues that computer users care about. Easter eggs for techies like references to various computer terms and issues of interest could easily be sprinkled throughout without mainstream audiences even noticing but getting a warm response from the geek crowd that has kept TRON alive as a cult property in the first place.

It would kick ass.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

CB2001
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2011 4:26 PM
LWSrocks Wrote:I believe Jet will not have any involvement in a sequel...

At this point. If it gets greenlit, and if I decide to start an initiative, then you never know...abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON: LEGACY Sequel Close To Being Green Lit