Tron 2.0 
 Is there a TRON 2.0 novelization?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
recognizerpilot
User

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 7:10 PM
At the moment I have only the PC demo but amkeeping an eye out for a full version. As I am really getting into the TRON expanded universe at present, I was wondering if there was any novelization of the game? Or if any board members had written fanfics based on it?

Zac in NZ

recognizerpilot
User

RE: Is there a TRON 2.0 novelization?

on Thursday, January, 20, 2011 8:21 PM
According to Wikipedia the comic series TRON: Ghost in the Machine is a sequel to the game...I thought I'd seen mention of a novel but I must have gotten it confused with the original film.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Zac in NZ

David1
User

on Friday, January, 21, 2011 12:30 AM
recognizerpilot Wrote:According to Wikipedia the comic series TRON: Ghost in the Machine is a sequel to the game...I thought I'd seen mention of a novel but I must have gotten it confused with the original film.

Tron 2.1 is a full-length novel that continues on from the end of Tron2.0 and completes the story.

It's a fanfic. You can read it here: http://blackice.com.au/tron/

It's presently undergoing a rewrite/edit, but all of the original chapters are available.

David1.

Who hacked my .sig?

David1
User

on Friday, January, 21, 2011 1:48 AM
recognizerpilot Wrote:Or if any board members had written fanfics based on it?

David1 Wrote:Tron 2.1 is a full-length novel that continues on from the end of Tron2.0 and completes the story.

It's a fanfic. You can read it here: http://blackice.com.au/tron/
David1.

LWSrocks Wrote:I don't think he's looking for sequels, he's looking for adaptations. If you want to experience Tron 2.0 without having to play the game, go to YouTube and search "lets play tron 2.0".

The original poster did specifically ask about Fanfics too so I was just responding to that part of the question. A fanfic that's a sequel is one step closer to Tron 2.0 than just a Fanfic.

Thanks for the link though - I will check that out too !

David1.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Who hacked my .sig?

recognizerpilot
User

on Friday, January, 21, 2011 1:56 AM
Thanks guys! Canon (as far as 2.0 is concerned) and official would be great, but fanfic is fine too as it seems TRON fans are capable of respectable story and writing structure! The Grid as a whole is a massive universe (in my eyes) with a very wide scope for many, many differing stories that may/may not be connected. The more fanfics I read the more enthralled and in awe I am of the skills shown by some of the programs that post here.

Ii will check that link and bookmark it, thanks! Still want to play the game...anyone got a spare copy?

Zac in NZ

Outamyhead
User

on Friday, January, 21, 2011 5:17 PM
Only place I have found a legit copy is through Ebay, I got mine for $45, after some negotiatiing, I have seen a couple go for $20, good luck finding it in a store though, pretty much impossible now.

recognizerpilot
User

on Friday, January, 21, 2011 9:03 PM
eBay will be my best bet for the game, watched some vids on YouTube last night and it looks awesome.

Zac in NZ

Jazz Ad
User

on Saturday, January, 22, 2011 4:34 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by that.
Tron works on all Windows based system from 98 and up and you can find it for a handful of bucks on eBay.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, January, 22, 2011 5:40 PM

LWSrocks Wrote:
I want the game as well. I can't spend that much money on a game right now though, especially one that I'm not even sure will work on my operating system.

Um, did you not see my reply to your post asking if Tron 2.0 would work on Vista? The answer is yes. Don't worry about it. It works.

Unless maybe you own a really old desktop or laptop with an integrated graphics chip. But then it wouldn't work, no matter what version of Windows you have. (If Vista came with the computer, then it's going to be a relatively new one.)

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

recognizerpilot
User

on Tuesday, January, 25, 2011 3:23 AM
LWSrocks, have you downloaded the demo? If that runs on your machine fine (as it does on my 2yr-old HP DV5 laptop) then I see no reason why the full version shouldn't :-)

Finished Evolution for the first time tonight so am champing at the bit to get my hands on 2.0. And if there is no novelization or fanfic, maybe I'll just have to write my own!

Thanks for the help and links guys, end of line.

Zac in NZ

J
User

on Wednesday, November, 23, 2011 5:14 AM
Funny you should mention that, as I might have to go the fanfic route in order to explain a few things and make the scenario Legacy compliant (not hard to do, really...)

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0