Other Games 
 Thinking of rezzing up an old Duke Nukem 3D mod idea

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Tron Fanatic
User

on Sunday, February, 13, 2011 10:34 PM
(posted this under general originally and for some reason forgot this section was here)

With so much Legacy stuff now, the idea of an independent story-driven TRON game doesn't make nearly as many waves as it used to, which is why I'm wondering if this would even be worth the trouble.

This mod idea was originally intended to run on the Duke Nukem 3D engine, and then was put on hold until Duke Nukem Forever arrived (which at the time was only expected to take 2 years, not 50 or 60 or however long it's taken ). Then the idea briefly became a Doom 3 project, url=http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=341064 but was again scrapped when I discovered that there was virtually no interest in developing Doom 3 on various game modder boards).

To my shock recently I discovered that Duke Nukem 3D actually still has a persistent modding community, and thanks to 3rd party software development, playing the old game on modern PC's (with a lot of the new pretty 3D acceleration effects added in) across multiple platforms is a piece of cake. The age of the game though makes it possible for a single-man team completing a mod far more feasible.

But what I want to know is, should I even bother? Is there a demand for anything like this anymore, in the age of Tron:Legacy? This idea was thought up when Disney showed no sign of ever doing ANYTHING TRON related ever again, and fan projects were practically non-existent. It's a very different world now than when I thought it up.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

'>

Tron Fanatic
User

RE: Thinking of rezzing up an old Duke Nukem 3D mod idea

on Sunday, February, 13, 2011 10:47 PM
These days... six bucks for it.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

'>

Tron Fanatic
User

on Tuesday, February, 15, 2011 2:26 AM
No shipping costs. It's downloadable content.

'>

Rookerdesigns
User

on Friday, February, 18, 2011 1:38 AM
I would love to see a duke nukem mod for tron...

I love what I do.. and What I do Loves me

Tron Fanatic
User

on Tuesday, February, 22, 2011 11:08 PM
Well I dug into Duke this week... 10 years later... and in only 3 days had finished an unrelated project that involved new weapons, a new monster, new textures, and an original map. Looks like I still remember how to do it.

'>

Tron Fanatic
User

on Wednesday, March, 02, 2011 4:45 AM
I'm not going to try and plow through this as I don't want it to end up taking over my life, but I've decided to take a crack at actually making this game now.

And just for the heck of it, a screenshot. Not an actual map, though it features a texture I made just to see how it looked. This now serves as my own personal Sea of Simulation (for testing AI's).

'>

lamer
User

on Thursday, March, 17, 2011 5:56 AM
i hav no idea

Tron Fanatic
User

on Saturday, April, 16, 2011 10:29 PM
Ram64 Wrote:although, I think that the Doom 3 version looked a bit better......

but this will be incredible!

Maybe so, but its waaaay harder to implement new features for. I had a rough version of a tank working within a couple weeks.

And don't base those map images on what the final version will look like. Those are very basic textures and only one is custom (the grid lines) and that was just for fun while I test AI. All the graphics will be completely reworked.

'>

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games