Tron 2.0 on 7...help!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
recognizerpilot
User

Tron 2.0 on 7...help!

on Monday, February, 14, 2011 12:50 AM
Greetings game grid warriors,
Today I received my first ever copy of TRON 2.0 in the post today and I played e first level or so and it was great! I played it because the Killer App mod recommends you play the game first. So I save after 15-20min progress, go to the desktop and try to install Killer App..."Please run TRON 2.0 first". So I try, and it doesn't play.
W
T
F

How do I fix this? I even uninstalled the unofficial patch, but this didn't fix it. Tried running as admin, tried running in XP compatibility mode, tried in both, tried in neither, nothing!

What do I do? It worked before, why not now? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Zac in NZ

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

RE: Tron 2.0 on 7...help!

on Monday, February, 14, 2011 1:43 AM

Can you provide a bit more detail about what's happening? How does the game not work? Quits without starting? Black screen? Crashing?

Did you watch the video in the first post of this topic? It's a guide to help ensure a smooth installation.

Without needing to reinstall the game, this might fix things: reinstall the Unofficial patch, then set the Tron game launcher (TRON.exe) to run with administrator privileges as shown in the video. Try running the game and see if it works.

If it does, try installing the mod again. If the mod won't install, look for this folder:
C:\Program Files\Buena Vista Interactive\Tron 2.0\Custom\Mods\Retail

Delete Retail. The mod will install now.

I created a troubleshooting guide you can read here for more help, if you find you need it.

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

recognizerpilot
User

on Monday, February, 14, 2011 2:27 AM
Thanks man, I will try again in the morning.

When I insert either disk the Autoplay won't work, and after double-clicking the game shortcut on desktop or Start Menu it asks "do you want to allow this program to make changes to Windows?", I click yes, and nothing happens. Or I double click the icon, the "busy" cursor comes on for a couple or seconds, then nothing. No launcher, no error message.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Zac in NZ

recognizerpilot
User

on Monday, February, 14, 2011 5:19 PM
I did it all and the games works fine again thank you so much!

BUT Killer App won't fully install, it comes up with a message saying it couldn't not open an input file....options appear for Abort, Retry and Ignore, if you click retry the window disappears then reappears with the same file, Ignore makes the window go away...then replaces the name of the last file with a new one! I clicked Ignore maybe thirty times and it kept happening, with new file names. Tried in safe mode, but no dice. So I clicked abort, deleted the Retail folder, and tried again.

Nada.

Ideas?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Zac in NZ

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, February, 14, 2011 6:38 PM

That probably means the file didn't download properly for some reason. Try downloading the mod again. Also, extract/copy all the files out of the zip rather than running the installer from inside the zip in case you've been doing that. (Don't just extract the setup executable.)

Don't forget that after the mod is installed, old saved games won't work. The game will crash. You'll have to start a new game.

About the problem you had before. As soon as you said it just quits on you without doing anything, I knew the Unofficial Patch would fix it. It's the copy protection used on the game. It can be flaky, especially on newer versions of Windows. The Unofficial Patch removes the copy protection.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

typicaltronname
User

on Monday, February, 14, 2011 6:44 PM
This is off-topic, but I am seriously interested in this game. Can anyone tell me where to pick up a cheap copy?

I tried eBay and Amazon. They failed me

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

recognizerpilot
User

on Monday, February, 14, 2011 10:53 PM
I got mine off eBay for $19.95 :-)

Thanks for the tips guys, I think I'll try to download KA again.

Zac in NZ

recognizerpilot
User

on Tuesday, February, 15, 2011 11:44 PM
The program functions!!! Thanks for your help guys, man am I loving this game! Playing through on Normal :-) enough of a challenge for me to want to play, but not so badinage want to break the computer ;-)

Zac in NZ

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 Tron 2.0 on 7...help!