Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Collector 
 UK Disney Store Exclusive 12" Lightcycle and Light and Sound Recognizer Playset with Vehicles

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
Glitch
User

RE: UK Disney Store Exclusive 12" Lightcycle and Light and Sound Recognizer Playset with Vehicles

on Tuesday, March, 15, 2011 12:57 AM
Until I get the time to take some pics, here's the quick answer:

You will need:
  • A screwdriver
  • Address labels (or any large white unmarked paper stickers)

Steps:
  • Take out all the toys.
  • Place the lit side face down
  • Undo all the screws on the non-lit side of the Recogniser.
  • Flip it over and take off the top part of the Recogniser that held the Jets+Cycles.
  • Unscrew the panels in the legs and the corners and cover the underside of them with white paper stickers.
  • Now take smaller pieces of white sticker and put them underneath the heads of the LEDs (don't take them out, leave them be), making sure not to cover the orange plastic.
  • Do the same for the circuitboard and the large push button.
  • Put it all back together making sure not to damage the wires.

Basically the LEDs aren't lighting the orange plastic very well because the black plastic doesn't bounce the light around enough, sticking white paper to the inner surfaces makes the light bounce round more - the mod is definitely worth the time as it makes it glow brighter and more evenly.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

CorrupTron
User

RE: UK Disney Store Exclusive 12" Lightcycle and Light and Sound Recognizer Playset with Vehicles

on Tuesday, March, 15, 2011 1:02 AM
Brilliant Glitch! Literally!where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

BlueLightCycle
User

on Tuesday, March, 15, 2011 2:57 AM
I received my Recognizer today. Thanks Soapdish!

This is my favorite Tron item ever. I would have bought many of these if they were available in the USA even if they were all priced at retail ($56 = 40EUR).
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Soapdish83
User

on Tuesday, March, 15, 2011 7:11 AM
Ill give people till tomorrow to respond, then the shaming begins :-)order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Need the UK Disney Store Exclusive Tron toys?

For information regarding them please see the following thread
http://tiny.cc/6yzrn

SleeplessKnight
User

on Wednesday, March, 16, 2011 4:46 AM
I received the two Recognizers I bought from Soapdish earlier this morning. I would've gotten it Monday afternoon but I wasn't home when DHL came knocking. Soapdish did a great job packing a customized box with foam and fragile labels to make sure the packaging was unharmed when it arrived from delivery. It was perfect because I plan to keep one in the box and have the other one opened to play with.

This Reco is awesome. I love the lights and sounds and can't get enough of "zooming" it around. The vehicles it comes with are great too. I enjoy playing with them more than I do their die-cast counterparts because I don't have to worry about the paint chipping. My favorites are the tanks. They're just so unique!

I know that this is now massively discounted in the UK now, and I know that there may be other very generous people who will offer a lower price than what I paid for mine. And despite it taking Soapdish a little longer than I had wanted to for him to ship out the product, I am very content with what I got and feel that this purchase was worth every penny of my money. I had no problem with the price I paid when I bought it and I have no regrets about it now.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Soapdish83
User

on Wednesday, March, 16, 2011 6:57 AM
SleeplessKnight Wrote:I received the two Recognizers I bought from Soapdish earlier this morning. I would've gotten it Monday afternoon but I wasn't home when DHL came knocking. Soapdish did a great job packing a customized box with foam and fragile labels to make sure the packaging was unharmed when it arrived from delivery. It was perfect because I plan to keep one in the box and have the other one opened to play with.

This Reco is awesome. I love the lights and sounds and can't get enough of "zooming" it around. The vehicles it comes with are great too. I enjoy playing with them more than I do their die-cast counterparts because I don't have to worry about the paint chipping. My favorites are the tanks. They're just so unique!

I know that this is now massively discounted in the UK now, and I know that there may be other very generous people who will offer a lower price than what I paid for mine. And despite it taking Soapdish a little longer than I had wanted to for him to ship out the product, I am very content with what I got and feel that this purchase was worth every penny of my money. I had no problem with the price I paid when I bought it and I have no regrets about it now.

I really appriciate the good feedback from you, BLC and Carcarius.

I never realised on undertacking this the amount of time and effort would be involved buying and making the boxes and inner packaging to ship them safely. It took me a good 3+ hours to get all the orders boxed correctly and am glad they seem to arrive in pristine condition.

Thank you for your kind words Sleepless Knight, was really nice of you to say what you did!

Anon 2.0
User

on Wednesday, March, 16, 2011 8:24 PM
I just wanted to say that I got the 12" Lightcycle and Light/Sound Recognizer Playset from Soapdish today. Actually it arrived at the pickup place 2 days ago, but I couldn't pick it up until today. It only took 4 days to go from the UK to Ontario, Canada!

Packing was EXCELLENT! Both the Bike and Reco were separately wrapped in bubble wrap, secured with Styrofoam inside and very neatly boxed. Neither arrived damaged in any way! My mind goes wacky trying to think of how you thought that one out, Soapdish!

The Reco still had the battery pull tab inside and batteries were fresh. The Bike doesn't come with a pull tab as there is a "Try Me" button on the inside, but worked flawlessly.

The time he spent to obtain these, the time spent to pack these, and then lastly the time taken to mail these should be appreciated by every member here. He didn't HAVE to do it, but did so as a considerate favor so those of us could get what is unavailable in North America.

To those of you who didn't follow thru after you said you would; I really hope that Soapdish really out's you. I for one would want to know whom to trust and whom not to, especially when it comes to sending people $$ I've never met in person. It'll will help everyone in the long run.

All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase! Like SleeplessKnight, I could care less if I might have paid more for it, as these are on sale/clearance now. I have no problem with the price I paid. Happy as heck that I finally have these, and would gladly deal with Soapdish again if opportunity arises in the future.

Thanks Soapdish!

Soapdish83
User

on Thursday, March, 17, 2011 8:15 AM
Anon 2.0 Wrote:I just wanted to say that I got the 12" Lightcycle and Light/Sound Recognizer Playset from Soapdish today. Actually it arrived at the pickup place 2 days ago, but I couldn't pick it up until today. It only took 4 days to go from the UK to Ontario, Canada!

Packing was EXCELLENT! Both the Bike and Reco were separately wrapped in bubble wrap, secured with Styrofoam inside and very neatly boxed. Neither arrived damaged in any way! My mind goes wacky trying to think of how you thought that one out, Soapdish!

The Reco still had the battery pull tab inside and batteries were fresh. The Bike doesn't come with a pull tab as there is a "Try Me" button on the inside, but worked flawlessly.

The time he spent to obtain these, the time spent to pack these, and then lastly the time taken to mail these should be appreciated by every member here. He didn't HAVE to do it, but did so as a considerate favor so those of us could get what is unavailable in North America.

To those of you who didn't follow thru after you said you would; I really hope that Soapdish really out's you. I for one would want to know whom to trust and whom not to, especially when it comes to sending people $$ I've never met in person. It'll will help everyone in the long run.

All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase! Like SleeplessKnight, I could care less if I might have paid more for it, as these are on sale/clearance now. I have no problem with the price I paid. Happy as heck that I finally have these, and would gladly deal with Soapdish again if opportunity arises in the future.

Thanks Soapdish!

Got to be honest, my dad was the box inventor - what a genius! Thank you so much for your kind words. I made about $9 for each order I sent after all expenses, packaging, etc. I know people complained on here about my prices, but to get them there in 1 piece and to see what I got from it, I hope people do feel grateful. Especially as I still have almost $80 dollars worth of toys I cant take back and have not been paid for. 1 of the guys has not been on-line but the other has bought from Abstractharmony as he could sell it cheaper. no fault of Abstractharmony for doing what he did, he was entitled to. However, thats why I got so annoyed the otherday. I was still trying to sell the toys people had asked me to buy for them at full price and then someone can buy them at 75% off and then they can say, "I can buy it from him cheaper now, so I dont want it from you" and thats it. I am stuck with the toys.

Looks like ebay for me :-(

But the comments from you guys who did buy from me have made my venture worthwhile! It didnt make my pocket rich, but did make my heart rich! I am glad I could help and if anyone does want to buy from me, I have a few recos and a bike left (End of shill)

trench
User

on Thursday, March, 17, 2011 1:09 PM
Received mine from Soapdish as well.

They're super cool and huuuge.

I've only had a chance to open and mess around with the bike (took me a while to figure out how it worked, since there weren't any instructions). The clutch mechanism is pretty clever. I was suprised at the amount of molded detail in the rider's face, it's a shame they didn't paint him.

Of course, since these weren't made by SpinMasters, I expect the US Disney stores will now stock in new boxes as "Uprising" merch at some point... (at least the light cycle, since the design of the one in the cartoon trailer looks to be close enough)

FenderP
User

on Thursday, March, 17, 2011 6:38 PM
I'm hoping there's a Recognizer when I'm in the UK in a few weeks, but not going to hold my breath.

trench
User

on Thursday, March, 17, 2011 8:26 PM
I believe they're now 75-90% off at the Disney UK stores, so I'd think about securing one elsewhere.

Soapdish83
User

on Monday, March, 21, 2011 6:42 PM
over the weekend I went to 3 disney shops.

All merchandise had been marked down to £1 (except big figures and Recognizers which were £2) on Wednesday. No Tron merch left at all in Essex area by saturday!! :-0

That looks like thats it. ebay maybe flooded if scalpers were able to nab, but it sounds like a lot of it was bought by adults for cheap presents (lots of mums were buying apparently)

I have a couple of Recos left and 1 bike left thanks to member Think Tank who appeared to blow out of the deal he asked for many weeks ago. I am in no mad rush to sell the bike as it is the last one, but got 2 reco's spare

Kind regards

Nickorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

flamanar
User

on Monday, March, 21, 2011 9:50 PM
Soapdish83 Wrote:over the weekend I went to 3 disney shops.

All merchandise had been marked down to £1 (except big figures and Recognizers which were £2) on Wednesday. No Tron merch left at all in Essex area by saturday!! :-0

That looks like thats it. ebay maybe flooded if scalpers were able to nab, but it sounds like a lot of it was bought by adults for cheap presents (lots of mums were buying apparently)

I have a couple of Recos left and 1 bike left thanks to member Think Tank who appeared to blow out of the deal he asked for many weeks ago. I am in no mad rush to sell the bike as it is the last one, but got 2 reco's spare

Kind regards

Nick

Hi Nick. Are the Recos you have left purchased for the 2 lbs. you saw this weekend....or are they part of your former stock?

Soapdish83
User

on Tuesday, March, 22, 2011 2:29 AM
They sold out by Thursday! Once things were marked down that price everyone was buying them. You must have been very lucky to get any at that price. People will buy anything for 1 or 2 pound. That's why the staff told me who had been buying them. I'm sure some ebayers got them that cheap, but not many I'm sure

flamanar
User

on Tuesday, March, 22, 2011 1:16 PM
Soapdish83 Wrote:They sold out by Thursday! Once things were marked down that price everyone was buying them. You must have been very lucky to get any at that price. People will buy anything for 1 or 2 pound. That's why the staff told me who had been buying them. I'm sure some ebayers got them that cheap, but not many I'm sure
I bet they were flying out the door at that price! LOL. Lucky ppl, indeed.

BlueLightCycle
User

on Tuesday, March, 22, 2011 1:43 PM
I bought 3 more Recognizer sets from a UK seller for what is equivalent to $50 USD each shipped a few days ago. Really good deal considering what I paid for my first set, but I felt like I had little choice because no one was even listing that item on eBay at the time.

Now I can have at least 6 tanks to play with. I might leave the first in the original package.

Soapdish83
User

on Tuesday, March, 22, 2011 2:03 PM
BlueLightCycle Wrote:I bought 3 more Recognizer sets from a UK seller for what is equivalent to $50 USD each shipped a few days ago. Really good deal considering what I paid for my first set, but I felt like I had little choice because no one was even listing that item on eBay at the time.

Now I can have at least 6 tanks to play with. I might leave the first in the original package.

for shipped thats good prices! Who did they use to send them?

Soapdish83
User

on Tuesday, March, 22, 2011 2:05 PM
I phoned a few random stores. They seem to think NO STORES have any stock left now :-0

though at what they were clearing them at not shocked. I dont know why they didnt wait for the DVD to hit first the nutters!

flamanar
User

on Tuesday, March, 22, 2011 2:49 PM
BlueLightCycle Wrote:I bought 3 more Recognizer sets from a UK seller for what is equivalent to $50 USD each shipped a few days ago. Really good deal considering what I paid for my first set, but I felt like I had little choice because no one was even listing that item on eBay at the time.

Dang! You stole those! Congrats I need that kind of luck. ROFL

anephric
User

on Tuesday, March, 29, 2011 6:37 PM
The staff I talked to said it's not unusual for Disney Store to discount to clear when toy lines have been overstocked. They said they did it recently with G Force and had the toys out to clear for pennies (of course, no one gives a crap about G Force). Does seem stupid to remove all the merch when the DVD/bluray is out in a few days. Seems like Disney are washing their hands of Tron again.

FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 UK Disney Store Exclusive 12" Lightcycle and Light and Sound Recognizer Playset with Vehicles