TRON: UPRISING 
 FIRST LOOK - TRON: UPRISING Animated Series

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 10 PagesNextLast
CorrupTron
User

RE: FIRST LOOK - TRON: UPRISING Animated Series

on Saturday, March, 05, 2011 3:18 AM
tecknoshaman Wrote:Did anyone else notice the Tron "T" emblem in logo at the end?

Yeah like [S]uperman.

Sub-Odeon
User

on Saturday, March, 05, 2011 4:22 AM
This looks like it's got the visual chops. No question about it. Marvelously delicious graphics. Now, may the writing be competent... please!

cirlin
User

on Saturday, March, 05, 2011 9:24 AM
LWSrocks Wrote:
cirlin Wrote:
Mayorcan Wrote:I wouldn't say Betrayal contradicts Evolution at all except in one visual regard: the circuitry on the characters.

It doesn't contradict Evolution much (except Radia is called Ophelia), but Betrayal does contradict Legacy in the way Flynn discovers the ISO's. In the comic he sees Ophelia/Radia coming out of the sea of simulation, while in the movie he sees a long line of them coming from the outlands somewhere. It's not a huge plot change or anything, but it is a pretty clear difference.

The Sea of Simulation is actually outside the outlands. So they crawled out of the SoS and through the outlands, into the city.

Yes I know that. But in the comic Flynn is at the sea, and in the movie they are just outside Tron City which is quite far from the sea no matter which direction you go.

cirlin
User

on Saturday, March, 05, 2011 9:35 AM
typicaltronname Wrote:
cirlin Wrote:
Mayorcan Wrote:I wouldn't say Betrayal contradicts Evolution at all except in one visual regard: the circuitry on the characters.

It doesn't contradict Evolution much (except Radia is called Ophelia), but Betrayal does contradict Legacy in the way Flynn discovers the ISO's. In the comic he sees Ophelia/Radia coming out of the sea of simulation, while in the movie he sees a long line of them coming from the outlands somewhere. It's not a huge plot change or anything, but it is a pretty clear difference.

not only that, but the art was horrible and its says that the MCP was written by Flynn and not Dillinger.

It frustrates me to no end how they can't get the simplest facts right.

You thought the art was bad? I was very pleased with it. What don't you like about it?

Where did it say Flynn wrote the MCP? Is that in the collected version?

As people have discussed on several other forums, the MCP was written by more than one person and, given the dialogue in the first movie, it is reasonable to assume Flynn had a large part in it. So, while it is certainly an oversimplification, it is not inherently incorrect.

cirlin
User

on Saturday, March, 05, 2011 9:46 AM
LWSrocks Wrote:Hummm... maybe the Sea is very large and some parts of it are close to Tron City. They saw ISOS coming out of that one point, but the majority of them came out of a place that was farther away.
this is an image of the grid, with the city in the center towards the left. The portal is far to the right, and Flynn's hideout is on the left edge somewhere (there's a bigger version around but I couldn't find it in this quick search). The Sea of Simulation is basically surrounding this landmass, so as you can see, the city is quite far in any direction.

It's kind of a moot point anyway, because regardless of how far they were from the sea, the movie shows a long line of ISO's coming out of the wilderness, and the comic shows Ophelia, alone, rising right out of the water.

I did think of a way to settle it in my mind though. There's nothing in the comic specifically saying that was the first one they saw, so perhaps they followed the line of ISO's back to where they emerged from the sea and then saw Ophelia come out. It's a kludgy way to resolve it as the dialogue doesn't quite fit with that interpretation...but it's close enough for me on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Jalen
User

on Saturday, March, 05, 2011 11:03 AM
Mayorcan Wrote:Timeline goes like this:
Tron - 1982
Tron Betrayal - Starts in 1983, jumps to a year or so after Jordan's death, and then another few years to 1988 or early 1989.
Tron Evolution - 1989
Tron Uprising - Somewhere between 1990 and 2010, though I've got a hunch it might be in the 90s instead of the late 2000s.
Tron Legacy - 2010

Between all media platforms, the new Tron franchise is spread rather well. Now we must hope for a third film to make a six-part saga!

Sorry for nitpicking, but you're forgetting the other games in the Evolution series, because each one tells a diffferent story. Ultimately, I'm pretty sure it goes like:

Tron - 1982
Tron Evolution: DS 1984/85
Tron Evolution: PSP 1985
Tron Evolution: Battle Grids 1988
Tron Betrayal - Starts in 1983, jumps to a year or so after Jordan's death, and then another few years to 1988 or early 1989.
Tron Evolution PS3/XBOX360/PC- 1989
Tron Uprising - Somewhere between 1990 and 2010, though I've got a hunch it might be in the 90s instead of the late 2000s.
Tron Legacy - 2010

I know the description of the timeline at Amazon.com for the games states specific years that the games take place, but it clearly happens otherwise once you play the actual games.

Tron: Uprising looks fantastic! That trailer gave me chills! I've watched it at least 20 times now.

"You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, March, 05, 2011 12:42 PM
Jalen Wrote:Sorry for nitpicking, but you're forgetting the other games in the Evolution series, because each one tells a diffferent story. Ultimately, I'm pretty sure it goes like:

Tron - 1982
Tron Evolution: DS 1984/85
Tron Evolution: PSP 1985

According to official media, it takes place in 1989. Does the game say it takes place in 1985?

Tron Evolution: Battle Grids 1988
Tron Evolution PS3/XBOX360/PC- 1989

But Tron is in Uprising, and he was re-purposed by Clu in 1989.

Tron Legacy - 2010

I know the description of the timeline at Amazon.com for the games states specific years that the games take place, but it clearly happens otherwise once you play the actual games.

Huh, that's strange.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Argent
User

on Saturday, March, 05, 2011 1:05 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:According to official media, it takes place in 1989. Does the game say it takes place in 1985?

A date isn't given in the game, but your character's competing in the first-ever Grid-wide games tournament. That definitely puts it before Battle Grids on the Wii, and that takes place before Evolution. Haven't played the DS version, so I'm not sure where that fits into the chronology. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Jalen
User

on Saturday, March, 05, 2011 1:42 PM
Argent Wrote:
TRON.dll Wrote:According to official media, it takes place in 1989. Does the game say it takes place in 1985?

A date isn't given in the game, but your character's competing in the first-ever Grid-wide games tournament. That definitely puts it before Battle Grids on the Wii, and that takes place before Evolution. Haven't played the DS version, so I'm not sure where that fits into the chronology.

Actually, a date is given for the PSP version during the game. Watch the following video and skip to 01:49:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGV7-CL1NHk

I haven't played the DS version either, but from what it sounds like, it takes place during a rather peaceful time on the Grid, shortly after the events of the original Tron. You play a system monitor going after rogue viruses. Sounds like about 1984 to me...
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Mayorcan
User

on Saturday, March, 05, 2011 1:50 PM
Um, Tron was NOT re-purposed, rectified, or whatever you THINK happened to make him Rinzler in 1989. HE GOT AWAY. Get it through your skulls, people. However, Tron was left in no position to continue the fight alone. Hence the events of Uprising, which will clearly occur AFTER 1989.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Why use Norton AV or AVG to protect your computer when you could be using TRON instead!?

zcarth
User

on Saturday, March, 05, 2011 1:55 PM
My assumption of the timeline-
TRON
TRON: Betrayal
TRON: Evolution
TRON: Legacy

I assume that Uprising is after Evolution, but then what happens to Tron?

Jalen
User

on Saturday, March, 05, 2011 1:55 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:But Tron is in Uprising, and he was re-purposed by Clu in 1989.

1989 is just when Tron *disappeared*. Also, there is definite proof in Tron: Betrayal that after he survived the attack from Clu and the Black Guards, he escaped, wounded, into the Outlands on his light cycle. It's on the third-to-last page in the epilogue, on the bottom three cells.

This is why I, and many other users here, are speculating that Uprising tells the story that takes place after Tron goes into exile, and after the events of Evolution, the years 1990 to 2000.

It also makes sense that Uprising takes place after the events of Evolution, because characters like Gibson won't be making an appearance, since Gibson dies in Evolution PS3/XBOX360/PC.

EDIT: And if the DON'T pick that timeline, and they do something to mess it up...I'll be rather upset.

Argent
User

on Saturday, March, 05, 2011 1:56 PM
Jalen Wrote:
Argent Wrote:

A date isn't given in the game, but your character's competing in the first-ever Grid-wide games tournament. That definitely puts it before Battle Grids on the Wii, and that takes place before Evolution. Haven't played the DS version, so I'm not sure where that fits into the chronology.

Actually, a date is given for the PSP version during the game. Watch the following video and skip to 01:49:

I haven't played the DS version either, but from what it sounds like, it takes place during a rather peaceful time on the Grid, shortly after the events of the original Tron. You play a system monitor going after rogue viruses. Sounds like about 1984 to me...

D'oh! I have the PSP version, and I didn't remember that. >.> My bad! But yeah, that's around the time I assumed the PSP game took place anyway, based on the story and visual cues like the light cycle 1.5 design (which I think is gorgeous - I'd love to see those show up in a future movie or TV series).

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, March, 05, 2011 1:57 PM
Jalen Wrote:
Argent Wrote:

Ah, well there you go.

I've played through the DS version. 84 or 85 would be about right. You play as a new system monitor who is sent to investigate power outages on The Grid. When programs are in a low-energy state, they resort to their most basic functions and start acting like barbarians.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

typicaltronname
User

on Saturday, March, 05, 2011 2:23 PM
cirlin Wrote:
typicaltronname Wrote:
cirlin Wrote:

not only that, but the art was horrible and its says that the MCP was written by Flynn and not Dillinger.

It frustrates me to no end how they can't get the simplest facts right.

You thought the art was bad? I was very pleased with it. What don't you like about it?

Where did it say Flynn wrote the MCP? Is that in the collected version?

As people have discussed on several other forums, the MCP was written by more than one person and, given the dialogue in the first movie, it is reasonable to assume Flynn had a large part in it. So, while it is certainly an oversimplification, it is not inherently incorrect.

Yeah, this was in the collected version. It had this Prologue of the original Tron in which, tron was depicted as being huge and buff and this is where it said that the MCP was written by Flynn.

I wish I could give more detail as to why I don't like the art. I just didn't like it. To me, it looked like it barely held a resemblance to the original characters.

For me, the one redeeming quality was the writing, which I enjoyed.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

typicaltronname
User

on Saturday, March, 05, 2011 2:26 PM
LWSrocks Wrote:
typicaltronname Wrote:it seems like it takes place in the 90's, hence the Uprising

Okay. So, 90's... well, what year was it in Flynn's flashback scenes in Legacy? acman:

1989. That same scene appears in Evolution for the PC/PS3/360. Word for word.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Jalen
User

on Saturday, March, 05, 2011 2:38 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the artwork of Tron Betrayal.

And I'm sure that even Disney Press is completely aware of the innacuracy of the Tron 1 recap, but I'm guessing they just did it to create a quick "Reader's Digest" version of the original, and skipped over Dillinger to save time. It seriously doesn't bother me at all; I know what happened in Tron 1.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Saturday, March, 05, 2011 2:49 PM
I do hope the Producers contact Cindy Morgan to voice Yori...
She *is* very special to Tron and it'd be nice to know what happened to her. I don't think Flynn would of split them up by only bringing over Tron to the new Grid. Hopefully one of the episodes will have an appearance of Yori.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

typicaltronname
User

on Saturday, March, 05, 2011 3:19 PM
LWSrocks Wrote:
ShadowDragon1 Wrote: I do hope the Producers contact Cindy Morgan to voice Yori...
She *is* very special to Tron and it'd be nice to know what happened to her. I don't think Flynn would of split them up by only bringing over Tron to the new Grid. Hopefully one of the episodes will have an appearance of Yori.

See, I'm gonna go with "no" because at this point in the franchise's timeline, they've been in the new grid for about 10 years. I think it's safe to assume that she's still in the old grid- and I think writer-wise, they left her in the old grid so that her appearance could be a surprise in TR3N, because I seriously think that what's gonna happen is Sam's gonna take that chip and upload the grid onto the ENCOM system now that he runs the company.

or her program is in Washington. In Betrayal, Lora left Encom for a new job there, so she could very well hvae taken Yori.

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Saturday, March, 05, 2011 4:32 PM
Keep in mind these programs are data... Tron was probably copy/pasted onto the new grid, and the old grid still has classic Tron on it. Same with Yori, she'd be there, and if Lora really needed her YORI.EXE at her new job, she probably made a copy on a floppy and left.

-==[ www.boba-fettuccini.com ]==-

FirstPrevious Page: of 10 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 FIRST LOOK - TRON: UPRISING Animated Series