T:E multiplayer wishlist

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
emdeesee
User

on Friday, March, 04, 2011 11:58 AM
Multidirectional Gravity
Changes in gravity were an integral part of the games on the grid in T:L.

• Two-sided, transparent lightcycle arenas with Möbius flipovers - who doesn't want that?
  • Slowly tumbling disc wars arenas, where any side can be a floor, wall, or ceiling depending on orientation. (Maybe you can capture the power node before it becomes part of the wall, so the opposing team can't stand on it for a while. New strategies!)

Improved AI
As distributed, non-human opponents in multiplayer are virtually no challenge for human players, especially in modes other than Disintegration.

• Light Cycle capability. How hard could it be? The original Tron arcade game had a rudimentary Light Cycle AI.
  • Specialized behaviors for bit runner and power monger.
  • Ability to give 'bot teammates orders. "Hold this node, program."
  • Bots use special disc powers.
  • Bots use ETCs and power sources.

Vehicles
Just to add some variety...

• Light Runner: sturdier than a light cycle, but slower. Can carry up to two programs. Missiles and bombs. Passenger can hurl disc!
  • Light Jet: cannons, aerial jet walls. Vulnerable to discs thrown from the ground and cannon fire.
  • Recognizer: slow and clumsy (relative to light jets), but rugged. Tanks of the sky. Drops bombs and can crush targets on the ground. Carry multiple programs around arena in safety?

New Game Modes
  • Terminate ("Last Program Running"): One derezz, and you're out. Fast and brutal with a cat-and-mouse endgame.
  • Protected Mode: Game consists of two rounds. During the first, one team defends a resource, while the other attacks. Round ends when attacking team claims the defended resource (hits a button, runs over an ETC, or something), then the team roles reverse. During the first round, the clock counts up. During the second round, the clock counts down. Team with the best time wins.

Miscellaneous
  • Lighting controls. The grid is dark.
  • Crowd noise. Cheering! Booing! Crowd favorites based on leaderboard stats.
  • Eliminate team switching during game (unless switching to losing team).
  • Spectator mode.
  • Derezzable platforms: hit the floor with your disk to drop a program to a lower level, or out of the arena completely! Careful with your smash attack...

What else?

cirlin
User

RE: T:E multiplayer wishlist

on Friday, March, 04, 2011 12:06 PM
Multi-level Lightcycle Grids

emdeesee
User

on Wednesday, March, 23, 2011 3:38 PM
All jetwalls are solid, not just opposing.

ShadowSpark
User

on Wednesday, March, 23, 2011 3:43 PM
Basic MP light-cycle matches.

Customizable character skins.

{This doesn't count, but I wish I had a net connection fast enough for me to actually PLAY. As it is, my charater just stands there. *grumbles*}

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

CorrupTron
User

on Wednesday, March, 23, 2011 7:36 PM
We're probably not going to be getting any new DLC now. I was hoping Disney would release one more pack around the DVD release but it looks like it's not going to happen. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

typicaltronname
User

on Wednesday, March, 23, 2011 7:40 PM
Patience, whatever the cronk your name is, we will have DLC soon.

According to Cap'n CR, he called them, (being Disney or Propaganda games before they closed) and they reportedly told him that more DLC would be out.

I'll find ze thread..... Quick Robin! To the Google Cave!

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

typicaltronname
User

on Wednesday, March, 23, 2011 7:46 PM

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

CorrupTron
User

on Wednesday, March, 23, 2011 8:17 PM
And like I said then, I wouldn't hold your breath. We haven't seen anything for months. I have about as much hope for new DLC from defunct Propaganda as I do that we'll see new Tron figures from Suck Masters this fall.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution