Other Sectors 
 The unofficial relationship thread!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
Xohh
User

on Sunday, March, 20, 2011 8:42 AM
First off, sorry if this is a duplicate. I tried searching, couldn't find anything though x__x

Okay, so we all have a love for everything TRON. But what about our love lives outside of the Grid? Post your thoughts on love, issues with guys/gals, and prides with your partner here.
Personally, I'm in the grueling process of recovering from my first, 4-year relationship.
What about you? Anyone have any stories to share? :3

ShadowSpark
User

RE: The unofficial relationship thread!

on Sunday, March, 20, 2011 6:30 PM
I have a lack of things to share.

I am 18 years old and I have never had any experience with romance what-so-ever.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

Xohh
User

on Sunday, March, 20, 2011 8:25 PM
Aw :<
Are you just not interested in that sort of thing or is it just one of those 'yet-to-happen- things?

Kat
User

on Sunday, March, 20, 2011 8:42 PM
ShadowSpark Wrote:I have a lack of things to share.

I am 18 years old and I have never had any experience with romance what-so-ever.
Ain't necessarily a bad thing, sister.

I'm of the opinion that it's a "grass is always greener" thing, or perhaps can just be chalked up to: both states have pros and cons. For every time one of my friends complains about being single, I can come up with as many complaints about being in a relationship...and vice versa! Mostly I miss complete independence--being able to do whatever I want whenever I want however I want...but I guess if I were single my biggest issues would probably be feeling like a third wheel when around people in relationships/worrying that other people wondered what was wrong with me if I wasn't in one, even if I was perfectly happy single (but probably not so much loneliness, even though a significant other has the added benefit of being like a built-in friend who's stuck with you, lol). Oh, and not having somebody else to scoop the cat box.

Will be, um, interesting to see if this thread takes off. It's such a broad subject that my guess is posts will either be really long, or no one will post at all. Let us say nothing of the arguments...I'm gonna start making popcorn now. Anyone is welcome to share.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

ShadowSpark
User

on Sunday, March, 20, 2011 9:24 PM
Xohh Wrote:Aw :

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

JInfantry23
User

on Sunday, March, 20, 2011 10:36 PM
I'm in love with this girl, but she already has a boyfriend. In the amount of time we've known each other, she has become my best friend and she hinted that she does have deeper feelings for me as well, but we're sort of stuck. I refuse to steal another guy's girl (bad karma) and she's not the type to leave her boyfriend just because she found someone else. She's a good girl.

So basically, we're both miserable because we can't be with each other and we refuse to go back on our morals. It's insane, but we do enjoy the times we get to hang out with each other. Never kissed or anything like that, but man - do we hug a lot.

We decided to just wait and see what happens. Hoping Flynn was right when he said, "You'd be amazed how much could be accomplished by doing nothing."where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Anon 2.0
User

on Sunday, March, 20, 2011 10:49 PM
JInfantry23 Wrote:I'm in love with this girl, but she already has a boyfriend. In the amount of time we've known each other, she has become my best friend and she hinted that she does have deeper feelings for me as well, but we're sort of stuck. I refuse to steal another guy's girl (bad karma) and she's not the type to leave her boyfriend just because she found someone else. She's a good girl.

So basically, we're both miserable because we can't be with each other and we refuse to go back on our morals. It's insane, but we do enjoy the times we get to hang out with each other. Never kissed or anything like that, but man - do we hug a lot.

We decided to just wait and see what happens. Hoping Flynn was right when he said, "You'd be amazed how much could be accomplished by doing nothing."

Well, I may well be about to put a target on my head but here goes my take on this.

If she has feelings for you and you for her, then that's good. I respect that she isn't going to break up with her current boyfriend (because of that). However if she is unhappy I see no point in her sticking with her current boyfriend. All she would be doing is letting her boyfriend on and pretty much living a lie and not making herself happy. It would make sense to break things up with her current boyfriend as it's not making her happy. Then she could be with you if her feelings are same as yours.

Now, if she is perfectly happy with her current boyfriend then that's another matter altogether. Then yes, I agree she shouldn't break things up just to be with you.

Her breaking things up whether happy or not really doesn't matter. But in the end she has to do what would make her the happiest, whether it's with you or him. And it's better for her boyfriend in the long run for her to be honest with herself and with him.

Mayorcan
User

on Sunday, March, 20, 2011 10:51 PM
I'm in a good spot now where my love and care for family, certain friends, and one organization that I have put a lot of time and effort into over the past year has superseded my selfish need for a romantic partner. I'm not saying I'm not looking nor calling the need for relationships "bunk"; it's just that I'm at a juncture in my life right now that, while super-exciting and awesome in a majority of regards, cannot allow me in good conscience to start and maintain a relationship with anybody.

We'll see in 3 to 4 years, when I will be (hopefully) considerably richer, more well-off, and able to settle down and begin actively seeking that special someone who I know is out there, waiting to spend the rest of her life with me.

Why use Norton AV or AVG to protect your computer when you could be using TRON instead!?

MCPcomputer
User

on Monday, March, 21, 2011 1:29 AM

Hmmm
well.... I can say
I was born when Tron was...
never been married..
or in any real relationship....
maybe one... at least tried to..

Did think I was in love once.
some years ago...
but i proved to be false...
and yeaa could share more
and deeper stuff.. but not tonight..

I... just am happy living life now...
and a cool happy program....
and am just having fun partying..
if true love happens to come along I am happy

but till then I am so happy.. and doing the while Zen thing man!!!

Till then.. you can find me.. relaxing on The Grid....
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

JInfantry23
User

on Monday, March, 21, 2011 3:32 AM
Anon 2.0 Wrote:Well, I may well be about to put a target on my head but here goes my take on this.

If she has feelings for you and you for her, then that's good. I respect that she isn't going to break up with her current boyfriend (because of that). However if she is unhappy I see no point in her sticking with her current boyfriend. All she would be doing is letting her boyfriend on and pretty much living a lie and not making herself happy. It would make sense to break things up with her current boyfriend as it's not making her happy. Then she could be with you if her feelings are same as yours.

Now, if she is perfectly happy with her current boyfriend then that's another matter altogether. Then yes, I agree she shouldn't break things up just to be with you.

Her breaking things up whether happy or not really doesn't matter. But in the end she has to do what would make her the happiest, whether it's with you or him. And it's better for her boyfriend in the long run for her to be honest with herself and with him.

I wouldn't say she's exactly happy, she's more like fed up though. She's getting tired of waiting for this guy to get his act together (no job, no education, no desire to settle down, etc) and she said there are times when he acts like he doesn't even want to be with her. Besides her wanting to be "good", it's her first serious boyfriend and relationship and... I guess it's hard to move on from that, that the magic is over. I can appreciate her stance because I know it stung when my first big relationship ended.

I'm just resigning myself to the fact that eventually, if this guy doesn't shape up? Then yeah - it definitely will be her and me; but it has to be her choice. I can't and I refuse to help break them up. All I'm able to do is to be her best friend (which I'll always be no matter what), make her happy whenever I can, and wait to see what happens.

Thanks for the input Anon

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Monday, March, 21, 2011 4:33 AM
Oh man. The Boba and love go back a long way. Nothing real, mind you. You always figure out after the fact that there was no real love, just a lot of hormones and wishful thinking. But there are some anecdotes. get ready for a ton of angsty, 2 AM ramblings of an 18-yr old male whose bedroom is dominated by Star Wars toys.

In first grade, I really hit it off with this girl who sat next to me. We were best friends all year, and on into 2nd grade. Nice girl. One day, when my mom and I were taking her home from school (she lived on the way n all) before getting out, she leaned over, kissed me, and then said she was going to Spain. That next week, she moved to Spain.

The next funny one was in 8th grade. I was in a science class, and the teacher let us sit in the classroom during lunch before class. There was a group of about 5 of us and the teacher, and this girl and I (once again) really hit it off. A few months down the road, I discovered she was a 5th grader in advanced placement, and had some sort of growth defect that made her way taller than a 5th grader should be. Creeped out a bit, I was.

In Freshman year, I really started figuring out who I was. We all did, right? Towards the end of the year, I accidentally hit reply all on a FWD email from a friend, and got tons of responses from all these people I didn't know going 'wtf man stop emailing me'. One of these added me in MSN, and we discovered we both went to school together. So we met up IRL at school and really hit it off. She led me on all through freshman, sophomore and junior year and brought out my worst insecurities. I asked her to the prom Jr. year, and she said 'nooooooooooo.......oooo....ooo', just like that. Asked her right before a huge test... not a good idea. I later found out from her older sister that they had a big family fight about me, and demanded she stop leading me on. Now we have an awkward obligatory friendship because we're still in plays together and we know each other too well to just drop it. It helps that I'm the only guy she knows who likes shopping.

This year, senior year, seems like things can get better. I made another female friend, hit it off, blah blah blah, but this one was genuinely nice. Her parents were the most awesomely accepting people I'd ever met. She seemed to understand me and my sense of humor (which defines me in person) better than even my best bros. Then, at a party, she (by outward shows) got irritated at me for not asking her to dance when the swing music started playing, and after that it was a battle to even get her to talk to me at school. Evidently I missed my chance, cuz when I (rather angstily) made a webcomic about the event, she emailed me - subject line 'comic', message body 'I agree with him'. Him referring to my imaginary friend in the comic who likes to point out when I've screwed up. Now whenever I'm around, she does homework and does her best to ignore me, and I just end up talking to her pseudo-boyfriend Jack, who is now ironically one of my best friends.

My situation is rather pathetic, really. I'm an amorous guy who wants nothing more than to find that girl with all the right stuff... the brains, the skills, and the wit. Most importantly, the wit. All of my strongest friendships have developed over the fact that we understand each others' humor, and can just keep building on one another and going off... sadly, the few girls I know like that aren't interested in relationships, aren't allowed to be in relationships, or are otherwise occupied. My frustration with this tends to manifest itself in retail therapy, which is dangerous for unemployed students. When all the crap was flying with this last event, I would find myself compulsively stopping at Toys R Us and just standing in the action figure section for 30 minutes without even doing anything. I used to walk to the grocery store and buy gummy worms and a 2-liter of mtn dew, but now that I have a car, this stuff converts itself into Tron Legacy toys. I never intended to get anything more than a lightcycle, and I ended up getting the whole series, and doubles of most of the characters... I actually have like... 5 Quorras... I'll feel fine for awhile, and then I'll start getting that obnoxious lonely/depressed feeling, like I did this last weekend. I ended up buying $50 of 90s Star Wars playsets and vehicles. Money CAN buy happiness, it only lasts a day or so though. Today I was back to the feeling again.

So anyway, my name is Boba, I'm insecure, awkward, and I love to complain on the internet. Please help me. My soul is rotting away.

-==[ www.boba-fettuccini.com ]==-

Kat
User

on Monday, March, 21, 2011 7:41 AM
Anon 2.0 Wrote:
JInfantry23 Wrote:I'm in love with this girl, but she already has a boyfriend. In the amount of time we've known each other, she has become my best friend and she hinted that she does have deeper feelings for me as well, but we're sort of stuck. I refuse to steal another guy's girl (bad karma) and she's not the type to leave her boyfriend just because she found someone else. She's a good girl.

We decided to just wait and see what happens. Hoping Flynn was right when he said, "You'd be amazed how much could be accomplished by doing nothing."

Well, I may well be about to put a target on my head but here goes my take on this.

This. She owes it to him not to string him along if she's not happy. It is not "moral" or "good" to drag on a relationship with one person while wishing you were with another. Trust me on this one. My ex tried to pull the "I've been unhappy for a long time" bullshit. I don't believe it--he made up a lot of lies after he cheated on me with/dumped me for a mutual friend, to try to make ME out to be the bad guy--but he tried it, and it hurts even when you're relatively certain it's a figment of the other person's imagination. There's nothing worse than knowing your relationship has been a lie and the other person has been wasting your time, especially if they were also wishing you were someone else.

JI, don't let her keep you on the back burner either. Just tell her, "I'm interested in you, and when you decide to end your relationship, you know where to find me." Right now she knows she has a steady boyfriend, and now she has a guy who's willing to be her sounding board for her relationship complaints and hang on her every word but she doesn't actually have to give him anything more than "y'know, I'm happy, maybe we'll split up some day." Life's too short, dude, and she needs to either shit, or get off the pot and stop messing with you and your emotions.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

recognizerpilot
User

on Monday, March, 21, 2011 4:16 PM
Mrs RecoPilot and I are engaged, happily so, and planning for the wedding to take place in October next year.

I have had two other proper relationships, one of them was on-off for nearly three years. I've also had many, uh, "casual experiences", lost count and don't quite remember most of the names :-3 .

BUT I am happy NOW and that's what's important, we met over the Internet after both of us had started to doubt that dating sites could work for more than hook-ups and booty calls. She's amazing, her family like me, mine like hers, we have a kitten together, and she's the one that asked me to buy an identity disc. Love is great :-)order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Zac in NZ

Xohh
User

on Monday, March, 21, 2011 4:28 PM
recognizerpilot Wrote:Mrs RecoPilot and I are engaged, happily so, and planning for the wedding to take place in October next year.

I have had two other proper relationships, one of them was on-off for nearly three years. I've also had many, uh, "casual experiences", lost count and don't quite remember most of the names :-3 .

BUT I am happy NOW and that's what's important, we met over the Internet after both of us had started to doubt that dating sites could work for more than hook-ups and booty calls. She's amazing, her family like me, mine like hers, we have a kitten together, and she's the one that asked me to buy an identity disc. Love is great :-)

Aw, congrats program! I wish you and your future wife a lifetime of happiness :3

CorrupTron
User

on Monday, March, 21, 2011 7:23 PM
*EDIT* Had to remove my post because something happened.

ShadowSpark
User

on Monday, March, 21, 2011 7:33 PM
Maybe I'll meet someone at Phoenix Comic-Con.

Tron Lives!

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Monday, March, 21, 2011 8:08 PM
Maybe you should hook up with Shadowspark. :Pabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

-==[ www.boba-fettuccini.com ]==-

ender9492alt
User

on Monday, March, 21, 2011 8:54 PM
To all you hopeless romantics out there: Don't lose hope.

I've been happily married for 3.5 years (it has it's ups and downs), and I can tell you that there is definitely something for everyone out there.

I too am a guy who lines the shelves with action figures, buys props, makes costumes/armor, is a computer nerd, a videogame nerd (even Pokemon; ESPECIALLY Pokemon), an artsy-fartsy (although I've graduated from anime), listens to techno, yada yada yada... And my wife? Exactly the same (although she's not to keen on my spending money on all those things... But she understands).
It's actually amazing how compatible we are. In fact, in some areas, she's nerdier than I am. Our ideals, likes & dislikes (for the most part), beliefs, and philosophies pretty much line up across the board.
I'm definitely glad I didn't end up marrying my first two girlfriends (no matter how MUCH I wanted to back then), because I wouldn't be able to be who I really am.

We're not exactly nerd-hermits either, though. We get out and socialize with friends downtown, hit up parties, etc, and If anything, that would be my suggestion to anyone who's feeling hopeless about finding someone: Get out there and socialize! You gotta see what's out there, and put yourself on the market for them to see you!

Also, don't be in a rush. I got married when I was 20; my wife was 18. IMHO, that's too early. Don't be in a rush to settle down too fast. Remember, you only live once.

Hope maybe I could help someone a little.

ShadowSpark
User

on Monday, March, 21, 2011 9:57 PM
Boba Fettuccini Wrote:Maybe you should hook up with Shadowspark. :P

Is this going to turn into a match-making thread? (Not that I'm complaining, I find it funny.)

Tron Lives!

JInfantry23
User

on Monday, March, 21, 2011 10:33 PM
ShadowSpark Wrote:
Boba Fettuccini Wrote:Maybe you should hook up with Shadowspark. :P

Is this going to turn into a match-making thread? (Not that I'm complaining, I find it funny.)

I can picture it now:

Guy: "It would never work my darling program, I fight for the users while you fight to defend the MCP on the game grid and beyond..."

Girl: "Don't hold it against me, I'm not bad... I was just written that way."

Guy: "Is that why you tried to de-rez me while we were walking along the beach of the Sea of Simulation?"

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors