AuthorComments:  Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
gkarris
User

New limited edition TRON controller for XBOX 360 - YELLOW CLU

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 11:37 AM
Did anyone try to order this?

http://www.pdp.com/

Only 350 made as well...

I tried and my Paypal Account was charged, but their server crashed...

When you try to order again, all you get is the message "order reduced as orders exceeded stock"...

Actually, now you can't even find it on the site...

Anyone else?

DevRevenge
User

RE: New limited edition TRON controller for XBOX 360 - YELLOW CLU

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 11:43 AM
Why didn't you post in the other thread?

Yeah, it looks like these might have sold out in 30 minutes, crazy!

I got my order in for two but people on CAG are pissed. Some got orders yanked right out of their cart.

Hard to believe the ice blue ones lasted for 9 hours and these sold out so quickly, but the resale on these have been insane. I was hoping it wouldn't get posted on forums like Cheap Ass Gamer (I didn't see it on Slickdeals but I didn't check Fat Wallet) but some people on those forums will buy ANYTHING limited in hopes of reselling it. These are selling for like 6x cost so obviously they would go quickly. Didn't think it would go that quickly though.

edit: Item listing is back up and confirmed sellout in 30 minutes. Crazy! People love CLU!

Mega Man
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 11:46 AM
The worst part is I just transferred $120 to my friend in the US to help me get 2 of these. The controllers got removed from his cart when he was checking out with PayPal. ._.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

gkarris
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 11:48 AM
I didn't want to mix the chatter with the White ones - looks like they are getting received...

This one appears to be a fiasco...order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

DevRevenge
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 11:49 AM
That really sucks Mega Man

GKarris if your Paypal was charged you should check your email you might have gotten a confirmation.

edit: GKarris if you read the thread you would see we were already talking about the yellow controllers there. Doesn't really matter though just thought I'd say something before User did

Mega Man
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 11:50 AM
And to think I was actually planning to get two of these so that I could trade one for a white one... argh...where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

gkarris
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 11:55 AM
DevRevenge Wrote:That really sucks Mega Man

GKarris if your Paypal was charged you should check your email you might have gotten a confirmation.

edit: GKarris if you read the thread you would see we were already talking about the yellow controllers there. Doesn't really matter though just thought I'd say something before User did

Sorry, all I saw was people talking about how their white one was shipped....

I still got no confirmation, only the Paypal one...

When I had hit the "confirm order", all I got were a bunch of Unix errors and shutdown commands...

BlueTronWarrior
Sector Admin

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 12:01 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo..............

I have the day off, and was doing a few things around the house, and totally forgot this went on sale at 9am PST. Damn..... order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

DevRevenge
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 12:03 PM
That doesn't sound good actually. I got the paypal confirmation and the pdp confirmation. I saw the server crash and when the site came back up the item was gone for a bit. Hope for the best I guess, I'm sure you aren't the only one in that situation either.

I got an extra to trade for one of the original orange ones but now I'm not even sure if I want to do that. The yellow Clu ones might end up being more valuable even though there are 100 more out there. Or they could have sold so quickly because of douchebag resellers, I'm guessing that's more likely.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

gkarris
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 12:06 PM
^^^^ yes, I think their server crashed, as I then couldn't get to their homepage for a few minutes after that...

I think they saw all the orders rush in and then "pulled the plug"...

LOL...

Too bad - my intent was to just do a trade for a blue one which I missed out on...

gkarris
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 1:55 PM
I just got my PayPal refund with a note...

Sorry in the middle of your paypal charge and the return to our site for check-out, the product sold out. We had 10,000 people appear in 20 minutes to buy that controller. Here's your refund. Patricia Brunwin PDP.com Support
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

pullfocus.exe
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 2:29 PM
this whole "omg we had 10k people hit us up at the same time!" is getting very redundant and sounds irresponsible as well as insecure. This is what good PR is for, so you dont have sales reps saying all kinds of things that make you question the validity and professionalism of the company.

A simple "Due to the high ammount of order traffic, we were unable to fulfill your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Your account will be promptly refunded in full" would have been more welcome IMO.

Having to constantly parrot "omg omg 10k orderz in onry 20minz!" is too much unnecessary hype on an already negative situation. Its making me want to unsubscribe from these novices.

just my rant, clearly i was one of the 10k that did not get to order in time.

Open doors, like open minds

gkarris
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 2:38 PM
^^^
It must have been pretty random too...

I hit "buy" the second it went online.

I first couldn't "Log into my account" to get it...

Then I filled the order out using a new login and info and all I got was page stalls...

I went to Paypal to pay instead, and by the time I got back - nothing but server errors....

I'm already irked by all the iPad 2 stuff/lines/scalping, now this...

I think the only thing is to decide, no matter how badly you may want one, not to give business to the "scalpers" only looking for a buck instead of another fan or fan store...

Already on eBay (not fans, obviously)...

http://cgi.ebay.com/LIMITED-EDITION-CLU-YELLOW-XBOX-360-TRON-CONTROLLER-/270735890342?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item3f091dd7a6#ht_1572wt_1139

Zuse
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 4:02 PM
If they've got 10k people looking to buy the thing why limit it to 350? Is the goal of commerce not to make money?order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

End of line

c1
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 5:03 PM
Just got an email from PDP. It seems they had a glitch in their system where it defaulted to a quantity of 2. I reconfirmed to email and said I wanted 2. Then 15 minutes later I get a phone call about the same situation.

Not cool how they gloat on their website "SOLD OUT IN 30 MINUTES!" I hope these are built better than the blue controller. I bought 1 of them and it broke after a month. I bought another on on ebay and it also broke. The worst part is they didn;t have a replacement for me. Well... how about putting an ice blue or a yellow one on the side for me. If it wasn't for this posting I would not have known.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

DevRevenge
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 6:09 PM
Sorry, User, you just come to mind when thinking about people complaining about multiple topics

ShadowDragon1
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 6:10 PM
It's frakked up that they made so very few of these. For frak sake, PDP should of made at least 2000-5000, but them making only 350 is way, way too few.

Item scaplers are already putting these up on eBay for over $300... *sigh*

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

DevRevenge
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 8:42 PM
Posted on Cheap Ass Gamer:

So, I went ahead and called PDP. The gal I spoke to aid IF anyone cancels their order down from 2 to 1 that the extras will be going to staff there. She said they were supposed to alott some for staff, and didn't and next thing they knew they were sold out. She couldn't confirm a red one being in the works, but said check the site daily as they may not do the email thing on the next one because doing that caused so much traffic this am that their site crashed and they don't want that happening again.

Kinda f'ed up honestly. Sucks for those who had orders ripped from them, especially if they were already charged.

When the site went live you could only order 2, the option to order 1 wasn't available, that's why he contacted them.

pullfocus.exe
User

on Thursday, April, 14, 2011 9:31 PM
Zuse Wrote:If they've got 10k people looking to buy the thing why limit it to 350? Is the goal of commerce not to make money?

Yes, but what they are doing is abusing and being extremely irresponsible with the concept of "assumed value" sort of like the OBEY brand. (Not the brand itself, but how Shepard Fairey "created" it)

Trust me, if it were mass produced in un-numbered quantity, the scalpers and ebayers would not give a damm, the public would be in no rush to purchase, and you would not have to pay more than $49.99 for one. The limited run was chosen specifically to sell every single one, as a safety mechanism. Granted SM effed themselves with they horrible way they did the TL toy line, this kind of marketing is selfish and in my eyes, the mark of a scared little company that wants to make big bucks at little risk and holds no regard or respect for the market or its consumers.
I say this after the fact, they could very well have made more units, they had 2 prior examples to learn from, instead they chose to the low road, live off the hype, instead of really trying to please their customers.
in other words. BRATTY ass marketing.
Like the child with a lemonade stand that starts to charge double, tripple, quadruple, once he sees that his line is getting longer. Eyes made of greed.
This kind of attitude will make you money faster, but is guarenteed to keep you in business for a shorter ammount of time. I hope their companies longevity is exactly like their poor marketing
"LIMITED"

This is not to say that i won't try to buy a red one if they produce it. But i sure as hell am not going to lose sleep on it, nor will i ever support their sales (after tron items of course)

Open doors, like open minds

Mega Man
User

on Friday, April, 15, 2011 6:27 AM
I predict a white controller with white lights. where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 New limited edition TRON controller for XBOX 360 - YELLOW CLU