TRON: Evolution 
 Basics vs. Programs...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Tron Fanatic
User

Basics vs. Programs...

on Friday, April, 29, 2011 12:39 AM
Anyone figured out exactly what the difference is here?

Did Kevin give them the name, "Basics" as a way of differentiating them from the behavior of a normal computer system? Since they didn't so much work FOR a User, at least not in the normal way, crunching numbers, doing spreadsheets, taxes, whatever... and were more like, I suppose... Sims? And Clu saw that as somehow less than what a Program is, so he changed it? I'm a bit confused with that.

Being that he was in the middle of rebelling against a User, you'd think he wouldn't want to be called a Program, since Programs exist to serve a User.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

'>

typicaltronname
User

RE: Basics vs. Programs...

on Friday, April, 29, 2011 12:41 AM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:Anyone figured out exactly what the difference is here?

Did Kevin give them the name, "Basics" as a way of differentiating them from the behavior of a normal computer system? Since they didn't so much work FOR a User, at least not in the normal way, crunching numbers, doing spreadsheets, taxes, whatever... and were more like, I suppose... Sims? And Clu saw that as somehow less than what a Program is, so he changed it? I'm a bit confused with that.

Being that he was in the middle of rebelling against a User, you'd think he wouldn't want to be called a Program, since Programs exist to serve a User.

Basics was a name given to non-Isos, basically.(pun so intended)

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Tron Fanatic
User

on Friday, April, 29, 2011 12:50 AM
typicaltronname Wrote:Basics was a name given to non-Isos, basically.(pun so intended)

Wouldn't that be a Program too though? ISO's weren't Programs because nobody wrote them. Basics... were. And what's more, because ISO's didn't show up until later, there wouldn't have been a need to refer to them as Basics until then. So that'd mean... the name was changed FROM Programs TO Basics, once there were 2 different kinds of digital life running about?

'>

typicaltronname
User

on Friday, April, 29, 2011 12:52 AM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:
typicaltronname Wrote:Basics was a name given to non-Isos, basically.(pun so intended)

Wouldn't that be a Program too though? ISO's weren't Programs because nobody wrote them. Basics... were. And what's more, because ISO's didn't show up until later, there wouldn't have been a need to refer to them as Basics until then. So that'd mean... the name was changed FROM Programs TO Basics, once there were 2 different kinds of digital life running about?
\

"Program" seems to be a general way to refer to both basics and ISO's

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, April, 29, 2011 12:53 AM
"Today, we are basics no more! From now on... WE ARE PROGRAMS!"
-Clu in Tron: Evolution

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

typicaltronname
User

on Friday, April, 29, 2011 12:54 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:"Today, we are basics no more! From now on... WE ARE PROGRAMS!"

After he annihilated the ISOs, of course.

Tron Fanatic
User

on Friday, April, 29, 2011 12:55 AM
typicaltronname Wrote:

Actually, not yet. He said that when he unveiled his plan to destroy them. The only attack at that point had been Zuse's club.

'>

Tron Fanatic
User

on Friday, April, 29, 2011 12:57 AM
typicaltronname Wrote:"Program" seems to be a general way to refer to both basics and ISO's

Kevin was always very specific about not referring to ISO's as Programs. And Clu with his bigotry certainly wouldn't want to share a name with them.

'>

typicaltronname
User

on Friday, April, 29, 2011 12:58 AM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:
typicaltronname Wrote:

Actually, not yet. He said that when he unveiled his plan to destroy them. The only attack at that point had been Zuse's club.

........ Oh yeah, well I invented Television!!....

I got nothing.

Someone else, please give a better answer than me, I keep screwing up.
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Tron Fanatic
User

on Friday, April, 29, 2011 1:00 AM
I'd be screwing it up too, if it weren't for the fact that I am just finally playing through this game now.

'>

typicaltronname
User

on Friday, April, 29, 2011 1:01 AM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:I'd be screwing it up too, if it weren't for the fact that I am just finally playing through this game now.

I haven't played story mode on that game for a while. Looks like I have to now. It'd be a nice refresher course, since I haven't played story mode since December.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Tron Fanatic
User

on Friday, April, 29, 2011 2:15 AM
I'd like to know if Disney actually considers that game to be CANON. Apparently Tron 2.0 isn't.

'>

Ben_otter
User

on Friday, April, 29, 2011 2:43 AM
I see it that basics were more of copied and pasted programs, run through a code randomizer, to give them different looks and tastes, some being recruited for speceatly jobs, like sirens and so on, vs ISO's, who are just disk imag...Err, i mean programs who differ by having a self randomization core, giving them heightened creativity, and therfore, free will, in a sense.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

typicaltronname
User

on Friday, April, 29, 2011 3:46 PM
I think they do consider it canon.

I'd say that a game that sets the stage for the movie can't exactly be consider not-canon.

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, April, 29, 2011 4:16 PM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:I'd like to know if Disney actually considers that game to be CANON. Apparently Tron 2.0 isn't.

Evolution is definitely canon. I'm guessing the decision to ignore Tron 2.0 as canon was so that they could have more creative freedom over the franchise.

Also,

SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
According to the Ghost in the Machine comic that followed Tron 2.0, all of Tron 2.0 took place in a computer simulation (ala The Matrix), and when Jet was in the computer world he was in a computer simulation within a computer simulation. He was a program that was written to think he was a user. None of the events that happened in Tron 2.0 ever actually happened. I haven't read the comics, so I don't know the details. That's just what I've read across the internet.
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

PSN - TRON-dll

typicaltronname
User

on Friday, April, 29, 2011 4:17 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:
According to the Ghost in the Machine comic that followed Tron 2.0, all of Tron 2.0 took place in a computer simulation (ala The Matrix), and when Jet was in the computer world he was in a computer simulation within a computer simulation. He was a program that was written to think he was a user. None of the events that happened in Tron 2.0 ever actually happened. I haven't read the comics, so I don't know the details. That's just what I've read across the internet.

Wow. That just blew my mind...

cirlin
User

on Friday, April, 29, 2011 6:03 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:[

Hmmm... I think you might have gotten some inaccurate information.
The events of the comic were all part of a sort of simulation that was being run on a fragmented version of Jet left over from when he went into the computer. Everything that occurred in the game did happen, but when Jet returned to the real world a messed up copy was left over for some reason. The real Jet (and Alan I think) were trying to help the program Jet to reintegrate or something. I'll have to reread it to be more precise, but that's the gist of it.

RenegadeProgram
User

on Friday, April, 29, 2011 6:08 PM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:Anyone figured out exactly what the difference is here?

Being that he was in the middle of rebelling against a User, you'd think he wouldn't want to be called a Program, since Programs exist to serve a User.

I think you actually mean, "Basics vs. ISOs"???? Because Basics and ISOs are all programs, even though ISOs have no USERS. I think Basics are the programs who are tasked with helping to maintain the grid in some fashion, and of course, ISOs are independents to some extent, just by their very nature.

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

lurkinghorror
User

on Saturday, April, 30, 2011 2:48 AM
cirlin Wrote:
TRON.dll Wrote:[

Hmmm... I think you might have gotten some inaccurate information.
The events of the comic were all part of a sort of simulation that was being run on a fragmented version of Jet left over from when he went into the computer. Everything that occurred in the game did happen, but when Jet returned to the real world a messed up copy was left over for some reason. The real Jet (and Alan I think) were trying to help the program Jet to reintegrate or something. I'll have to reread it to be more precise, but that's the gist of it.

It's actually intentionally ambiguous as to where reality ended and the simulation began. But ... SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
...there are a few key bits suggested at the end of the comic that contradict the "reality" of the game. Specifically, Lora is mentioned as being alive at the end of the series.
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, April, 30, 2011 2:53 AM
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I haven't read the Ghost in the Machine comics, so that's probably the reason for the inaccuracies.

PSN - TRON-dll

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 Basics vs. Programs...