*Better* DS and PSP Covers

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Jalen
User

on Monday, August, 01, 2011 4:49 PM
Hey guys,

I bought a 3DS two days ago and can finally play Evolution (I had the game, just no system to play it on!). I gotta say, it's actually a lot of fun and turned out to be much better than I thought it would. I thoroughly enjoyed Evolution on the PS3 and Battle Grids for the Wii, but I wasn't expecting much from the handheld versions.

I find it irritating that this game has it's own story, which is pretty good actually, but yet the cover art is the exact same as Battle Grids.

Would any photoshop experts out there be willing to design better covers for the DS and PSP games? Covers that, you know, actually help sell the story lines of each game?

"You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

anonymouspunk89
User

RE: DS and PSP Covers (Better ones desired!)

on Monday, August, 01, 2011 9:30 PM
Jalen Wrote:Hey guys,

I bought a 3DS two days ago and can finally play Evolution (I had the game, just no system to play it on!). I gotta say, it's actually a lot of fun and turned out to be much better than I thought it would. I thoroughly enjoyed Evolution on the PS3 and Battle Grids for the Wii, but I wasn't expecting much from the handheld versions.

I find it irritating that this game has it's own story, which is pretty good actually, but yet the cover art is the exact same as Battle Grids.

Would any photoshop experts out there be willing to design better covers for the DS and PSP games? Covers that, you know, actually help sell the story lines of each game?
I'll see what I can do. What are the stories for those two games anyway (I only have Battle Grids) abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, August, 02, 2011 12:56 AM
anonymouspunk89 Wrote:What are the stories for those two games anyway (I only have Battle Grids)

DS: The Grid is experiencing power outages, causing programs to resort to their most basic functions due to a lack of energy and start attacking everyone. You are a new system monitor assigned to investigate the situation.

PSP: You're a program who is trying to win the Game Grid championship.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Jalen
User

on Tuesday, August, 02, 2011 10:29 AM
TRON.dll Wrote:
DS: The Grid is experiencing power outages, causing programs to resort to their most basic functions due to a lack of energy and start attacking everyone. You are a new system monitor assigned to investigate the situation.

PSP: You're a program who is trying to win the Game Grid championship.

Clearly, the DS version is the better game of the two. But at least the few opening scenes of the PSP version are satisfying--it opens at Flynn's Arcade in 1985, with Flynn in his secret hideout, developing new grid games tech--like new light cycles, for example, that can jump. You start the game as Tron--testing out the cycle. Then, you hire a recruit to enter the grid games and the story pretty much stops.

To those who have beaten the DS version......what's causing the power failures? Is it just that the Grid is too new at this point, and Flynn is overloading it with too much information at once? Are the hard drives storing the Grid outdated and too small? I spoke with a character in Tron City who said it had been "over a billion cycles" since it had been defragmented. Odd, because the game is rumored to take place in 1984--a billion cycles couldn't have happened yet, could they have?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

anonymouspunk89
User

on Tuesday, August, 02, 2011 10:48 PM
Jalen Wrote:
TRON.dll Wrote:

PSP: You're a program who is trying to win the Game Grid championship.

Clearly, the DS version is the better game of the two. But at least the few opening scenes of the PSP version are satisfying--it opens at Flynn's Arcade in 1985, with Flynn in his secret hideout, developing new grid games tech--like new light cycles, for example, that can jump. You start the game as Tron--testing out the cycle. Then, you hire a recruit to enter the grid games and the story pretty much stops.

To those who have beaten the DS version......what's causing the power failures? Is it just that the Grid is too new at this point, and Flynn is overloading it with too much information at once? Are the hard drives storing the Grid outdated and too small? I spoke with a character in Tron City who said it had been "over a billion cycles" since it had been defragmented. Odd, because the game is rumored to take place in 1984--a billion cycles couldn't have happened yet, could they have?
Oh, okay thanks.
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Argent
User

on Thursday, August, 11, 2011 1:23 PM
Jalen Wrote:Clearly, the DS version is the better game of the two. But at least the few opening scenes of the PSP version are satisfying--it opens at Flynn's Arcade in 1985, with Flynn in his secret hideout, developing new grid games tech--like new light cycles, for example, that can jump. You start the game as Tron--testing out the cycle. Then, you hire a recruit to enter the grid games and the story pretty much stops.

I liked the PSP game quite a bit, myself. The multiple event structure sort of reminded me of the classic Tron coin-op, and I loved the design work - the Gen 3 lightcycle in particular really feels like the midpoint between the classic lightcycles and the Gen 5 design in Legacy.

Am I the only one who got the feeling that the engine was originally designed to handle a more story-oriented Tron game, though? I mean, you had these robust on-foot events with disc and melee combat, stealth attacks, hacking consoles... as much as I enjoyed the gameplay, I would have loved to have seen the game tell a story along the lines of the other versions. (I'd still like to see them do something like that using the same engine, but given that the PSP's nearing the end of its life cycle and I don't imagine any new Tron games until Uprising hits, it doesn't seem likely. : / )

Jalen
User

on Saturday, August, 13, 2011 11:24 AM
Hey, I just found a better cover for the DS, made by Bob Stanton, who actually worked on the game! (The only thing about it that doesn't match is the rating, but that's an easy fix.)

The website I found it at (Bob Stanton's portfolio) also contains several screen caps of concept art for Battle Grids. All of the pictures are high resolution, and the DS cover is large enough for high print quality!

Here's his page:

http://portfolioarts.blogspot.com/2011/02/tron.html

Now, if only we could find the high res version of the classic-Tron style cover that CaptainCR found (http://tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=429234Z), we could use it to replace the cover of the PS3/XBOX360 cover, and leave the PSP cover alone I guess. That would be 4 different and awesome covers:

Jalen
User

RE: *Better* DS and PSP Covers

on Saturday, August, 13, 2011 1:33 PM

I made this for everyone...my version on my computer is the exact size it needs to be, but Photobucket resizes everything. Bummer. If you want the full sized version, send me a PM with your email address!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

tomorowlandude
User

on Saturday, August, 13, 2011 7:40 PM
Jalen Wrote:

I made this for everyone...my version on my computer is the exact size it needs to be, but Photobucket resizes everything. Bummer. If you want the full sized version, send me a PM with your email address!

Can you do tinypic or upl.co?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Jalen
User

on Sunday, August, 14, 2011 4:46 PM
tomorowlandude Wrote:
Jalen Wrote:

I made this for everyone...my version on my computer is the exact size it needs to be, but Photobucket resizes everything. Bummer. If you want the full sized version, send me a PM with your email address!

Can you do tinypic or upl.co?

Thanks for the advice! The above image has been scaled down because of the forum, but it is the correct image size!

Here's a link to the image: http://i53.tinypic.com/260evqa.jpg
Edit: I just noticed a tiny little error in it on the front cover. Hmmm, in a couple days, or this weekend, I'll fix that.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution