Fan Fiction & Art 
 Another Tron Legacy custom figure - WARRIOR

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Backfire2187
User

on Wednesday, August, 10, 2011 9:23 PM
Ok, so I'm not even done with my Gem and Quora customs, and I started a new one.

When I was a kid my Mom threw me a birthday party at this arcade called "Blast from the Past". I invited most of the guys from school, who brought me some presents. The kid up the street went ultra cheap and bought me a set of Tron figures, minus Flynn. My favorite was Warrior because it reminded me of a Storm Trooper. Only major problem with these toys was that I had never SEEN the movie. It was not until the 8th grade when the school played the movie in the darkened audiotorium with the curtains drawn. I got a front row seat and watched it for the first hour when time was UP and they shut off the movie. Back then VHS was relatively new so it took awhile for me to actually SEE the ending.

At any rate, so my Dog ATE my Warrior figure. I have had it all these years TAPED together, an arm and both legs were totally shot, but I would not let it go.

I stopped at a local flea market this weekend and found another couple carded TRON Legacy fitures for a buck, and was asked what I was going to do with it. "Customize" I said to my future wife.

Today, I was looking through some of my old toys and re-discovered Warrior, Immediately thought I could bring him back to life.

SO at long last, here's what I did.

dismembered Warrior by snapping off the leg nubs from the body and gently using a screw driver to pry the front and back halves apart. Arms came off with ease (if any one needs a good left arm let me know)

Hacked away at the inner torso and cod piece of what was left of Warrior to make it flat as can be. Drilled a hole in the back for the disc to fit through, THEN cut away at a extra Rinzler. Chopped a hole in his chest and parts of his back to make the bits of Warrior flush. THen glued it together. Looks COOL, can't wait to paint it. Just have to get whats left of Warriors paint off so that I can leave that clear so that it shines through when the light is lit.

I considered using the hands from Warrior but I think it's fine the way it is.

I HAVE to figure out how to post picts on here. THis thing is really cool.

Warrior, a rellic from the Old System. Once a elite guard of the MCP, now he is a obsolite program, too crude for even rectification into the new modern black guard ranks. Seeing Clu as a threat to the system as far too ambitious of his own goals, Warrior stands with the rebels against him.

Now if you actually read this far, somebody explain how to post picts!

Backfire2187
User

RE: Another Tron Legacy custom figure - WARRIOR

on Friday, August, 12, 2011 7:38 AM
http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l508/backfire2187/

http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l508/backfire2187/?action=view¤t=warriorcustomcard1.jpg

http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l508/backfire2187/?action=view¤t=warriorGemQuora1.jpg

http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l508/backfire2187/?action=view¤t=warriorpicts1.jpg

I also posted picts of the custom process. The final red stripes have not bee painted yet, this is still rather rough. There's little squares that the old Warrior has in the movie over the shoulder pads I may add. The original idea was to use Sam's figure, rip off the face plate so that from the inside you could see the face of the figure when lit. But this worked out with a Rinzler I had on hand.

Note the GUTS of the figure, incase you ever wanted to see what the inside of one of these looked like. Pretty cool. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

LIT
User

on Monday, August, 15, 2011 3:39 PM
I like how your figure looks like the concept art for Tron: Uprising.

And about how to post pics, use [IMG][/IMG] lowercased between the link.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

(a big thx to FlynnOne for the awesome pic)

Defending The Grid Against All Viruses And Rogue Programs

Minecraft Server: mcthegrid.no-ip.org

CB2001
User

on Saturday, September, 10, 2011 1:55 AM
Awesome! Great to see you resurrect a broken toy into an epically awesome new one. You should nickname him "Phoenix."

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art