Fan Fiction & Art 
 Customizing T:L action figures - An Inquiry

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
CB2001
User

on Saturday, December, 03, 2011 11:45 AM
As you guys may already know, I picked up some T:L action figures from Big Lots for the cheap and I plan on customizing them. Below are the figures I've got with some of the modifications I plan on performing (NOTE: I have two Rinzlers, but intend on modifying one of them while keeping one of them regular).

1. Sam Flynn- Replace the current head (with helmet) with a better one with that bares likeness to Garrett Hedlund (if possible)
2. Quorra - Make her head swappable between the helmet version that comes with the figure and a normal looking head that bares a likeness to Olivia Wilde (if possible)
3. CLU - Make his head swappable between the helmet version that comes with the figure and a normal looking head that bares a likeness to Jeff Bridges circa 1989 (if possible)
4. Rinzler #2- Plan on swapping head to with one of likeness to Bruce Boxleitner (if possible) and replace transparent orange pieces with transparent blue pieces and repaint the painted on lines with blue ones (if possible), so to make a T:L TRON (pre-CLU coup).

I don't know how many here have done modifications to these particular figures (I only know of one), is there any advice on making these mods and what replacement heads are also best recommended for them so to get the likeness right? I figured I'd ask these questions prior to making any changes to them. That way I know what is the typical problems with these particular figures that I am most likely to encounter, any recommendations on modifications and what should work as good for the heads (if the figures are still available in stores or can be found on eBay for very cheap). Thanks.

trekking95
User

RE: Customizing T:L action figures - An Inquiry

on Saturday, December, 03, 2011 2:51 PM
I don't know about the others, but for a Quorra head use Indiana Jones: Irina Spalko. Just a bit of paint for lighter skin and darker hair (and for an all out thing a face sculpt to make it look younger) and that would be fine!!! There used to be a thread here awhile back with good ideas for heads, I will to post it when I find it. abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

CB2001
User

on Saturday, December, 03, 2011 6:18 PM
Thanks for the heads up on that post. I had considered using the Irina Spalko action figure, but from looking at initial photos, I wasn't sure because the likeness barely resembles Cate Blanchett , let alone barely resembles Olivia Wilde. Of course, I was judging from pictures of the figure I've seen, but then again, the best way to make sure is to see the figure in person. So, I'm definitely going to reconsider it.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

trekking95
User

on Saturday, December, 03, 2011 6:59 PM
http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=396099
Here is that thread. I know its 24 pages long but its worth it!!

Save Tron 3!

CB2001
User

on Saturday, December, 03, 2011 8:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up (no pun intended). If there's any additional info (not just the head portion, but about the body parts) that you think I should be aware of, feel free to let me know too.

trekking95
User

on Saturday, December, 03, 2011 8:27 PM
Body parts? What figures did you mean?

Save Tron 3!

CB2001
User

on Saturday, December, 03, 2011 9:51 PM
trekking95 Wrote:Body parts? What figures did you mean?

Well, I mean things that I should be aware of when making the mods or anything that may need to be "fixed" in the process of customizing any of the figures. For example,I read somewhere that when it comes to the Rinzler figure you had to heat up the neck/ball socket area and push it back a little bit, as it's bent forward to make the helmet look straight (but when you have another head on it, the figure looks down). I also just spotted in one of the posts from the thread that someone used a hair drier to heat up the hands so that they could be adjusted to actually hold the Identity Discs properly. Basically, stuff like that.

trekking95
User

on Saturday, December, 03, 2011 10:11 PM
I cant think of anything right now but will let you know if I can!

Save Tron 3!

CB2001
User

on Saturday, December, 03, 2011 10:41 PM
trekking95 Wrote:I cant think of anything right now but will let you know if I can!

If you can, please do. If not, no worries.

CB2001
User

on Tuesday, December, 06, 2011 12:53 AM
Here's another question that has just popped into my mind: has anyone who has done T:L figure customs considered on doing a T:L custom of Yori? I would think that Quorra, with some minor modification and a new head could result in a T:L Yori to go with the T:L TRON.

CB2001
User

on Saturday, December, 10, 2011 5:35 PM
Just a heads up: any further posts about the topic of customizing will be at the above linked topic that trekking posted. So, admin, if you need to lock this thread, you're welcome to do so.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art