TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 My New Tron Arcade Record :)

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
flynnsplace
User

on Saturday, February, 11, 2012 7:55 PM
score isnt up to the david cruz level or anything, but for me, it's pretty damn good
Below is a video from the live stream I did when I get the score. (176k)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebIusrufEZ8&list=UUaQHgdt57Cwh10_TFll_YIA&index=1&feature=plcp

===========================
"on the other side of the screen it looks so easy"

Loctevus
User

RE: My New Tron Arcade Record :)

on Saturday, February, 11, 2012 8:53 PM
That's cool. Nice job buddy.

=)

Anything is possible, nothing is impossible, believe and see for yourself....

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Sunday, February, 12, 2012 5:11 AM
flynnsplace Wrote:score isnt up to the david cruz level or anything, but for me, it's pretty damn good
Below is a video from the live stream I did when I get the score. (176k)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebIusrufEZ8&list=UUaQHgdt57Cwh10_TFll_YIA&index=1&feature=plcp

Congrats video-game warrior!

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

flynnsplace
User

on Sunday, February, 12, 2012 8:46 PM
thanks guys where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

cool83
User

on Monday, February, 13, 2012 2:07 AM
Awsome job, Program. I watched to whole thing, brought back some great memories. I will have a Tron machine in my home, one day. Again, great job.

dctron
User

on Monday, February, 20, 2012 1:19 AM
Great job.That was entertaining to watch.
Those light cycles can make things very interesting with any slight mistake.

Tron WR 14,007,645

flynnsplace
User

on Monday, February, 20, 2012 5:28 AM
Hey thanks Dave . One day I will sit down and actually learn the patterns lol.

I think you need to sell a dvd to show us noobs how to play

dctron
User

on Monday, February, 20, 2012 10:43 AM
Here is some gameplay that might help.

http://www.twitch.tv/dctron
Let me know of any assistance I can provide to help you get higher scores.

Tron WR 14,007,645

flynnsplace
User

on Monday, February, 20, 2012 7:47 PM
Nice, I will check that out for sure. I also followed your channel..so maybe next time I can catch you play live

ddawgith
User

on Thursday, March, 01, 2012 2:03 AM
I've got about 2 million on my first guy and decided to let the game go. I haven't recorded any games on video yet.

With a family I don't see how I can get 24 hours straight to shoot for that WR. Even if I were fortunate enough to hit it, I'm sure the current WR holder would come right back after it. abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

dctron
User

on Thursday, March, 01, 2012 8:26 PM
2 million is a great score for your first man.
Keep up the great gaming.

It gets harder to play longer games when you can't take a break.
Once you figure out how to handle it, it's not that bad.

Tron WR 14,007,645

ddawgith
User

on Thursday, March, 01, 2012 10:15 PM
I watched some of your "quick 400,000" point game and noticed you don't point press the grid bugs. Do you just shoot on through when scoring big scores?

I find it takes about 1 hour 50 minutes (or so) to get the first million if I point press the spiders. I've heard other guys say it takes 3 hours but they don't point press the spiders.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

dctron
User

on Thursday, March, 01, 2012 11:47 PM
When I point press the grid bugs and cones, I can get 1 million in about 1:30 to 1:45. When I don't point press, I can get 1 million in about 1:15 to 1:20. The scoring rate is faster without point pressing.
No way to get 1 million in 3 hours. That seems too slow.
My world record games of 6 and 7 million were both with full point pressing.
My 11 and 14 million point games were with almost no point pressing.
There are advantages and disadvantages both ways.
Whatever works best for you.

Tron WR 14,007,645

ddawgith
User

on Thursday, March, 01, 2012 11:54 PM
seems like it's all pros to not point press. save your firing finger as well.

thanks

I was misled about how much time it takes
thanks bud

REDEYE
User

on Saturday, March, 30, 2013 9:46 PM
Nice...you're like a Tron ninja!

allenhuffman
User

on Wednesday, November, 20, 2013 5:14 PM
Fantastic. I just got access to a TRON machine a week or two ago at a new local arcade and have been working each visit to try to get a higher score than my previous visit. I finally broke 86K last night, putting me in #7 on the machine, but I have to jump up to 111K to knock the next guy down. A local has 195K right now.

How many of you are in the Twin Galaxies registry? Since my humble attempt (assuming the game is set correctly) puts me at #26, I plan on working to submit something. I think it would be cool, even if I'm 14 million below the top score, to be on that list. TRON was the only arcade game I was ever "good" at, and I am having a blast re-learning it.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Von Gruber
User

on Friday, January, 03, 2014 11:53 AM
I need to try a game without point pressing, To see if it goes faster or not. I did 791K last monday. Looking for the cool million soon.

allenhuffman
User

on Friday, January, 03, 2014 1:45 PM
Von Gruber Wrote:I need to try a game without point pressing, To see if it goes faster or not. I did 791K last monday. Looking for the cool million soon.

It will! My 643K (three slots down from you) was without point pressing! It's kind of a different game when you rush thru the Grid Bugs and MCP Cone -- feels like a race.

Von Gruber
User

on Monday, January, 06, 2014 2:37 PM
Tried a game with no PP style last night. it was ok. I think the points are about a wash no matter which route you choose. Dunno. I like doing the PP after the one game I did with not doing it.

Again like I say. whatever works for you!

allenhuffman
User

on Tuesday, January, 07, 2014 10:57 AM
Von Gruber Wrote:Tried a game with no PP style last night. it was ok. I think the points are about a wash no matter which route you choose. Dunno. I like doing the PP after the one game I did with not doing it.

Again like I say. whatever works for you!

It sure seems like you should end up with more points, but my three highest scoring games have all been without it. It sure seems that as long as you score more points than the timer countdown, you come out ahead.

But, in the time it takes to do this (35 seconds), you could have gone through a bunch of other levels with 1000+ for cones, the tanks, and the cycles. Whenever I have time, I'm going to jot down some scores at each levels (ignoring the bits) and see what the difference really is. By USER, it seems I'm always past 120K without.

I think I do better 'cause my arm doesn't tire as quickly. After two games the other night, my arm was hurting (I am having to force the joystick more to make sure it turns - man, you have some seriously good arcade muscles, VG).

Some of us just aren't built for arcade games. I think its' why I have never been any good at them. TRON is the only game I was ever able to really get far in, but I think that was because of the link to the TRON movie and the "computer" connection -- a really big deal to a 13 year old who had just gotten in to home computers when this stuff came out. I remember looking up the various languages and such listed in the game to learn what they were.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade