TRON: UPRISING 
 Back on the grid. May, 18th

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
cool83
User

on Sunday, April, 29, 2012 7:46 PM
Get ready, Programs, we are back on the GRID. Friday, May 18th. As I have stated before, This Ain't no Kiddie Show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj0pcleQ-Uw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Mayorcan
User

RE: Back on the grid. May, 18th

on Sunday, April, 29, 2012 10:29 PM
Well, that was the most concrete promo we've seen yet! So Beck works in "Abel's Garage" in Argon City. Hmm, I don't recall seeing that place anywhere in Tron Evolution or mentioned anywhere in the backstories of the Grid leading up to the release of Legacy in theaters.

Color me excited, nonetheless. It's good to see the Grid is a bigger place than just Tron City, Arija, and the Bostrum colony. May 18 is marked on my calendar!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Why use Norton AV or AVG to protect your computer when you could be using TRON instead!?

Gridbug95
User

on Sunday, April, 29, 2012 10:37 PM
"What do you think? They say it's 'groundbreaking'!" Btw every one seems to have a extremely high crotch. I'm exited though, hope it's good.

BlueTronWarrior
Sector Admin

on Sunday, April, 29, 2012 11:04 PM
Awesome!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

cool83
User

on Monday, April, 30, 2012 1:36 AM
I'm excited too. .As I have stated before, Disney is very excited about Tron: Uprising. They have always wanted a show like Clone Wars, and now they might just have it. There is a quiet war going on, between Nickelodeon and Disney, for some time now. This new lineup will help Disney capture interest from all age groups. As I have stated before, Tron: Uprising is TESTING (Shown to groups within the target audience) “Through the Roof“, as quoted from a Disney Fan podcast. Find me on Facebook, and friend away. Just look for Gerald Campos. I'm the guy in the Tux with a ring in my hand.

Daft Tron
User

on Monday, April, 30, 2012 3:54 AM
As I have stated before, Tron: Uprising is TESTING (Shown to groups within the target audience) “Through the Roof“, as quoted from a Disney Fan podcast. Find me on Facebook, and friend away. Just look for Gerald Campos. I'm the guy in the Tux with a ring in my hand. "

Why am I under the impression you're a probable pr for disney toons per your paragraph?

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Monday, April, 30, 2012 4:22 AM
Daft Tron Wrote:As I have stated before, Tron: Uprising is TESTING (Shown to groups within the target audience) “Through the Roof“, as quoted from a Disney Fan podcast. Find me on Facebook, and friend away. Just look for Gerald Campos. I'm the guy in the Tux with a ring in my hand. "

Why am I under the impression you're a probable pr for disney toons per your paragraph?

Gerald is an enthusiastic fan, Daft Tron

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

PixelatedProgram
User

on Thursday, May, 03, 2012 12:44 AM
I am so ecstatic for this!!!
This birthday is probably going to be one of my best birthdays I'll ever have. May the 18th... It's just like they KNEW.
anyways, I can tell from all the previews this isn't just going to be a thing for fans only... It will bring more attention to this fandom. Before you know it, we will be just as big as the Lord of the Rings fandom or the Portal fandom. Everyone will know the references and all that jazz. I hope anyways. I want to be able to say " You're messing with my zen thing man!" and everyone get it.
Also, the animation and style of it all... Just makes me speechless. I might be hosting a livestream when it comes on... IF I get my MacBook back by then...

http://kingnates.tumblr.com

LWSrocks2
User

on Thursday, May, 03, 2012 11:18 PM
Okay; so I know that May 18th is when we get to see Beck's Beginning, but what is it? I'm fairly sure it's not an actual episode, so is it a short 5 minute preview? A making-of type thing? How long is it? Whats it about? Can anybody explain?

LWSrocks2
User

on Thursday, May, 03, 2012 11:19 PM
Okay; so I know that May 18th is when we get to see Beck's Beginning, but what is it? I'm fairly sure it's not an actual episode, so is it a short 5 minute preview? A making-of type thing? How long is it? Whats it about? Can anybody explain?

cirlin
User

on Friday, May, 04, 2012 12:19 AM
LWSrocks2 Wrote:Okay; so I know that May 18th is when we get to see Beck's Beginning, but what is it? I'm fairly sure it's not an actual episode, so is it a short 5 minute preview? A making-of type thing? How long is it? Whats it about? Can anybody explain?

My suspicion is that it is those 'micro-episodes' they talked about a while back, but assembled all together. I believe they had mentioned 10 three minute episodes, making it a 30 minute show (a full thirty minutes though, not the 22 minutes+commercials that is the norm).
The 18th will show up on tvguide.com tomorrow (their listing goes 2 weeks in advance) so hopefully we can see the length of the special then.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Friday, May, 04, 2012 6:34 PM
Bloody frakin AWESOME.

I love how the Guards and the Recognizers are very similar to the original 1982 designs.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Saturday, May, 05, 2012 10:42 PM
He works in a garage with his friends. It doesn't feel like work, becuase he's with his friends. He also likes to play games with his friends.

The frequent over-use of the word 'friend' in that promo kinda blows 'this ain't no kiddie show' out of the water.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

-==[ www.boba-fettuccini.com ]==-

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Sunday, May, 06, 2012 12:58 AM
Boba Fettuccini Wrote:He works in a garage with his friends. It doesn't feel like work, becuase he's with his friends. He also likes to play games with his friends.

The frequent over-use of the word 'friend' in that promo kinda blows 'this ain't no kiddie show' out of the water.

The word "friends" is only used twice -- not three as you stated -- and one of those times is when the narrator says it after we see a friend of Beck's derezzed! Hardly "kiddie". I guess by your "logic" J.R.R. Tolkien was "kiddie" as well -- as he used the word "friend" (translated from the Elvish language he created) for his characters to enter the Mines of Moria with.

-- and the man himself: Bruce Boxleitner aka TRON has said: "This ain't no kiddie show" in reference to this series -- which I'm sure is where Gerald "cool83" got his reference for use at the start of this thread.

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, May, 06, 2012 1:40 AM
It's not a kid's show, but the appeal is there. It's also not a gritty, mature, adult-oriented show, but that appeal appears to be there, as well.

Based on the media I've seen, I'm classifying this as a family show, which, in my book, means a show that can legitimately be enjoyed by children and adults alike.

I've heard that My Little Pony does a good job of fitting that description.

Regardless of who the main target demographic for this show is, it's still new official Tron stuff, so I'm excited regardless.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Sunday, May, 06, 2012 1:49 AM
By my logic, it's a Disney show that's going to accentuate Disney themes. That doesn't mean it's gonna be bad, I'm just saying that it's a kids show.

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, May, 06, 2012 2:06 AM
Boba Fettuccini Wrote:By my logic, it's a Disney show that's going to accentuate Disney themes. That doesn't mean it's gonna be bad, I'm just saying that it's a kids show.

Have you seen any evidence that it's going to primarily feature themes seen in most Disney movies? Neither of the movies have done that, so I don't see why this show wouldn't follow that.

Your argument that the fact that Beck has friends was mentioned several times in the trailer makes the show purely a kid's show isn't very sound. None of us have actually seen the show yet, so coming to that conclusion based on your argument doesn't really work.

Even then, you can still fit morals and "Disney themes" in media without the media being aimed specifically towards kids and only kids.

Supplemental: Making unsound arguments on the internet generally results in this on a much larger scale. Get ready. A storm is coming.

PSN - TRON-dll

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Sunday, May, 06, 2012 2:09 AM
Look at the past and ask yourself when was the last time Disney put out anything for TV that wasn't corny and kidsy.

WIth that, I go back to dormancy. Have a good evening folks.

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Sunday, May, 06, 2012 2:10 AM
Boba Fettuccini Wrote:By my logic, it's a Disney show that's going to accentuate Disney themes. That doesn't mean it's gonna be bad, I'm just saying that it's a kids show.

LOL! By that definition then -- both TRON & TRON: LEGACY were kid's shows -- as these are all Disney! Regardless -- the STAR WARS and STAR TREK movies, and countless other sci-fi/fantasy movies and TV shows, have wide demographic appeal... I definitely wouldn't pointlessly undermine this series whatsoever... had this been "TRON Babies"... that would've made for another matter entirely.
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, May, 06, 2012 2:45 AM
Boba Fettuccini Wrote:Look at the past and ask yourself when was the last time Disney put out anything for TV that wasn't corny and kidsy.

Right, but you could say the same thing about their motion picture division when the original Tron came out.

However, neither of us have seen the show yet, so we can't be entirely sure what the target audience of the show is. To me, the media released so far seems to indicate that it's supposed to appeal towards kids and adults, but I have no idea if I'm right or not because I haven't seen the show yet. Using your logic, you could have also come to the conclusion back in 2009 that Tron Legacy is probably just some kiddie movie, because it's being published by the same film house that did Tangled and Snow White.

Now, I will say that I do feel a bit uneasy about watching this show on a TV channel designed for children, but considering the high number of alternate viewing options that will be available, that probably won't be an issue.

PSN - TRON-dll

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING