TRON: LEGACY 
 Tron 3?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
Tzigone
User

RE: Tron 3?

on Tuesday, December, 11, 2012 4:21 PM
I'm not sure of this forum's policy on resurrecting old threads. I didn't see anything against it in the rules, and there were a couple of thoughts here I wanted to reply to.

If they follow the narrative of Tron Legacy, that would suggest it would focus on Sam and Quorra, and what they will do in the real world. Im not sure a Tron movie can succeed if its not centered around The Grid. Also, a possibility of no Jeff Bridges? Thats like the third Matrix with no Neo. I dont know, I want the Tron era to continue on for as long as it can, just hope they do it right.
I'm actually very supportive of them following Sam and Quorra. I'm presuming this is supposed to be a Legacy sequel, not just TRON sequel, and so I really want the elements presented in Legacy to be addressed. I don't want Flynn, really, since he already died. He absolutely was the primary character in the first movie, and a major character in the second, but I'm not certain that I'd really think of it as a trilogy if we ended up with one movie and then a sequel 28 years later and then a sequel to that 4 or 5 years later. Not in the same sense that I regard Star Wars (OT) or Back to the Future as trilogies. Then there's the idea batted around of the original, and then a trilogy starting with Legacy. But who knows if that'll happen.

Tron Legacy felt as it if was intended to wrap up Kevin Flynn's story and pass the torch to his son. The short feature, The Next Day, even has a quote from a person in the Flynn Lives fandom - to the effect that Flynn has returned, just in a younger form. (Meaning Sam.)
I agree. I definitely think that's what they are going for, and I like the story that was told with Legacy, for the most part. I'd appreciate them using Alan, Lora, and maybe Roy as callbacks to the original movie. A larger part for Alan would be lovely, and I'd like to see the other two.

I don't think a Tron 3 would take place mostly in the real world, but it might explore more unique ways for the worlds to merge and interact. And there's quite the potential for a worthy conflict to predicate the 3rd film on... Sam has control of Encom now, but he doesn't realize his potential secret arch nemesis is already there in the form of Ed Dillinger Jr.
I don't know if they'll use Flynn Lives/The Next Day/Easter Egg material, but if they do, I'd love to find out why the Justice Department decided to investigate on that day (when Sam took over), and what Dillinger Jr.'s plan was. I'd love real-world material, but I expect the movie to be digital-world-based. At most, I'd say 60/40 in favor of the Grid, but 80/20 is more likely. It's just that in Legacy, Flynn spoke so much about the real-world implications of the ISO, and I'd hate to see that discarded. And the most likely way for it be be discarded is with Quorra dying, and I don't want that to happen, either. I'm personally much more interested in the real-world storyline, but I think the digital word - light-cycles and disc throwing, etc - is the defining characteristic of Tron so far.

Maybe if they make a third movie we'll get the real-world stuff (that will probably be glossed over in the movie) in comic form? Alan, at least, finding out about the digital world would be good. After what happened when Flynn didn't tell anyone, I hope Sam has learned better. And Alan and Roy both will want answers about the page. And when Sam was trying to solve the problem from the outside, he seemed to intend to tell Alan about all of it, and the two of them solve the CLU problem together.

Hopefully Quorra fixes Tron with her ISO powers in Tron 3. Tron 3 without a 100% healthy Tron would be a travesty.
I disagree. I think Alan needs to be the one to repair Tron's code (if he needs it, after rebooting in blue). There's the digital deaging technology, of course. Or it Alan does the code changes, they could be an in-movie reason for that. If helmeted, then you could have the face-reveal as a sort of reclaiming-identity/true-self moment towards the end of the movie.

It will be a love story with Quorra torn between reckless Sam and logical Ed jr.
Please, please, please, no love triangles. I love a good love story, but I hate triangles. I'm not concerned about it, really, though. Junior will almost have to show his hand in whatever the plan is, and if he's working against Sam, against Flynn's dream, Quorra won't be into him. I don't think they are planning on saving Dillinger Jr./MCP for another movie after this one (like they did in Legacy). I do expect Dillinger to play a large role, though. Right now he's looking like the secondary villain (with the MCP as primary), but they may decide not to go that direction or to have him play the dupe/redeem himself at the end of the movie. It would leave us with another young trio, like the first movie did.

What I see happening is ENCOM Tron is going to assimilate or re-integrate "1989" TRON back into himself, or think of it as a 'write-over'. A newer version takes precedence over an older one. It's like upgrading to the latest version of Photoshop, and the latest version writes over it.
It's another way to have BB play Tron at his current age. I think the biggest problem with that is that we just saw reintegration as death in the previous film, so it might leave a bad taste, as it were. I also am not at all sure Encom is still using the Tron program.

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

KingJ.exe
User

on Tuesday, December, 11, 2012 4:41 PM
I would think that ENCOM would continue to use an upgraded version of Tron for two reasons: 1, his name is the name of the franchise. Pretty simple there. 2: in 1982, Tron was supposed to be ahead of his time. Now think, you have an awesome security program that works. Why not simply upgrade it so that it can answer newer threats as they come? It's probably cheaper than coding a new program from scratch.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

Pilgrim1099
User

on Tuesday, December, 11, 2012 5:40 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:I would think that ENCOM would continue to use an upgraded version of Tron for two reasons: 1, his name is the name of the franchise. Pretty simple there. 2: in 1982, Tron was supposed to be ahead of his time. Now think, you have an awesome security program that works. Why not simply upgrade it so that it can answer newer threats as they come? It's probably cheaper than coding a new program from scratch.

And besides, Alan created Tron in the very first place and Sam now runs ENCOM, so he can give Alan the 'greenlight' to continue using him in their system or Flynn OS. People need to realize that Sam is NOW in charge of ENCOM, not Dilly Junior or any of the corporate idiots.

Tzigone
User

on Tuesday, December, 11, 2012 8:02 PM
I know Sam is in charge now. But Sam doesn't have the emotional attachment to Tron that Flynn formed. So if the program no longer exists on ENCOM's system, he has no reason to ask Alan to produce a new, modern one. To save/help the Tron from Flynn's grid - of course. That was his father's friend. But not to re-create a modernized version of an old program. A new security program sure - Alan is awesome at that - but that wouldn't be Tron, it'd be a new program.

Also, is Alan still doing coding at all for the company? I can really see a new programmer (after Flynn is gone) saying "This security program was great, but is out-dated now", and deciding creating a new one is easier/more efficient than just tacking on to the old one ad infinitum. Sometimes you need new programs.

There is a Tron already, on Sam's memory card, so I don't see why there has to be another one in ENCOM's system for the sake of the franchise.

Kat
User

on Tuesday, December, 11, 2012 9:56 PM
^I'm with you on this, although as far as emotional attachment-- remember that Sam heard a lot of stories as a kid about Tron The Hero, no doubt. So he may have an emotional attachment to the *idea* of Tron, even if not the actual dude.

Yeah, I daresay Sam faced a lot of disillusionment in his trip to the Grid. Tron and Clu were probably both heroes... one went bad and the other got corrupted. Ouch. Not sure how much disillusionment he got with Flynn. If he always retained the little-kid idea of dad-as-hero, it was probably painful to find he'd morphed into a pretty apathetic guy. Luckily, he wasn't around enough to learn everything we know via the film and T:B and such, so he was a bit spared. If, however, he grew to think of Flynn as that asshole that ran out on him, then the father he found was probably a relief and an improvement... Or, as is my guess, GrownUp!Sam and HurtKid!Sam probably clashed, as I'm not sure he ever dealt with his dad's disappearance properly, so it may have been a mix of both...

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

1982program
User

on Sunday, December, 16, 2012 11:37 AM
Just had a thought that has never occurred to me before. I assume some or most of the programs that Papa Flynn input in the arcade basement server were lifted from ENCOM....in other words, some ENCOM programmers are walking around without knowledge of their programs being used on this server.

Do you think Michael Sheen could be brought back as a yet unknown ENCOM programmer and that Castor / Zuse was his program? Maybe it Castor is a spyware / malware / cookie counting program made up by a programmer at ENCOM (Michael Sheen). This would explain why Castor is able to "wine and dine" other programs / users to get information...."working all the angles?" where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

1982program
User

on Sunday, December, 16, 2012 11:37 AM
Just had a thought that has never occurred to me before. I assume some or most of the programs that Papa Flynn input in the arcade basement server were lifted from ENCOM....in other words, some ENCOM programmers are walking around without knowledge of their programs being used on this server.

Do you think Michael Sheen could be brought back as a yet unknown ENCOM programmer and that Castor / Zuse was his program? Maybe it Castor is a spyware / malware / cookie counting program made up by a programmer at ENCOM (Michael Sheen). This would explain why Castor is able to "wine and dine" other programs / users to get information...."working all the angles?" order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Tron 3?