TRON: LEGACY 
 Tron 3?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
ActiveX
User

Tron 3?

on Sunday, May, 13, 2012 6:17 PM
Im sure you guys have already read this : http://screenrant.com/tron-3-production-2014-sandy-158403/

Raises a few questions for me though. If they follow the narrative of Tron Legacy, that would suggest it would focus on Sam and Quorra, and what they will do in the real world. Im not sure a Tron movie can succeed if its not centered around The Grid. Also, a possibility of no Jeff Bridges? Thats like the third Matrix with no Neo. I dont know, I want the Tron era to continue on for as long as it can, just hope they do it right.

"Everything you do or learn will be imprinted on this disc. If you lose your disc or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate de-resolution. That will be all."

spacedinosaurblue
User

RE: Tron 3?

on Sunday, May, 13, 2012 10:27 PM
Tron Legacy felt as it if was intended to wrap up Kevin Flynn's story and pass the torch to his son. The short feature, The Next Day, even has a quote from a person in the Flynn Lives fandom - to the effect that Flynn has returned, just in a younger form. (Meaning Sam.)

I don't think a Tron 3 would take place mostly in the real world, but it might explore more unique ways for the worlds to merge and interact. And there's quite the potential for a worthy conflict to predicate the 3rd film on... Sam has control of Encom now, but he doesn't realize his potential secret arch nemesis is already there in the form of Ed Dillinger Jr.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

CB2001
User

on Sunday, May, 13, 2012 10:36 PM
ActiveX- Despite the mentality that you need to have a story being set on the Grid for it to be TRON isn't really accurate. You could have a story that involves both the real world and inside the computer at the same time. I cite TRON 2.0 as an example. It did a great job in balancing the situation of a hostile corporate takeover from both outside and inside the computer system. And Kevin Flynn wasn't involved in the game, though there are references to him through e-mails and the fact you encounter some of his work (i.e. Tank Programs and the Recognizer).

We've talked about what could possibly be done for a Part 3, and I've even expressed the possibility of just adapting the scenario presented in TRON 2.0 and insert it into the film timeline, having Dillenger Systems perform a hostile takeover of Encom (literally it being hostile) in both the real world and the digital world, leading to have the trifecta of Bradley and Flynn vs. Dillenger and MCP yet again turn up. And, at the end, we get a little glimmer of the possibility that Kevin Flynn is not as "dead and gone" as we think.

Tron 3 without Kevin Flynn is possible. Tron 3 being set in the real world is just as much possible (heck, they did it in the first movie for the entire first act). There's no need to worry.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

MCPcomputer
User

on Monday, May, 14, 2012 12:17 AM

I want TRON 3.. I also want ElecTRONica back at Disneyland..

but what I want most of all is Kevin Flynn to be in Tron 3!!!

They gotta find a way to bring him back. wait.. I NEED that!!!

END OF LINE

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Traahn
User

on Monday, May, 14, 2012 12:24 AM
Hopefully Quorra fixes Tron with her ISO powers in Tron 3. Tron 3 without a 100% healthy Tron would be a travesty. If we're to forever live with a washed-up Tron, then whatever. T:U bio for Tron: "A fallen hero who was once the greatest warrior and protector of the Grid, Tron is now in seclusion after being deeply damaged in a battle with Clu. He sees Beck as a worthy warrior to step into his role and be his successor."

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

CB2001
User

on Monday, May, 14, 2012 12:38 AM
MCPcomputer Wrote:but what I want most of all is Kevin Flynn to be in Tron 3!!!

They gotta find a way to bring him back. wait.. I NEED that!!!

There is already a way. If they bring back Yori, she may be able to reconstruct Flynn from the pieces that may have been blown all over the Grid. And, he could probably be a new MCP for Encom, only being able to be alive as long as he stays inside the system. Seriously, that was her job in the original film if I recall correctly.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

ActiveX
User

on Monday, May, 14, 2012 6:39 PM
CB2001 - I agree with you to an extent. I still maintain that the majority of the film needs to be on the Grid. There are a dozen "corporate" take over films out there, the grid is a distinguishing factor for me. Now, as for Kevin Flynn not being in the film, I think it would be a risky maneuver, not sure how it would pay off. I also agree with TRAAHN in his assessment that must make a come back in some way or form. Whether its Alan reprogramming Tron on the outside, or someone repairing him on the inside. OR, try this on for size and tell me how it tastes. Tron is still alive on the grid (barely), but he is too badly damaged to protect the grid against the new Dillinger virus (or whatever). Somehow, its decided that Bradley needs to go on the grid, as he is the only one capable of repairing Tron.

"Everything you do or learn will be imprinted on this disc. If you lose your disc or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate de-resolution. That will be all."

CB2001
User

on Monday, May, 14, 2012 10:10 PM
ActiveX Wrote:CB2001 - I agree with you to an extent. I still maintain that the majority of the film needs to be on the Grid. There are a dozen "corporate" take over films out there, the grid is a distinguishing factor for me. Now, as for Kevin Flynn not being in the film, I think it would be a risky maneuver, not sure how it would pay off. I also agree with TRAAHN in his assessment that must make a come back in some way or form. Whether its Alan reprogramming Tron on the outside, or someone repairing him on the inside. OR, try this on for size and tell me how it tastes. Tron is still alive on the grid (barely), but he is too badly damaged to protect the grid against the new Dillinger virus (or whatever). Somehow, its decided that Bradley needs to go on the grid, as he is the only one capable of repairing Tron.

Actually, even with the dozens of hostile takeovers stories, I think if you take what is presented in the TRON 2.0 game and adjust them for a film (like how I presented here, third post from the bottom), I think it'd work well. Not to mention, with things like The Next Day, the Dillengers chat and the interview with Alan Bradley on the Blu-Ray, we see that Encom is apparently hurting, even with Sam Flynn taking over, and the Dillengers are planning something. With those three extras alone, it's hinting what we saw in TRON 2.0 may finally be seen in some way on the big screen.

But I agree with the idea of having TRON coming back. Having Alan and TRON meet would be rather weird, as we don't know how TRON or Alan would feel about meeting each other. But that would be an interesting scene to see.

ActiveX
User

on Tuesday, May, 15, 2012 8:00 PM
CB2001 Wrote:
Actually, even with the dozens of hostile takeovers stories, I think if you take what is presented in the TRON 2.0 game and adjust them for a film (like how I presented here, third post from the bottom), I think it'd work well. Not to mention, with things like The Next Day, the Dillengers chat and the interview with Alan Bradley on the Blu-Ray, we see that Encom is apparently hurting, even with Sam Flynn taking over, and the Dillengers are planning something. With those three extras alone, it's hinting what we saw in TRON 2.0 may finally be seen in some way on the big screen.

But I agree with the idea of having TRON coming back. Having Alan and TRON meet would be rather weird, as we don't know how TRON or Alan would feel about meeting each other. But that would be an interesting scene to see.

Well heres the deal fellow program, the type of film your describing would be a near replica of the first film.............and im FINE with that, i would love it. If they could create the movie in a way that requires the "Heros" to go onto the Grid in order to ultimately defeat Dillinger, then im all for it. As Im sure you remember, the first movie was very much a corporate takeover movie. Kevin Flynn was attempting to oust Dillinger and take over his company. The blended the two worlds perfectly. So, if we are heading down that road, I can deal with it.............but then your leaving behind the ENTIRE concept of Quorra, which is basically Flynns legacy. Wouldnt you agree that she has to play a Pivotal role, possibly a PRIMARY role in the movie?

Just a side note, have you noticed that how nearly every single scene outside the Grid in both the original and legacy movies, takes place at night.................with the exception of the end of the movies. I definately think they shoudl stick with that.

Imbroglio
User

on Wednesday, May, 16, 2012 4:37 PM
It will be a love story with Quorra torn between reckless Sam and logical Ed jr.

ActiveX
User

on Wednesday, May, 16, 2012 6:47 PM
Quorra falling for Dillinger??? I highly doubt that, Keving Flynn might as well be her father for all intents and purposes. She would never go with a Dillinger.

Imbroglio
User

on Wednesday, May, 16, 2012 6:55 PM
ActiveX Wrote:Quorra falling for Dillinger??? I highly doubt that, Keving Flynn might as well be her father for all intents and purposes. She would never go with a Dillinger.

Who is more like Flynn?

Sam = irresponsible hacker

Ed Jr. = one of the head software engineers at Encom

If Flynn is Quorra's father and she hooks up with Sam, then they will end up on the Dr. Phil show.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Loctevus
User

on Wednesday, May, 16, 2012 7:57 PM
I think there is a possibility that Kevin Flynn may still be around. We just don't know it yet. Clu very well could return someday back on the grid. Anything is possible. If Tron is coming back, I most certainly think its possible for others to return aswell. Just... might not be what we expect it to be. Keep your hopes up. * smiles *on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Anything is possible, nothing is impossible, believe and see for yourself....

Kat
User

on Wednesday, May, 16, 2012 8:46 PM
Oh, I think Sam is AAAAAAAAAABSOLUTELY Flynn 2.0. Completely. Immature? Check. Arrogant? Check. Rebellious? Check. Charming? Check. Pisses off Alan? Check. The only thing that's different is Sam's not outgoing-- but I sense he'd be an extrovert if he let himself.

Of course, we all know how I feel about Dillinjr, so, yep.

Doesn't mean I could see Q with him, though, even if I didn't think that suggestion was at least half tongue-in-cheek.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Wednesday, May, 16, 2012 10:14 PM
ActiveX Wrote:CB2001 - I agree with you to an extent. I still maintain that the majority of the film needs to be on the Grid. There are a dozen "corporate" take over films out there, the grid is a distinguishing factor for me. Now, as for Kevin Flynn not being in the film, I think it would be a risky maneuver, not sure how it would pay off. I also agree with TRAAHN in his assessment that must make a come back in some way or form. Whether its Alan reprogramming Tron on the outside, or someone repairing him on the inside. OR, try this on for size and tell me how it tastes. Tron is still alive on the grid (barely), but he is too badly damaged to protect the grid against the new Dillinger virus (or whatever). Somehow, its decided that Bradley needs to go on the grid, as he is the only one capable of repairing Tron.

Actually wait a second. The badly damaged TRON on Flynn's "Grid" is a copy that he brought over from ENCOM. He just copied to code of the security program. Alan would be the one who keeps the original, despite the fact Flynn was CEO at the time. Even though, Alan knows his Tron program better than anyone else and is able to tweak him.

The upgrade that "Grid" TRON has is a deviation of Flynn's code, whereas ENCOM Tron (Alan's original) is still in there and untouched since Flynn's disappearance, would have to be many times more powerful compared to the copy that CLU rectified into Rinzler.

So, in that sense, I have to agree that Alan would have to repair TRON. BUT, here's the problem. The minute Sammy loads up that memory card from the "Grid", any program that is still active (or living) inside is going to migrate into the ENCOM server (that is, if Sam decides to go that route using the company's servers). Once they "immigrate" into the ENCOM server (just like the ISOs did entering the Grid), they're gonna feel very inferior to the ENCOM programs.

Why? Because in 1989, once Flynn got digitized for the last time and arrested, he can't upgrade the Grid anymore due to the hardware limitations. ENCOM, on the other hand, can afford to continue upgrading past 1989 up to the present.

Imagine the ENCOM programs of 2012 (or the present) compared to the ceiling limit that the programs on the Grid reached in 1989. That means, the ENCOM TRON will cross paths with "Rinzler" and say to Flynn, "Look what you did to the other me".

The presence of CLU (if he resurfaces) and other programs will make everybody uneasy and uncomfortable. ENCOM Tron will meet SAM for the first time, but will reunite with Kevin Flynn, unless he accuses him of irresponsibly causing a copy of himself to be damaged.

What I see happening is ENCOM Tron is going to assimilate or re-integrate "1989" TRON back into himself, or think of it as a 'write-over'. A newer version takes precedence over an older one. It's like upgrading to the latest version of Photoshop, and the latest version writes over it.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Wednesday, May, 16, 2012 10:20 PM
Traahn Wrote:Hopefully Quorra fixes Tron with her ISO powers in Tron 3. Tron 3 without a 100% healthy Tron would be a travesty. If we're to forever live with a washed-up Tron, then whatever. T:U bio for Tron: "A fallen hero who was once the greatest warrior and protector of the Grid, Tron is now in seclusion after being deeply damaged in a battle with Clu. He sees Beck as a worthy warrior to step into his role and be his successor."

That is a possibility. If she goes back to the Grid and they cook up a new code for Quorra to upgrade Tron to heal up, it might work. BUT, the way the animated series is going, they may go the route that Beck becomes the new Tron/Rinzler, and is the one we saw in theaters, while 'old' Tron gets killed off for good in the end. I doubt they would do it. The problem is that Beck has no emotional ties to Flynn to be 'snapped out of'. Only Flynn's presence would've awoken TRON's consciousness out of the "Rinzler" persona.

Therefore, we won't know what they plan to do with Quorra. What's very likely is that Dillinger JR will attempt to manipulate her after finding out who she is, or attempt to steal her from Sam, just like Ed stole Flynn's files. I'm wondering if Junior is going to hide Quorra into the new ENCOM Grid or somewhere else where his father is hiding in, perhaps, to use her code to heal himself, that is if he's elderly sick.

Or, Dillinger Jr might try to corrupt Quorra into his own 'naughty girl'.

ActiveX
User

on Wednesday, May, 16, 2012 10:21 PM
Wait, he never says that he COPIED Tron did he? I thought he said he brought tron from the old system to the new one. In which case it would just be a simple data transfer. Remember, Flynn was accessing ENCOM systems with his first version of CLU alllllll the way at his arcade, he didnt need to be hardwired in.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Pilgrim1099
User

on Wednesday, May, 16, 2012 10:26 PM
ActiveX Wrote:Wait, he never says that he COPIED Tron did he? I thought he said he brought tron from the old system to the new one. In which case it would just be a simple data transfer. Remember, Flynn was accessing ENCOM systems with his first version of CLU alllllll the way at his arcade, he didnt need to be hardwired in.

There is one problem with that. The Grid server is cut off with no internet. Even if they did'nt specify HOW he brought Tron over, I have to believe he copied the program onto a disc (the old school method back in 1984). In the old days, he did use a modem to hack into ENCOM, but I think after his experience inside the grid, and becoming CEO, he decided to create his own in the arcade basement as a experiment but not connected to any server outside of the arcade. And he knows how ENCOM programs are used to hack into other systems.

A risk he could'nt take if a new MCP rises again. Or something of that sort.

By the way, in the old days, programs had to be hand-coded since there was'nt a hard-drive in the early 80s. I remember doing this many times with machine language on the C-64 from RUN magazine for the fun of it . And had to use the 1545 floppy disk drive to save the files.

Kat
User

on Thursday, May, 17, 2012 7:57 AM
I thought he had brought the original Tron as well.

In addition, we don't know that Encom is still using Tron. Considering the way they seem to treat Alan, I find it unlikely. Considering how much information security has changed in the last 30 years, I would think they're more likely to develop something entirely new rather than keep updating and patching a program from 1982-- imagine how clunky it would get unless it were almost completely torn down and rewritten at some point anyway.

(I've actually written that they discontinued use of Tron after the MCP fiasco, having convinced themselves Alan wrote it because of the MCP and it was no longer needed once the MCP was gone, and installed a security program developed by one of their teams instead [or, they probably were already running some sort of security software prior to Tron's release and may have just stuck with that rather than adopting some independent program written by one dude who seems to have just done it on his own]. Hence, Flynn decides to move Tron to his own server rather than see him deleted. Or, I suppose it's possible Tron was discontinued once Flynn disappeared if he was able to keep it from happening in his time .)

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Thursday, May, 17, 2012 8:03 AM
Kat Wrote:I thought he had brought the original Tron as well.

In addition, we don't know that Encom is still using Tron. Considering the way they seem to treat Alan, I find it unlikely. Considering how much information security has changed in the last 30 years, I would think they're more likely to develop something entirely new rather than keep updating and patching a program from 1982-- imagine how clunky it would get unless it were almost completely torn down and rewritten at some point anyway.

(I've actually written that they discontinued use of Tron after the MCP fiasco, having convinced themselves Alan wrote it because of the MCP and it was no longer needed once the MCP was gone, and installed a security program developed by one of their teams instead [or, they probably were already running some sort of security software prior to Tron's release and may have just stuck with that rather than adopting some independent program written by one dude who seems to have just done it on his own]. Hence, Flynn decides to move Tron to his own server rather than see him deleted. Or, I suppose it's possible Tron was discontinued once Flynn disappeared if he was able to keep it from happening in his time .)

It's possible that TRON is part of the ENCOM OS package that they were going to offer. But my feeling is that there were two of them running around in separate grids.
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Tron 3?